PDA

View Full Version : FLEET

08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
What is the deal with fleet? It seems like someone is always quiting........hmmmm.

08-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Because management is a mess at the fleet maintenance! :roll:

08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't know about anyone quitting at the shop, but I do know that the shop has never been more inefficient than it currently is. I know of several instances where simple equipment installs have take 4 to 6 weeks. There is poor communication and no meaningful coordination between the mechanical shop and the radio shop.

The shop was run very efficiently, and friendlier I might ad, when the guy that is now in IT. was running it.

Sean has his own little kingdom, and he runs it without oversight.

08-19-2007, 07:22 PM
nobody has left there other than a couple of entry level techs...think they found greener pastures

08-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Is this all the comments about the shop? Does anyone have as much problems as I do?

08-27-2007, 12:21 AM
the shop seems to do the easiest and quickest way possible to fix anything. i know it is frustraiting that the shop has your car for days just to do a simple repair that takes maybe half an hour. they seem to leave all the extra pieces on the floor, like wire crippings, wire tie ends and extra screws. the fist thing you have to do is clean up what the shop worker left. once i got my car back and it looked as if the entire trunck was tossed out and just piled back in. i seriously started to make a complaint, but was talked out of it by my boss. it just seems that the quallity of work, car care, and respect for the drivers have flew out the window. i would never take my p.o.v to this shop if it was for public use, and then again, they would probably not be in business very long. :roll:

08-27-2007, 12:22 AM
the shop seems to do the easiest and quickest way possible to fix anything. i know it is frustraiting that the shop has your car for days just to do a simple repair that takes maybe half an hour. they seem to leave all the extra pieces on the floor, like wire crippings, wire tie ends and extra screws. the fist thing you have to do is clean up what the shop worker left. once i got my car back and it looked as if the entire trunck was tossed out and just piled back in. i seriously started to make a complaint, but was talked out of it by my boss. it just seems that the quallity of work, car care, and respect for the drivers have flew out the window. i would never take my p.o.v to this shop if it was for public use, and then again, they would probably not be in business very long. :roll:

08-28-2007, 01:32 AM
anyone who complains about the shop has definately not been here very long. Sean has brought the shop out of the dark ages. Anyone who remembers the days of having to bribe Stan with 12 packs of Mountain Dew to get anything done will agree. It's definately not perfect, but it is better than the days of old!! Don't forget, we used to have trustees doing oil changes and brake jobs!!

08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Now they just lay tile at RF's house!

08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't be *****in too much untill you spend a week or so in there shoes...then you may change your mind...I have done some time there,they are a decent bunch of guys and have pride in their work...before you complain about some wires and stuff maybe you should make sure it was them and not a vendor..And how did your car look when you took it to them...just a thought :wink:

09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
i have worked here along time, fleet is the most unorganized and officer nonfriendly as i have ever seen it.

p.s. and i won't even start with the guy in the radio shop, he needs to be replaced with anyone that can at least answer the phone and be polite!

Red Rocket
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Those poor *(Guys) are still working in the same building after all these years. If they had what they needed, things might be a little better.

I still remember the way things were 10-15 years ago. Believe it or not they have improved alot.

* Edited by Mod 167 for language content

Hughjorgan
10-09-2007, 10:40 PM
The Radio guy yelled at me too....

DevilDogg
10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
The radio guy is great. Just don't walk in there like he owes you something, realize he's got a thankless job, and tell him thank you when you leave. Every other visit after that, you will be recognized as someone who is a stand up guy and he'll break his back to help you out.

10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Angry Joe can certainly be grumpy but if you are nice, he will bail you out of a jam. He's done it for me a few times.

I think he inherited the cell phone fiasco for a while and know he didn't enjoy it.

10-15-2007, 11:48 PM
If you "forget" a bottle of Chivas in his office you won't have any problems ever again.

10-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Agreed, shouldn't have to politic, kiss up and bribe simply to get essential equipment.

10-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Ask NN dayshift about it.

10-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Ask NN dayshift about it.

What do you mean by that?

10-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Agreed, shouldn't have to politic, kiss up and bribe simply to get essential equipment.
Amen, i dread going to his office for anything. he has always complained about the uppers, and maybe due, but it does get old. He treats you very bad and it is like pulling teeth to replace anything. i remember once he told me i need a letter from bloom to replace a broken radio holder. i just left and had another coworker get a new one later. he never answers the telephone, i have seen him ignore it as it rang. he needs to be reassigned like tiffany was and geet things back on track with the radio shop.

10-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Amen, i dread going to his office for anything. he has always complained about the uppers, and maybe due, but it does get old. He treats you very bad and it is like pulling teeth to replace anything. i remember once he told me i need a letter from bloom to replace a broken radio holder. i just left and had another coworker get a new one later. he never answers the telephone, i have seen him ignore it as it rang. he needs to be reassigned like tiffany was and geet things back on track with the radio shop.

