PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy

08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
In light of the recent issues this agency has been dealing with for sometime. Something like this tragedy puts into perspective what is truly important to us all....family and friends.

I often forget how fragile life really is, and although we all have different personalities in this agency we have always been there for each other professionally or personally when needed.

Today is a sad day for law enforcement in the Tampa Bay area.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sgt. Harrison, his family, and the men and woman of HCSO.

08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Well said......very true

08-21-2007, 02:11 AM
Sgt. King said it very well. This is a tragedy and we should all hug our family a little tighter. The one thing that matters more than anything else is that we come home at the end of our shift. Sgt. Harrison and his family are in our prayers.

08-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I was a LEO at one time. Today I was driving north on I-75 around 1500 hrs. and saw the different agency vehicles scattering to close the exits. I am not wierd or strange but being truthful. I struggled not to cry over this tragedy. My eyes welled up and I had flashbacks of why I became an officer. God, help us all to appreciate every bad day, every good day, every day we gripe and whine. Wake up every day and thank God that your eyes opened. Call your mom and dad, sister, brother. That thunk at the bottom of my heart was the inner cry of frustration over how hard we all, law enforcement or not, work to improve this world. How many times at night I drove in my marked unit never really thinking that anyone had the ----- to pull up next to me and empty a magazine. What the hell is this world coming to. If I would have witnessed it, that crap pile would have died in my bare hands. I may not wear the badge any longer but believe me when I tell you, "The spirit of police work never leaves your deep insides." I am venting; because I hurt for Harrison and all who knew him and what he stood for. He was the officer I never could be. If any of you are on a 10-50 and in need, the guy coming to save your ass may be me. Uniform or not, a helping hand is a helping hand. God bless.