PDA

View Full Version : Stop the complaining and leave!

08-02-2007, 06:37 AM
I can't believe most of the guys I used to work with that planned on leaving when I was there are still *****ing and complaining about the working conditions at Hialeah. They had the chance to leave and now most of you are "stuck" because of the bogus stuff they are adding to your files. Guys nowadays with the cost of living being so high it's all about the money and your dept ain't giving you crap. No take home, hardly any shift differential, low ED pay. Wake up and stop being slaves to this city that doesn't care about it's officers. Get the hell out and stop worrying about contacting PBA and making complaints. You're not going to get anywhere. Davie is still hiring and the background invest. is an ex Hialeah P.O. If not Davie then check out Sunrise, West Palm Beach, BSO to name a few. Anything is better than the crabhole you guys work at.

Check out what other departments are offering:

Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

Correcting erroneous statments:

Once the Sunrise contract is ratified it will reveal the following contrary to what the Coral Springs Officer's posting stated:

Starting Salary will be $49,541.00 as of April 1st 2007

Top-salary fo Officer will be $77,176.00 as of January 1st 2009

Sergeants maximum salary will be $94,032.00 as of January 1st 2009

off duty detail rate will rise to $29.00 by October 2008

A fixed pension contribution will be 9.84%, not 9% as stated

AS OF OCT 2007, CITY OF MIAMI WILL START THEIR OFC AT 47,300 AND TOP OUT AT 77,000. BY OCT 2009 STARTING PAY WILL BE 51,000 AND TOP OUT OF 81,000...NEW 3 YR CONTRACT,..

08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I wish I could leave, but with 11 years on and stripes, I am ****ed!

08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Mr. Davie,

You are correct. Lets use Cuba as an example. How long have the people of Cuba and Cuba north (Hialeah) been waiting for him to die and a change to happen. HPD is no different. If you wait to long you will be stuck and screwed for life. Get out now while you can and do what is best for ou and your family. HPD oes not give a rats ass about you, why should ou care about them.

LEAVE NOW

08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
NORTH MIAMI BEACH POLICE IS HIRING. PLEASE STOP BY AND PICK-UP AN APPLICATION. FIVE YEAR TOP-OUT----BY 2009--$72,000. 59 RATE IS 35.50-----OFFICER TAKES $30.00. FAIR HEALTH AND LIFE INSURANCE BENEFITS. TAKE HOME VEHICLES. $4500.00 FOR COLLEGE A YEAR. PLEASE COME BY AND SEE SGT. TONY SANCHEZ.

STAY SAFE. 8)

08-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Just in case you guys are not aware. Doral has been accepting applications even though they haven't posted it officially. You rooks don't worry about finishing probation because if you do then you'll have too much crap on your file before your probation ends which will scare other dept off. Get out now b4 it's too late!!!!!!!

08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Guys, copy all the posts about the opportunities for HPD POs at other departments. Agencies that pay more and have better benefits, and anonymously mail them to the Mayor! The caption should read: HEY MAYOR . . . WAKE UP! SOON YOU'LL HAVE NO POs TO PATROL THE CITY! THEN WHAT? Mr. CONCEPCION, cos AND BOLANUS, TWO OFFICERS, CITYWIDE, 09 -- QSK?

08-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Here's his address: MayorJRobaina@hialeahfl.gov

Guys let's drop him some emails with other dept salary and send him links to this forum so he could see how disgruntled we are!!!

08-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Here's his address: MayorJRobaina@hialeahfl.gov

Guys let's drop him some emails with other dept salary and send him links to this forum so he could see how disgruntled we are!!!

That's what I am talking about! Don't wait for the PBA or its reps at HPD to champion your cause, they may not! If you want change, you must get it started, one officer at a time. Let Robaina know that Miami-Dade County's second city is in dire need of change within its police department. If he wants to attract business and investments to the city, he must staff and equip a top of the line police agency, worthy of such ventures! Otherwise, Hialeah is destined to be nothing more than a Guava Republic!

Good luck and Gob bless you all!

11-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I MIGHT LEAVE..BUT NOW WITH THIS NEW CHIEF I DONT THINK SO....

11-21-2007, 01:00 AM
I can't believe you people! What is Overton going to be able to do with all the same people in the administration working to keep him down?