PDA

View Full Version : From a cop's son

08-17-2007, 12:33 AM
on HCSO in ref. to sgt.'s killing.

I found this buried in the comments on TBO.com and thought it was worth sharing!

Quote:
First off let me say My heart &amp Prayers go out to Sgt. Harrison and his family.

Both my father and mother are involved in Law Enforcement. My mom is one of Tampa's Finest and my dad works for HCSO.

My whole life, I watched them with great pride putting on their uniforms and hitting the streets. Teasing each other on which was the best agency to work for. I never once stopped to think about the What if, they did not come home?

As I reflect on this tragedy, it makes think! Maybe tonight when they walk in the door, I should hug them a little tighter and thank them for the wonderful life they have given to their children.

Do not wait for something bad to happen, to show your appreciation for what our Law Enforcement Officers do everyday.

It goes way beyond that 1/2 price meals or free donuts. Walk up to that officer or Deputy shake their hand and Thank Them.

Who knows, it might just be my Mom or Dad!!!

Thanks to all of you in my extended LEO family for sending my Mom and Dad home every night. It has taken me this long to understand what my parents meant by The Thin Blue Line!

One Proud Son!!

01MIA
08-17-2007, 01:32 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/officerbear/police.jpg

08-17-2007, 03:24 AM
on HCSO in ref. to sgt.'s killing.

I found this buried in the comments on TBO.com and thought it was worth sharing!

Quote:
First off let me say My heart &amp Prayers go out to Sgt. Harrison and his family.

Both my father and mother are involved in Law Enforcement. My mom is one of Tampa's Finest and my dad works for HCSO.

My whole life, I watched them with great pride putting on their uniforms and hitting the streets. Teasing each other on which was the best agency to work for. I never once stopped to think about the What if, they did not come home?

As I reflect on this tragedy, it makes think! Maybe tonight when they walk in the door, I should hug them a little tighter and thank them for the wonderful life they have given to their children.

Do not wait for something bad to happen, to show your appreciation for what our Law Enforcement Officers do everyday.

It goes way beyond that 1/2 price meals or free donuts. Walk up to that officer or Deputy shake their hand and Thank Them.

Thanks to all of you in my extended LEO family for sending my Mom and Dad home every night. It has taken me this long to understand what my parents meant by The Thin Blue Line!

One Proud Son!!God Bless You and Your Family And May YOur Father Have Eternal Peace

02-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote: First off let me say My heart & Prayers go out to Sgt. Harrison and his family.

One Proud Son!!