PDA

View Full Version : Status Check

08-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Question,

I am a Deputy from a local bay area S.O. with over 10+ years experience and was looking to relocate to Hernando area, mostly due to the housing market. I can't afford to buy a home, much less live in the county I patrol.

I was interested if I could get info on your agency. Do they offer higher starting pay for experience, abbreviated FTO etc. Over all, is it a good agency. Just curious and I appreciate the help.

08-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Hernando is not any cheaper.. Starting is around 37 maybe a step or 2 for experience. seems like we are higher only replacement positions right now. still not enough to afford a decent home unless u got a huge down payment. Paper had county offical salaries which are higher than some bay area officals, so they gotta get paid which means its not any cheaper.

08-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey Starcar-

Dont waste ur time applying to Hernando. the pay is ok, but it is not worth the political grief. I know every agency has politics but Hernando is worse than most. Save yourself the stress and ulcers and look somewhere else.

Anyway- Good Luck with ur job search.

08-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks!

09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Starcar-

Dont waste ur time applying to Hernando. the pay is ok, but it is not worth the political grief. I know every agency has politics but Hernando is worse than most. Save yourself the stress and ulcers and look somewhere else.

Anyway- Good Luck with ur job search.

Seems 2 b like that with alot of agencies North of the Tampa/Orlando area...Citrus is the same way with Good 'Ol Boy mentality still dominant and no signs of collective bargaining in the future.......Marion is micromanaging, Levy is a joke and no clue what Sumnter is all about???

09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Question,

I am a Deputy from a local bay area S.O. with over 10+ years experience and was looking to relocate to Hernando area, mostly due to the housing market. I can't afford to buy a home, much less live in the county I patrol.

I was interested if I could get info on your agency. Do they offer higher starting pay for experience, abbreviated FTO etc. Over all, is it a good agency. Just curious and I appreciate the help.

Hey brother let me know if decide 2 relocate I have a place for sale in Inverness. Not far from where you are considering to relocate. Its on realtor.com and free for sale buy owner.com, a 3/2/3 in the 34453 area code located on Allegrie Drive.

12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Let me know if your looking for home in deed restricted nice neighborhood with huge subdivision pool. A steal $169,000. I am relocating to Miami for better pay.

12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Stay away from here.You will get ulcers and will be traeted like crap even with the fake collective bargaining.