PDA

View Full Version : Arrests

08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
There is a lot to be said about the large number of BS arrests that we are forced to make just to keep the commanders of our buts. I just wonder if anyone has done the research to show if these so called minor crime initiatives are having any effect at all. It seems to me we arrest 1000 people a month for BS and yet it does nor seem to bother or intimidate the real bad as cop killers, murderers, robbers and rapist etc. Murders are out of control as are all the other major crimes, yet, there is no initiative on the way to tacke these problems, we are still expected to arrest the guy on the milk crate and the bum sleeping under the expressway. How does this curb crime. Ladies and gentlemen, I think that some kind of an old study has taken over basic police precedures common sense. Yup, we need to fix the broken window but we also need to check out not just the idiot that broke it but his neighbors, friends and acqaintances who are doing a hek of a lot more than that.

I'll bet any kind of serious research would prove that all of these thousands of arrests are not curbing the serious crimes that are plaguing our city.

08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
There is a lot to be said about the large number of BS arrests that we are forced to make just to keep the commanders of our buts. I just wonder if anyone has done the research to show if these so called minor crime initiatives are having any effect at all. It seems to me we arrest 1000 people a month for BS and yet it does nor seem to bother or intimidate the real bad as cop killers, murderers, robbers and rapist etc. Murders are out of control as are all the other major crimes, yet, there is no initiative on the way to tacke these problems, we are still expected to arrest the guy on the milk crate and the bum sleeping under the expressway. How does this curb crime. Ladies and gentlemen, I think that some kind of an old study has taken over basic police precedures common sense. Yup, we need to fix the broken window but we also need to check out not just the idiot that broke it but his neighbors, friends and acqaintances who are doing a hek of a lot more than that.

I'll bet any kind of serious research would prove that all of these thousands of arrests are not curbing the serious crimes that are plaguing our city.

Who needs serious research. Just look at the mid-year UCR numbers and you will see that homicides and robberies are up for the first time in years.[/quote]

08-19-2007, 08:27 PM
people figure if i am going to jail for drinking beer hell i might as well go to jail for a 26 or 29 :idea:

08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
The commanders get a yearly bonus based on the crime stats in their net area which of course is offset by all of the arrests that are made. Does not matter if its a Misdemeanor or a Felony. Why do you think there is an Operation Diff. or Tornado or Lightning Bolt or any of the other stupid ass ops we run every month? LOOK INTO IT. ITS TRUE.

08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
The commanders get a yearly bonus based on the crime stats in their net area which of course is offset by all of the arrests that are made. Does not matter if its a Misdemeanor or a Felony. Why do you think there is an Operation Diff. or Tornado or Lightning Bolt or any of the other stupid arse ops we run every month? LOOK INTO IT. ITS TRUE.

Interesting! Wonder, what is the rate of conviction for all these arrests, felonies and misdemeanors alike? Or, is the State Attorney's Office (SAO)No Actioning most of them and those the SAO tries to prosecute, County and Circuit Court judges are dismissing them with utter disdain!

08-19-2007, 11:57 PM
The commanders get a yearly bonus based on the crime stats in their net area which of course is offset by all of the arrests that are made. Does not matter if its a Misdemeanor or a Felony. Why do you think there is an Operation Diff. or Tornado or Lightning Bolt or any of the other stupid arse ops we run every month? LOOK INTO IT. ITS TRUE.

Interesting! Wonder, what is the rate of conviction for all these arrests, felonies and misdemeanors alike? Or, is the State Attorney's Office (SAO)No Actioning most of them and those the SAO tries to prosecute, County and Circuit Court judges are dismissing them with utter disdain!

well after talking to an asa that handles minor crimes, he said that the dismiss rate is 60-70%

08-20-2007, 12:32 AM

well after talking to an asa that handles minor crimes, he said that the dismiss rate is 60-70%

Wow! That's a substantial dismissal rate! Curious, is that SAO and Courts' combined, or just the SAO? If the latter, then you and your fellow officers are shoveling $#!T against the tide! Sad!

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Thank people like Alfonso.

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 12:30 AM
The cases don't go to trial but they try very hard to send them to pre trial programs with slaps on the rist no jail and the department can state "conviction rate". Otherwise there would probably be a 95% no pross on the BS!!!! Nothing changes just a revolving door of fake numbers

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 03:55 AM
The court system es tremenda mafia!!! I wonder what they do with all the millions they make a day there....