PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down district ONE

07-24-2007, 06:01 AM
I heard from some one down there that Dist one is being shut down. The city has contracted with Hollywood and they take over Oct 1.

Any truth to it?

07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
I heard from some one down there that Dist one is being shut down. The city has contracted with Hollywood and they take over Oct 1.

Any truth to it?

What is Dis 1?

07-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Any truth to it?

There is no way Pembroke Park would contract with Hollywood. Hollywood didn't want them to begin with. Not to mention, it cost more to have a city police them then BSO.

07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Hollywood has submitted a proposal to West Park that is over $1 million less than BSO. But the proposal does not include little things like detectives, supervisors, cars, etc. But West Park is so poor they may take it. The chief of Hollywood was bragging they are taking over. (West Park is 4 out of 6 zones in District One.)

The other two zones is the Town of Pembroke Park. They have claimed in the papers not to want Hollywood because of their corruption. Pembroke Park is seeking a bid from Hallandale. Pembroke Park was also in the paper recently for suggesting using Navaro Security for Patrol and making BSO show up for the paper.

07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Hollywood has submitted a proposal to West Park that is over $1 million less than BSO. But the proposal does not include little things like detectives, supervisors, cars, etc. But West Park is so poor they may take it. The chief of Hollywood was bragging they are taking over. (West Park is 4 out of 6 zones in District One.)

The other two zones is the Town of Pembroke Park. They have claimed in the papers not to want Hollywood because of their corruption. Pembroke Park is seeking a bid from Hallandale. Pembroke Park was also in the paper recently for suggesting using Navaro Security for Patrol and making BSO show up for the paper.

Then why doesnt bso underbid them? If trends like this continue, we won't have jobs

07-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Then why doesnt bso underbid them? If trends like this continue, we won't have jobs

I hate cities. We need to have a metro police

07-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Growing up in Broward County, It's sad to see what has become of BSO. BSO was always the best and now people can't wait to leave, and now losing contract cities. I would love to see BSO be the best again. Who is running for Sheriff? Jenne needs to go. There are other cities for BSO to merge with but under Jenne I don't see that happening. When is the nightmare called Jenne going to end? Will BSO lose everything? I hope not, I live in Deerfield and love the services

07-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Growing up in Broward County, It's sad to see what has become of BSO. BSO was always the best and now people can't wait to leave, and now losing contract cities. I would love to see BSO be the best again. Who is running for Sheriff? Jenne needs to go. There are other cities for BSO to merge with but under Jenne I don't see that happening. When is the nightmare called Jenne going to end? Will BSO lose everything? I hope not, I live in Deerfield and love the services

Daniel D. Goldberg worked in District One way back when it was still Pembroke Park Police. To answer your question, check out the Daniel D. Goldberg for Sheriff thread.

07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Daniel D. Goldberg worked in District One way back when it was still Pembroke Park Police. To answer your question, check out the Daniel D. Goldberg for Sheriff thread.

I read the forum what does Goldberg have to do with the future of BSO? Does anyone care that losing a contract cities after this many years could mean more to come? BSO needs to step to the plate. They were also the best of the best.

07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
It is no secret that the City of West Park has asked the Cities of Hallandale, Miramar and Hollywood to provide a cost proposal on having those municipalities provide contractual police services to the City of West Park. Both Hallandale and Miramar have declined for various reasons. The Hollywood Police Department has agreed to provide an estimated cost. Contrary to what is apparently being casually discussed in public by members of the Hollywood Police Department, this is in no way, shape, or form, a done deal. The South Broward District is NOT closing down. Any discussions in reference to any finalized plans are premature, reckless and without merit. There has been no Hollywood City Commission vote, or public input, regarding any contractual agreement. That being said, the Broward PBA and the Hollywood PD rank and file have been opposed, and continue to be opposed, to any proposed contractual arrangement between the two cities. The Broward Sheriff’s Office continues to be the contract service provider for the City of West Park.

