PDA

View Full Version : FL Certified

07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if the department is still hiring FL certified officers or is there a hiring freeze? Thanks

07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
The City website still shows the hiring. The Mayor said they will continue to fund support personnel through the next few years. The days of mass hiring are over though.

Good luck.

08-01-2007, 06:18 AM
PUT IN YOUR APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!
Almost every squad is short. Unless you're a minority expect 8-12 months to get hired. We lose 30-50 officers every year just with normal attrition. There have been no lay-offs except for a senior major who will more than likely get to keep his job. The thousands or millions of residents who are gonna leave the state will have a quick change of heart come the first ice storm. If you look around commercial construction is still booming. Tourism is slightly down but is cyclical. The real estate market is in a necessary correction with 150-200% appreciation gains in the last 5-7 years, which simply is not sustainable. The real estate tax problem will be solved when a citizen initative comes to the ballot in November of 2008. I would love to see a constitutional amendment regulating insurance. but that will be a David vs Goliath.

Police Departments nationwide are always hiring and always will be hiring. Apply and wait. Get another job in the meantime and good luck.

If you don't want to wait both Pinellas and Hillsborough are hiring immediately for the jail. Pinellas pay is the same for a jail deputy or a street deputy. Get er done.

08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I would avoid Hillsborough....................low pay and piss poor moral.

08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I did the online application and now will wait to hear from them. How long before you typically hear something? Any reason why it's taking so long, especially if an applicant is already FL certified with experience? Thanks!

08-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Nope... We dont hire FL Certified Officers. You must be certified somewhere else. Not Floirda. LMAO!...

J/k, Please put your application in. We need people!

08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I am a recruiter/background investigator with Tampa PD. Give me a call at (813) 276-3397 and I will give you the information you are seeking.