10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
They should make him the PIO and send Bridgy back to the NDN - what great press conferences we would have!

10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
They should make him the PIO and send Bridgy back to the NDN - what great press conferences we would have!
ALL FACTS AND NO BULL!

10-17-2007, 04:31 AM
The radio guy is great. Just don't walk in there like he owes you something, realize he's got a thankless job, and tell him thank you when you leave. Every other visit after that, you will be recognized as someone who is a stand up guy and he'll break his back to help you out.

oh but Sean and the shop are the keystone cops...give me a breakl...just shows you got no clue

10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
* This post was removed by MOD 167 due to a violation of our policy.

veteranrookie
10-17-2007, 08:18 PM
* This post was removed by MOD 167 due to a violation of our policy.

And I was just thinking about how boring it was going to be to read a post by another "guest."

The Moderator was reading my mind, apparently.

AKOVENDETTA
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I have never had a problem with Joe Agrumpy; you listen to him whine, he tells a few jokes and you get what you need and leave.

10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, veteran rookie, you posts are absolutely riveting! What are compensating for with all this military and law enforcement stuff?

Curios George
10-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah, veteran rookie, you posts are absolutely riveting! What are compensating for with all this military and law enforcement stuff?

At least I can understand what he writes 8)

10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Compromised level of understanding George?

10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Rookie...who is your daddy?????????? George??????????????!!!!!!!! I suspect Sean in the Fleet department will run for Sheriff. Is this true?

10-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Compromised level of understanding George?

NO - another guest who has a problem communicating in an intelligent written format ie..."What are compensating for with all this military and law enforcement stuff?"

My 5th grader can write a better sentence. I hope you are just a civilian posing to be a cop.

10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Rookie...who is your daddy?????????? George??????????????!!!!!!!! I suspect Sean in the Fleet department will run for Sheriff. Is this true?

At least Sean has more qualifications to be Sheriff than Ortino :!:

veteranrookie
10-19-2007, 07:27 PM

This is probably a waste of time seeing as how you can't post under a registered name but I'll entertain it with a rebuttle.

The only "compensator" I'm familiar with is the one that was attached to the end of my weapon. I am quite proud of the fact that Uncle Sam let me carry that weapon and fight for your ability to sit back and criticize me about something you probably have no understanding of. What I'm referring to is pride. A sense of self-worth.

Go work it out...

10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
So you are the only veteran? Hey nice to meet you, and thank you for your service...let me guess...enlisted?

veteranrookie
10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, not the ONLY veteran just a proud one.

And yes, enlisted. Army too, if you were wondering.

10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Well the cats out of the bag! Sean for Sheriff!! If Rambosk wasn't running, that actually might be a pretty interesting change. I'd vote for him. Maybe 2012 ??

10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
whoo iz the ipposter using my name? and their are those out there who call me all sorts off bad things. you gott know balls. oritino, rammbask, hunter... write now i got no opiniion four any of them and will make no cmments abowt any of them. as i said you got no balls.

Curios George
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
whoo iz the ipposter using my name? and their are those out there who call me all sorts off bad things. you gott know balls. oritino, rammbask, hunter... write now i got no opiniion four any of them and will make no cmments abowt any of them. as i said you got no balls.

Thats because you have not registered your screen name. What are you waitng for? ksobmar, onintro, revird omil, neas... :wink:

veteranrookie
10-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Thats because you have not registered your screen name. What are you waitng for? ksobmar, onintro, revird omil, neas... :wink:

nah, I think he's waitng for tnemeriter

10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
imatation is the sinserest form oof faltery. you will all no when its reely me and when it s some imp poster. :)

time for a new shseriff -- witch we are gooing to git -- AND time for a neww admin and top staf.

12-09-2007, 04:40 AM
It seems to be no better these days. Why do they not fix things the first time? I am still having problems for the same issues as original issues months ago. maybe prb should look into this?

12-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey dumb a$$, where do you think the prb cars get worked on? Stop whining and enjoy the free gas for your take home vehilce.

02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
FLEET IS A JOKE! SEAN DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW TO RUN THE PLACE. HE TREATS DEPUTIES LIKE DIRT. THEN WONDERS WHY EVERYONE THINKS HE IS A D---. WONDER IF HE TREATS HIS CUSTOMERS AT THE BASS PRO SHOP LIKE THAT.....HMMMM

fourjays
02-18-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't know what you have done to piss him off, but he has always bent over backwards form me... Maybe you should be nice and understand your car is only one out of a thousand in the fleet and you might get somewhere...

02-18-2008, 07:51 PM
fourjays, your "eye"con is giving me the creeps. Change it!

