PDA

View Full Version : DULL

07-27-2007, 09:43 PM
What a dull site this is. Are you all waiting until you become Deputies???

07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
YEA OK. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

07-28-2007, 12:28 AM
You may wish to learn how to read the handwriting on the wall, so to speak. I think we got a couple from you this week with several more on the way. Maybe Clearwater is the training department from now on. Hope you all look good in GREEN. LOL.

07-28-2007, 12:48 AM
You picked the cream of the crop! You have a few winners in the pipeline as well. Thank you.

07-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Does the fact that you are getting our report writing system ring a bell?

07-28-2007, 03:24 AM
The fact that agencies are taken over has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of Officers. It is a politcal move that a bunch of wanna be politicians try to recoup losses from financial mistakes they made. Look at what PCSO is getting from us.....Not exactly a group of all stars....And the previous ones are just as funny. It actually shows that PCSO will take officers that haven't done much and are looking to try to get another chance somewhere else. So to all Clearwater Brothers/Sisters, stay strong and if it happens...take your big lump supplemental that Deputies will NEVER get and go buy them a beer, while you enjoy the take home car......;Because that is absolutely the only benefit from changing uniforms...We are all in this together regardless of the color of uniform.

07-28-2007, 12:52 PM
You keep telling yourself that. While all your leaders are saying no, the upper management is doing the planning. Somehow, getting 20 year plus veterans seems a fairly good deal. What size shirt was that you need??l

07-28-2007, 03:16 PM
You keep telling yourself that. While all your leaders are saying no, the upper management is doing the planning. Somehow, getting 20 year plus veterans seems a fairly good deal. What size shirt was that you need??l

Are you gettin those 20 year plus veterans AFTER they've finished their 1st career and are taking their supplemental pensions (= large amount into retirement funds/savings) to work for you guys because it pays just a bit more than a retirement job at Walmart? Certainly you'll have to work longer than any CPD officer who's come to you after retirement, and still not have $100k sitting comfortably in an account just waiting for them until they move to their 2nd home in North Carolina.

Just a question...Where's your 2nd home there Deputy Dog?

07-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Think about collecting a fat pension (w/ supplemental) while sitting in your take home car, doing nothing if you want. And they can talk all they want, but I know several deputies, one of which is a Cpl., who brag about the lack of reports they take and work they do if they choose to .....Sounds like a pretty good deal too...I wear a XXL and would like an Impala please. And by the way...while your on your 23 year, I'll be doing my 6 and taking ANOTHER pension......Deal just got better

07-28-2007, 07:13 PM
First homes, second homes, that has nothing to do with the facts. All that says is that some of us know how to invest instead of blowing our money. Th facts seem clear that one part at a time is getting switched to the Green Machine. Property, CSI, report writing, probably communications, and on as it goes. If you don't think there is a deal in place, go in and ask your upper staff to tell you the truth. The officers that are bailing out now will simply have seniority later. Your chief will probably be the last chief in Clearwater. We hear that several of those in the city managers office would love to shed the PD.

07-28-2007, 09:05 PM
And if that happens, then Clearwater will contract PCSO to handle the Law Enforcement in the City. It has nothing to do with PCSO being better, just cheaper for a group of Mis-managing Commissioners. So go back to your own board, because we have no need to have you here. You guys come on here bragging about a take over. ... All a take over is going to do is flood your agency with a big group of talented officers. Good luck getting specialty assignments when your competition doubled.

07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
My whole point was not whether it is going to be good or bad. CPD certainly is a great department. The point is that it is coming sooner or later, whether we like it or not. And I agree it is not for the well being of either department, but the money and politics of a few powerful people that pretty much control all of our futures. Be safe brothers and sisters!!

07-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Obviously somebody is stirring the pot to be an ARSE. The truth of the matter, just like any big business, is that both agencies have talented and less than talented individuals. The S/O just took some of our 20 year veterans as they have retired, took the pension, and moved onto a second career. I applaud them. You do yourself a financial dis-service to stay more than 20 years when you could collect a pension and move to another professional paying job.

There is some coincidence or evidence to a possible merger/takeover. A lot of the posturing is already in place and I think a lot of people are suspicious. If I were under five years I would take the safe route and leave for the Sheriff's Office or any retirement under the Florida State Retirement System. This way if you want to move somewhere else you apply for any Sheriff's Office and your time counts. If something were ever to happen to CPD or the City of Clearwater, your time counts for absolutely nothing.

07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
If a take over comes who really cares? Our union should care and make sure that there is a plan in effect so that officers with under ten are not jsut left out to dry. Sure the officers will get a check for their contribution to their pension plan, but they should get more. The union needs to make it tougher on the city to just allow the take over. The union needs to make sure officers will get a decent seperation pay and just not told sorry you wasted your last 9 years.

07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Is your union questioning the loss of several positions? They should be screaming to the public and the upper management. Are they??

08-16-2007, 03:19 AM
20 years ago the same rumors existed. When Dunedin PD went away, we were all told CPD was next on the list. Some of you were still in diapers when those rumors were flying.

Just like everything you're told from upper managment, when it's actually in place, it's only THEN you believe it.

08-17-2007, 05:09 AM
You people are WILD. The rumor of CPD being "taken over" by PCSO is simply that.....a rumor. Unfortunately, the rumors continue to be fueled by PCSO deputies and CPD officers that lack what every rumor does....FACT. These rumors are detrimental to morale and especially younger officers who don't know better.

Big deal...we're going to ACISS. Unfortunately, no one goes on to explain that we needed a new system because the company from the old system went out of business several years ago and the tech support wasn't there. I guess that doesn't sound as good as "we're going to ACISS...we must be getting taken over". You would think that talk of a take over would be based on more than the fact that we're going to ACISS.

I heard from a deputy the other day that it was a done deal that the SO was taking over our comm ctr. This lends to the continued ignorance of those that just want to start rumors. To clear up that ridiculous rumor....we are going to a new CAD system (Tri-Tech). The SO is also going to Tri-Tech. You probably won't here that the SO actually piggy backed CPD in that venture.

Maybe we should all start looking at the positive aspects of the new ACISS and Tri Tech. We can share information through ACISS and with TriTech, we can actually see where each other are via the new AVL. Let's start working together instead of baiting one another into the back and forth insults about each department and its officers/deputies.

As someone in the know, I can assure you CPD is not going anywhere. You forget that such an ordeal would have to be supported by the management and the council and subsequently pass a vote by the citizens. That will never happen. Nothing against the SO, but the level of service that Clearwater citizens get now would drastically be reduced if the SO started patrolling our streets.

The council is recently on record that they DO NOT support such a proposal. And, the Chief should begin soon to visit the various line ups to squash these rumors.

Remember - We're all ONE family. Maybe we will realize that again as we remember our brother at HCSO who was killed for no reason on Wed. STAY SAFE!

08-17-2007, 04:02 PM
The grass always appears greener on the other side of the street. If going to another agency was such a big deal, many would have done it long ago.

08-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Didn't they bring in that woman who is 'supposedly' running the Comm Ctr. to install/oversee the new CAD system, report writing system? Seems she doesn't know much about the operations of the place, but she does know computers and dispatch software.

PCSO is changing their system to meet ours CAD, we (and other agencies also NOT being taken over by PCSO) also are changing their report writing systems. It sure makes things uniform for the SAO's office not having to look at several different formats and writing styles.

20 years of rumors - what next? A midnight shift where Santa is seen on a roof top?