PDA

View Full Version : jail

08-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Rumor or fact? Does anyone know if the captain is staying or moving out? Alot of tension in the building.

08-03-2007, 09:13 PM
He is going to ICE school for 5 weeks and then returning. He is not going anywhere. Especially after receiving this training.

If there is tension in the building, take two shots of your favorite spirit and get a grip on reality. 8)

08-04-2007, 12:45 AM
You know how rumor turns into fact around here. Thought ICE was going to break off from the jail? Take Dr CCSO's prescription it is going to be a long haul.

08-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Hopefully he will go and stay away. We are better off without him. Making him a captain was one of Sheriff Hunters BIGGEST mistakes ever.

08-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Bi polar people shouldn't be promoted any higher than Corporal.

08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
This post was removed due to violation of the Terms of Use Agreement. Please read the following so there is no misunderstanding about our Terms of Use. You are free to post your views or opinions as long as it meets what you have agreed to by participating on this site:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

Mod 167

08-04-2007, 05:53 PM
guess nobody knows

veteranrookie
08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Hopefully he will go and stay away. We are better off without him. Making him a captain was one of Sheriff Hunters BIGGEST mistakes ever.

This Captain has made it possible to have all the equipment needed to do the job in that jail. From what I understand the jail has come 180 degrees from what it was after he took that job. Sounds to me like he's earning his paycheck, are you? or did you just scribble in that jailcheck that you never actually made? You should be thanking him, not slamming his name behind his back. That's pretty weak if you ask me, guest.

Paparazzi LEO
08-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I agree Vetranrookie. The jail is in better shape now than it has ever been in.

08-05-2007, 04:56 AM
hey mod, that deleted post may have been good. you should rule liberally, based on that whole freedom of speech thingy...i guess you have a bias?

mod 167
08-05-2007, 07:50 AM
hey mod, that deleted post may have been good. you should rule liberally, based on that whole freedom of speech thingy...i guess you have a bias?

Hey Guest,

I would kindly suggest that you should read the rules. I have even made it easy for you by placing the rules in the place of the deleted post. If you want I can highlight the part in red that you failed to comply with.

If you still do not understand and request your style “Freedom of Speech Thingy” then I guess you can always start your own forum and make your own rules.

Until then, you will have to follow our rules or find another place to stir the pot.

Mod 167

08-05-2007, 12:54 PM
First of all, I have read and understand the rules. Second, the deleted post was not mine. As a tertiary point, I just wondered what was stated in the post that was deleted - the subject of the thread is always controversial. You let a "bi polar" (sic) reference go - I was ponderous as to how much worse the deleted post could have been.

On a lighter note, I don't want to make you mad - your avatar makes me shiver :lol:

08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I tried to post under Guest, but was unable to due to the username being taken. MMM. I have to agree there has been change for the better in the Jail, but the Captain cannot control what he does not know(Same goes with the Sheriff). There is a communications gap between him and his Line Supervisors, but that could all change if they would speak up during their meetings and if they fear retaliation by the Lieutenants, request a meeting where their Lieutenants are not present.

SPEAK UP AND BE HEARD!

Paradise
08-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I agree I’ve been Everywhere!! Nice post!

As for Guest, I read the post that the MOD deleted and he was right for doing so. It accused the Captain of wrong doing to the point that if it were true then they would be PRB issues. Since NO facts to substantiate the information was included in the post and it was posted without a registered screen name it was deleted and rightfully so!! Guest post was very malicious and uncalled for.

As for the Bi-Polar comment, it was made as a general statement and could apply to anyone although we know what he really meant by reading between the lines. I guess that is a judgment call.

I would just like to say that I think our MOD does an excellent job moderating this forum. The MOD has been fair and consistent. Does not interfere with the forum and is quick to correct something that is against the policies. The MOD also did a great job in stopping that person attempting to locate a deputy and gain information on him. You can not ask for more than that! Keep up the good work!

08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
I've worked in the jail and since transferred out. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, that's why this thread needs a histroy lesson and reality check.

I was a member of the jail enhancement committee and transition team which implemented improvements generated by the troops. Each housing area was cleaned up & painted, deputies were trained and inmates were re-educated that the rules & regs would be enforced consistantly, and there was finally accountability among the shift supervisors.

The system worked with documented and proven results-- better inmate behavior and less grievances/disturbances. But, it wasn't the new capain's idea, so a great operation came to an abrupt end.

There was a separate, troop-driven group that initiated the equipment issue and put that into action as the new captain was named. He inherited that accomplishment.

We were in a state of shock and disbelief when the same sgt who earned his OT by putting his feet up @ Four Corners and watching ball games on a TV he wheeled out into the hallway for himslef (and interested inmate workers) was named the new captain.

If you've ever attended a supervisor's mtg, you would know that the "communications gap" exists at his level. Those brave enough to speak up or voice their opinion are subjected to a verbal "smackdown" in fron of their peers. So, it doesn't take long to learn that you shouldn't do it. Besides, it's easier to rely on the "buddy" promotional system.

And please don't admonish someone on this thread fro "slamming his name behind his back". Apparently, you have not been in the "intersanctum" where that is done on a regular basis instead of having the brass to "man up" and talk to someone straight up.

I still communicate with a few who remain from those days and that "180 degree turn" is non-existent. He started the specialty units, but what good does that do if your daily operation is running amuck.

Relax, if he leaves then teh real brains behind the operation will be in charge, not just acting.

The culture and ethics of that facility come from the top down.

08-08-2007, 03:58 AM
i have sum knowlidge of this topic concernin the jail. the guest was quite corrrect in stayting that the sheriiff mayde a big mistake in makin the acaptain a captain. howevur the captain fits in with the cerrent admin in that he is a hypocrit and adhears to the do as i say not as i do ---- or did --- stile of mamagment. its time for a new admin and a new sherif.

veteranrookie
08-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Monkey see/Monkey Do,

Your stated opinion was articulate but I can't agree with you. I too worked in the Jail but was never a member of the "Hug an Inmate" Enhancement Committee so I can't speak to that issue. In my opinion, the Jail has certainly changed for the better. When you have the ear of the Sheriff, as seems to be the case for this Cpt., credit is due to you for the facilitation of some good changes in the Jail. That is how I see it.

The point that you failed to get from my previous post, is this. How can you talk smack about how a person does his/her job when you have never had the responsibility he/she bears? It's weak to take shots at someone, especially when it only serves the purpose of dissidence. I never could wrap my brain around the idea of disrespecting my leaders. RESPECT for someone in a position of rank higher than you must be something you and the "guest poster" do not possess. That, in and of itself, is an obvious reason why you are not wearing this Cpt's shoes. As the adage says, "To be a Leader, you must be able to be led."

From my viewpoint I can't see an argumentative point that the statement, "Making him a captain was one of Sheriff Hunters BIGGEST mistakes ever.", makes. This statement offers nothing to the forum. It's a slam and, as outlined in the user agreement, is unruly and devoid of respectable behavior.

08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I believe the the truth in this debate, as with most, is somewhere in the middle. I believe the Captain does a decent job in the jail, and is light years ahead of the old administrators (RC). I believe much to the heartburn comes because of the things the Captain did before he was doinked. I have worked with him. I have observed him. I even like him; however, I do not believe he has been the best of people (on or off of the field). I know of his old tricks - hell, I know of his old trips!

In the end I believe he is doing a good job in a terrible place.

08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
So in other words if one can manage and has the ear of the sheriff ones lack of character and morality or any other redeeming virtue is not of concern. What one does that may be unethical or immoral on or off duty is fine as long as you can do the job you have been assigned. I see. Interesting. Hypocritical and totally inconsistent (as usual) but interesting.

Somebody pass the kool-aid...

08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
So in other words if one can manage and has the ear of the sheriff ones lack of character and morality or any other redeeming virtue is not of concern. What one does that may be unethical or immoral on or off duty is fine as long as you can do the job you have been assigned. I see. Interesting. Hypocritical and totally inconsistent (as usual) but interesting.

Somebody pass the kool-aid...

If you think that NO ONE has any skeletons in their closet, you are the one drinking Kool-Aid.

08-09-2007, 12:19 AM
To Veteranrookie.... RESPECT must be earned. If the Captain does not have the respect of his subordinates, he must not have earned it.

08-09-2007, 12:46 AM
two doktor CCSO: sure we all have skeletons. i got some reel wowzers. whats your point? yoou missed the point made bye the anonymous arthor. i got his/her point; that as has bean said here sooo many times and iis so true this agency is terribly annd panefully inconsistent in what its expeckts of the many but oveerlooks in the some. hipypocrisy. and so many sycophants and mermedons (<-- goode words huh?) mearrily go along singing the company line blinnded by there rose colored glassses as to the realty of our humble little organization.

it is tyme for chnge and time for an new seriff an and new aministration fomr a bout evry liartennant and cmmmander on up to the cptins and cheefs.

the big Q is swhetheer or not anyone willl want to take on the tak of cleeningg th is place up.

08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
To retnuh,

Take the DR's advice:

Drop the stupid spelling crap and change your identity. Everyone who speaks of this forum states that they are tired of reading your rediculous posts.

It is not the message but how you deliver it.

Take two shots of spirit, GROW UP and try again tomorrow.

08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Not true! I like Retnuh!

08-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I agree with Dr CCSO. retnuh is getting a little out of hand. At first the occasional mis-spell word was funny, but now it's just obscene. I find myself not reading his posts because it gives me a headache. Retnuh, if you want people to listen to you, get a dictionary!

08-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Keep it up Retnuh. So you can't spell. You speak your opinion and the truth, and the ones who disagree with you attack you and your spelling, not the points that you make. You guys leave Retnuh alone and don't read him if you don't want to.

08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
hey retnuh - aren't you afraid that the admin is going to figure out who you are and take action? lord knows there are no secrets around here. careful, you days may be numbered.

08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
why dont peeple like me. i sppell like i spell to ilistrate and mirrer what i see goin on in the agency. once agan as i have said from the start this is a nise place and a good place. shriffe Hunter has done much goood but has in resent years lost it. it is in my opinyun time for him to go and time for his amdmin to go as well.

nah i dont worry bout the admin. so i think its timme for a new sheriff. big deal. till then i will do as i do and support the shrif and his policy and his rules and do the best job i cann dew. nutthin disloyal in that nothing anti CCSO in that nothing but my opinion based on lots of years of service and wittnesing what i have scene. like the one gest said its tooo bad some peeple attak me for my spellin and my opiinion and not for the facts or substance of what i brin g forwerd.

rose colored glassses and kool ade all around. me well i never tuch the stuf.

:P

Curios George
08-10-2007, 02:57 AM
why dont peeple like me. i sppell like i spell to ilistrate and mirrer what i see goin on in the agency. once agan as i have said from the start this is a nise place and a good place. shriffe Hunter has done much goood but has in resent years lost it. it is in my opinyun time for him to go and time for his amdmin to go as well.

nah i dont worry bout the admin. so i think its timme for a new sheriff. big deal. till then i will do as i do and support the shrif and his policy and his rules and do the best job i cann dew. nutthin disloyal in that nothing anti CCSO in that nothing but my opinion based on lots of years of service and wittnesing what i have scene. like the one gest said its tooo bad some peeple attak me for my spellin and my opiinion and not for the facts or substance of what i brin g forwerd.

rose colored glassses and kool ade all around. me well i never tuch the stuf.

:P

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah,

luv ritna

08-10-2007, 05:06 AM
retnuh you crack me up. please keep it up and dont let the kool-ade drinkers slow you down. there are more of us that share your views then george and paradise would ever know.

Curios George
08-11-2007, 02:53 AM
retnuh you crack me up. please keep it up and dont let the kool-ade drinkers slow you down. there are more of us that share your views then george and paradise would ever know.

You must associate with a very small crowd. Try asking around and you will find out that most will agree that they do not have a problem with his message or viewpoint but everyone is tired of reading the misspelling of his posts. In fact, a lot of people tell me that they do not even read his posts anymore that it is not worth their time to try and decipher what he has written only to learn that he repeated himself one more time...

To each his own; the election will validate the kool-aid recipe. 8)

08-11-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah...and "mousercise" went triple platinum...doesn't mean it was a good album...just a bunch of idiots liked it.

veteranrookie
08-12-2007, 04:56 PM
To Veteranrookie.... RESPECT must be earned. If the Captain does not have the respect of his subordinates, he must not have earned it.

So because it was not earned means that the disrespect for him has to be perpetuated by slander? That seems to me to be a very "civilian minded" way of thinking. Doesn't seem to make sense in a place where a "chain of command" is in place.

08-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Slander is the spoken word.

08-12-2007, 06:50 PM

So because it was not earned means that the disrespect for him has to be perpetuated by slander? That seems to me to be a very "civilian minded" way of thinking. Doesn't seem to make sense in a place where a "chain of command" is in place.

