PDA

View Full Version : MOD1

08-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Sir I think ur been a little to strict in the message board. I agree people shouldn't post any personal info of any cop in the message board. But in reality people just come and write things in the message board for fun and for other cops to know who are the rats and bad apples in their department. and about you notifying verizon of the person using their service you should first give that person a warning a nd if they don't stop then you take action. Thank you.

MOD 1
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Sir I think ur been a little to strict in the message board. I agree people shouldn't post any personal info of any cop in the message board. But in reality people just come and write things in the message board for fun and for other cops to know who are the rats and bad apples in their department. and about you notifying verizon of the person using their service you should first give that person a warning a nd if they don't stop then you take action. Thank you.

The poster whom I notified Verizon on, was warned. They posted the Names and addresses of an Active Officer and a Retired Officer. I posted a warning against that and banned their IP address to get them to contact me. Instead, they circumvented the banning and Posted the same exact information again. That is why I notified Verizon.

Mod 1

08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Sounds like Mod1 did the right thing. Posting a P.O.'s info on the net is not qru.

08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Ok I think thats fair. Thank you.

08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
How did that guy knew they were cops, and who are they?

MOD 1
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
How did that guy knew they were cops, and who are they?

The two cops whose addresses were listed are Chip Deblock's and Jim Preston's. They are the ones who created and run this site.

08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey guess02 this might be a stupid question but how can I block my info. thank you

MOD 1
08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey guess02 this might be a stupid question but how can I block my info. thank you

Guess43,

If you are wanting your address, phone #, etc blocked from public records, generally you just contact the public agency that holds those records and request that the block that information. Some off the top of my head are, DL, Tag Office, Tax Coll, Court Clerk, Elec Comp, Phone Comp, Cable, etc. Some might have a form for you to fill out.

Hope this answers your question.

Mod 1

08-22-2007, 03:54 PM
HI Guess43

Edited, no agencies will block your information just because you call them. Certain information must be proven, if not the whole country would want to be block off.

You need to write a letter adressing the privacy statute (FS 119.071 I think) but make sure of it first. Let them know that you are a cop and want the information secured. Along with a letter, send them a copy of the Statute, and a copy of your Police ID card. Like that they can certified that you are who you are. Send the letter via certified mail, so they take it seriously and do it fast. Tell them that you want it block within 30 days or you will persuit legal actions agaisnt them.

Edited

Edited by Mod 1

MOD 1
08-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Mod 422,

Sorry, I didn't mean to remove your post when I cleaned this thread. Here it is.

Mod 1

When I signed on as a MOD I had hoped that I would be dealing with professional Law Enforcement people. I was wrong. Thread locked.