PDA

View Full Version : In Disbelief

07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Yesterday at the North station 4 subjects were caught with an AK-47 in the back seat of a vehicle right before they were going to shoot up a group of people. Can you believe that HOMICIDE and The STATE ATTORNEY stated that the couldn't arrest them for CCF and all they had was a loitering and prowling. ATF came out and at least recomended that the back 2 passengers get arrested. Again the ASA said they didn't have enough to prove intent. I can't freaking believe it. The officers and the Sgt. involved did a good job in the apprehension of the individuals and did all they could in attempting to charge the max on them. The were on the arrest for almost 6 hours trying to charge them with everything including the kitchen sink. We are out here everyday and we risk our lives to catch these thugs and when we do we don't have a leg to stand on cause the ASA drops the ball. If the shot all those people and someone died then do we only have an AGG. BATTERY or do we actually have a MURDER! Disappointed and bewildered on this.

Does someone have Kathy RUndle's email? Or even the NEW TIme's?

07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry I posted several times guys just in disbelief!

07-31-2007, 08:06 PM
My brother I stopped a car with 5 zoe pound gang members 5 guns and ak47 at the scene of a 30 homicide was not interested nor any other unit and the sgt on the scene said well one of them says he has a permit. 13-09

07-31-2007, 08:50 PM
coming from a state atty office that says that even tho you have the elements to the crime they cant file due key facts missing.....what a bunch of rocket scientists...oooh but wait a tic...let an ofc get out of hand and get 39'ed and hell opens up just in order to destroy the ofcs life......

07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
welcome to miami-dade county

07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Yo my man. The problem is that you 19ed them. WHY? Let T$ and his minions stop these fine,outstanding citizens.
REMEMBER,SERVICE WITH A SMILE AND PICK UP PIECES LATER,PEACE OUT!

07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.

07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree with facts! NO 19,NO PROBLEM! One day u guys will realize that this aint 1980!
SERVICE WITH A SMILE.

08-01-2007, 03:55 AM
State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence. :shock: Your right my brother no need to interview or take pics of guys with guns and ak47's they were probably boy scouts learning how to safely store them in the pork and bean projects just let them go unless they were drinking out of a 16 oz can of beer stop harassing people with AK's T-REX

08-01-2007, 04:28 AM
[quote=Facts]State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.[/quote

Anyone field test the AK's to see if they were fully automatic? There IS a way to do so without firing a round.

08-01-2007, 06:05 AM
State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.

The facts I got are from the Sgt on the scene assisting with the arrest and yes it's true you can have the so called high power rifle in the car due to the gun ban being lifted on this. Who in there right mind drives around with 4 people in the car and an AK-47 between them. Yes we have the right to bare arms but with the info given we can't prove intent and the 4 males invoked their rights. I am just in disbelief that if a murder HADoccurred where would we be. The info I got was that there was a fight between 2 individuals and they came to shoot everyone up. Prove the intent? Well one excuse is that I wanted to have my AK get some air.

Ridiculous!

08-01-2007, 02:00 PM
The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon.

And where are you getting this info from? So now you are telling me that they can ride around with a AK in there car as long as they have a C.P.!!!!

08-01-2007, 06:12 PM
YOU CHILDREN STILL DONT GET IT! LET THEM CARRY AND GO WHEREVER THE DARN THEY WISH,JUST STAY CLEAR FROM THEIR MADNESS AND THEN PICK UP THE PIECES!!
BELIEVE IT OR NOT,THATS WHAT THE SYSYTEM HAS WARNED YOU TO DO OR YOU WILL BE 39ED OR SUFFER HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FROM THE B.S.
DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.WE KNOW THAT IF ALLOWED,U WOULD ALL BE GOOD COPS SO,SERVICE WITH A SMILE!
COME ON G,SAY IT WITH ME,SERVICE WITH SMILE. THERE,DONT U FEEL BETTER NOW??

08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon.

And where are you getting this info from? So now you are telling me that they can ride around with a AK in there car as long as they have a C.P.!!!!

It comes from the state and law. Who are you going to charge?
Based on what? Without statements how do you prove who has
C.P.?

08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
YOU CHILDREN STILL DONT GET IT! LET THEM CARRY AND GO WHEREVER THE DARN THEY WISH,JUST STAY CLEAR FROM THEIR MADNESS AND THEN PICK UP THE PIECES!!
BELIEVE IT OR NOT,THATS WHAT THE SYSYTEM HAS WARNED YOU TO DO OR YOU WILL BE 39ED OR SUFFER HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FROM THE B.S.
DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.WE KNOW THAT IF ALLOWED,U WOULD ALL BE GOOD COPS SO,SERVICE WITH A SMILE!
COME ON G,SAY IT WITH ME,SERVICE WITH SMILE. THERE,DONT U FEEL BETTER NOW??

that's the way I see it!

08-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Since when do you check with the SAO office or homicide for a CCF arrest ? Why didnt these officers and sergeant make a decision on who to arrest. if they had pc they should have made the arrest. If homicide was asked to respond but didnt, they are wrong unless they were handling something else more pressing.. Who were they, what were their unit numbers. Did anyone notify SIS of the arrests? If so did they fail to respond? If no one responded did the information get delivered to homicide, were pictures taken. Dont point the fingers at homicide, sao, etc. this was a simple patrol arrest. Who was the sergeant that would take no for an answer if he requested someone respond but they failed to come?

Of course this post is like all the others here. based on third hand information, no facts, rumors and BS. If anyone directly involved is willy to come on and say what happened that would be great. Other wise we just assume what happened and we all know ASSUME only makes an ass of u and me

08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
T-Rex, you're an idiot! CCF? Did he have the AK in his pocket? Between the seat and the console, maybe? Good thing we have folks like that ASA to keep morons like you under control. Maybe you should apply for a job with the Gestapo.

08-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Look A-HOLE I said CCF due to where the rifle was placed. It was possibly under a blanket of some sorts, I am not sure. So genius that would include CCF. I am just amazed that we could go any further than what we got. It's an opinion! Leave it alone what's done is done!

08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Possibly under a blanket of some sorts?

I'm not sure?

You stupid motherf*cker! Since you have no inkling of the facts and obviously don't know the law either, you should keep your stupid opinion to yourself.

08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
[quote=Facts]State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.[/quote
I am new to the department how do u check a ak 47 to see if it automatic without firing. 2nd question what was the ending charge if is loitering and prowling can you make an arrest wile subject's are driving a vehicle. I never heard of that can some one explain thanks

Anyone field test the AK's to see if they were fully automatic? There IS a way to do so without firing a round.

08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
How can u find out if a Ak 47 is automatic without firing the weapon. 2nd question what was the final charge of the subjects.
3rd If it was loitering and prowling can you arrest someone driving vehicle and or passenger for loitering and prowling......? (legaly)
just want to learn something new thanks

08-02-2007, 06:51 PM
How can u find out if a AK 47 is automatic without firing the weapon. 2nd question what was the final charge of the subjects.
3rd If it was loitering and prowling can you arrest someone driving vehicle and or passenger for loitering and prowling......? (legally)

1) Submit it to FDLE or County's Ballistic Lab for test. Without firing it, most every thing else is a guess, whether or not the AK is a fully auto or garage modified.

2) UNK to this writer

3) Read below and learn the elements required to effect a relatively Nolle Prosequi proof L&ampP arrest. An offender can very well L&ampP while driving a car, let's say within a warehouse area, at 3:00 am, where COMPSTAT has indicated there has been a trend in commercial burglaries for instance.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... 1#0856.021 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&ampSearch_String=&ampURL=Ch0856/SEC021.HTM&ampTitle=-&gt2007-&gtCh0856-&gtSection%20021#0856.021)

08-03-2007, 03:09 AM
[quote=Rookie Question]How can u find out if a AK 47 is automatic without firing the weapon. 2nd question what was the final charge of the subjects.
3rd If it was loitering and prowling can you arrest someone driving vehicle and or passenger for loitering and prowling......? (legally)

1) Submit it to FDLE or County's Ballistic Lab for test. Without firing it, most every thing else is a guess, whether or not the AK is a fully auto or garage modified.

2) UNK to this writer

3) Read below and learn the elements required to effect a relatively Nolle Prosequi proof L&ampP arrest. An offender can very well L&ampP while driving a car, let's say within a warehouse area, at 3:00 am, where COMPSTAT has indicated there has been a trend in commercial burglaries for instance.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... tatute&amp (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&amp)

To check a weapon to see if full auto

1. Unload the firearm by removing the mag and checking the chamber to be sure no round is in the battery.

2. Pull back the charging handle to be sure the firing pin is ****ed and release the handle.

3. Then Pull the trigger and KEEP THE TRIGGER back against the back of the trigger guard and recycle the weapon. (pull the handle back again) and if when you release the handle and it slides forward you hear the firing pin click with the trigger still pulled back, it's full auto. Arrest the subject, send the firearm to the Lab for confirmation for court.

But I truely hope you never have to use this. Have a nice day.

08-03-2007, 03:30 AM
1. 790.221 f.s.
Score: 83.51%
Abstract: 790.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun penalty. (1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable but this section shall not apply to antique firearms. (3) Firearms in violation hereof which are lawfully owned and possessed under provisions of federal law are excepted.

08-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Sounds like it's time for Car and Driver magazine and a nice big shade tree???

08-03-2007, 02:17 PM
1. 790.221 f.s.
Score: 83.51%
Abstract: 790.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun penalty. (1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable but this section shall not apply to antique firearms. (3) Firearms in violation hereof which are lawfully owned and possessed under provisions of federal law are excepted.

Good point, and here are Others that may have some application as well:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... 5#0790.235 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&ampSearch_String=&ampURL=Ch0790/SEC235.HTM&ampTitle=-&gt2007-&gtCh0790-&gtSection%20235#0790.235)

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... 27#0790.27 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&ampSearch_String=&ampURL=Ch0790/SEC27.HTM&ampTitle=-&gt2007-&gtCh0790-&gtSection%2027#0790.27)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/ ... -000-.html (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000921----000-.html) See: (6) For Short Barrel Shotgun and (8) For Short Barrel Rifle.

Good hunting, back each other up and be alert!

In spite T-$ and BK, you are doing the Lord's work!

08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a term used to describe a weapon with the capacity to indiscriminately kill large numbers of human beings. The phrase broadly encompasses several areas of weapon synthesis, including nuclear, biological, chemical (NBC) and, increasingly, radiological weapons. There is controversy over when the term was first used, either in 1937 (in reference to the mass destruction of Guernica, Spain, by aerial bombardment) or in 1945 (with reference to nuclear weapons). Following the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and progressing through the Cold War, the term came to refer more to non-conventional weapons. The phrase entered widespread usage in relation to the U.S.-led 2003 invasion of Iraq. Terms used in a military context include atomic, biological, and chemical warfare (ABC warfare), nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) after the invention of the hydrogen bomb, and chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN), recognizing the threat of subcritical radiological weapons.

Due to the indiscriminate impacts caused by WMD, the fear of WMD has shaped political policies and campaigns, fostered social movements, and has been the central theme of many films. Support for different levels of WMD development and control varies nationally and internationally. Yet understanding of the nature of the threats is not high, in part because of imprecise usage of the term by politicians and the media.

08-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a term used to describe a weapon with the capacity to indiscriminately kill large numbers of human beings. The phrase broadly encompasses several areas of weapon synthesis, including nuclear, biological, chemical (NBC) and, increasingly, radiological weapons. There is controversy over when the term was first used, either in 1937 (in reference to the mass destruction of Guernica, Spain, by aerial bombardment) or in 1945 (with reference to nuclear weapons). Following the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and progressing through the Cold War, the term came to refer more to non-conventional weapons. The phrase entered widespread usage in relation to the U.S.-led 2003 invasion of Iraq. Terms used in a military context include atomic, biological, and chemical warfare (ABC warfare), nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) after the invention of the hydrogen bomb, and chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN), recognizing the threat of sub-critical radiological weapons.

Due to the indiscriminate impacts caused by WMD, the fear of WMD has shaped political policies and campaigns, fostered social movements, and has been the central theme of many films. Support for different levels of WMD development and control varies nationally and internationally. Yet understanding of the nature of the threats is not high, in part because of imprecise usage of the term by politicians and the media.

What about chickens . . . suspected of being infected with Avian Flu? Do they qualify as WMDs? If so, me and FF will start Miami Avian Shield. Imagine the publicity I'll get?