PDA

View Full Version : What did the Chief and Command Staff say in CDSS Roll Call ?

08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I heard that the chief and his command staff attended central district roll call. From an insider, what was said?

08-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Damage Control

08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
A good source from city hall indicated that T$ will be resigning along with the deputy. More changes will come within the next (2) weeks.

08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
now that would be good to see on paper...so lets see what happens

08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
BY MICHAEL VASQUEZ
mrvasquez@MiamiHerald.com
Miami Police Chief John Timoney rejected calls for his resignation Thursday morning in the wake of a local television station's report this week that he got to drive a Lexus SUV for more than a year -- for free.

''It's clear to me now, in retrospect, that I kept that vehicle for too long,'' Timoney told reporters at a press conference at police headquarters.

These were Timoney's first public comments about the arrangement between him and the Lexus of Kendall dealership.

Timoney's perk was first reported by Miami Herald news partner WFOR-CBS 4 on Monday.

Timoney explained that he became a Lexus of Kendall customer 4 ½ years ago when he relocated to South Florida. He said he became friends with the dealership's owner -- they shared an acquaintance from the New York City Police Department.

''We share a lot of things in common,'' Timoney said. ``Including an Irish heritage.''

In an effort to quell the controversy, Timoney this week opted to buy the SUV in question. The chief said he paid full sticker price -- $54,000.

Miami Commissioner Marc Sarnoff, noting that Timoney at first did not admit he was getting the SUV for free, has publicly called on the chief to resign because of the Lexus fiasco.

''I work for the [city] manager and the mayor,'' Timoney said in response Thursday. ``They will determine my future.''

A day earlier, City Manager Pete Hernandez said he had not made up his mind on whether Timoney would be disciplined.

Timoney has asked for an opinion from the Miami-Dade Ethics Commission. Hernandez said he was inclined to let the ethics panel weigh in before deciding what to do.

Meanwhile, Miami's police union has taken the rare step of scheduling a vote on whether to declare a lack of confidence in Timoney's leadership.

The more than 900 officers who make up the union will decide Sept. 4 whether they want to formally request Timoney's ouster by declaring a vote of ''no confidence'' in the chief and his deputy, Frank Fernandez.

Timoney noted Thursday that the whole time he enjoyed free use of the Lexus SUV, he had been paying to lease a Lexus sedan from the same dealership. Timoney said even if you combined the mileage on the two cars, it would not exceed the mileage limit on his lease.

So while many have blasted the chief for the free SUV, Timoney countered, ``I was also paying for a car I didn't use.''

Miami Herald news partner WFOR-CBS 4 contributed to this report.

08-23-2007, 11:58 PM
we are tired and we're not going to take it anymore.......corrupt *******s

08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
damage control, running to the roll calls, chief Timoney,its frank fernandez we want out, hes ruined this place
we never see either of them,now today they are our friends,our pals our buddies.
Bullies,thugs thats what you are.

08-24-2007, 05:55 AM
they are shitting bricks

08-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info guys...see you Sept. 4 and remember we attempted a vote of no confidence about two years ago and were talked out of it, vote yes and don't be intimidated or sweet talked out of it!!!!

08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
It's obvious as the nose on your face. Timoney not only accepted an unethical gratuity, but he went on to lie about it as well. These are two huge violations in the law enforcement community. Untruthfullness is considered so grievous in nature that the FDLE will pull your law enforcement certificate. This strikes at the very core of what law enforcement represents. A leader of the calibre needed for a city like Miami should be without reproach. How can he lead from this point on? A leader must lead by example. A good example. A leader of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness.

You are naive to think that this Lexus incident is the driving force behind the rank and file determination to oust Timoney.

His administration has been so oppressive that it has directly been responsible for the crisis the department now faces. Staffing levels are critical despite a new contract. Officers continue to seek employment elsewhere at a rate that far exceeds their replacement. Officers are continuously drafted to cover shortages from one shift to the next. Timoney's staff will beg to differ, citing slightly altered staffing figures.

08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I heard that the chief and his command staff attended central district roll call. From an insider, what was said?

The chief was nostalgic and said: Hey, like my fellow Irish, Billy Conn said after Joe Lewis knocked him out, what's the use of being Irish if you can't be stupid?