PDA

View Full Version : TO THE CHIEF AND DEPUTY CHIEF!

08-10-2007, 09:32 PM
CHIEFS, YOU TWO HAVE GOT TO REALIZE HOW BAD MORALE IS HERE IN THE DEPARTMENT. WE ARE NOT A CORPORATE BUSINESS AND SHOULD NOT BE SO MICRO MANAGED. DO YOU REALIZE THAT HARDLY ANYONE WANTS TO COME TO WORK ANYMORE. SICK TIME IS BEING USED MORE AND MORE BECAUSE OFFICERS JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. THE POLICE VEHICLES WE HAVE LOOK GHETTO. THEY ARE MISSING PAINT AND HAVE DENTS ALL OVER AND OFFICERS JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. THE MORALE IS TO LOW TO CARE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY YOU HAVE SERGEANTS WHO WANT TO GIVE UP THEIR RANK AND BECOME OFFICERS AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS PLACE. CHIEFS, THAT HAS GOT TO SAY SOMETHING. THATS EMBARRASSING.
IN COMPSTAT THE SERGEANTS ARE BELITTLED AND INSULTED. THE LAST MEMORY SGT. D'AMICO HAD OF THIS PLACE WAS BEING EMBARASSED AND SCOLDED AND TALKED DOWN TO BY THE SDSS MAJOR. HE LEAVES HERE AND GETS KILLED. I HOPE THE MAJOR IS PROUD AND CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE. THEN WE HAVE THESE CRITICAL INCIDENT REVIEWS AND THE PEOPLE IN COMMAND ARE RIPPED APART AND MADE TO FEEL REAL SMALL. CHIEFS, HOW DO PEOPLE LEARN FROM THAT? ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING PEOPLE NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING. SO WHY NOT CALL IN SICK AND NOT DEAL WITH IT.
THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE THAT ARE STILL LEAVING EVEN THOUGH WE GOT A DECENT RAISE. THE MONEY JUST ISNT WORTH IT. PEOPLE IN THE DROP ARE LEAVING THE D.R.O.P. EARLY AND THATS GOOD MONEY! IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP STRIPES OR FREE MONEY JUST TO GET OUT OF HERE THAT HAS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.
THE SAD THING IS THAT THE PUBLIC READS THESE FORUMS AS WELL AS THE MEDIA AND THEY KNOW ALL OF THE THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON. I HAVE HAD CITIZENS WALK UP TO ME AND MENTION THIS SITE AND ASK IF THINGS ARE REALLY THAT BAD? THE TROOPS HERE HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PLACE THIS BAD BEFORE. CHIEFS ITS DESPERATE HERE. A LT. CANT EVEN AUTHORIZE A DAY OFF NOW. THE SGTS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO DO ANYTHING. WHY EVEN HAVE THAT RANK? THE COMMANDERS AND MAJORS DONT KNOW HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE. YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE ALPHONSO, OLIVA, SOCORRO, CACERAS, AND WHITEHEAD THAT ARE TRULY RUNNING THIS PLACE DOWN. WHY ARE WE THE ONLY ONES TO SEE THIS GOING ON. AS CHIEF WHY ARENT YOU DOING ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE WHERE PEOPLE WANT TO COME AND STAY? ITS UP TO YOU TO CHANGE THIS PLACE INSTEAD OF LETTING WHAT HAS HAPPENED, HAPPEN. WE ARE DESPERATE HERE AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEAVE AND ADVISE THE MEDIA OF DIFFERENT THINGS UNTIL IT CHANGES. MURDERS AND ROBBERIES ARE SKY ROCKETING. OFFICERS KEEP GETTING SHOT OR SHOT AT. WHY DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE? PEOPLE ARE LEAVING HERE WITH 10 TO 15 YEARS ON JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MISERABLE. THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP THEIR PENSIONS AND START OVER TO GET OUT OF HERE. WE HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE. JUST READ ALL THE POSTS ON THIS SITE. DO YOU FIND ANYTHING POSITIVE? THIS IS A SINKING SHIP THAT YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN OF!!!

