PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Training

08-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Rifle Training:

I had a BLAST, boom , boom, boom, having been through several classes in the past, I must say that OPET has stepped it up again.

The rifle class was great, it was a lot of material in a short time, but after talking with an instructor, I was told that it had to be done that way,

They put together all the components of a 40 hour class an brought it back to 20 hours… It was hot and the days were long, but what I got out of this class was great. We are lucky to have a dedicated staff.

I feel confident with this tool and hope to see more training like this in the future.

To all the Instructors who presented the class, I would like to thank you all for taking the time to help, assist and educate all of us, for no one could have left Tallahassee without learning something.

WATCH YOUR MUZZELS.

08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I ABSOLUTELY agree whole heartedly with you. The training was relevant, current, applicable and alot of fun.

My hat is off to the instructors who put in hour after hour, day after day out in the hot sun.

Your dedication is commendable to say the least.

Thank you.

08-21-2007, 02:36 AM
The training was great, it was allot of material to cover in two days, but the staff made it easy. Did anyone notice that it all was catered to the officers and agents? While we were on separate ranges, instructors were setting up our next courses and loading our clips. It had a good and steady flow to it. I really don't remember even toughing a target during this training.

The days were hot, but the Lt. made sure that we all were comfortable. I have never HYDRATED so much in my life, but on the second day, it paid off. I think I stopped at every rest area on the way home.

Just like the posting above, I would like to thank each and every Instructor. Never did they faultier, never did I hear any complaints from any of them. If anything they made it fun, they joked with us and we all had a good time, but when it was time to sling the rifle, a switch was flipped and they were on track, making sure we all stayed safe and on the same page..

During our class, I watched as instructors gave one on one training for those that needed just a little extra help, and that kind of dedication is hard to find.

Job well DONE

08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
It was a change to see the Director and Secretary out there shooting and sweating with us.

09-03-2007, 03:23 PM
HATS OFF TO YOU AND YOUR DEPTARTMENT. GREAT INSTRUCTORS DURING YOUR NEW RIFLE COURSE. HATS OFF TO THE BERT MAN AND HIS DEDICATION. PS. ANOTHER AGENCY THAT'S JEALOUS YOU HAVE THE M-16 AND WE DON'T..GOOD LUCK TO YOU. WHEN THE S$%^&*()@# HITS THE FAN WE WILL BE BEHIND COVER AND DIRECTING TRAFFIC. :roll: