PDA

View Full Version : If There Were All NEW PBA Reps?

08-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Since there is a PBA election coming up soon for 8 new reps, would you be able to trust the PBA to fairly represent you, if 8 new reps were voted in, as long as the new reps have no affiliation with the old ones or upper administration? From what I understand there are several good people who have thrown their hats into the ring that fit this bill.

08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I would be willing to give this a shot, while I am not satisfied with the PBA at this time, I do think our relationship with the PBA can be salvaged with the right people in the rep. position. No more of these people that are looking our for number 1, a rep. should have everyone's intrests in mind.

08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Where has the PBA been during this weeks two tragities?

Absent that's where.

I am leaving this god forsaken department for a better life.

08-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Absent that's where.

I am leaving this god forsaken department for a better life. Youre an idiot! Go ahead leave. They donated money and services for the family and sponsored the after services gathering for all attendees! So go ahead and leave you moron!

08-16-2007, 05:36 PM

Absent that's where.

I am leaving this god forsaken department for a better life. Youre an idiot! Go ahead leave. They donated money and services for the family and sponsored the after services gathering for all attendees! So go ahead and leave you moron!

No sir, you are the idiot. When the PBA or any other union "pays out" for a death benefit, it is from a insurance policy. The PBA or any other union does not reach into their own bank account. As for the service at the fairgrounds after the burial, it was not the Broward PBA that did that. The food was not bought by them at all. The only thing the PBA did was purchace the flowers at the funeal and fall flat on their face. And please tell me what services the PBA did for the family?

08-16-2007, 11:33 PM

Absent that's where.

No sir, you are the idiot. When the PBA or any other union "pays out" for a death benefit, it is from a insurance policy. The PBA or any other union does not reach into their own bank account. As for the service at the fairgrounds after the burial, it was not the Broward PBA that did that. The food was not bought by them at all. The only thing the PBA did was purchace the flowers at the funeal and fall flat on their face. And please tell me what services the PBA did for the family?

No, you dont leave the dept. You end your membership in the PBA. We should all do it in mass.....Then the Gearys and Brickmans of the world can sit in their lonely little circle and brag about how they great they are ALONE.

08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
It's called a PERC election. At this point I'd vote for Walgreens to be our union. Personally I'm not an idiot, and I'm tired of being lied to. The PBA weather you believe they do a good job or not, they are adept at bending the truth. Now I'm not saying that any other union will or will not do better. But I can't lie or I'll lose my job and no union will be able to fight that. I expect the same ethical standard from the union that reperesents me. I feel I'm not getting that now. those who will ask what lies just read these forums. Too many to list.

03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
needs a bump

03-22-2008, 06:02 AM

Absent that's where.

I am leaving this god forsaken department for a better life.

Whats "tragic" is your spelling!