PDA

View Full Version : inweekly.net

08-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Anyone else go to this website and see all the salaries that the Sheriff is paying his cronies? Pretty amazing!

08-10-2007, 05:46 AM
The story:

http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=5108

More salaries:

http://www.inweekly.net/County_Salary.asp?postback=p

08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
The only problem with the salary request, is that it doesnt contain the date of hire. The 32k deputy has one year of service and the 80K lieutenant has 20+ years of service.

I only have problems with those hired in the last 6 years making 50k or more per yesar, but understand when a 18-25 year employee is in that same range of pay. Shouldn't time on the job be worth something?

All those 1st class deputies have 10+ years of service.
All of the senior deputies have 15+ years of service.
All master deputies have 20+ years of service
Each grade also requires a specific amount of additional training which must be obtained during the five years period prior to obtaining the upgrade.

Surprisingly this list doesnt include those contract employees hired through Landrum. If you are surprised at these salaries you should see what the special contract (good ol' boys) are being paid. Those salaries are real eye openers. :shock:

08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Maybe the Independent will do a follow up story on the Landrum "ghost" employees and the next issue list all the Corrections Lts. and Sgt. with their salaries. The only ones listed in the jail were the Captains.

08-10-2007, 08:55 PM
The corrections Lieutenants and Sergeants were listed. They have the title Detention Sergeant and Detention Lieutenant..

Totals:
3 - Captains
10 - Lieutenants
32 - Sergeants

(12 just reclassified from Corporals due to the elimination of the Corporal rank)

08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I was amazed to see the salaries paid then was even more amazed when I learned that the salaries shown in the Independent story is not the whole picture. Evidently the real cost of each of those persons listed is the salary shown—PLUS an additional 25-30% for their benefits package such as paid insurance, retirement plan, workers comp and in some cases the furnished full time use of an automobile with an unlimited supply of gas. What a sweet deal for the employees, but not so sweet for us taxpayers.

08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Those who are having trouble accepting the fact that many if not most taxpayers cannot accept the idea of public employees being paid huge salaries who’s only qualifying job requirements is to have a High school education and a few years on the job, are living in La-La land. I suspect those making the most noise about the information published by the Independent are those who are being paid the 80, 90 and $100,000 and more for a cushion job sitting in an air conditioned office all day Monday thru Friday and taking two hour lunch breaks every day. I haven’t read the first post that questioned the pay of the regular working deputies. As a matter of fact, most are posting and recognizing they should be paid better. It’s the others that are being questioned regardless as to all the hoop-la about them being deserving of the huge salaries because they have seniority. I learned a long time ago that all it takes to get seniority is to be able to breathe. Those who are defending the 80-100,000 plus salaries should read page 29 of this week’s issue of the Independent. There they’ll find an advertisement from the UWF advertising for a Continuing Education Communications Coordinator for the salary range of $32,000 to $39,000. The minimum qualifications for that job are listed as; “Batchelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.” The PNJ routinely runs ads from the private sector and you never see any jobs advertised for 80- $100.000. How many of the County employees who are in the $80,000 and above salary range have more than a high school education. Not many. Those who are using the many years of seniority as the justification for hiring employees at high salaries in the 80-100,000 area cannot use the seniority argument for those hired recently. McNesby and the County Commission appear to be the guiltiest of hiring and paying employees inflated salaries. There’s only one explanation for their actions and in one word it’s called “Politics” at the expense off all Escambia taxpayers.

08-26-2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.inweekly.net/images/articles/articles/full/art_1713_img_Cover081105.jpg

08-26-2007, 09:12 PM
What are you clowns going to do when he gets re-elected? :lol: