PDA

View Full Version : What nutball is running the comm. center???

07-31-2007, 03:51 AM
I just heard that anyone who works in the dispatch center cannot wear jeans at ANY time, on or off duty while in the center. They also have a reward system now that works by the dos on duty will pull a name out of a magic hat and you can use your time to take the day off. Problem is you have to use it right then. Morale is at an all time low up there and it shows.

The problem is they take the sgts, lts and majors who cant cut it anywhere else and put them in charge of the comm center. KJ you need to go and take the brainiacs at the comm center with you.

07-31-2007, 03:55 AM
Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock:

07-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Where did this come from...to clarify no we cannot wear jeans and it came from Auer ...HE doesnt like jeans so we cant wear them...as for the days off...it was meant for a morale booster above and beyond what the center has to give off it randomly picks the day before for the next off...if you choose otherwise it goes back in the hat and they pick someone else...and I for one like it..SURPRISE you dont have to come to work tommorow if you dont want to. Who cares if you have to use your own time. Also, just to show how much you know...the center no longer is run by all sworn personnel...Kim Rubio is a civilian...Major Berwick is the only sworn person we have upstairs now...things are not perfect but they werent given much to work with...slowly but surely things are improving...Please next time get ur facts straight before you blow

07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Where did this come from...to clarify no we cannot wear jeans and it came from Auer ...HE doesnt like jeans so we cant wear them...as for the days off...it was meant for a morale booster above and beyond what the center has to give off it randomly picks the day before for the next off...if you choose otherwise it goes back in the hat and they pick someone else...and I for one like it..SURPRISE you dont have to come to work tommorow if you dont want to. Who cares if you have to use your own time. Also, just to show how much you know...the center no longer is run by all sworn personnel...Kim Rubio is a civilian...Major Berwick is the only sworn person we have upstairs now...things are not perfect but they werent given much to work with...slowly but surely things are improving...Please next time get ur facts straight before you blowIsn't the vice president of the pba a sworn supervisor in commo? or is that just on paper like everything else?

07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock: I agree

07-31-2007, 03:01 PM

Wouldn't that create a denim shortage? Wait let's go buy stock in the Denim companies before they change that.

07-31-2007, 04:42 PM

Wouldn't that create a denim shortage? Wait let's go buy stock in the Denim companies before they change that.

That is absolutely rude. They do an excellent job in CDC and keep our behinds out of trouble - which by the way a percentage of those green and white behinds are huge and would also create a shortage if you're making comparisons. If we keep the comments professional people will read this blog and get some insight into BSO

07-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Where did this come from...to clarify no we cannot wear jeans and it came from Auer ...HE doesnt like jeans so we cant wear them...as for the days off...it was meant for a morale booster above and beyond what the center has to give off it randomly picks the day before for the next off...if you choose otherwise it goes back in the hat and they pick someone else...and I for one like it..SURPRISE you dont have to come to work tommorow if you dont want to. Who cares if you have to use your own time. Also, just to show how much you know...the center no longer is run by all sworn personnel...Kim Rubio is a civilian...Major Berwick is the only sworn person we have upstairs now...things are not perfect but they werent given much to work with...slowly but surely things are improving...Please next time get ur facts straight before you blowIsn't the vice president of the pba a sworn supervisor in commo? or is that just on paper like everything else?

Pat's a good guy but I don't think PBA VP Pat H. has spent much time in his Comm. assignment since 1999 when Pompano came over. Better than taking a District slot but what does he do all week, anything for BSO? Same situation exists with Pat Lambert FOPE and he even got promoted to Sgt. Probably was the same with past sheriff's - anyone know for sure?

07-31-2007, 06:39 PM
[quote="Howie the barber":16cvccco]Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock: I agree

That is absolutely rude. They do an excellent job in CDC and keep our behinds out of trouble - which by the way a percentage of those green and white behinds are huge and would also create a shortage if you're making comparisons. If we keep the comments professional people will read this blog and get some insight into BSO[/quote:16cvccco]

You are absolutely correct (on two points). There are some big behinds in green polyester. We should also keep posts professional. But since this IS NOT a professional orginaztion, what would one expect. As for CDC doing an excellent job, I would say they do an alright job. Back in the day, dispatchers worked for those of us on the road and knew that (they were a support unit to DLE). Nowadays SOME of them think DLE works for them. I've experienced asking for information I should already have received from the original dispatch (to keep my behind out of trouble) and received attitude back from the dispatcher. If I talk to a citizen with some of the tone I get from some dispatchers, I'd be giving out the new complaint flyers all day. But do we complain against the dispatchers? Or I get the "that's 10-30" line. When CDC policy is written, is the safety of those of us on the road taken into consideration? (Most of these problems have been corrected)
I know most DLE/DOD employees are stressed with all that's been going on here at BSO. We live in a dog eat dog society. When everything is straightened out here, hopefully we can all work together and expunge the animosity between all units of BSO. ( but then again, world peace may be easier) :|

07-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Where did this come from...to clarify no we cannot wear jeans and it came from Auer ...HE doesnt like jeans so we cant wear them...as for the days off...it was meant for a morale booster above and beyond what the center has to give off it randomly picks the day before for the next off...if you choose otherwise it goes back in the hat and they pick someone else...and I for one like it..SURPRISE you dont have to come to work tommorow if you dont want to. Who cares if you have to use your own time. Also, just to show how much you know...the center no longer is run by all sworn personnel...Kim Rubio is a civilian...Major Berwick is the only sworn person we have upstairs now...things are not perfect but they werent given much to work with...slowly but surely things are improving...Please next time get ur facts straight before you blow

NOW, HE KEPT IT CLEAN, WHY DON'T YOU TOO. NOBODY SAID NOBODY WAS BLOWING NOBODY. OK? IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'LL ARE DOING TO GET A DAY OFF OVER THERE, KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES AND KEEP THIS BLOG CLEAN PLEASE. MODERATOR, PLEASE READ THIS. THANK YOU !

08-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Some of these dispatchers are very good at what they do. Jodie is THE best up there. I am on dispatch 6B for 12 hours a day and have to deal with new dispatchers all the time because they like to train on our channel. But when the poo hits the fan and I am knee deep in it, I know I am in good hands when I hear Jody's voice on the radio. Very rarely are they rude to me. I copy my case numbers when they are first given out and barely ever 10-9 anything but when I do, they do not mind because I listen to my radio. As much as they can't do our jobs, I know I can never do thier jobs. If you have a problem with a dispatcher, sit up there in comm one day and try to dispatch, it is a lot harder than you think. As a FTO, I know to wait until Jody is on the radio before I bring a trainee up there because she truly is the best. Those dispatchers are our support but we need to help them help us and anonymously talking garbage on a website will not solve the problem. And how dare someone talk bad about what they look like, that is below the belt, irrelevent and just plain rude. Like you fat pig oompa loompas have any room to talk, I see so many gun belts that look like the keepers are ready to tear. I don't know what else to say but I truly appreciate what you all do up there and hope you don't let any of these rude comments mess up your day. Keep up the good work!

08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Ive heard many people complain about Jodie but I have never had a problem with her when I worked out West. She knows her shit and I can understand where she would get an attitude towards CERTAIN Deps.

You wanna complain about dispatchers, go over to Pompano their are a handfull that are reliable, the others are worthless and never have their shit right on screen. Then I have to write a memo on why Im missing a report when I clearly stated bravo on the tape that was played back but the dispatcher coded it alpha, yet they dont have too :roll:

08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Like all other simpletons it appears that the divide and conquer system is working well here. If the road stepped up more often, like the couple above for the dispatchers, perhaps those with the superiority complexes in the center and in the field would be outnumbered instead of entrenched. Time to grow up people for most of us High School was a long time ago.

Want to make things better? I don't think so most here are just interested in drama. And you know what else? Next time you hear a Dispatcher 10-3 the air unless 10-33 "SHUT UP!" cause one of your own might die trying to be heard while doing real police work.......Of course your only interested in fat jokes so why doesn't that surprise anyone? We should all take ourselves more seriously, if we don't we all deserve what we get.

My 2 cents, please drive thru.....

09-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Ok, so you think the dispatchers are nice? Ha, If you only knew what they were saying about you before they channel over to you. Hmmmm. They are the most stressed out people (women) that I have ever met in my life. Their major concern is which Deputy is going to be their flavor for the month. Ladies please, get a life. :P and stop being so rude, its almost an embaressment to say "Yes I work for The Broward Sheriff's Office". And so many people Out of the the agency who Dont work with the dispatchers will agree with me that they are very rude uptight people, Not all, but more than a handful.

10-06-2007, 02:46 PM
For awhile I was a supervisor in CDC Pompano. The reasons dispatchers are uptight because they handle 1-2000 phone calls per shift, many are dispatched code-3 and life threatening. the road demands more information and gets it's but that doesn't stop other problems in the city , other calls come in, you hear shootings on the phone, people yelling, Haitians calling, traffic accidents. domestics and for the most part road officers only handle 4 calls per shift and handle 10-94's with no paper. CDC employees handle hundreds per shift and ask basically the same questions that any officer would ask before dispatching a call.

If some of you never had the opportunity to work in a CDC, I would suggest you do, maybe your sgt can assign you. When was the last time you knew where 30 officers were at various parts of the city without looking?

10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
It's a fact. Most dispatchers are heffers. MOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-07-2007, 01:40 AM
For awhile I was a supervisor in CDC Pompano. The reasons dispatchers are uptight because they handle 1-2000 phone calls per shift, many are dispatched code-3 and life threatening. the road demands more information and gets it's but that doesn't stop other problems in the city , other calls come in, you hear shootings on the phone, people yelling, Haitians calling, traffic accidents. domestics and for the most part road officers only handle 4 calls per shift and handle 10-94's with no paper. CDC employees handle hundreds per shift and ask basically the same questions that any officer would ask before dispatching a call.

If some of you never had the opportunity to work in a CDC, I would suggest you do, maybe your sgt can assign you. When was the last time you knew where 30 officers were at various parts of the city without looking?

NO, if dispatchers where asking the same questions deputies do, they wouldn't have to refer the calls to other agencies, (Sig76). They really don't ask the 5 W's. And handling 2000 calls a day, efficiently and correctly is good, but when they don't keep the caller on the phone, when the deputies has to ask to call them back, and so on and so on. somebody is not doing it their job efficiently. I do agree, they are busy. If deputies didn't do their jobs efficiently, they would end up killing somebody. Sometimes they go to work with minimum hours of sleeping 'cause their kids are sick, or wife is sick, and they have to take over the household, then come back to work on Alpha, efficiently. Thank you.

10-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock:

Whoever wrote this must be bored. I am absolutely amazed that someone could come up with an inquiry of this nature when they are referring to a 911 dispatch center. Frankly.....I dont care if they come to work wearing pajamas as long as they can do their jobs efficiently. I hope whoever wrote the question isnt a deputy or someone in charge or carrying any type of weapon. I wouldnt want to be cited or arrested for not having the right outfit on or wearing open toed shoes. It scares me to know there are such superficial people working at a place that is supposed to be about law enforcement. Maybe they should get a new division or district for fashion enforcement. Im so glad i left.

10-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Brickman.

10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Brickman.

Jeff Bell

10-30-2007, 02:23 AM
[quote="Howie the barber":1a9zgv83]Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock:

Whoever wrote this must be bored. I am absolutely amazed that someone could come up with an inquiry of this nature when they are referring to a 911 dispatch center. Frankly.....I dont care if they come to work wearing pajamas as long as they can do their jobs efficiently. I hope whoever wrote the question isnt a deputy or someone in charge or carrying any type of weapon. I wouldnt want to be cited or arrested for not having the right outfit on or wearing open toed shoes. It scares me to know there are such superficial people working at a place that is supposed to be about law enforcement. Maybe they should get a new division or district for fashion enforcement. Im so glad i left.[/quote:1a9zgv83]

Fashion enforcement unit is a great idea. Ken Jenne should have thought of that. He could have hired the grand jury to run it at a salary of 200K each.

10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
PLEASE SHERIFF LAMBERTI REPLACE THE ADMIN STAFF AT CDC1 MORALE IS AT AN ALL TIME LOW...WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LEADERSHIP...I GUESS WE WOULD IF MS RUBIO WAS EVER THERE ...BERWICK IS OK BUT HAS NOT A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE AND NOW THEY ARE ABOUT TO BRING IN MORE OUTSIDE ADMIN PEOPLE. MORE CHIEFS THEN INDIANS AGAIN...THE MOST THEY CAN WORRY ABOUT IS MOVING TVS AROUND IN BREAK ROOMS...MEANWHILE WE HAVE GARBAGE EQUIPMENT AND RADIOS WHAT WE CANT HEAR ON TO WEST DAVIE. WE ARE A VITAL PART OF YOUR AGENCY I HOPE YOU HEAR US AT SOME POINT...

10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
[quote="Howie the barber":21eppu6i]Do you really wanna see any of them in jeans? :shock:

Whoever wrote this must be bored. I am absolutely amazed that someone could come up with an inquiry of this nature when they are referring to a 911 dispatch center. Frankly.....I dont care if they come to work wearing pajamas as long as they can do their jobs efficiently. I hope whoever wrote the question isnt a deputy or someone in charge or carrying any type of weapon. I wouldnt want to be cited or arrested for not having the right outfit on or wearing open toed shoes. It scares me to know there are such superficial people working at a place that is supposed to be about law enforcement. Maybe they should get a new division or district for fashion enforcement. Im so glad i left.[/quote:21eppu6i]

We're glad you left too. :devil: