PDA

View Full Version : THE BIG PICTURE

08-19-2007, 04:26 PM
One BSO Deputy seriously injured, One BSO Sergeant Shot and killed, and one Hillsborough County Sergeant sensely shot and killed. Guys and Girls PLEASE BE CAREFUL out there. The moaning and the groaning gets us no where, it only divides us. Swing by each others calls if you are 09. Don't just sit back and relax and wait for your call. Do you think you would be able to live with yourself if one of your co-workers gets injured? The what-if's will haunt you. What if I were there? would the assailant be more intimidated and not take that shot? Safety in numbers the rest is chickensit. Protect yourselves and each other we are all we have out there.

08-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Well said. We have to get back to thinking of each other as a big family. Lets put the divisions of the past behind us and make a better future for this department. We have a new administration and now is the perfect time to change the old me-first philosophy. I see good things happening every day. Let's continue this trend and make work enjoyable again.

08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
it is amazing how getting rid of delucca can cleanse the mind and soul. he broke us apart, lets get back together and be a family.

08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Very well said, the sad part is how many officers got fed up during his administration and opted for retirement sooner then they had planed or wanted to.

Now were are short staffed again, not to mention the experienced veterians who left fed up. There is no replacing knowledge and experience. The Delucca era will hurt us for years to come, not to mention a lifetime for those who left.

08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Good post - but i don't capitalize his name. He doesn't deserve it!