08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
CHIEFS, YOU TWO HAVE GOT TO REALIZE HOW BAD MORALE IS HERE IN THE DEPARTMENT. WE ARE NOT A CORPORATE BUSINESS AND SHOULD NOT BE SO MICRO MANAGED. DO YOU REALIZE THAT HARDLY ANYONE WANTS TO COME TO WORK ANYMORE. SICK TIME IS BEING USED MORE AND MORE BECAUSE OFFICERS JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. THE POLICE VEHICLES WE HAVE LOOK GHETTO. THEY ARE MISSING PAINT AND HAVE DENTS ALL OVER AND OFFICERS JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. THE MORALE IS TO LOW TO CARE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY YOU HAVE SERGEANTS WHO WANT TO GIVE UP THEIR RANK AND BECOME OFFICERS AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS PLACE. CHIEFS, THAT HAS GOT TO SAY SOMETHING. THATS EMBARRASSING.
IN COMPSTAT THE SERGEANTS ARE BELITTLED AND INSULTED. THE LAST MEMORY SGT. D'AMICO HAD OF THIS PLACE WAS BEING EMBARASSED AND SCOLDED AND TALKED DOWN TO BY THE SDSS MAJOR. HE LEAVES HERE AND GETS KILLED. I HOPE THE MAJOR IS PROUD AND CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE. THEN WE HAVE THESE CRITICAL INCIDENT REVIEWS AND THE PEOPLE IN COMMAND ARE RIPPED APART AND MADE TO FEEL REAL SMALL. CHIEFS, HOW DO PEOPLE LEARN FROM THAT? ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING PEOPLE NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING. SO WHY NOT CALL IN SICK AND NOT DEAL WITH IT.
THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE THAT ARE STILL LEAVING EVEN THOUGH WE GOT A DECENT RAISE. THE MONEY JUST ISNT WORTH IT. PEOPLE IN THE DROP ARE LEAVING THE D.R.O.P. EARLY AND THATS FREE MONEY! IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP STRIPES OR FREE MONEY JUST TO GET OUT OF HERE THAT HAS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.
THE SAD THING IS THAT THE PUBLIC READS THESE FORUMS AS WELL AS THE MEDIA AND THEY KNOW ALL OF THE THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON. I HAVE HAD CITIZENS WALK UP TO ME AND MENTION THIS SITE AND ASK IF THINGS ARE REALLY THAT BAD? THE TROOPS HERE HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PLACE THIS BAD BEFORE. CHIEFS ITS DESPERATE HERE. A LT. CANT EVEN AUTHORIZE A DAY OFF NOW. THE SGTS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO DO ANYTHING. WHY EVEN HAVE THAT RANK? THE COMMANDERS AND MAJORS DONT KNOW HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE. YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE ALPHONSO, OLIVA, SOCORRO, CACERAS, AND WHITEHEAD THAT ARE TRULY RUNNING THIS PLACE DOWN. WHY ARE WE THE ONLY ONES TO SEE THIS GOING ON. AS CHIEF WHY ARENT YOU DOING ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE WHERE PEOPLE WANT TO COME AND STAY? ITS UP TO YOU TO CHANGE THIS PLACE INSTEAD OF LETTING WHAT HAS HAPPENED, HAPPEN. WE ARE DESPERATE HERE AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEAVE AND ADVISE THE MEDIA OF DIFFERENT THINGS UNTIL IT CHANGES. MURDERS AND ROBBERIES ARE SKY ROCKETING. OFFICERS KEEP GETTING SHOT OR SHOT AT. WHY DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE? PEOPLE ARE LEAVING HERE WITH 10 TO 15 YEARS ON JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MISERABLE. THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP THEIR PENSIONS AND START OVER TO GET OUT OF HERE. WE HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE. JUST READ ALL THE POSTS ON THIS SITE. DO YOU FIND ANYTHING POSITIVE? THIS IS A SINKING SHIP THAT YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN OF!!!One of the best and most accurate posts on here ever. One thing you got wrong! No one on this department is making free money. I think your way of expressing this in a public forum is wrong. We bust our a$$es for this community and you have the nerves to say we get free money, C'MON!

