PDA

View Full Version : PBA Candidates

08-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Which ones are good choices that have been nominated? I don't know many of them. Please advise.

08-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Which ones are good choices that have been nominated? I don't know many of them. Please advise.

All the good choices are already working for IUPA.

08-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Where is IUPA for the two families? Everyone is so worried about what the PBA is doing, where is IUPA besides screwing up the election that should have taken place a month ago?

08-18-2007, 04:23 AM
So lets get this straight

IUPA= screwing up a PERC election
PBA = screwing up everything else

Why even have a union. We should all just hire agents to negotiate each persons contract individually. Like athletes.

08-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Where is IUPA for the two families? Everyone is so worried about what the PBA is doing, where is IUPA besides screwing up the election that should have taken place a month ago?

IUPA is not even our union so how can you say where are they? If they were by the families side, the PBA is crying political favors. As for the election that should have happened a month ago, you are wrong. Only PERC says when a election is no matter what the PBA or IUPA wants. Why not include the FOP in saying where are they? Why not the teamsters? ........ Please

08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
OK OK BUT FOR NOW WHO ARE THE BETTER CANDIDATES TO VOTE FOR>? BUT THANKS FOR GOING OFF THE PATH AND NOT ANSWERING THE FIRST QUESTION!

08-18-2007, 04:13 PM
OK OK BUT FOR NOW WHO ARE THE BETTER CANDIDATES TO VOTE FOR>? BUT THANKS FOR GOING OFF THE PATH AND NOT ANSWERING THE FIRST QUESTION!

Suggested candidates to vote for:

Bob Lahiff
Jon Bailen
Russ DiPerna
Mark Trudel
Tom McPartland
Roger Caron
Vince Marlin
Chris Caldwell

08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm going to vote for all of the candidates with the least ammount of time with the agency.

1. Hopefully they haven't been here long enough to have sold their souls or owe some favors or have too many friends higher on the food chain that they are in bed with.

2. They maybe dumb and inexperienced enough to think that they can actually fight the cause and make a difference.

08-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm going to vote for all of the candidates with the least ammount of time with the agency.

1. Hopefully they haven't been here long enough to have sold their souls or owe some favors or have too many friends higher on the food chain that they are in bed with.

2. They maybe dumb and inexperienced enough to think that they can actually fight the cause and make a difference.

Guys like you rot this place. There are too many people like you to try and change this place. All you have to do is look at the names and history of them. It's a good possibility any of these guys can drink the juice. But for just one minute look closely at the names and the histories of each and you'll know the truth.

08-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Guys like you rot this place. There are too many people like you to try and change this place. All you have to do is look at the names and history of them. It's a good possibility any of these guys can drink the juice. But for just one minute look closely at the names and the histories of each and you'll know the truth.

You mean guys like us rot this place, ( as your entire negative attitude in your paragraph demonstrates) and you mean too many people like us to try and change this place (as this sentence already displays your defeatist attitude.) and as for history I want guys without histories, thats my whole point. I do agree that anyone can drink the juice but my opinion is that too many oldtimers already have an accuired taste of the juice.

08-18-2007, 07:55 PM

You mean guys like us rot this place, ( as your entire negative attitude in your paragraph demonstrates) and you mean too many people like us to try and change this place (as this sentence already displays your defeatist attitude.) and as for history I want guys without histories, thats my whole point. I do agree that anyone can drink the juice but my opinion is that too many oldtimers already have an accuired taste of the juice.

Did you mean "acquired?". Guys without histories are just that. Unproven, inexperienced, not documented. I say the named guys are proven fighters, been the distance, and will do a better job than with the guys we have. Do you agree that the guys we have now have not served the membership?

Anyway, just vote and shut up.

08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
well the only person that I could vouch for, to be a stand up guy and fight the power, is me, but alas I'm not on the list of candidates. So I will have to keep fighting the good fight in my own way.

08-18-2007, 11:44 PM
JUST VOTE! HUNNY COME HOME WILL YOU?

08-19-2007, 01:05 AM

Suggested candidates to vote for:

Bob Lahiff
Jon Bailen
Russ DiPerna
Mark Trudel
Tom McPartland
Roger Caron
Vince Marlin
Chris Caldwell

Take a look at the Broward County Pba website, and find the current Pba reps and alternate reps., if you want change do not vote for any of these people, they have done nothing for us, and we will be doomed to repeat history.
Take time to read the Bio's of the candidates, all the ones who have had cushy jobs since they were hired or promoted after a short time and used their bio as a platform to brag about all of the great units that they have worked in, is that really what we are looking for?
I am looking for a Pba rep that has the membership as a whole in mind, and someone that will address issues important to everyone, and not just the ones that benefit them. I could care less if they worked in SID for 20 years. You can tell just how egotistical some of these people are just from reading their 3 line bio's. If you know any candidates that are on the list that will stand up for what is right, and will keep the membership as a whole in mind when making decisions please post their names as I have done below.

Jonathan Bleiweiss
Ron Barerez
Roger Caron
Michael Catalano
Robert Lahiff
Matt Patten
Jim Pedergast
Lance Morgan

I am not in any way saying that others on the list would not make good reps. all I am saying is that I know the people listed above would.

08-19-2007, 01:38 AM
JUST VOTE! HUNNY COME HOME WILL YOU?

This is very funny. You may be my sidekick if you wish M.A.H. but I must do the driving.

08-19-2007, 02:40 AM
HERE'S MY LIST:

MIKE CATALANO
ROBERT LAHIFF
LANCE MORGAN
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ENGELS.

THAT'S MY LIST AND I'M STICKING TO IT. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ONE OR TWO ON THE LIST, MY OWN PERSONAL #1 OPINION ARE SIG. 20'S.

08-19-2007, 12:15 PM
HERE'S MY LIST:

MIKE CATALANO
ROBERT LAHIFF
LANCE MORGAN

ONE OR TWO ON THE LIST, MY OWN PERSONAL #1 OPINION ARE SIG. 20'S. You need 8 Einstein!

08-20-2007, 02:36 AM
[quote="DON'T REPLY":wc478vee]HERE'S MY LIST:

MIKE CATALANO
ROBERT LAHIFF
LANCE MORGAN

ONE OR TWO ON THE LIST, MY OWN PERSONAL #1 OPINION ARE SIG. 20'S. You need 8 Einstein![/quote:wc478vee]

You know, if we didn't have richard brains like you, we wouldn't need the pba. "Cast your vote for NO MORE than 8", NOT "Cast your vote for a minimum of 8", which let means that, you can vote for one guy on the list if that's all you like.

08-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Lance Morgan is not running. Just ask him if you dont believe me

02-29-2008, 03:49 AM
bumparelli