PDA

View Full Version : FHP CAR WASH

08-04-2007, 04:17 PM
FHP CAN NO LONGER GET THEIR CAR WASHED BY THE COUNTY PRISONERS AT THE ESCAMBIA COUNTY TRANSIT CENTER ON NORTH L STREET.

A PHONE CALL WAS MADE TO ESCAMBIA SHERIFF'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS. THE SHORT ANSWER WAS "WATER AND SOAP IS TOO EXPENSIVE"

SHERIFF...... WHY IS THIS? CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?

08-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd love for him to have said "I'm tired of you writing my deputies tickets in both agency and personal vehicles. I'm tired of you refusing to work traffic crimes, i.e. someone getting intentionally run over in a parking lot. And I'm tired of state agencies mandating millions of dollars of expenditures while at the same time cutting my budget to the point of possible lay offs."

I guess, "Water and soap are too expensive" will have to do.

08-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I ran into a deputy sheriff last night and he asked me "do you remember me?" I honestly did not remember him. He said "you stopped me the other day." OK..... I said.

Apparently I stopped him for speeding and told him "take care and be careful" That was it. My point is..... I never take this job personal and I believe in treating other Law Enforcement officers as family.

Have a nice day and remember there are more of "them" than there is of "us".

PS

I don't mind washing my own car. Thanks for all you do!

08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
trooper, if all of your employees had your attitude then we could all get along. I know several deputies that were stopped while off duty with their families that have gotten tickets. One of them even helped the trooper that wrote him the night before with a runner. I am not saying it is alright for LEO's to break the laws just because we are LEO's but I know I have issued more warnings than tickets in my lifetime than tickets and I don't see why one of those warning tickets couldn't be reserved for the fellow officer.

08-05-2007, 09:06 PM
The above post was copied and pasted out of the FHP forum but while we are on the topic, how about our K-9 officer who went out tracking a suspect in the woods for your trooper (no help from the trooper). He located the guy. Several nights later the same trooper stopped the same deputy in his POV. The deputy asked him if he remembered him and the trooper stated he did and stroked him not only a ticket for speeding but another for not having his DL on his person. 2 tickets.

After that if the soap costs a penny its too much. Police your own and knock that crap off.

08-06-2007, 12:17 AM
I have heard about the incident you are refering too and I did copy a previous post of mine in this forum because I felt like it was warranted.

Frankly, it sickens me that the Trooper issued the fellow officer a citation. It was brought to his attention that his actions reflect on all of us in the Department. Im not just speaking for myself, but our entire district from command on down..... we were very disappointed with his actions.

You know, I've wrestled with drunks in ditches and depended on the green uniforms to back me up. I've seen officers shot and bleeding being loaded into a waiting air ambulance only to find out later that they both died on the way to the hospital (Charles Street - Dade County 1988). I've attended way too many funerals for fellow officers that lost their lives doing our jobs. I've seen their family, friends and coworkers grieve. I understand the dangers of this job and respect all whom are sworn to do our duty.

I completely understand your anger and sincerely apoligize for the actions of that particular Trooper. The patrol as well as the citizens of this state depend on you and appreciate what you do.

08-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Now see, a trooper like you I'd help wash your car. You got way to many young guys who don't understand. And your brass wants no heat for using discretion on local officer accidents. I was just venting. Most of you guys are alright, but self-righteousness has no place in police work.