I don't mean any disrespect butl it sounds like the Captain has helped you out a little or you like kissing butt. :lol: If not then you are blind. :?: I too have worked in side the jail, and I agree with you the Capt. has did SOME good. I have to say the SOME good does not out weigh the LOTS of bad he does. The Capt. is very inconsistant with every thing he does. One of the biggest things you learn when you are training to work in any prison system is consistancy. Every C.O need's to be firm, fare and have have control and be consistant to be an effective C.O. Well I belive that a good supervisor also need's to have this same skill's from Sgt. to Sheriff and from my own dealing's with alot of the command staff they do not posess this skill's. Capt. does not have these quality's and I don't think he ever did. He is the first on to belittle you when you go to him with an idea or guestion. He helps dish out punishment's to Deputies when he in fact has f'ed up more then any one in the agency but he still has a job. If he does not like you for some reason, he makes your life hell untill you can transfer. I can keep going on and on but I'm sure you get the idea. I'm not saying that he didn't do a hell of a job with the jail but it's time for him to go and for the Sheriff to but somebody else in charge to continue improving the jail. Right now the jail is at a stand still with progress and needs a kick in the butt to get it moving again.

08-12-2007, 09:08 PM
veteranrookie wrote:
Guest5 wrote:

To Veteranrookie...Following orders of supervisors in a "chain of command" environment is one thing, but "respect" is a whole different ballgame. People can and will follow orders; however that doesn't mean they respect the person giving those orders. Again, that must be earned.

veteranrookie
08-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Ok, I will draw a picture for you so you understand:

When you say to a subordinate or inmate, "You have to do this because the Captain said so."

That undermines your ability to be in charge, period.

Now, when you say, "Do this because I said so."

That says to the subordinate/inmate that you are the person in control, not the person above you. It leaves no room for error. No room for questioning.

You see? You lose or gain control based on your ability to seize it.

This is Leadership 101. When you figure it out, your life will mean so much more to you and you won't sit back and blame someone in a position of percieved power for the mistakes that were made by you and your lack of ability to take control of a situation.

This is what I see when I look at your posts on this forum. A lack of the ability to take control of your life. Let's blame somebody else for the f*ck ups I make....That's what I see.

Give a solution...the problem has already been outlined a million times before. Wake Up!

I'm too young to have to be dropping this knowledge on some of you people (guest05). Now if this advice was not news to you, please help me knock some sense into these morons that just spew hate about someone because of their percieved position of power by the detractors in this agency (like retnuh). Give me a break. You make this job what you want it to be, not some Captain somewhere in some far off land who drums out his will in memos and quarterly meetings. It's the same crap over and over with you guys, "It's "their" fault, "they" are to blame." Wake up and smell it..."THEY" IS YOU!

Take responsibility for what you can control, and leave the rest to God's will.

Paradise
08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Thank you Veteranrookie for saying what George and I have said all along. Just get ready to be lumped in the catagory of Rose Colored Glasses and Kool Aide all because you believe that people are responsible for what they have or have not in this world!

Very well stated and you are not alone in your beliefs!!

08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
VetreranRookie, Are u the Captain? I never blamed the Capt. I just stated facts about the Capt. I bet you were one of the guys that were sucking his......You might have loved the Capt. becuase you were never on the other end of his bullsh@t. This forum is about getting thing out in the open. If you are so blind that you don't see the Capt. for what he his then you must have been one of the ones he got along with. But don't sit there and type onyour computer the the Capt is a Saint. You are not the one sitting in the supervisors meeting geeting belittled for an idea or a problem that could be fixed but won't becuase the Capt. did not come up with the idea himself. Or when you are just trying to follow the Policy book with the disciplne of the inmates and the Capt wants you to do nothing, Or when the medical staff is the one running the show instead of the Deputies becuase the Capt. gives them the power instead of where it belongs. So if your going to respond to me at least read all of my post before saying something studied. I never said the Capt was not respected. I might not like the man or what he has done to a very large selected group but since he is a Capt he will get the respect of a Capt. I stated that the Capt. did move the jail in the right direction but its not moving any more. Yeah the Capt. put the investigation unit into place and the K-9 unit into the jail. There is also the start of the ICE unit. But what about the control of the jail. If you go into that jail you will see that the Deputies don't control the blocks, the inmates do. Thats becuase they have inexperiance Deputies in the blocks, with inexperiance Sgt over those Deputies, and a couple of Lt's that just want the pay not the job. Who can change some of this but seems to be blind about whats going on, thats right the Capt. And do you really think the Capt. is going to the Sheriff with the real things that arte going on oside the jail. Let's get real, the Capt just tells the Sheriff only about the good things and the new units that going on and leaves out the bad becuase the Capt/ wants to keep his job.

I'm not here to change your mind about the Capt. I am only here to voice my opinion and facts about the Capt. and anything else I might have knowledge of.

08-13-2007, 07:44 PM
mee a detractor? i thawt i was a virgo... ... ...

if their was any dout befoer there should be none now afterr some of the lsat posts. it is time four a new shreriff and a hole new set of captains and cheefs.

veteranrookie
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Ah, it's the oh so predictable diversionary rebuttle of "You must be one of the guys sucking his..."

