PDA

View Full Version : Battling Demons County vs City

08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Man let me tell you I am seriously giving thought into leaving to County...I swear I love you guys but future with brass looks bleak...4 years invested what do you guys think?

Oh yeah and why doesnt MDPD have a page like us?

Demon

08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Man let me tell you I am seriously giving thought into leaving to County...I swear I love you guys but future with brass looks bleak...4 years invested what do you guys think?

Oh yeah and why doesn't MDPD have a page like us?

Demon

I know, but a sliver of hope might be in the making. What if the Miami-Dade Police Department, by the will of the voters returns to the elected sheriff? Get inform, the Miami-Dade Charter is under review and the elected sheriff is among the top issues under review and consideration. Ask yourself, am I better off under the appointed director or might the elected sheriff be more receptive to our professional needs? Why is it, that 66 other counties in Florida elect their sheriffs and it works for them and not Miami-Dade? BTW, since January 24, 2007, the strong mayor is the de facto sheriff. He and he alone selects, appoints and dismisses the MDPD police director.

You have dedicated 4 years of your life to our vocation, but you aren't vested under the Florida Retirement System (FRS) yet! Those 4 years are wasted if you go to a police agency that is not in FRS. If you are think of dumping the brown Gown, and want to stay in Dade, the City of Miami is your best bet. One percent fund [1% of all earnings made by auto insurance companies operating in Florida go to this fund, and after 10, 20 years it amounts to a good chunk of money. Counties aren't eligible!], age and years of service adding to 64 points is the threshold to retirement, under FRS 25 years in continuous service or 55. Both have DROP, FRS's 5 years!

As to why MDPD in not on this forum, check with LeoAffairs as to getting MDPD on it why not?

08-16-2007, 09:32 PM
You have 4 years already, so your just getting started. The command staff comes and goes with the wind. New Mayor next election will bring change if the FOP plays their cards right. But regardless, the county have great folks working there, but the retirement system sucks compared to the city's trust and 1% funds. And the county is spread thin. Ask all the new cities why they have incorporated. I'll save you time, police service. Pinecrest incorporated just for that. The current crop of clowns on the 4th floor will change many times before you retire. And if you get disabled in the line of duty, State pays 50% and the city 66.6 % as a pension. In your career you just may find these fools are great to something in your future. Did I mention that folks retiring are getting a check for around 200+ thousand dollars from the 1% ? And elected sheriffs might get you a mail man as the boss. happens all the time.

08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
You have 4 years already, so your just getting started. The command staff comes and goes with the wind. New Mayor next election will bring change if the FOP plays their cards right. But regardless, the county have great folks working there, but the retirement system sucks compared to the city's trust and 1% funds. And the county is spread thin. Ask all the new cities why they have incorporated. I'll save you time, police service. Pinecrest incorporated just for that. The current crop of clowns on the 4th floor will change many times before you retire. And if you get disabled in the line of duty, State pays 50% and the city 66.6 % as a pension. In your career you just may find these fools are great to something in your future. Did I mention that folks retiring are getting a check for around 200+ thousand dollars from the 1% ? And elected sheriffs might get you a mail man as the boss. happens all the time.

Well, compared to Don the thief Warshaw and the string of idiots you've had as chiefs since Ken Harms, including the current cycling sot, a mailman might not be bad! But let's be realistic, shall we? Voters can discern whether sheriff's candidates are former mailmen or those with a legal background and/or extensive police experience!

08-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Well, compared to Don the thief Warshaw and the string of idiots you've had as chiefs since Ken Harms, including the current cycling sot, a mailman might not be bad! But let's be realistic, shall we? Voters can discern whether sheriff's candidates are former mailmen or those with a legal background and/or extensive police experience!

WELL SPORT, IF YOUR GOING TO DIG UP TRASH, REMEMBER DEPUTY CHIEF BOBBY GONZALEZ OF THE OLD MDPD AND HIS HOME INVASION GANG ? OR THE HOMICIDE GUYS WHO WERE RIPPING OFF THE DRUG GUYS AND SELLING THE STUFF BACK TO DEALERS? AND THE MIDGET IN BROWARD SURE DID A LOT OF POLICE WORK BEFORE HE WAS APPOINTED SHERIFF. ELECTIONS ARE BEAUTY CONTEST, NOT WHO IS BEST QUALIFIED. JUST LOOK AT TALLAHASSEE AND D. C. BUT YOU DIDN'T DENIE THE PENSION INFO DID YOU.

08-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Well at the same time if you weigh the options with the mayors I don't think Dade PD did bad with electing Carlos Alvarez I may be speaking out of my Arse but I do have alot of friends at MDPD and they mostly say the he's a cops Mayor. Unlike our Mayor Manny who is just a businessman looking to get richer off the downtown high rises.

01MIA
08-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Well at the same time if you weigh the options with the mayors I don't think Dade PD did bad with electing Carlos Alvarez I may be speaking out of my Arse but I do have alot of friends at MDPD and they mostly say the he's a cops Mayor. Unlike our Mayor Manny who is just a businessman looking to get richer off the downtown high rises. :shock: Things that make you go hmmmmmm!!!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x154/ccpizza123/POLICE.gif

08-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Well at the same time if you weigh the options with the mayors I don't think Dade PD did bad with electing Carlos Alvarez I may be speaking out of my Arse but I do have alot of friends at MDPD and they mostly say the he's a cops Mayor. Unlike our Mayor Manny who is just a businessman looking to get richer off the downtown high rises.

Yes Carlos is the Mayor, and under his watch the county housing dept. believe it or not, is worst than the city's. Yes he did get that mess with the job. But what did he do to clean it up before the hearld's story broke? How many millions out there with nothing built? When you want and get the job of top dog, you get top responsibility. And so far, nothing has changed in the county. Still the worst services for taxes in the county. Trash collection doesn't exist there. The squad's wait around for ambulances ( non life threatning) rather than transport quickly to nearest hospital to get 09 as quickly as possible. impact fees for fire station collected in the 90's got a fire station on 8st &amp 127 ave in 2005. And metro fire is NOT a class 1 fire dept. Not the firefighters fault. Not enough equipment, manpower OR FIRE HYDRANTS. hence, all living in the county, pay a lot more for fire insurance. why have un incorprated areas formed their own cities? Because they want a cop to answer their 25 alarm. Not the county cops fault, again manpower and the large geographic area to cover. But don't worry, everything is going to be alright, when we get to the new station. Remember Carlos is in charge.

08-17-2007, 06:01 AM
We need better people in office, so many of our problems would go away if this was the case!

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 09:21 PM

Oh yeah and why doesnt MDPD have a page like us?

Demon

Go best decision you will ever make.