PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock, Georgia Police Chief

07-27-2007, 11:39 PM
For those that may remember him, I see that Ric Moss found a place to be Chief of Police........ :roll: http://www.woodstockga.gov/index.asp?nid=119

07-28-2007, 12:49 AM
For those that may remember him, I see that Ric Moss found a place to be Chief of Police........ :roll: http://www.woodstockga.gov/index.asp?nid=119

How could any of us who work in Pompano forget the moron! he'll step on his d*** like Reffett did. It's just a matter of time. Arrogance breeds contempt and I'm sure the new agency hates the sight of him by now

07-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I some of you hated Moss, but do any of you know why he got demoted prior to leaving the agency. Well I do. He stood up to Major Lightborn better known as Major Stillborn on an officer safety issue. Moss wanted SWAT called to the scene, but the higher ups refused. Moss refused to risk the lives of any of his men. Later on this came to bite him on the butt and Lightborn did not stand up for him or us for that matter. This wasn't too long after Fatta got killed, because the brass refused to use SWAT on a similiar situation. So say what you want about the guy, but when it came to our safety he looked out for us. He is a hell of a lot better then most of the Captians we've had in Pompano.

07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I some of you hated Moss, but do any of you know why he got demoted prior to leaving the agency. Well I do. He stood up to Major Lightborn better known as Major Stillborn on an officer safety issue. Moss wanted SWAT called to the scene, but the higher ups refused. Moss refused to risk the lives of any of his men. Later on this came to bite him on the butt and Lightborn did not stand up for him or us for that matter. This wasn't too long after Fatta got killed, because the brass refused to use SWAT on a similiar situation. So say what you want about the guy, but when it came to our safety he looked out for us. He is a hell of a lot better then most of the Captians we've had in Pompano.

What a crock! This is my first and hopefully only post. Moss got busted and it had NOTHING to do with Maj. Lightbourn refusing to call SWAT and Moss wanting to do so. NOTHING and I ought to know. Moss was an arrogant ass who tried to cover up his total inaction on a major robbery case. He tried to direct an on-scene operation while sitting on his dead ass in his home. He allowed 2 major felons to escape because he was too lazy and arrogant to allow those on scene to handle it properly. One of the perps had a warrant for armed carjacking and Moss ordered him released from a contained scene. Moss refused to allow Robbery detectives and their supervisors to handle it-as required by policy. Moss lied to cover it up. He actually drew Lightbourn into the problem by lying to him and the LTC, and that lie was blown open by another command level supervisor. The escaped perps then went on a 24 hr. violent rampage across 2 counties before being caught by detectives in Boca Raton. By then 2 more people had been kidnapped, thrown from a speeding car, pistol whipped into the hospital, and terribly hurt--all because Moss didn't, couldn't, refused to, didn't know how-to do his job. The most undeserving, lying, big mouth, sissy, asshole I've had the displeasure to know in my MANY years of law enforcement. And this, friends, is the stone truth of the matter. Thank you.

08-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Well lets see to armed suspects refusing to come out of a house. Per Policy Detectives are not the ones to go in. SWAT is to be called plain and simple. That same type of thinking got someone else killed not that long ago.

08-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Realizing you can't please everyone I accept the negativity as a fact of life. However for the record, the decision made during this incident was based on several factors to include SWAT's reluctance to initiate a callout without confirmation of who was inside the house and with the knowledge the subjects indicated they would resist any entry. Ultimately the investigation revealed the robbery for which they were suspected was a drug deal gone bad. As for the rest I left BSO because I realized it was no longer an agency I could support notwithstanding the many successful years I spent there. In the end everyone has to do what is best for themselves. If you are ever in the area stop in

08-02-2007, 02:44 AM
[quote="Honest Cop":2zre67ko]I some of you hated Moss, but do any of you know why he got demoted prior to leaving the agency. Well I do. He stood up to Major Lightborn better known as Major Stillborn on an officer safety issue. Moss wanted SWAT called to the scene, but the higher ups refused. Moss refused to risk the lives of any of his men. Later on this came to bite him on the butt and Lightborn did not stand up for him or us for that matter. This wasn't too long after Fatta got killed, because the brass refused to use SWAT on a similiar situation. So say what you want about the guy, but when it came to our safety he looked out for us. He is a hell of a lot better then most of the Captians we've had in Pompano.

What a crock! This is my first and hopefully only post. Moss got busted and it had NOTHING to do with Maj. Lightbourn refusing to call SWAT and Moss wanting to do so. NOTHING and I ought to know. Moss was an arrogant arse who tried to cover up his total inaction on a major robbery case. He tried to direct an on-scene operation while sitting on his dead arse in his home. He allowed 2 major felons to escape because he was too lazy and arrogant to allow those on scene to handle it properly. One of the perps had a warrant for armed carjacking and Moss ordered him released from a contained scene. Moss refused to allow Robbery detectives and their supervisors to handle it-as required by policy. Moss lied to cover it up. He actually drew Lightbourn into the problem by lying to him and the LTC, and that lie was blown open by another command level supervisor. The escaped perps then went on a 24 hr. violent rampage across 2 counties before being caught by detectives in Boca Raton. By then 2 more people had been kidnapped, thrown from a speeding car, pistol whipped into the hospital, and terribly hurt--all because Moss didn't, couldn't, refused to, didn't know how-to do his job. The most undeserving, lying, big mouth, sissy, *** VIRUS ALERT *** I've had the displeasure to know in my MANY years of law enforcement. And this, friends, is the stone truth of the matter. Thank you.[/quote:2zre67ko]

They were not caught by robbery detectives they were caught by Dep's. Spear, Amundson, Stone and Sgts. Argenti and Steele after a prusuit from Deerfield Beach. A group of real cops by any true cops definition!!!!!

08-05-2007, 05:51 AM
When I was involved with the FOP, the biggest mistake of my life,,,bar none,,,was that I devoted 15 years of my life to to representing my fellow officers, only to be screwed. Rick Moss was president of BSO Lodge 32, not even an legal collective 'begging' unit,,he wanted me to legitimize his labor politics. What a mistake that was. When I was changed to BSO I quite the FOP. Years Later, I needed legal help from the FOP to try and save my job,,,,the PBA was of no help. And the FOP was worse, Ralph Dean, Rick Moss and George 'the Hatchet' Hatchigan and their goofball attorney told me they could not afford to provide me with legal help. Therefore, I was not able to fight to save my job. Rick Moss is what he is. I can't find words to villify him enough. But as the wise old philosopher says,,,,if one is patient,,,and stands by the river and waits long enough the body of your dead enemy will float by.. I find comfort in that and am enjoying the freedom of a new career and a new life away from Fort Lauderdale,Fla. Best of luck to all the decent people at BSO. As for Rick, no comment, tomorrow wil be another bright and sunny day. Life goes on.

08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
When I was involved with the FOP, the biggest mistake of my life,,,bar none,,,was that I devoted 15 years of my life to to representing my fellow officers, only to be screwed. Rick Moss was president of BSO Lodge 32, not even an legal collective 'begging' unit,,he wanted me to legitimize his labor politics. What a mistake that was. When I was changed to BSO I quite the FOP. Years Later, I needed legal help from the FOP to try and save my job,,,,the PBA was of no help. And the FOP was worse, Ralph Dean, Rick Moss and George 'the Hatchet' Hatchigan and their goofball attorney told me they could not afford to provide me with legal help. Therefore, I was not able to fight to save my job. Rick Moss is what he is. I can't find words to villify him enough. But as the wise old philosopher says,,,,if one is patient,,,and stands by the river and waits long enough the body of your dead enemy will float by.. I find comfort in that and am enjoying the freedom of a new career and a new life away from Fort Lauderdale,Fla. Best of luck to all the decent people at BSO. As for Rick, no comment, tomorrow wil be another bright and sunny day. Life goes on.

Moss is who he is - those who know him have there own opinions about him.

But before you bash - post the letter that was sent to you about your case and the reason it was turned down. Let the truth begin with you.

08-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Rick is what he is. I am what I am. I make no apologies for my life. I was screwed by liars and the letter was crap. You don't know what it's like and probablly never will. So I will wait to see when some one gets you in their 'sights' and you get what you deserve.

08-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Dear Guest, as for the letter,,,you refer to fabricated crap, written by people who falsify crime stats, frame innocent people for murder after they beat the crap out of them, and a sheriff about to be indicted by the fed's. My mistake about a stupid police report pales in comparision to some of the people who were represented and kept their jobs. So please spare me the criticism. Rick Moss and his fellow ill, cost you free medical benefits and lost wages as well as lost leather allowance. And he got a promotion. What did you get.

U9439
08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I must admit I have to post on this subject. I won't bash him but he had to be one of the most arrogant self absorbed persons I have ever met.

08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I stumbled upon this thread and noticed the mention of Deerfield PD. Does anyone know an Andy Gianino who worked for Deerfield? If so, can you advise his whereabouts? We were friends many years ago when I was a Broward Deputy, but have lost touch. Any help would be appreciated. My heart goes out to the BSO family for your recent loss. I hope your Detective is getting better also. Stay safe brothers and sisters.

08-13-2007, 01:10 PM
[quote="Oldie Goldie":3ir358s7]For those that may remember him, I see that Ric Moss found a place to be Chief of Police........ :roll: http://www.woodstockga.gov/index.asp?nid=119[/quote:3ir358s7]

How could any of us who work in Pompano forget the moron! he'll step on his d*** like Reffett did. It's just a matter of time. Arrogance breeds contempt and I'm sure the new agency hates the sight of him by now[/You got that right, the department does. Many present (and former members because of him) wish they saw or knew this arrogant individual was coming. I guess we did not see the Jolly Roger flying on his pirate ship. Please take him back BSO, GA LEO would be eternally grateful.quote]

08-13-2007, 01:17 PM
For those that may remember him, I see that Ric Moss found a place to be Chief of Police........ :roll: http://www.woodstockga.gov/index.asp?nid=119 Yes, it is unfortunate for Woodstock Georgia. One must ask.. Just what the area did to offend the State of Florida so bad?

