PDA

View Full Version : FL Certified

07-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm a FL certified leo and I just submitted my application this week. Does anyone know if they're hiring certified officers at this point?

munson
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
At this point in time, we don't know if our budget is going to be cut. Or if our staff is going to be cut. It will depend on what the State does in October and a vote in January.

I hope CCSO does not freeze hiring, and you get the job. We need good Deputies. Call HR, they would know more.

This is a great agency. I love it here. :)

08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the information. I called today and my application was processed and scanned into the computer on Monday and I was told I would hear via a letter within the next 5-10 business days if they were going to move forward. Sound typical of the process?

Glad to hear that you like the agency so much. How long have you been on and could you elaborate on what you like etc.?

Thanks

veteranrookie
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Guest25,

There's not much not to like about working here, I'll tell you that. First off, the pay for a starting certified Deputy is competitive. In my experience here so far I've yet to run into anyone that didn't welcome me and act professionally. Itz a good enviroment for the "new guy." Granted, you will take your knocks for being a rookie but that's the same everywhere. Even the old dinosaurs in the agency (like paradise. lol) are willing to impart as much of their wisdom as they can. The potential to move up in rank and to move laterally into a specialty unit is almost always available. Let's see, what else is good...oh you can choose your own service weapon from an approved list. That's a good thing 'cause shooting a 9mm Glock is like spitting on the target. You can carry a .45cal pistol like the big boys do. And you don't have to wear the green pickle suit that is so popular in every other agency in Florida. A take home patrol car that you don't have to wait 3 years to get. The list goes on and on. You have made a wise choice in applying to our agency and if all goes well, let me be the first to welcome you aboard!

DevilDogg
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
* Take home vehicle
* Issued lap-top
* Issue cell-phone
* Issue Uniforms (without paying for them)
* HUGE sign on bonus
* Med/Dent Insurance that doesn't break your wallet
* Ability to move around the agency
* Freedom to do your job
* And to reiterate, you can choose your weapon of choice
* Plus issued shotgun and M16 (Upon quals)

Am I painting a picture perfect agency? No. However, this is not my first LEO job and I gotta tell ya, this place is head and shoulders above the other places.

As I stated before, the grass may not be the best, but, it's greener than other places.