PDA

View Full Version : I.A non-investigaters

08-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Why do we have correction personnel and others who work in I.A as investigators but have never ever worked as an investigator before. These guys need to stop fishing for ways to screw someone just because they are told to set an example.

08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
PBSO's IA is a laugh.. I mean, what is the purpose in having an Internal Affairs department if it is going to do nothing but 'protect' their officers that act up Can't get a complete concern out without it being turned into something that is has nothing to do with. Nip it all in the bud, why waste your time going nowhere within, take it straight to the top! Works every time ;)

08-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I have had a few complaints go to IA. Thankfully they were all unfounded. I can’t really complain about how it was handled, other than perhaps the attitude displayed by an investigator. Seemed to be "hunting" hard, but since I didn’t do anything wrong, I showed as much attitude as I got from them. One even had the stones to ask why it seemed I had a problem with him. So I told him his attitude seemed to have me convicted and fired already, and that since I didn’t do anything wrong, he could "respectfully shove his attitude". He calmed down a little. Bottom line...........if you screwed up, admit it and take your lumps. If you didn’t do anything wrong, stand up proud and tell them so.

08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
remains a secret.

9 out 10 complaints go unnoticed. The officer given a quick slap on the wrist and set out to harrass the next innocent citizen.

The time will come when karma makes that full circle.

How can one officer get numerous complaints yet all be unfounded? LOL thats the way IA works, especially in PBSO.

Quick fix:

Take it to the top , like another poster said, the truth will prevail on that step of the ladder. Go above and beyond the agency when the agency fails to listen.

08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
remains a secret.

9 out 10 complaints go unnoticed. The officer given a quick slap on the wrist and set out to harrass the next innocent citizen.

The time will come when karma makes that full circle.

How can one officer get numerous complaints yet all be unfounded? LOL thats the way IA works, especially in PBSO.

Quick fix:

Take it to the top , like another poster said, the truth will prevail on that step of the ladder. Go above and beyond the agency when the agency

fails to listen.

9 out of 10 complaints are UNFOUNDED because 9 out of 10 complaints are ALL LIES ! WHEN PEOPLE GET ARRESTED OR THEY DON'T GET THEIR WAY, THE TELEPHONE IS THE COWARD'S SWORD. TODAYS COP DEALS WITH A SOCIETY OF DRUG USERS AND OTHER CRIMINALS AND THEIR ASSOCIATES IN A MUCH HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF PUBLIC INTERACTIONS THAN WHEN THE CONCEPT OF IA COMPLAINTS WAS INITIALLY DEVELOPED. AS A RESULT, IT IS VERY EASY FOR AN OFFICER IN A HIGH CRIME OR BUSY AREA TO ARREST MORE PEOPLE OR INTERRUPT MORE PEOPLE'S IMPROPER CONDUCT WHICH RESULTS IN MORE COMPLAINTS. AND YES, SOME PEOPLE RUN TO UNSCRUPULOUS ATTORNEYS TO PROMOTE AN ILLEGITIMATE CASE OF HARRASSMENT BUT WHEN THOSE CASES FLOP IN COURT, THE COPS ARE NOW GOING AFTER THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR ATTORNEYS FOR THEIR GROSS MISREPRESENTATIONS TO THE COURT. THE PENDULUM IS COMING, GET OUT OF THE WAY. THE DAYS OF HIDING BEHIND AN ATTORNEY ARE OVER. THE GLOVES ARE OFF AND THE $$ IS GOING TO THE COPS FOR THE HARRASSMENT THEY ENDURE.

08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
When their attorney ends up a defendant, the same guy that was pushing the whole stupid thing along ends up converting to be the cop's star witness and to get off the hook, they give up every detail and put the whole dozen eggs on the same people they were formerly representing.
Malice is proven and the cash register goes cha-ching !

08-25-2007, 11:21 PM
since when did it empower you to add to the story. Never once was the word 'attorney' mentioned lol

But thanks for further proving my posts correct.

8)

08-26-2007, 06:07 PM
You are soooo right. You carefully avoided the word "attorney" so I thought I'd help you out with the bush beating around that you had going on. The only thing more rewarding than suing a liar who lies about you directly is suing the professional lie assembler for promoting malicious attacks on officers. Lying is immoral and unethical and is against one of God's commandments. It's about time that liars who get paid to do it pay some consequences. Bad cops need to be prosecuted the same way as anybody else, on the evidence. Just saying a cop is Bad isn't evidence. That's the problem. When a suit and tie guy says it, it is entertained as fact when it is just lies wrapped up in fancy words.
IA has a double edged sword. They face the conspiracy theorists who think the investigations are a farse and the cops who think they are headhunters. In reality, they serve a very valid and honorable purpose.
You know someone is flatly anti police when they know nothing of the officer's actual investigations and automatically assume that several unfounded complaints arent possible. That's what non cops will never understand because in their world, the public they deal with have no way to complain on them. The fact that the public has been cultured to think they have an angle of retaliation has resulted in a great many frivolous and revenge based complaints. IA is not a conspiracy. IA is the place where the facts are separated from the opinions. Most people making complaints do so based on their opinion of how an officer should have acted as opposed to any basis in factual evidence of wrongdoing.
Cops don't arrest or cite people based on their opinions. It is based on facts and testimony of victims etc. If the public could just stop violating the law, the police could be eliminated and we could all live happily ever after. As soon as the lying attorneys and complainers have been punished that is.

08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I have had a few complaints go to IA. Thankfully they were all unfounded. I can’t really complain about how it was handled, other than perhaps the attitude displayed by an investigator. Seemed to be "hunting" hard, but since I didn’t do anything wrong, I showed as much attitude as I got from them. One even had the stones to ask why it seemed I had a problem with him. So I told him his attitude seemed to have me convicted and fired already, and that since I didn’t do anything wrong, he could "respectfully shove his attitude". He calmed down a little. Bottom line...........if you screwed up, admit it and take your lumps. If you didn’t do anything wrong, stand up proud and tell them so.
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT REPORTED TO IA FOR SPELLING..........

08-26-2007, 08:24 PM
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT REPORTED TO IA FOR SPELLING..........

Yea i guess maybe I did....<blush>.....My point still stands ! ! ! ! !