PDA

View Full Version : Why Are More Deputies Shot As Compared to Other Departments?

08-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Since 1998 BSO has had far too many Deputies shot in the line of duty.
Al Hibbert, Phillip Billings, Todd Fatta, Angelo Cedeno, Brian Tephfort, Cory Carbocci, Maury Hernandez and now Chris Reyka were all shot since then. No other Police or Sheriff's Office has had as many in this same time peiord. I believe the Training Division, and a panel deputies, and administrators needs to look at these incidents and try to come to some conclusion on why this is happening more to US than any other departemnt in the state. 8 Deputies Shot in 9 years is far too many. What do the rest of you all think? I am not trying to place blame on anyone but we need to learn from our mistakes. Maybe it is something with training or someother factor. Please let's have an intelligent discussion on this very important topic. Let's all be on our toes and not let this happen to us again.

08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
One deputy shot in nine years is too many.

08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Any department, whether police or sheriff that has an officer/deputy shot in the line of duty is too much. This is not just a sad situation for you guys (BSO) but it truly touches all of us who wear a gun, vest and badge. Without getting too analytical, I am going to make a few suggestions why I believe BSO has sustained so many fatal officer shootings. Let’s start with your guys uniforms? White? I know almost all of you guys prefer to go to green like PBSO. Something should be done about the white uniform. Let the brass keep the white; let the road patrol go to green.
Your vests? I don’t know if you guys realize this but the Zero G vest you guys wear are not rated very well. One might want to take a little trip to Protective Products over there in Sunrise and do a little research of your own.
Manpower and training? Lets face it, when it all boils down; it is always a manpower issue or a training issue. I’m not a Deputy, so I won’t make any conclusions, but I am a firm believer that resources cost money. Manpower costs money. Training costs money. When you add these factors in an violent incident situation there will always be fatal consequences.
Last but not least, Law of Probability? Let’s take a look of how many Districts BSO runs and operates. And we all are aware of that these Districts are not all like Parkland. So one would assume that there are more or just as many Deputies patrolling the streets as there neighboring officers. Now we concluded that these districts have just as many or more violent crimes as the surrounding police departments.
So there are more deputies on the road, handling more violent neighborhoods/calls, wearing cheaper vest, with limited manpower and training, wearing a white uniform.

I could be wrong, but this is not a fluke, this is a recipe for disaster.

Please be safe out there guys, and remember sometimes the good guys don’t always win.

08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
fatta and hernandez were undercover. the others all wore those white targets. also fatta and his men went in w/o srt when they knew the perp had high powered weapons and he'd threatened to use them. i look at the lack of PROPER training, supervision, and more courage than brains.

08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
we need to take back the streets...our policies have made us weak, kinda like up in St. Pete. Theres no respect or fear factor...the criminals think we are here to be abused and/or killed. There needs to be a new signal sent...we need to meet the violence towards us with a heightened response. I'm not talkin crazy here but we all want to survive and violence is the only thing some, ahhh most of these animals understand....

08-14-2007, 06:21 PM
First let me start out by expressing my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Sgt. Reyka. I did not know the Sgt. personally but I do beleive that Sgt. Reyka exemplifies the true spirit of BSO. He was out there giving 110% (as a Sergeant no less) setting the example for his team by being proactive in a high crime area. He was doing his job trying to keep the law abiding citizens and business owners of the county safe. He did not deserve the result that occured from his valiant efforts. He should never be forgotten and we should be tireless in our efforts to bring the evil culprit(s) that perpatrated this incident to justice. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Sgt. Reyka in this time of deep sorrow.

People will inevitably Monday morning quarterback about why BSO Deputies are getting shot at a higher rate then other LEOs in the state, however, I would venture a guess that it is not any one thing in particular that we are doing wrong. Lets face it Broward is quickly becoming the highest crime area in the state beating out Dade and BSO is the agency that patrols the vast majority of the county to include much of the high crime areas. Our efforts would be better served not laying blame or pointing out our negative opinions about our agencies deficiencies ( no agency is perfect ) but by figuring out constructively how to limit events like the ones which have occured over the past week from happening in the future. Loathe as I am to say it, because it would give the agency a reason to do away with take home cars, but maybe we should consider riding two in a car, at least in the high crime areas which we patrol.

08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
What are you are rep for protective products? The body armor worn by BSO is the highest threat level and quality you can get in soft body armor, I was there for the testing of each vest. I am sure you have done your own scientific testing on several types of vest in your lab. Before you post information make sure you are properly informed.

You say in your blog that you are not a deputy so you won't make any conclusions, but you do. Please zip it until you are educated enough to make a valid post. Thanks

Any department, whether police or sheriff that has an officer/deputy shot in the line of duty is too much. This is not just a sad situation for you guys (BSO) but it truly touches all of us who wear a gun, vest and badge. Without getting too analytical, I am going to make a few suggestions why I believe BSO has sustained so many fatal officer shootings. Let’s start with your guys uniforms? White? I know almost all of you guys prefer to go to green like PBSO. Something should be done about the white uniform. Let the brass keep the white; let the road patrol go to green.
Your vests? I don’t know if you guys realize this but the Zero G vest you guys wear are not rated very well. One might want to take a little trip to Protective Products over there in Sunrise and do a little research of your own.
Manpower and training? Lets face it, when it all boils down; it is always a manpower issue or a training issue. I’m not a Deputy, so I won’t make any conclusions, but I am a firm believer that resources cost money. Manpower costs money. Training costs money. When you add these factors in an violent incident situation there will always be fatal consequences.
Last but not least, Law of Probability? Let’s take a look of how many Districts BSO runs and operates. And we all are aware of that these Districts are not all like Parkland. So one would assume that there are more or just as many Deputies patrolling the streets as there neighboring officers. Now we concluded that these districts have just as many or more violent crimes as the surrounding police departments.
So there are more deputies on the road, handling more violent neighborhoods/calls, wearing cheaper vest, with limited manpower and training, wearing a white uniform.

I could be wrong, but this is not a fluke, this is a recipe for disaster.

Please be safe out there guys, and remember sometimes the good guys don’t always win.

08-14-2007, 07:58 PM
INFORMED,

FIRST OFF, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS GET INTO A PISSING CONTEST WITH YOU. I AM A LEO FOR A NEIGHBORING CITY AND WAS WORKING THE NIGHT WHEN CHRIS LOST HIS LIFE TO THOSE SCUMBAGS. I WAS AT THE SCENE WITHIN MINUTES HELPING OUT. I KNOW AND REALIZE THAT EMOTIONS ARE RUNNING HIGH. ALSO, AS YOU MAY KNOW, THAT A MAJORITY OF THE DEPUTIES THAT LOST THERE LIVES WERE SHOT IN THE HEAD/FACE OR BY A HIGH POWERED RIFLE AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER WHAT VEST THAT THEY WERE WEARING. WHEN I WAS REFEREING TO THE ZERO G VEST, IT WAS MY OPINION. I KNOW AND HAVE SEEN DEPUTIES PURCHASE OTHER VESTS.
REGARDLESS, IF WE WORK WITH BSO OR NOT, CHRIS'S LIFE HAS EFFECTED ALL OF US IN THE LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMUNITY. THAT POST WAS MY OPINION. RIGHT OR WRONG IS WAS JUST A POST.
FINALLY, I DON'T APPRECIATE YOU TELLING ME TO ZIP IT, BECAUSE I SWEAT, CRY AND BLEED THE SAME AS YOU, BUT JUST IN A DIFFERENNT UNIFORM.

08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
1. Law of Probability: BSO has more cops on the street, and on some of the worst streets anywhere.

2. More dirtbags every day. The quality of people living in Broward County is badly, and sadly, deteriorating.

Let's focus blame on the cowardly killers, not on the quality of our vests or the white polyester in our shirts.

What's sad is that Chris and Maury were shot because they were doing their jobs, and then some. If Maury had ignored that biker or Chris had been hiding out somewhere they would both be fine today.

08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I dont know why some are acting like its taboo to discuss what can be done different to insure a LEO's safety in the course of his/her duty.

Ive always been an advocate of doubling up officers in cars in the worst neighborhoods.

Other than that, I dont think much else could be done when confronting the endless possibilities of the unknown.

Lets face it, we are the only ones bound by laws and rules. We are the only ones forced to abide by it.. even when those rules put us directly in harms way.

08-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I like Bruce Lee's philosophy -
If you touch my skin, I bruise yours.
If you bruise my skin, I break your bone.
If you break my bone, I take your life.

08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
The problem with posting unsubstantiated facts about our ballistic vests is that you undermine the deputies confidence in their vest. There is nothing wrong with our vest and we have never had any issues with our vests, so don't bring it up unless you have some documented facts. Focus your attention on the friends and families of our shooting victims if you want to help. Thanks

INFORMED,

FIRST OFF, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS GET INTO A PISSING CONTEST WITH YOU. I AM A LEO FOR A NEIGHBORING CITY AND WAS WORKING THE NIGHT WHEN CHRIS LOST HIS LIFE TO THOSE SCUMBAGS. I WAS AT THE SCENE WITHIN MINUTES HELPING OUT. I KNOW AND REALIZE THAT EMOTIONS ARE RUNNING HIGH. ALSO, AS YOU MAY KNOW, THAT A MAJORITY OF THE DEPUTIES THAT LOST THERE LIVES WERE SHOT IN THE HEAD/FACE OR BY A HIGH POWERED RIFLE AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER WHAT VEST THAT THEY WERE WEARING. WHEN I WAS REFEREING TO THE ZERO G VEST, IT WAS MY OPINION. I KNOW AND HAVE SEEN DEPUTIES PURCHASE OTHER VESTS.
REGARDLESS, IF WE WORK WITH BSO OR NOT, CHRIS'S LIFE HAS EFFECTED ALL OF US IN THE LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMUNITY. THAT POST WAS MY OPINION. RIGHT OR WRONG IS WAS JUST A POST.
FINALLY, I DON'T APPRECIATE YOU TELLING ME TO ZIP IT, BECAUSE I SWEAT, CRY AND BLEED THE SAME AS YOU, BUT JUST IN A DIFFERENNT UNIFORM.

08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Focus your attention on the friends and families of our shooting victims if you want to help. Thanks

This thread was created to discuss officer safety. There are other threads created for mourning.

If you want to help, go to another thread.

08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Last time I checked you were not the rule maker, so please don't tell us what we can talk about on tis post. Have a nice day napoleon.

Focus your attention on the friends and families of our shooting victims if you want to help. Thanks

This thread was created to discuss officer safety. There are other threads created for mourning.

08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Whine a little more for me. Seriously, if you dont like it, dont click the thread. Its not that hard. No one is making you click this thread.

If you dont like it, too bad.

Im not the rule maker. Im just the voice of just a little common sense. Try it some time.

Last time I checked you were not the rule maker, so please don't tell us what we can talk about on tis post. Have a nice day napoleon.

08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I want to thank most of you for staying on topic. I believe the white shirts are a factor to consider. I feel our vests are up to the task for the level they are rated.

I want to ask how many deputies have been to the tactical pistol class?

How many have taken Street Survival or read their books?

How many have taken Building Clearing Tactics?

How many are keeping themselves in proper condition physically?

I agree we are one of the biggest departments in Florida and we do patrol some bad areas, but Miami-Dade PD is in the same boat and they have not had someone shot since 1993 I believe.

I do not want to assign blame I want good though provoking dialogue on the topic. Maybe we can present these ideas to the Training Bureau or Administration. I believe Chris' life and his untimely death will not be in vein. I think this has helped us with the good citizens of Broward County. As you can see the taxpaying people of this county have taken notice due to this terrible situation and they have taken our side. I believe they will support us taking back the streets. They have been victimized too long by the scum that has invaded our wonderful county now they are beginning to demand we take back the streets.

Remember, we are all brothers and sisters and we must watch eachothers backs. Always wear your vest, do not cancel your back-up for any reason and make sure you call out on all traffic stops or 13 V, P or I's. Finally, act do not react if you react you are too late!!!

Chris RIP and all LEO's Be Safe Out There!!!

08-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I want to thank most of you for staying on topic. I believe the white shirts are a factor to consider. I feel our vests are up to the task for the level they are rated.

I agree we are one of the biggest departments in Florida and we do patrol some bad areas, but Miami-Dade PD is in the same boat and they have not had someone shot since 1993 I believe.

I do not want to assign blame I want good though provoking dialogue on the topic. Maybe we can present these ideas to the Training Bureau or Administration. I believe Chris' life and his untimely death will not be in vein. I think this has helped us with the good citizens of Broward County. As you can see the taxpaying people of this county have taken notice due to this terrible situation and they have taken our side. I believe they will support us taking back the streets. They have been victimized too long by the scum that has invaded our wonderful county now they are beginning to demand we take back the streets.

Remember, we are all brothers and sisters and we must watch eachothers backs. Always wear your vest, do not cancel your back-up for any reason and make sure you call out on all traffic stops or 13 V, P or I's. Finally, act do not react if you react you are too late!!!

AMEN TO THAT... I BELIEVE IS THE WAY FTO's are training rookies. They're more concern about completing the dailys than to teach on how to do a vehicle stop/searches, etc.

08-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Well said! You've made some valid points. I too have noticed a lot of support this week from the good people out there. Stay safe.

08-15-2007, 03:59 AM
I've taken Building Tactics, and Tactical pistol...both sucked! My building tactics class was filled with corrections deputies. Okay fine they want the class but it does me no good to practice clearing with people who never go to Signal 49s.

Tactical Pistol was a joke. Why can't we get outside trainers like from any of the named shooting schools come in and really give us a class. Instead we get trained by an out of date non-certified civilian employee (yes he's been around but the stuff they are teaching doesn't compare to what's out there).

In Service needs to be longer with more time on tactics and less on LEGAL BS.

The best training I've received was training out of the agency on my own time and dime. How sad, but very important. It should be mandatory that all deputies take Street Survival and go to see Col. Dave Grossman when he comes once a year. We should not wear white. We should not have to take shit on the streets. For god's sake we are being killed out here and no one is doing anything about it. We need to get back to the basics and be able to go home at night.

RIP Sgt. Reyka.

08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
I just began reading LT COLGrossman's book called ON Combat. I highly recommend it and plan on going to his seminar.

08-15-2007, 09:58 AM
YOu can have all the training in the world and do everything tactialy sound and still get killed by some scum bag. The fact is the streets have become more violent. Our homicide rate is out of control. Lets look not only at training but our wonderful judges and S.A.O. There are numerous people in the S.A.O. and several of our judges in Broward that think it is okay for someone to hit a Cop. I've been told by some in Statz office that this is part of our job. That mentally is wrong. We keep slapping these criminals on the wrist and with holding convictions time after time. They lose all fear of the system and continue to get more violent. We also have A Sheriff that cares more about public opinion than the safety of his men and women.

08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I HAVE KNOWN THIS FOR QUITE SOME TIME. THIS COUNTY HAS GOTTEN RIDICULOUS IN PUNISHING CRIMINALS. FROM HAVING THE GUILTY WRITE AN ESSAY FOR PUNISHMENT, ON UP TO THE JUDGE THAT STATES HE DOESN'T FEEL THAT THE OFFICER'S ACTIONS WERE CORRECT. WE NEED A NEW BATCH OF JUDGES WITHIN OUR COURTS. THE MAJORITY OF THE ONES WE HAVE NOW HAVE TAKEN AWAY OUR TEETH, AND THE CRIMINAL KNOWS THIS. ANY OF YOU GUYS WITH D.A.V.I.D. CAN SEE THIS WHEN YOU CLICK ON "HISTORICAL DL ACTIVITY". I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I'VE RAN AND FOUND THAT THEY HAVE NUMEROUS TICKETS WITH "ADJ. WITHHELD", OR "CONV. WITH NO POINTS" AND THEY'RE STILL ABLE TO HAVE "SAFE DRIVER" ON THEIR LICENSES. YOUR SHERIFF'S A JOKE, AND SO ARE THE MAJORITY OF JUDGES IN THIS COUNTY. O.K. MAYBE A LITTLE LESS THAN MAJORITY SINCE SEVERAL HAVE LEFT IN THE RECENT PAST, BUT WE STILL NEED OUR TEETH BACK DAMMMMIT.

08-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I have no clue what your training is like for yearly quals (besides the basic FDLE mandate)....

But ill give you a few things we do.. This past year's "in service" i feel has been one of the best ever.

We do the basic FDLE quals of course...

But this year, we have included force on force training in our shoot house with airsofts... and have set up a barricaded area for paintball which helps teach how to properly use cover to engage targets. In each scenario, other deputies play the bad guys and the bad guys react according to whether the officer is taking the correct action or not.

It sounds like childs play.. but when you get hit with a paintball or airsoft, you remember it, and its more feedback than punching paper.

We have a classroom trailer which is blacked out and sectioned off into multiple rooms which simulates clearing a dark home while utilizing proper flashlight techniques and "cutting the pie" going around corners. Bad guys played by other deputies are hidden with airsofts.

We have the pneumatic "rogers system" set up to engage multiple popup targets from multiple distances. see http://www.rogers-shooting-school.com

Defensive tactics has us suit up in redman suits. (the earlier in the year the harder it is... as soon as someone gets hurt it gets toned down)

We also have monthly "open shoots" where 200 rds of handgun and 100 rounds of .223 are provided for practice.

08-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I beleive the entire issue is attitude BSO'S policys make deps not want to get a complaint. In worrying about that you jepordize your safety because you don't want to offend the guy who gets out of his car on a 10-50 well the hell with that your gun should be pointed ready to fire. Officers need to stick to contact/cover like crazy. A lot of new officers do not. We all need more training!!!

The state needs to start putting bad guys away for years not oh your on probation for armed robbery and you got arrested for weed we'll add a month of probation ? Oh now you got a CCF add two more years of probation, why the f--- are these people out ?

I pray you guys get a new boss that will change all that and more!!

08-18-2007, 02:35 AM
You have absolutely no clue, as someone previuosly in training I can tell you what they teach at the range is the latest from outside training sources. How much do you really think they can give you in the short time that they have with bare minimal facilities and as short staffed as they are.

The sad reality is that it does not matter how much training you have someone else 's action is always quicker than your'e reaction. The only reason more cops are not killed is because most suspects just want to get away, not kill us. A large portion of our deputies are not anywhere near the physical condition they should be in and are more of a liability then a back-up.

Times are changing unfortunatley and the hiring process is giving us lovers not fighters. We go to war everyday we put on a uniform but unfortunatley some people get into this job for the benefits, not thinking they are at war everyday. These sheep do not have the survival / winning mindset to do the job.

I am not sure what the answe is but something needs to change in our department and soon before we loose more of us.

I've taken Building Tactics, and Tactical pistol...both sucked! My building tactics class was filled with corrections deputies. Okay fine they want the class but it does me no good to practice clearing with people who never go to Signal 49s.

Tactical Pistol was a joke. Why can't we get outside trainers like from any of the named shooting schools come in and really give us a class. Instead we get trained by an out of date non-certified civilian employee (yes he's been around but the stuff they are teaching doesn't compare to what's out there).

In Service needs to be longer with more time on tactics and less on LEGAL BS.

The best training I've received was training out of the agency on my own time and dime. How sad, but very important. It should be mandatory that all deputies take Street Survival and go to see Col. Dave Grossman when he comes once a year. We should not wear white. We should not have to take shizzat on the streets. For god's sake we are being killed out here and no one is doing anything about it. We need to get back to the basics and be able to go home at night.

RIP Sgt. Reyka.

02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
1. Think to your self how many times did you just get out of the patrol car in a pissed off manner and walk up to the traffic violation with first checking to even see who was in the car you just stopped.

2. How many times have you just thought that this is nothing, so I don't have to call it in or request back up before I take action.

3. How many times did you just get out of the patrol car at an incident without clearing traffic to make sure you did not get run over?

4. How many times did you have your radio off when it should have been on.

5. When was the last time you checked the ammo in your service weapon or cleaned it.

6. How many of you have a set of field glasses in your vehicle so you can observe from a distance.

7. How many times did you just run into a building without checking before entering.

8. How many times did your angry over an incident nearly get you killed or injured.

9. When was the last time you were out of your patrol area and a call came in.

10. When was the last time you took a really good look at who you are and how you were doing your job?

02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Lets continue that....
How many times have you gone 10-8 on a detail and not advised dispatch?
How many times have you changed your 10-20 on a call and not told anyone?
How many times have you left main channel and not told your dispatcher?
How many times have you canceled a 10-94 on a call before you even got there?
How many times have you entered a scene without waiting for your backup?
How many times have you done a 10-50 and never called it out, gone to Teletype, wrote the citations, and then cleared not once ever advising anyone?
How many times have you gone to work without your vest on?

All it takes is ONE of these "how many times" to be your last......

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!

02-16-2008, 06:25 AM
The uniforms are changed, signed off on already and the dark greens will be here soon...the attitude is starting to change too as Lamberti letrs us do our jobs and "Get the bad guy" as he put it...

I dont know what "neighboring" agency the person that started this is from, but unless its HWD or FTL I dont want to hear it as most of the suburban pretty departments dont deal with the animals we do...end of story.

02-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Please quit your job. The streets are about as safe with you on them as they are with the rest of the criminals out there. Bruce Lee was an actor...this is real life. Based on your lovely post you have answered all your own questions. Your response to the problems that need to be addressed is why noone fears or respects cops. Why the hell should they....they are afraid....and they respond the same way you do.....THEY SHOOT YOU BEFORE YOU SHOOT THEM!!!! Why dont you think about what you say. And then go and get some anger management help. And stop feeling sorry for yourself....your not the only cop out there and your not the only one suffering. And the streets would be a safer place if it wasnt you patrolling them.

02-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Please quit your job. The streets are about as safe with you on them as they are with the rest of the criminals out there. Bruce Lee was an actor...this is real life. Based on your lovely post you have answered all your own questions. Your response to the problems that need to be addressed is why noone fears or respects cops. Why the hell should they....they are afraid....and they respond the same way you do.....THEY SHOOT YOU BEFORE YOU SHOOT THEM!!!! Why dont you think about what you say. And then go and get some anger management help. And stop feeling sorry for yourself....your not the only cop out there and your not the only one suffering. And the streets would be a safer place if it wasnt you patrolling them.

First off, the original post was a "philosophy....not a directive". But, what he speaks of is actually in our training.

A cop is always taught to go one step above the level of resistance that the offender presents. If he brings fists, you break out an impact weapon. If he has a weapon, you break out a gun, if he has a gun, you shoot!!! You always go one step higher then their level of resistance in order to take control of the situation.

So, as he stated, if you touch me, I'm going to bruise you.

If you bruise me, I'm going to break your bone.

If you break a bone, I'm gonna try and kill you until you stop trying to hurt me.

So, shut your liberalistic, soft-on-crime, bleeding heart up. I will take the deputy that posted this philosophy over your bleeding heart in a back up any day. At least on that day, I KNOW I"M GOING HOME !!!!

02-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Another liberal civilian. The reason why crime is out of control is YOU A$$HOLE.

02-17-2008, 05:21 AM

Another liberal civilian. The reason why crime is out of control is YOU A$$HOLE.
No.Far from being another liberal civilian as you call it. Im not a take the easy way out kind of problem solver like yourself. But if thats the attitude that your telling me is the norm of cops at BSO then i have severly and grossly misjudged and overestimated the profession and the agency. Because up until this.....i was probably your biggest supporter and probably one of the only people willing to open my mouth and take any risk on your behalf. So please....feel free to call me whatever you want...go kill whoever gives you a dirty look because your the best and you should be "feared". Your as weak as they come and to me your no better than all those criminals you claim to want to "take the streets back from". Last I heard you never owned the streets either. With your attitude im sure you wont be around long anyway. People like you either get themselves killed or end up in jail trying to save the streets (usually because they feel they own them which is pretty delusional if you ask me). So good luck to you. Dont bother replying on my behalf. I wont be returning to this thread or this site. This site and these crazy comments are a waste of my time. So ill take my liberal civilian A$$HOLE somewhere else where people have less arrogance, better work ethics, and less selfish solutions to problems that affect everyone.

02-17-2008, 12:50 PM
No.Far from being another liberal civilian as you call it. Im not a take the easy way out kind of problem solver like yourself. But if thats the attitude that your telling me is the norm of cops at BSO then i have severly and grossly misjudged and overestimated the profession and the agency. Because up until this.....i was probably your biggest supporter and probably one of the only people willing to open my mouth and take any risk on your behalf. So please....feel free to call me whatever you want...go kill whoever gives you a dirty look because your the best and you should be "feared". Your as weak as they come and to me your no better than all those criminals you claim to want to "take the streets back from". Last I heard you never owned the streets either. With your attitude im sure you wont be around long anyway. People like you either get themselves killed or end up in jail trying to save the streets (usually because they feel they own them which is pretty delusional if you ask me). So good luck to you. Dont bother replying on my behalf. I wont be returning to this thread or this site. This site and these crazy comments are a waste of my time. So ill take my liberal civilian A$$HOLE somewhere else where people have less arrogance, better work ethics, and less selfish solutions to problems that affect everyone.

Lol... I love it when people say they won't come back to this site or this thread... I'm sure you'll read this within a few minutes of my posting...

You are CERTAINLY not a cop. I can tell from your unrealistic and self-righteous post that you have never been physcially challenged by another person. You've never been in a fight for your life. You've never tried to handcuff a struggling and resistive person. You don't know what it's like to have the hair on the back of your neck stand up when you're in route to a shooting call and one of your zone partners starts screaming on the radio for everyone else to step it up...

No, you don't have to walk around with a chip on your shoulder and treat everyone like a piece of crap. But, to be an effective cop and to go home each night, you have to be able to switch from nice-guy to agressor in a second. We're not dealing with people like you each night (those who wouldn't hurt us), we're dealing with people that want to get away from us, and if they can't, they will kill us.

Now you take your happy horse crap and try talking it out with the people that killed Chris or the guy that shot Maury in the face. See how those people respond to your community oriented approach and see what happens. As for me, I'll take my chances getting a complaint and do my best to go home each night.

If we don't "own" the streets, then the bad guys do. If they do, then you're unsafe when you drive your Honda to and from your safe comfy office. We want people like you to feel safe and comfy and feel like you own the street. But we don't want idiots with a pocket full of drugs and two guns in each pocket to think they own the street. If it means being a little more agressive with the real bad guys, then I'm all for it. It may mean that you'll be stopped when you're speeding, or driving through that drug neighborhood to get your weekend supply of weed. If that's a bad thing, then, oh well....

Wake up, man.

02-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Lol... I love it when people say they won't come back to this site or this thread... I'm sure you'll read this within a few minutes of my posting...

You are CERTAINLY not a cop. I can tell from your unrealistic and self-righteous post that you have never been physcially challenged by another person. You've never been in a fight for your life. You've never tried to handcuff a struggling and resistive person. You don't know what it's like to have the hair on the back of your neck stand up when you're in route to a shooting call and one of your zone partners starts screaming on the radio for everyone else to step it up...

No, you don't have to walk around with a chip on your shoulder and treat everyone like a piece of crap. But, to be an effective cop and to go home each night, you have to be able to switch from nice-guy to agressor in a second. We're not dealing with people like you each night (those who wouldn't hurt us), we're dealing with people that want to get away from us, and if they can't, they will kill us.

Now you take your happy horse crap and try talking it out with the people that killed Chris or the guy that shot Maury in the face. See how those people respond to your community oriented approach and see what happens. As for me, I'll take my chances getting a complaint and do my best to go home each night.

If we don't "own" the streets, then the bad guys do. If they do, then you're unsafe when you drive your Honda to and from your safe comfy office. We want people like you to feel safe and comfy and feel like you own the street. But we don't want idiots with a pocket full of drugs and two guns in each pocket to think they own the street. If it means being a little more agressive with the real bad guys, then I'm all for it. It may mean that you'll be stopped when you're speeding, or driving through that drug neighborhood to get your weekend supply of weed. If that's a bad thing, then, oh well....

Wake up, man.

Great post, I think I love you

02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
bump

02-19-2008, 04:05 AM
yeah. i love you too.