Let's keep in mind the equation I pointed out to you earlier, my friend.
"They"+percieved problem=You are the problem.

08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
No, I am the problem. I must need to go to a meeting. Let it go Rook....this is not the military...those days are over. Let it go...

veteranrookie
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
No, I am the problem. I must need to go to a meeting. Let it go Rook....this is not the military...those days are over. Let it go...

You're right guest..I'm gonna go chill and have a beer or three. :) :wink:

08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Ah, it's the oh so predictable diversionary rebuttle of "You must be one of the guys sucking his..."

Let's keep in mind the equation I pointed out to you earlier, my friend.
"They"+percieved problem=You are the problem.

Again you only rebut the things written about you. That's becuase what i wrote about the Capt. is the truth. I'm not the problem due to the fact I nolonger have any intrest in the jail. I no longer work in that hell hole. When I did and I tried to fix some of the problems I was shut down by your Capt. I do have some really good friends that still work there and still put up with every day bull sh@t that goes on in there. If you love the Capt. so much why don't you go back to the jail and make some changes....I'm sure he will listen to you.

I RESPECT THE RANK OF CAPTAIN, I DON'T HAVE TO RESPECT THE PERSON WHO IS THE CAPTAIN.

RESPECT OF AN INDIVIDUAL IS EARNED, NOT A RIGHT.

09-06-2007, 12:42 AM
I've worked in the jail and since transferred out. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, that's why this thread needs a histroy lesson and reality check.

I was a member of the jail enhancement committee and transition team which implemented improvements generated by the troops. Each housing area was cleaned up & painted, deputies were trained and inmates were re-educated that the rules & regs would be enforced consistantly, and there was finally accountability among the shift supervisors.

The system worked with documented and proven results-- better inmate behavior and less grievances/disturbances. But, it wasn't the new capain's idea, so a great operation came to an abrupt end.

There was a separate, troop-driven group that initiated the equipment issue and put that into action as the new captain was named. He inherited that accomplishment.

We were in a state of shock and disbelief when the same sgt who earned his OT by putting his feet up @ Four Corners and watching ball games on a TV he wheeled out into the hallway for himslef (and interested inmate workers) was named the new captain.

If you've ever attended a supervisor's mtg, you would know that the "communications gap" exists at his level. Those brave enough to speak up or voice their opinion are subjected to a verbal "smackdown" in fron of their peers. So, it doesn't take long to learn that you shouldn't do it. Besides, it's easier to rely on the "buddy" promotional system.

And please don't admonish someone on this thread fro "slamming his name behind his back". Apparently, you have not been in the "intersanctum" where that is done on a regular basis instead of having the brass to "man up" and talk to someone straight up.

I still communicate with a few who remain from those days and that "180 degree turn" is non-existent. He started the specialty units, but what good does that do if your daily operation is running amuck.

Relax, if he leaves then teh real brains behind the operation will be in charge, not just acting.

The culture and ethics of that facility come from the top down.

Monkey See/Monkey do is correct, the current capt had nothing to do with the turn around in the jail. He inherited that credit. The purchase of the equipment was initiated long before he took over. Although I do not agree with that the block transition was successful because supervisors were afraid not to give the blocks rewards thereby making the system useless. I was there also, I know the facts. Things began falling apart soon after his "take over" and this is documented. Maybe staff inspections should be public record, they certainly aren't annonomous. I left the jail because it was becoming a disaster and none of the higher ups cared.

Respect is earned regardless of rank. You do not have to respect anyone especially when they are so disrespectful. I was in those meetings and they were a joke. No one cared about the truth of what was going on. The behavior of the captain in those meetings certainly didn't earn him any respect. Maybe they should tape those meetings like they used to tape the meetings at vo-tech. Integrity earns you respect, hard work earns you respect, honesty earns you respect as well as a bunch of other good qualities. Being handed a position you didn't earn, having no knowledge of policies, procedures and laws of the position, and degrading the people under you do not make you deserving of respect regardless of the rank.

09-06-2007, 02:38 AM
I totally agree with you on this. The only thing is that the captain "manages" this way because he is allowed to. It stems from the very top. Yes, DH is this type of manager, too and he has made a bad habit of appointing managers in the same mold, specifically chief of operations, chief of investigations, captain of patrol, and a few others. Yes, it is indeed time for a new sheriff and a good housecleaning in the administration. Moral in the agency would improve vastly with competent management in place. Management by intimidation is not conducive to an effective workplace.