02-22-2008, 03:12 AM
There needs to be an understanding that there are hundreds of cars in the fleet and some fixes/installs will take longer than you like to hear.

(The remainder of this post was deleted by Mod 167 due to Terms of Use violation)

HARD CANDY
04-13-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't mind waiting for an appointment. What gets me is when the vehicle has to be returned 3-4 times for the same problem.
Hey SW do the PRB vehicles get returned that many times or do you personally inspect them?
Well lets just not pick on PRB, lets be fair, how many chiefs or captains vehicles are returned with the same problem?
SW enjoy the ride as sooner or later the truth will come out.

04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't mind waiting for an appointment. What gets me is when the vehicle has to be returned 3-4 times for the same problem.
Hey SW do the PRB vehicles get returned that many times or do you personally inspect them?
Well lets just not pick on PRB, lets be fair, how many chiefs or captains vehicles are returned with the same problem?
SW enjoy the ride as sooner or later the truth will come out.

Leave the mechanics alone!!

That would be like a mechanic asking you why there continues to be burglaries in your district when you patrol it every night. Then stating that he bets there are no burglaries in the neighborhoods of the command staff and PRB...

Always complaining about something you know nothing about...Ignorant...just plain IGNORANT!!

HARD CANDY
04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Cupid,
You compare buglaries with working on a vehicle the same and then call me ignorant.
All I was saying was I bet there is special attention paid to their vehicles.
Lighten up you will get an ulcer.

04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Cupid,
You compare buglaries with working on a vehicle the same and then call me ignorant.

What I am saying is that some things are just out of our control no matter how hard we tried to prevent or fix something.

I will lighten up if the deputies will lighten up on the mechanics. They are in the same boat as us...under paid and over-worked with little respect. Try being a little appreciative and understanding and I bet your experience with the shop will be a psoitive one... just like a citizen would have with you if they treated you with respect and appreciation.

The golden rule; has it been forgotten?

Do onto others as you would want them to do onto you!!

04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
My car just went in for the third time for the same thing, darn now I have to eat my words.

HARD CANDY
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Cupid,

What I am saying is that some things are just out of our control no matter how hard we tried to prevent or fix something.

I will lighten up if the deputies will lighten up on the mechanics. They are in the same boat as us...under paid and over-worked with little respect. Try being a little appreciative and understanding and I bet your experience with the shop will be a psoitive one... just like a citizen would have with you if they treated you with respect and appreciation.

The golden rule; has it been forgotten?

Do onto others as you would want them to do onto you!!

Here is a thought, if the vehicles did not have to go back 3 or 4 times maybe they wouldn't be so over worked.

SW enjoy the ride, the truth will come out.

04-16-2008, 11:09 PM
I like the guys in the shop, but I have experienced the same thing. Not 3-4 times. But a few returnes.
I heard DL in STEB bragging about if you bring them goodies they let you in the shop area rather than wait in the waiting room and watch as they do the work.
Cookies anyone?

04-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I haven't heard that lately, but back in the day, a 12 pack of Mountain Dew to Stan would get you any electronic gizmo or lightbar you wanted.

04-17-2008, 10:44 PM
DL has a trunk full of goodies in the back of the expedition. I saw a ding dong and little debbie fall out the back one day when he was getting out the scales. He quickly made some excuse that it was evidence or something.

HARD CANDY
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I haven't heard that lately, but back in the day, a 12 pack of Mountain Dew to Stan would get you any electronic gizmo or lightbar you wanted.

While getting gas I have seen the goodies come out and DL stay and watch the mechanics.

05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
what's gonna happen now that their best Mechanic has retired??? :? :shock:

veteranrookie
05-05-2008, 04:44 AM
speaking of the shop, a rumor caught up to me the other day. I rarely get the opportunity to hear rumors so I'll share it with the world on here. lol

Someone (and I use the word "someone" because it was probably 3rd, 4th or 10th party info before this person got it) told me that the agency might want to get away from the take home car incentive and start rotating them (the cars).

I argued that that was just plain silly because of the chaos that would insue if they did want to do that. Does anyone see this in our future? And would we go to something like LCSO has where the rookies rotate on a car until they reach a time in service point and then get their own vehicle?

I say the rumor is goofy and next to impossible to implement at best. This rumor also struck me as funny because every certified D/S has an issued vehicle at this point; why the need to rotate on the vehicles unless the new guys coming in are not going to have one available? Is this another one of those "the sky is falling" rumors because of our budget issues? Any comments? Any better rumors out there? lol

05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
what's gonna happen now that their best Mechanic has retired??? :? :shock:

They will hire a young guy apprentice and mold him into a better mechanic. Larry, Randy and John are very good mechanics too and will fill the void left by Jose.

05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
take homes=rumor