07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
It is no secret that the City of West Park has asked the Cities of Hallandale, Miramar and Hollywood to provide a cost proposal on having those municipalities provide contractual police services to the City of West Park. Both Hallandale and Miramar have declined for various reasons. The Hollywood Police Department has agreed to provide an estimated cost. Contrary to what is apparently being casually discussed in public by members of the Hollywood Police Department, this is in no way, shape, or form, a done deal. The South Broward District is NOT closing down. Any discussions in reference to any finalized plans are premature, reckless and without merit. There has been no Hollywood City Commission vote, or public input, regarding any contractual agreement. That being said, the Broward PBA and the Hollywood PD rank and file have been opposed, and continue to be opposed, to any proposed contractual arrangement between the two cities. The Broward Sheriff’s Office continues to be the contract service provider for the City of West Park.

Thanks Don

07-24-2007, 08:13 PM

I appreciate your response. Please keep us updated. Stay safe

07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
It is no secret that the City of West Park has asked the Cities of Hallandale, Miramar and Hollywood to provide a cost proposal on having those municipalities provide contractual police services to the City of West Park. Both Hallandale and Miramar have declined for various reasons. The Hollywood Police Department has agreed to provide an estimated cost. Contrary to what is apparently being casually discussed in public by members of the Hollywood Police Department, this is in no way, shape, or form, a done deal. The South Broward District is NOT closing down. Any discussions in reference to any finalized plans are premature, reckless and without merit. There has been no Hollywood City Commission vote, or public input, regarding any contractual agreement. That being said, the Broward PBA and the Hollywood PD rank and file have been opposed, and continue to be opposed, to any proposed contractual arrangement between the two cities. The Broward Sheriff’s Office continues to be the contract service provider for the City of West Park. Thank you Chris, well said.

07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Somebody at the PSB headquarters needs to wake up the guy at the switch and stop this before I get shipped to Pompano Beach Area 2..

07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Navarro was seen dining with Dan Goldberg earlier this evening at the Floridian. I wonder what these two are up to......

07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Somebody at the PSB headquarters needs to wake up the guy at the switch and stop this before I get shipped to Pompano Beach Area 2..

Are you scared of big, bad Pompano? I guess you watched that Thugs DVD and are scared. :oops:

07-27-2007, 10:35 PM
D-1 aint no Disneyland, stop blowing up your ego kid

07-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Hey kid, I work in District 1. It's not Pompano you scaredy cat.

07-27-2007, 11:44 PM

District 1 is a little bigger than 1122 zone.

07-28-2007, 12:21 AM
What am I supposed to be in awe because you work Pompano. If Pompano is so bad why have several deputies beg to leave 1 to go to 11. Three left in the last 15 months. Both areas are dung heaps, but in Pompano you have supervisors who let you be cops ( no quotas) and you have more than 3 other deputies working a shift. Hey you might actually get have a day off once in a while. Personally I would hate to work Parkland or Weston. " Don't You Know who I am?" or "I have my PHO sticker" would result in an automatic Response to Resistance Form. But after more than a dozen years what does it matter.

07-28-2007, 01:27 AM
What am I supposed to be in awe because you work Pompano. If Pompano is so bad why have several deputies beg to leave 1 to go to 11. Three left in the last 15 months. Both areas are dung heaps, but in Pompano you have supervisors who let you be cops ( no quotas) and you have more than 3 other deputies working a shift. Hey you might actually get have a day off once in a while. Personally I would hate to work Parkland or Weston. " Don't You Know who I am?" or "I have my PHO sticker" would result in an automatic Response to Resistance Form. But after more than a dozen years what does it matter.

Wow, defensive much? From the looks of it Pompano was brought in to this topic by district one and has been sustained by district one.

Stay safe.

07-28-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm so sorry you have to work for Coto. I hope he gets the message one day that his guys should be treated better. Oh yeah, please name the guys that are begging to leave Dist. 1 and go to Pompano. I certainly haven't seen or heard of anybody wanting to go to that place.

07-28-2007, 11:04 PM

Quotas? Please!!!! If you are stupid enough to go with the quota system then shame on you. If you get a dumb order, write it down in your daily !!!!!

07-28-2007, 11:11 PM

I'm glad that you see it that way. It's not at all as you describe and if you have never worked in Weston than you really can't say how it is to work here. I worked in ghetto areas since the late 1970's and when I transferred to Weston after 2000 it was such a nice change to see people that did not have chips on their shoulders or claim that you are prejudiced because that are a minority and my hands stay relatively clean for most of the shift. You rookies stay in the ghetto areas for now and maybe when you get some experience you can come to Wesotn or Parkland for you just reward. I know I've eared it for sure and I love it. :wink:

07-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm glad that you see it that way. It's not at all as you describe and if you have never worked in Weston than you really can't say how it is to work here. I worked in ghetto areas since the late 1970's and when I transferred to Weston after 2000 it was such a nice change to see people that did not have chips on their shoulders or claim that you are prejudiced because that are a minority and my hands stay relatively clean for most of the shift. You rookies stay in the ghetto areas for now and maybe when you get some experience you can come to Wesotn or Parkland for you just reward. I know I've eared it for sure and I love it. :wink:

I sleep walk through in progress now can I swap with one of the many that have only known Weston/Cooper City/Parkland for their career?

Just kidding, I'll take Johnnie the crackhead over Julie the condescending soccer mom any day.

07-29-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry you have to work for Coto. I hope he gets the message one day that his guys should be treated better. Oh yeah, please name the guys that are begging to leave Dist. 1 and go to Pompano. I certainly haven't seen or heard of anybody wanting to go to that place.[/quote]

Ask Zamora and Rosado, who both requested transfers from D-1 to D-11 and got them...There ya go

07-29-2007, 03:22 AM
[quote="T Robot":3ci64shp]I'm glad that you see it that way. It's not at all as you describe and if you have never worked in Weston than you really can't say how it is to work here. I worked in ghetto areas since the late 1970's and when I transferred to Weston after 2000 it was such a nice change to see people that did not have chips on their shoulders or claim that you are prejudiced because that are a minority and my hands stay relatively clean for most of the shift. You rookies stay in the ghetto areas for now and maybe when you get some experience you can come to Wesotn or Parkland for you just reward. I know I've eared it for sure and I love it. :wink:

I sleep walk through in progress now can I swap with one of the many that have only known Weston/Cooper City/Parkland for their career?

Just kidding, I'll take Johnnie the crackhead over Julie the condescending soccer mom any day.[/quote:3ci64shp]

DON'T FOR GET LAZY DAYS TAMARAC....

07-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Rumor has it that JT out in District 8 is transferring to the PSB now that he was passed over in District 7. Any truth that Hanlon has reached out to the good lieutenant and offered him a position?

07-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Rumor has it that JT out in District 8 is transferring to the PSB now that he was passed over in District 7. Any truth that Hanlon has reached out to the good lieutenant and offered him a position?

08-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Both cities are ready to sign w/ Hollywood to start servises on Oct.1 Hollywood PD is already developing Zone assignments and staffing plans. BSO is making one last pitch to lower costs by illiminating 4 more deputies, undetermined number of detectives, three Sgts, and 1 Lt. Which should put the entire district under 30 people. A recipe for disaster.

08-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Both cities are ready to sign w/ Hollywood to start servises on Oct.1 Hollywood PD is already developing Zone assignments and staffing plans. BSO is making one last pitch to lower costs by illiminating 4 more deputies, undetermined number of detectives, three Sgts, and 1 Lt. Which should put the entire district under 30 people. A recipe for disaster.

You should really get your facts straight before you post.

09-03-2007, 09:31 AM
So is it true Hwd is taking D-1 or not, talk about last minute Oct 1 is less than 30 days away...I know the glass palace is on pins and needles about Tuesday but somebody check on this!

09-03-2007, 02:34 PM
WHY IS HOLLYWOOD DOING THIS. DO THEY THINK BY UNDER BIDDING BSO THAT WE WILL TAKE KINDLY TO THIS? DOES THEIR COMMAND HAVE A JENNE EGO COMPLEX THAT THEY NEED TO TAKE OVER CITIES? THEY CAN’T EVEN KEEP THEIR OWN COMMAND IN LINE. THEY DON’T EVEN HAVE AUTHORITY OUTSIDE OF HOLLYWOOD. SOMEONE IN HOLLYWOOD NEEDS THEIR EGO CHECKED. THE PEOPLE OF D1 SHOULD RECONSIDER OFFERING CONTROL OF THEIR JURISDICTION TO OUTSIDE CITES. WE WILL SOON HAVE A NEW SHERIFF. I’M SURE SOMETHING CAN BE WORKED OUT. REMEMBER THOUGH WHEN THE COPS LEAVE THE CITIZENS ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE UNCIVILIZED.

Smoking Aces
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM
WHY IS HOLLYWOOD DOING THIS. DO THEY THINK BY UNDER BIDDING BSO THAT WE WILL TAKE KINDLY TO THIS? DOES THEIR COMMAND HAVE A JENNE EGO COMPLEX THAT THEY NEED TO TAKE OVER CITIES? THEY CAN’T EVEN KEEP THEIR OWN COMMAND IN LINE. THEY DON’T EVEN HAVE AUTHORITY OUTSIDE OF HOLLYWOOD. SOMEONE IN HOLLYWOOD NEEDS THEIR EGO CHECKED. THE PEOPLE OF D1 SHOULD RECONSIDER OFFERING CONTROL OF THEIR JURISDICTION TO OUTSIDE CITES. WE WILL SOON HAVE A NEW SHERIFF. I’M SURE SOMETHING CAN BE WORKED OUT. REMEMBER THOUGH WHEN THE COPS LEAVE THE CITIZENS ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE UNCIVILIZED.

BSO is not offering control to outside cities, the contract cities BSO D-1 serves are crying about money and for some wack reason the city of Hollywood is offering them a deal....They cant even police what they have, what a disaster

09-04-2007, 02:54 AM

BSO is not offering control to outside cities, the contract cities BSO D-1 serves are crying about money and for some wack reason the city of Hollywood is offering them a deal....They cant even police what they have, what a disasterThe Governors office say's that the law keeps other city's from patrolling areas outside their city limits. Call the Governors office and they will let you know, cities can offer all they want but they only have jurisdiction of police powers inside their city boundries. Don't sweat it gang, but if you ask me, Hollywood can have that city.

05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
zz

[quote=WHY]WHY IS HOLLYWOOD DOING THIS. DO THEY THINK BY UNDER BIDDING BSO THAT WE WILL TAKE KINDLY TO THIS? DOES THEIR COMMAND HAVE A JENNE EGO COMPLEX THAT THEY NEED TO TAKE OVER CITIES? THEY CAN’T EVEN KEEP THEIR OWN COMMAND IN LINE. THEY DON’T EVEN HAVE AUTHORITY OUTSIDE OF HOLLYWOOD. SOMEONE IN HOLLYWOOD NEEDS THEIR EGO CHECKED. THE PEOPLE OF D1 SHOULD RECONSIDER OFFERING CONTROL OF THEIR JURISDICTION TO OUTSIDE CITES. WE WILL SOON HAVE A NEW SHERIFF. I’M SURE SOMETHING CAN BE WORKED OUT. REMEMBER THOUGH WHEN THE COPS LEAVE THE CITIZENS ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE UNCIVILIZED.

BSO is not offering control to outside cities, the contract cities BSO D-1 serves are crying about money and for some wack reason the city of Hollywood is offering them a deal....They cant even police what they have, what a disasterThe Governors office say's that the law keeps other city's from patrolling areas outside their city limits. Call the Governors office and they will let you know, cities can offer all they want but they only have jurisdiction of police powers inside their city boundries. Don't sweat it gang, but if you ask me, Hollywood can have that city.[/quote:3uqqyptr]

And you can see who is still patrolling south Broward. It is ceertainly not Navarro Security.