PDA

View Full Version : TIMONEY INVESTIGATION

08-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Chief Timoney has been found in violation of the following Departmental Orders:

Departmental Order 1 Chapter 11

11.6.13.8.1 Condict unbecoming an Officer or EmployeeNo member or civilianemployee of the Department shall conduct him/herself in a disorderly manner at any time, on or off duty, or so conduct him/herself in a manner unbecoming the conduct of a member or civilian employee of the Miami Police Department.

11.6.50 Accepting Gifts, Gratuities or SolicitationsAn employee must not place himself/herself in in position of compromise by soliciting or accepting gratuities, even where such activity may otherwise be considered an acceptable form of business negotiation, outside the department.

Departmental Order 2 Chapter 3

3.4.5 Integrity
A Police Officer will not engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will an officer condone such acts by other police officers. The public demands that the integrity of police officers be above reproach. Police officers must, therefore, avoid any conduct taht might compromise integrity and thus undercut the public confidence in a law enforcement agency. Officers will refuse to accept any gifts, presents, subscriptions, favors, gratuities or promises that could be interpreted as seeking to cause the officer to refrain from performing official responsibilities honestly and within the law. Police officers must not receive private or special advantage from their official status. Respect from the public cannot be boughtit can only be earned and cultivated.

3.4.7 Private Life
Police Officers will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to their agencies or themselves. A Police Officers character and conduct while off duty must alway be exemplary, thus maintaining a position of respect in the community in which he or she lives and serves. The officer's personal behavior must be beyond reproach.

08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Additionally, Chief timoney is also found to be in violation of the following City of Miami Civil Service Rules and Regulations:

Civil Service Rules and Regulation, Section 14.2 and Subsections:

Rule 14, Sec. 14.2 Grounds for Dismissal, Suspension and Demotion,
The following are declared to constitue a breach of duty and to be grounds for dismissal or suspension from the classified service orgrounds for demotion, though charges may be based upon causes other than those enumerated viz, that any employee who has been guilty of conduct unbecoming any employee of the City of Miami, who

(e) Has violated any lawful and reasonable official regulation or order or failed to obey any lawful or reasonable direction made and given by his/her superior, where such violation or failure to obey amounts to

(1) A serious breach of proper discipline, or

(k) is incompetent, negligent, INEFFICIENT in the performance of the duties of the position held.

Based on the above charges, I recommend that a copy of this reprimand is made part of his permanent personnel file. I further recommend that he be terminated IMMEDIATELY.

Take note Boy King and Senior Executive Utset.

08-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Where is the Miami Herald on this one?

08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
fire them all

08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I totally agree. If anyone should set the example, he along with his staff should. Practice what you preach. How embarrasing. Greed at its best.

From someone who kept his record clean for 30 years... except for a couple writeups for calling people ASS --LE during the heat of the chase or fight..

08-24-2007, 01:57 PM
[b]All I have to say if it were YOU being investigated for this WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? AND the almighty BK was deciding. I would be sitting in TGK followed by the lobby paraded for everyone to see and point at wondering if I had a job the next day, thats what.

YOUR VOTE COUNTS

08-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Driving with a dealer tag is illegal unless you are a dealer. Thats all i would have needed to be terminated and sent to jail cause one I'm a cop who works under t$ and FF. HOPEFULLY NOT FOR MUCH LONGER!!!!!!

08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
don't forget untruthfullness to the list of DO violations :devil: