PDA

View Full Version : Where is the PBA During This..

08-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Why hasn't the PBA added all the dues that they give back to the reps plus the money Brickman and Pat H. get to the reward money for Chris' Killer. Take out a billboard and have the picture of the vehicle posted everywhere.

The PBA Sucks.

08-12-2007, 08:14 PM
$15,000 from Crime Stoppers, $5,000 from FDLE, $50,000 from the FBI, $25,000 from the U.S. Marshals Office in Miami and $10,000 from a private citizen.

10k from a private citizen and not a dime from our beloved union.

08-12-2007, 08:35 PM
If this is not proof that the PBA needs to go then I do not know what it will take!!!!! Why has the PBAnot offered any reward money ? Why has the PBA not made a single comment to the media in either shooting this week ? Why has the PBA not called for the removal of the Sheriff ? Why has the PBA not used the media to call for support of the law enforcement community during these times ? Barbara, get out of the bar and do something!!!

08-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I started this thread and you guys have made me proud. I asked a simple question and you all helped me remember that the PBA sucks. Keep this going everyone at BSO needs to know how little the PBA does for us. I agree get that drunk Barbara out of the bar. And tricky **** too. That's where your money goes. Vote them out. IUPA how much are you giving to the reward fund??? FOP Where are you??? Someone step up to the plate and show us you care.

08-13-2007, 12:28 AM
With all the big shots in South Florida, celebs, CEO's, and fortune 500 companies, why have none of them donated to the reward fund ?????

Just remember, when it come to Law Enforcement we take cate of our own.

By the way, where is future Sheriff Shaq..... practicing free throws I guess.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
With all the big shots in South Florida, celebs, CEO's, and fortune 500 companies, why have none of them donated to the reward fund ?????

Just remember, when it come to Law Enforcement we take cate of our own.

By the way, where is future Sheriff Shaq..... practicing free throws I guess.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Shaq, celebs, ceo's and fortune 500 companies are not our family...the PBA is supposed to be...at least that's what we pay them for.

08-14-2007, 01:36 AM
I have always been a PBA supporter. However, my entire attitude towards the PBA has forever changed this past week. I always thought my PBA was in my corner and when deputies were in need, they would be there. I have witnessed two critical incidents in 5 days involving two deputies. I was shocked, saddened and upset at the PBA this week. I am outraged that the PBA has not offered one dollar for a reward in the capture of a cop killer. I am outraged that I have not heard any statement from the PBA of any kind. I am also upset that they have not helped out the families. I have always supported my PBA but I will cease to support the PBA ever again starting next week. I could care less who is running against the PBA in an election. Who ever it is, they will have my vote. I really think the girl scouts could have reacted better than the PBA has this week. Mr Brickman and company, YOU should be ashamed!!!!!!

08-14-2007, 03:46 AM
I agree with you guys! I looked at the PBA website yesterday or the day before and there was NOTHING on it about either incident!!! I cannot believe that. One thing I did find out today is that the reward has been capped at $106,000. It was apparently up to $137,000 or something and the decision was made to bring it down. I do not know who had donated the other monies. I will be curious to see what the PBA does...if anything...other than some Memorial page in the Centurion that is...

08-14-2007, 05:25 AM
I agree with you guys! I looked at the PBA website yesterday or the day before and there was NOTHING on it about either incident!!! I cannot believe that. One thing I did find out today is that the reward has been capped at $106,000. It was apparently up to $137,000 or something and the decision was made to bring it down. I do not know who had donated the other monies. I will be curious to see what the PBA does...if anything...other than some Memorial page in the Centurion that is...

And who decided that the reward money should be capped. That just sounds crazy, So I take it that whoever made that decision feels that a Sgt. who was gunned down in cold blood is only worth $106,000. I bet it was approaching what that person makes in a year and we couldn't have that. No amount of money is too much to find a cop killer.

Did anyone else have a chance to look at the new PBA Centurion, nice article on how a deputy wants to ***** and moan about how other deputies wouldn't stop as his 10-94 on 595 when he stopped a guy. Hey if he needed 10-94 that bad, why get the guy out of the car and why handcuff him all why he is alone. I hope that deputy is reading this, because that is what you need the 10-94 there for, not to babysit your 10-15.

I would have to say that is what the PBA was busy doing instead of posting the crime stoppers flyer on their website or any other info about the investigation.

Good Job PBA, just remember your days in KJ's pocket are numbered.

08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
PBA gave 30k to the family.......money better spent then giving it to some scumbag who knows which one of his bros pulled the trigger....get real, i dont see you putting up your money.......only *****ing........but your one of those guys that are better at doing nothing except complaining, not working to do anything good just being a disgruntled bunch of (*&^%

08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
PBA gave 30k to the family.......money better spent then giving it to some scumbag who knows which one of his bros pulled the trigger....get real, i dont see you putting up your money.......only *****ing........but your one of those guys that are better at doing nothing except complaining, not working to do anything good just being a disgruntled bunch of (*&^%

I call your bluff and call you a liar. The PBA did not give 30k to the family. The PBA gave the 25k that is covered by an insurance policy and not one dime came out of the PBA's pocket. The PBA has screwed this up royaly and I will no longer support the PBA for anything.

08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Where do I begin. When A New York City Police Office was shot the PBA took the lead, Not the Mayor or commisioner. The PBA came out and immediately had a press confrence. At the Funeral the PBA president made a speech, not for political purposes but to show thier support for the officer and his family. After the funeral the PBA kept up the fight, explioting the city and its leaders for thier mismanagement and phony support, as many of them tried to expliot the death of the officer for thier political careers. The PBA was the one we turned to, with them using all their resources for the cause. The PBA were the ones who lobbied and succeeded in getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in benifits for the slain officers family. The sad part about this, the NYPD union dues was 17.00 dollars a check. The Broward County PBA dues, 17.00 dollars a check minus no return.

08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
to take poetic license, from a quote, from of all people Flavor Flav

Get up, get get down
PBA's a joke in your town.

08-15-2007, 02:15 AM
I started here in 1978 when Ed Stack was Sheriff. There was no union. We got whatever the Sheriff wanted to give us. When the a$$ holes in Tallahassee f'd with our pension from 3% to 2%, it was the PBA that fought for us and got it back. Not only did they up it back to 3%, but they got us back all those years that we were at 2%; that was HUGH. The PBA does plenty that you guys don't know about. That's because they choose not to brag and pat themselves on the back and say how wonderful they are. You guys should be kissing the feet of **** Brickman for all he's done for us over the years. The PBA is the most powerfull labor organization in the State. Every other department that has left the PBA has ultimately come back. Don't sit here and complain. Get involved and see exactly what the PBA does. Go to Tallahassee during legislative session one year and watch the PBA leaders in action. Then you will appreciate what they do for us. In the meantime, next time you see Brickman, shake his hand and thank him. I'd rather have the PBA than any other organization.

08-15-2007, 03:42 AM
I started here in 1978 when Ed Stack was Sheriff. There was no union. We got whatever the Sheriff wanted to give us. When the a$$ holes in Tallahassee f'd with our pension from 3% to 2%, it was the PBA that fought for us and got it back. Not only did they up it back to 3%, but they got us back all those years that we were at 2%; that was HUGH. The PBA does plenty that you guys don't know about. That's because they choose not to brag and pat themselves on the back and say how wonderful they are. You guys should be kissing the feet of . Brickman for all he's done for us over the years. The PBA is the most powerfull labor organization in the State. Every other department that has left the PBA has ultimately come back. Don't sit here and complain. Get involved and see exactly what the PBA does. Go to Tallahassee during legislative session one year and watch the PBA leaders in action. Then you will appreciate what they do for us. In the meantime, next time you see Brickman, shake his hand and thank him. I'd rather have the PBA than any other organization.

Excuse me while I gag!

08-15-2007, 04:56 AM
He and Ernie sit high and mighty and say nothing. Why are they not doing something. The money the widow received was from a insurance company and no one else. It is a insurance policy we all have

08-16-2007, 01:33 AM
I started here in 1978 when Ed Stack was Sheriff. There was no union. We got whatever the Sheriff wanted to give us. When the a$$ holes in Tallahassee f'd with our pension from 3% to 2%, it was the PBA that fought for us and got it back. Not only did they up it back to 3%, but they got us back all those years that we were at 2%; that was HUGH. The PBA does plenty that you guys don't know about. That's because they choose not to brag and pat themselves on the back and say how wonderful they are. You guys should be kissing the feet of . Brickman for all he's done for us over the years. The PBA is the most powerfull labor organization in the State. Every other department that has left the PBA has ultimately come back. Don't sit here and complain. Get involved and see exactly what the PBA does. Go to Tallahassee during legislative session one year and watch the PBA leaders in action. Then you will appreciate what they do for us. In the meantime, next time you see Brickman, shake his hand and thank him. I'd rather have the PBA than any other organization.

Wow!!!! This must be brick ****man himself. If you think Brick had anything to do with getting the 3% passed then your alzheimers is more advanced than you think. The PBA got this passed at a huge expense to the majority of the law enforcement people. That 3% benefit only helped a small percentage of the law enforcement community to the toll of over 700 million dollars. Now when everyone wants to see a 20 and out program for full retirement, it was laughed at because the state already spent over 700 million on the select few a few years back. Those select few are the ones who are in power now and who benefited the most at everyones expense. You think like the PBA. Get wht YOU can and not the most for the majority.

08-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Wow!!!! This must be brick ****man himself. If you think Brick had anything to do with getting the 3% passed then your alzheimers is more advanced than you think. The PBA got this passed at a huge expense to the majority of the law enforcement people. That 3% benefit only helped a small percentage of the law enforcement community to the toll of over 700 million dollars. Now when everyone wants to see a 20 and out program for full retirement, it was laughed at because the state already spent over 700 million on the select few a few years back. Those select few are the ones who are in power now and who benefited the most at everyones expense. You think like the PBA. Get wht YOU can and not the most for the majority.

absoutley right , now no one can have any retirement issues on the agenda, the few who benifited are now laughing all the way to the bank, and we beg at the table .

08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
If the PBA was worth a single penny, they too would be calling for drastic changes in how we do our job. PBSO Sheriff Bradshaw is already saying enough is enough and calling for all of his deputies to be armed with superior weapons. I know these weapons would not have prevented Chris' death but it does send a message.

08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Every other department that has left the PBA has ultimately come back.

Hmm. Sunrise PD was PBA, went to FOP and now they are one of the highest paid with one of the better pensions in the county! WOW!

08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Same place when my husband died in November of last year. No where to be found. He was a member of the PBA for 29 years and was a PBA rep for many years. Not even a card or a visit at the funeral home. It took a Lt from BSO to get in touch with Brickman to let him know just how we felt. He sent a lame card with apologizes that he was out of town. I guess he is the only person in the organization. Also, before my husbands death we tried to contact the PBA Attorney to get all of my husband legal papers in order that was a joke. He had the nerve to send us paperwork of someone else and told me to fill in what I wanted and send it back and he would take care of it This was after numerous calls. I went out and hired an attorney and had it completed properly. It was nice to see the big floral spray on television front and center that the PBA sent to the funeral of the Deputy. That was great advertisement and whoever displayed them did a great job as it was in camera shot the whole time. I will tell you the President of the FOP came up to me at my husbands viewing and introduced himself to me and gave his condolences and he was not even an FOP member but my husband had somehow over the years known him. But I guess paying dues and knowing other people for 29 years does not count. Just had to get it off of my chest.

Deceased Deputies Wife

08-17-2007, 02:27 AM
I started here in 1978 when Ed Stack was Sheriff. There was no union. We got whatever the Sheriff wanted to give us. When the a$$ holes in Tallahassee f'd with our pension from 3% to 2%, it was the PBA that fought for us and got it back. Not only did they up it back to 3%, but they got us back all those years that we were at 2%; that was HUGH. The PBA does plenty that you guys don't know about. That's because they choose not to brag and pat themselves on the back and say how wonderful they are. You guys should be kissing the feet of . Brickman for all he's done for us over the years. The PBA is the most powerfull labor organization in the State. Every other department that has left the PBA has ultimately come back. Don't sit here and complain. Get involved and see exactly what the PBA does. Go to Tallahassee during legislative session one year and watch the PBA leaders in action. Then you will appreciate what they do for us. In the meantime, next time you see Brickman, shake his hand and thank him. I'd rather have the PBA than any other organization.I wish the guys that started before 1978, got the 3%, but is that what this is all about? Why don't we all stop complaining about our union and find the murderers of Chris!!!

08-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah - ya think so. Who's read their latest publication? Nice article by some hot head deputy that didn't need to be printed. Not now, not ever. Shameful.

08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
You just lost another member PBA

09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I have always been a PBA supporter. However, my entire attitude towards the PBA has forever changed this past week. I always thought my PBA was in my corner and when deputies were in need, they would be there. I have witnessed two critical incidents in 5 days involving two deputies. I was shocked, saddened and upset at the PBA this week. I am outraged that the PBA has not offered one dollar for a reward in the capture of a cop killer. I am outraged that I have not heard any statement from the PBA of any kind. I am also upset that they have not helped out the families. I have always supported my PBA but I will cease to support the PBA ever again starting next week. I could care less who is running against the PBA in an election. Who ever it is, they will have my vote. I really think the girl scouts could have reacted better than the PBA has this week. Mr Brickman and company, YOU should be ashamed!!!!!!

09-18-2007, 10:13 PM

It was 30 from the PBA insurance policy and 10 from victim advocate fund. Pba paid nothing out of pocket to the Reyka family unless you count the 2 apple pies they brought. Don't fool yourself. The PBA spent nothing out of pocket!!!

09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Check for family paid for by outside funds $0.00
2 apple pies from Publix $12.85
Embarrasment to the PBA getting caught out there Priceless.

03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
PBA, Proudly collecting the working man's money everyday and never doing anything for them.

03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
bump

03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
If like me your feed up with the lack of a union, a date should be set and ALL those looking to make a statement, should stop paying union dues and resign. Our votes aren't being counted, so why should they be counting our union dues.

TIME FOR A CHANGE

03-24-2008, 11:48 AM
goodbye

03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
goodbyeYou IUPA guys just can't let it rest. Maybe next time. You got waffled in the perc election and you won't have much success now. Go home,have a drink, go to bed.