08-13-2007, 01:21 PM
When I was involved with the FOP, the biggest mistake of my life,,,bar none,,,was that I devoted 15 years of my life to to representing my fellow officers, only to be screwed. Rick Moss was president of BSO Lodge 32, not even an legal collective 'begging' unit,,he wanted me to legitimize his labor politics. What a mistake that was. When I was changed to BSO I quite the FOP. Years Later, I needed legal help from the FOP to try and save my job,,,,the PBA was of no help. And the FOP was worse, Ralph Dean, Rick Moss and George 'the Hatchet' Hatchigan and their goofball attorney told me they could not afford to provide me with legal help. Therefore, I was not able to fight to save my job. Rick Moss is what he is. I can't find words to villify him enough. But as the wise old philosopher says,,,,if one is patient,,,and stands by the river and waits long enough the body of your dead enemy will float by.. I find comfort in that and am enjoying the freedom of a new career and a new life away from Fort Lauderdale,Fla. Best of luck to all the decent people at BSO. As for Rick, no comment, tomorrow wil be another bright and sunny day. Life goes on. Yes, a line of people are indeed being patient and standing by the river with smiles. What goes around comes aroud eventually.

08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Realizing you can't please everyone I accept the negativity as a fact of life. However for the record, the decision made during this incident was based on several factors to include SWAT's reluctance to initiate a callout without confirmation of who was inside the house and with the knowledge the subjects indicated they would resist any entry. Ultimately the investigation revealed the robbery for which they were suspected was a drug deal gone bad. As for the rest I left BSO because I realized it was no longer an agency I could support notwithstanding the many successful years I spent there. In the end everyone has to do what is best for themselves. If you are ever in the area stop in Was that from the "horses mouth..or the horses arse as better known? We all know the truth. BSO gained by you leaving.. and Woodstock Georgia loses. I do feel sorry for them.

08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
This Moss person makes me sick to see him.
I heard through the grapevine that he assaulted one of his officers at a scene? Wonder how he managed to get away with that?

I think that he is useless. There I said it. Boy you would think it would make me feel better, but it doesn't. He would have to just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me to feel better.

What was that city council thinking, they all knew about his shady background.

08-15-2007, 03:35 AM
As long as he likes you, your Golden. Just as Sam, or Schnak.

If he doesn't, stand by he will try to torment you.

mentally unstable and a womanizer.

04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Time to move on.

04-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Time to move on.

Yeah it is. You're responding to a post from last August.

04-30-2008, 11:49 PM

wow, no offense but you need your head examined. There were several reasons as to why he got demoted and he was warned on numerous occasions. He left BSO because he couldn't live with the embarrassment of his demotion. I suppose that having a pissing match with Major Gary Moore didn't help him either! He was in a self-destructing mode for quite some time.

You may think that your superiors don't match up to your intelligence but they hold the title and they deserve the respect. That's a quality that Moss knows nothing about. He didn't have your injerest at heart, he was out only for what was good for him.

05-01-2008, 12:23 AM

wow, no offense but you need your head examined. There were several reasons as to why he got demoted and he was warned on numerous occasions. He left BSO because he couldn't live with the embarrassment of his demotion. I suppose that having a pissing match with Major Gary Moore didn't help him either! He was in a self-destructing mode for quite some time.

You may think that your superiors don't match up to your intelligence but they hold the title and they deserve the respect. That's a quality that Moss knows nothing about. He didn't have your injerest at heart, he was out only for what was good for him.

I beg to differ. He did quite well here and was very educated. He brought a lot to the table and probably would have been a great Major. I wish the Sheriff would call him to come back. He was my captain for years, and he always took care of us and never held us back from doing our job. No one can say they got screwed by him. You guys can talk all you want, but I worked for him directly and he has always been a great guy to me and my shift.

He was different than what we are used to and that is probably what got the best of him. I think he was too smart for the masses and in some ways that created some divide.

Look no one is perfect, and I am not saying he was, but overall he was a very good and effective leader and I for one appreciated him as my captain.

05-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Ric Moss was recently terminated from the Woodstock Police Department following an arrest he made of the mayors son for DUI. I wonder what happened?

Seriously? If that is the case, talk about integrity to his job.

http://www.woodstockga.gov/index.asp?NID=119

No, he looks like he is still in business. He is a good man, good for the people, and I doubt he resigned.

05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Do you think anyone interested in hiring on at the line level will understand what Mr. Erudite has written? That's enough to scare them away. Typical Moss. Use a lot of meaningless phrases in an attempt to make yourself look smart.

Let's face it, Woodstock Georgia is not the intellectual seat of the nation. Stop trying to make it what it ain't! Once he's ousted he will claim they just didn't understand his superior intellect.

05-01-2008, 12:31 PM

You must have drank the Kool Aid from the top floor