08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
YOU FORGOT CHIEF BURDEN WHO CONTINUES TO TAKE CARE OF HIS ZERO'S. THE ONLY QRU CHIEF IS CANNON

08-11-2007, 02:19 AM
That was spoken from the heart. I was wondering today that if god forbid we lost an officer in the line of duty if our chief would appear on TV with tears in his eyes.

YesCop
08-11-2007, 02:26 AM
That was spoken from the heart. I was wondering today that if god forbid we lost an officer in the line of duty if our chief would appear on TV with tears in his eyes.
Only because BK would be behind him, chopping onions...You have to look good. You're the CNN Chief!!!

08-11-2007, 04:16 AM
who wrote did make a big mistake. cops in Miami are not getting the drop money for free. Look at the headlines brother. Look at the wall in the lobby.

08-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Bravo, one of the best posts that I have ever read on this forum. You hit the nail right on the head with one exception my friend. DROP money is not free. We worked all of those years to reach the point where we eligible to earn that money. It saddens me to see guy and gals leave with one, two or three years left in the DROP. The main reasons are that senior people are so fed up with the T$'s, Fernandezes', Alfonsos' and Olivas', is that they feel it is not worth the aggravation and stress on their lives to remain. Stupid crap like Comstat, where staff is belittled and insulted by the BK. Even the latest idea which takes the cake in the south end, the mini District Comstat, where Stevie Wonder's requirement is that sergeants and lieutenants' wear class A uniforms to the meeting. Does he honestly think that the answers are going to be better or the solutions different just because you are wearing a long sleeve shirt and a tie? Sergeants are belittled because their crews don't produce or are lazy. For example, a squad makes over a hundred arrests a month in a certain South District NET area. Instead of a pat on the back by their NET commander, they are ridiculed because 100 arrests are not enough. Believe me, want something to take all of the incentive out of work, just do what this particular commander is doing. Brother D'Amico stood up in that Comstat meeting and defended his guys when ridiculed by the major. That kind of leadership garners respect and admiration from your officers. Something sadly lacking around here. I wonder if certain staff can sleep at night knowing that Brother D'Amico's decision to leave was hastened by this utter disrespect of a senior member of this department with over twenty-five years under his belt. You want me to respect you? Then you need to respect me!

Senior brothers and sisters are tired of crap like Oliva refusing to sign OT slips because he doesn't like the way an officer filled out his worksheet or left his NET area to back up an officer in the middle of the night. I personally have filled out my worksheet the same way for many years and I am not about to change now. If he doesn't like it, tough crap! Besides, it is illegal for him to refuse to sign my overtime slips. Zone integrity is a good idea but not when we have too many calls and not enough officers to handle them all. We cannot be every where all of the time.

Senior brothers and sisters are also tired of competing egos. It's pretty ridiculous when a commander and a lieutenant has a fight about who is going to be in command on a shooting scene. We are constantly tired of having to answer to commanders and majors, many of whom never spend much time in the streets as to why we are lazy and don't produce enough. We would love to be in a position to stay and mentor promising young officers, they way we were mentored to be older officers when we were rookies. But in today's world, it will not happen.

A word to the staff: Respect is not something that you are given when T$ or whomever pins those diamonds, oak leaves or stars on your collar. Respect is something that is earned. But in order to earn respect, you have to give respect. Personally speaking, there are some staff in this department whom I have the utmost respect for, but on the other hand there are many for whom I don't!

Just my two cents worth!

08-12-2007, 01:02 AM
this is the best thing i've read on this site. please please please do something chief! i don't know the reason you're here, whether it's because you want to be a good chief or because you want a nice retirement or the acclaim or as a stepping stone into politics, but you have to realize that our jobs and lives depend on you doing your job WELL! you need to do something and we will not do our jobs well when we have certain commanders breathing down our necks and we're driven to worry more about numbers than actual police work. we're telling you we want to work, yet you've created an environment detrimental to our effectiveness. there HAS to be a change! i wanted nothing more than to be a city of miami police officer and to do a great job, but after just a couple years here i'm already thinking about leaving. three to five officers a WEEK are turning in their cars and equipment and leaving, and we might get 10-15 officers coming in every 4-6 months. wonder why they're leaving??? please let us know there's going to be some sort of resolve, we can't go on like this!

08-12-2007, 02:13 AM
thank you i'm one of those cops that left and let me tell you everyone kept telling me , that the grass ain't greener on the other side.
Dude r they wrong. I can actually say that i like going to work. No stats, no problem, as long as ur responsible 4 ur zone. That's the policy were im at now.
Sometimes i wonder if i did the right thing and then suddenly it hits me,Why did i wait so long to leave!
I'll go a whole shift without answering one call.....
Dude the grass is greener and those people who say otherwise r full of $hit!!!!

08-12-2007, 02:59 AM
My fellow officers it's to late for this Chief to make the necessary changes. We must think ahead and start looking for another Chief to lead us in the future. I am sure that Mr. Top Cop could get another job perhaps full time with CNN. Let' s look at all thing that guy is quick to take credit for.

The use of force policy was changed by Chief Martinez not Timoney

The CIT Program was implemented by Chief Martinez not Timoney

Crime declined while during Chief Martinez's tenure as Deputy and then as Chief, but not Timoney's.

The Taser Program was implemented by Chief Martinez not Timoney.

The Carbine Program was implemented by Chief Martinez and Timoney tried to eliminate the Program as soon as he got here.

So what has this Chief gone to benefit this City and it's Police Department

Lots of personal vacations

Heavy drinking

Dozens of CNN Interviews

1 helicopter

1 DUI truck

1 Swat Vehicle

1 Command Post Trunk

But nothing to improve staffing and morale

Delay descision involving officer safety issue.

Complain that he has a plan for every problem that we have , but for one reason or another he has not been able to implement the plan. Wow.

No more excuses it's time to march back to City Hall , but this time it's not for money. FOP where U

08-12-2007, 03:02 AM
My fellow officers it's to late for this Chief to make the necessary changes. We must think ahead and start looking for another Chief to lead us in the future. I am sure that Mr. Top Cop could get another job perhaps full time with CNN. Let' s look at all the things that guy is quick to take credit for.

Crime declined during Chief Martinez's tenure as Deputy and then as Chief, but not Timoney's.

The Carbine Program was implemented by Chief Martinez and Timoney tried to eliminate the Program as soon as he got here.

So what has this Chief done to benefit this City and it's Police Department

Heavy drinking

Dozens of CNN Interviews

1 helicopter

1 DUI truck

1 Swat Vehicle

1 Command Post Trunk

Complain that he has a plan for every problem that we have , but for one reason or another he has not been able to implement the plan. Wow.

No more excuses it's time to march back to City Hall , but this time it's not for money. FOP where U

08-12-2007, 03:30 AM
1 helicopter

1 DUI truck

1 Swat Vehicle

1 Command Post Trunk

He had nothing to do with these. These toys were bought with UASI funds. Absolutely nothing to do with Dumb &amp Dumber, whoops, I mean T-$$$ and BK :!:

08-12-2007, 03:34 AM
and the trip to Ireland to check out camera's? ON THE CITY'S DIME.

08-12-2007, 03:38 AM
and bailing his boy out of jail.........oooppps sorry typo

08-12-2007, 04:00 AM
My fellow officers it's to late for this Chief to make the necessary changes. We must think ahead and start looking for another Chief to lead us in the future. I am sure that Mr. Top Cop could get another job perhaps full time with CNN. Let' s look at all thing that guy is quick to take credit for.

Crime declined while during Chief Martinez's tenure as Deputy and then as Chief, but not Timoney's.

So what has this Chief gone to benefit this City and it's Police Department

Heavy drinking

Dozens of CNN Interviews

1 helicopter

1 DUI truck

1 Swat Vehicle

1 Command Post Trunk

YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, THEREFORE, TIMONEY IS YOUR CHIEF AND YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH HIM. ITS TOOO LATE FOR YOU TO BRING BACK MEMORIES OF WHAT RAUL MARTINEZ DID. MPD OFFICERS DENIGRATED THIS HONORABLE MAN AND OTHERS. YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR UNJUST ACTS. IF YOU DONT LIKE T$ THEN LEAVE MPD AND GO WORK IN SWEETWATER!

08-12-2007, 04:08 AM
It is a very sad thing to see the level that the once proud Miami Police Department has sunk to. This department was at one time the best paid and most progressive department in the state. Agencies came to us to study and adopt such programs as field force and officer survival. We were on the cutting edge of law enforcement, the elite.

Where are we now? We have become the laughingstock of the law enforcement community. Some examples: Prior to our contracts being settled, only the City of Opa Locka was below us in salary. We could not attract fresh young talent. and what we had were leaving to better paying jobs. With the high cost of living in South Florida, no one could blame them. The city gave us nothing! They only brought us up to a level where we should have been all along. Three years from now we will be in the same position as before.

Secondly, there's Comstat. A novel program in concept but has the propensity for corruption ala Powertrak in Broward. It does nothing to reduce the crime problem. Commanders and lower are routinely belittled or talked down to because of alleged failure to reduce crime in their NET areas.

Thirdly, officers are ordered to bring zone notebooks to roll calls. What purpose does this serve? Professional man and women are not allowed to do their jobs because of constant micromanagement by staff. It is a sad day when a major of police feels that he has to examine officer's worksheets. because he feels that they don't produce. It is a known fact that this particular major was never a top producer when he was an officer!

Fourth, Supervisors are not allowed to supervise. Sergeants are belittled and disrespected in these mini-comstat meetings because their officers allegedly don't produce enough. Certain commanders are under the impression that minor arrests will reduce crime. I am sorry but there is something wrong when a hard working blue collar individual who is enjoying a beer on his front porch is arrested for drinking in Public. There is something wrong then a commander, a member of the chief's staff feels that he has to work into the wee hours of the morning in the streets.

In conclusion, in past times when an organization went through bad times, it was up to its leader to fall upon his sword. In modern times, when an agency has problems, the head usually steps aside. Our department is no different. To restore the Miami Police Department to the level of prominance that it once held, I call upon the top two leaders of the department to step aside. This is needed for the good of the department and its' members.

08-12-2007, 04:11 AM
and the trip to Ireland to check out camera's? ON THE CITY'S DIME.

Don't forget, CNN's formost authority on crime and terrorism in New York and Philadelphia, but not Miami.

08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Screw u and the old man , 99 percent of cops here are great cops.
reagarding the SweetWater comment at least they have the balls to go after the criminals and if they deserve a good ass kicking they give it to them.

Raul Martinez is gone, but this Chief could n't even come close to knowing how to fight. Name just one crime fighting plan implemented by this Chief . This guy does not have a clue. Riding your bicycle around town doesn't stop violent crime.

12-24-2008, 02:43 AM
I HAVE BEEN THROUGH 9 CHIEFS OF POLICE AND 3 DEPUTY CHIEFS. I PLAN ON STICKING AROUND TO SEE THE 10TH AND THE 4TH.

WE HAVE BECOME A DEPARTMENT OF CHEATERS!! WHERE WE WERE ONCE THE TRENDSETTERS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT (AFTER LAPD LOST THE TITLE) NOW WE ARE REDUCED TO COPYING WHAT OTHER AGENCIES ARE DOING INSTEAD OF BEING THE LAW ENFORCEMENT LEADERS.

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE... THE MONEY THAT WAS SPENT ON THE COMPSTAT ROOM COULD HAVE BEEN USED TO UPGRADE THE ROLL CALL ROOM. OH I FORGOT, CENTRAL HAD TO GO WITHOUT A ROLL CALL ROOM AND WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET A SPACE WHEN SOS MOVED TO THE BUILDING THE CITY ONLY HAS ONE YEAR LEASE ON. WAY TO SPEND TAX PAYERS MONEY!!! :roll:

12-24-2008, 04:09 AM
A village out there is missing several idiots,they seem to have snuck in and taken up residence in the Miami police Department pretending to be real staff members