PDA

View Full Version : Generation "X" Deputy

07-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I remember being a rookie here many years ago, the seasoned vets would not talk to you until they thought you could be trusted. The shift Sgt. almost never even said a word to you until you proved yourself on the shift. Things were definetely more simplified back then, no OC spray, no tasers, you weren't afraid about who your backup was, everyone could be counted on back then. Now fast forward to around 1996 and I have seen a trend , a new breed of deputy that is being hired here. Mama's boys, flakes, do nothings, for the most part. Generation "X" employees, you know, the kind that barely does enough to get by. We have some of them on my shift and no matter how much you try and tell them about being just a little more proactive they take it either too personal or think you are out of touch with reality. Well, I am not senile and do not take Geritol, but I know that with this new breed it only spells trouble down the road. I am so happy to be leaving here very soon, it is not the BSO that I was so excited to work for many moons ago.

07-23-2007, 06:52 PM
You just figured this out now?...But ya know..every now and then , a rare exception comes thru and a real cop emerges...but yes most newbies just shit talk and demand things....This department needs an enema..I hear its coming next month

07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
You just figured this out now?...But ya know..every now and then , a rare exception comes thru and a real cop emerges...but yes most newbies just shizzat talk and demand things....This department needs an enema..I hear its coming next month I've known about this new breed for a long time, nothing to figure out, I've just not commented till now as I was hoping that things would change and this place would get it's head and A S S wired to try and get some decent deputies hired.

07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
South Broward District just washed out some punk that had "Dade County" tattoo''d on his forearms. The garbage in personnel should be fired for hiring these kind of punks. I guess this is "the face of BSO".

07-24-2007, 12:37 AM
South Broward District just washed out some punk that had "Dade County" tattoo''d on his forearms. The garbage in personnel should be fired for hiring these kind of punks. I guess this is "the face of BSO".

There's a guy I believe in Dania who has a tattoo across the side of his neck. Looks like a gang banger....Another professional!!!!

07-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I agree with you dinasaurs...too much whining. Too many neack tatoo's and gold teeth. There is also alot of whining from old timers too. When I need a backup I know who to call. I have taken many calls with old timers who are scared to ruin thier pensions by continuing to be cops. So....it goes both ways.

07-24-2007, 04:27 AM
I believe that this is a trend across all law enforcement. Not just in BSO. The issue of liability has become a priority over police work. I have been reading articles where officers have been arrested for violating policy, i.e. - improper use of pepper spray and then charged with battery. If this is allowed to continue most cops will begin to secong guess their actions which we know leads to hesitation which leads to being killed or hurt.
After I left BSO, and some may know my story, I still speak to depuites who tell me that they have not written a ticket in a year. The amazing thing is that this seems to be OK with the supervisors.
I know when I worked in D11 you could not drive down Atlantic or Hammondville and not see a traffic stop. We were always doing something. I drive thru that city now at night and see no one.
I have been reading the posts in this site and the bashing is useless. I believe that alot of the disharmony rests on the shoulders of the admin. The agency has no direction, no leadership(at the top) and definitely no unity.
I hope that if or when Jenne leaves that things will change but the big problem is that many of the supervisors that are in place will still be there and many should not be.

07-24-2007, 12:54 PM

Best part is he banged in sick while on FTO to get it done!

07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
[quote="Thank God":5posmy7h]South Broward District just washed out some punk that had "Dade County" tattoo''d on his forearms. The garbage in personnel should be fired for hiring these kind of punks. I guess this is "the face of BSO".

There's a guy I believe in Dania who has a tattoo across the side of his neck. Looks like a gang banger....Another professional!!!![/quote:5posmy7h]

Dont judge a book by its cover.... The guy in dania you speak of is a great cop and all of you would be lucky to have him as a partner.

07-25-2007, 02:34 AM
[quote="Thank God":2rfw44fa]South Broward District just washed out some punk that had "Dade County" tattoo''d on his forearms. The garbage in personnel should be fired for hiring these kind of punks. I guess this is "the face of BSO".

There's a guy I believe in Dania who has a tattoo across the side of his neck. Looks like a gang banger....Another professional!!!!

Dont judge a book by its cover.... The guy in dania you speak of is a great cop and all of you would be lucky to have him as a partner.[/quote:2rfw44fa]

I don't think anybody is questioning the ability to be a good cop here. The neck tatts and letters up & down the arms are rather thuggish. They don't portray a good image. Yes, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I'm sure this guy in Dania is a good cop. There was another good cop here once, I don't think he had any tatts (at least visible). He even made Detective of the Year right before he was arrested. I don't remember what for (Drugs, burglary or both). It's just that the public would obviously perceive the neck tatts in a negative way, thus bringing down the agency's image. It's not fair for him, but that's what you have to think about before you get the artwork done. :| [/b]

07-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Well, I betcha back in the "good ol' days" cops were actually backed by their administration, not thrown under the bus. Cops were cops, not civil counselors. So, if you wanna complain about cops not being cops, why not start with the administration that made it a fireable offense to be a cop?

08-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Just to let all of you know a tattoo on the neck or arms, doesn't make a person. I think a lot of people get tattoos for many reasons and just because they have tattoos where people can see them, it does not make them GANG BANGERS or THUGS!!!!! You guys are just being judgemental and as far as the public goes, I am sure that they don't care what you look like when they are in NEED or our assistance......and the agency does not care about tattoos, WHY SHOULD YOU!!!!!

08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Just to let all of you know a tattoo on the neck or arms, doesn't make a person. I think a lot of people get tattoos for many reasons and just because they have tattoos where people can see them, it does not make them GANG BANGERS or THUGS!!!!! You guys are just being judgemental and as far as the public goes, I am sure that they don't care what you look like when they are in NEED or our assistance......and the agency does not care about tattoos, WHY SHOULD YOU!!!!!

Let's have beards, piercings, weird hats, gold teeth, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere. I guess we are desperate in hiring anything that will pass a polygraph and background.

08-01-2007, 11:08 PM

Let's have beards, piercings, weird hats, gold teeth, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere. I guess we are desperate in hiring anything that will pass a polygraph and background.

Agree! You want a certain type of job then you conform to standards. You dont like it then go elsewhere....dont make us all look bad because you want to be a wanna be thug. And yes, the breed theyve been hiring is low class and the promotions for the past year are a joke. Total incompetents getting rank. People who have never worked the road because they KNOW someone are now road Sgts and pieces of garbage. The Sgts are a joke around here. And I dont mean all......just the ones with their hooks....thats the only way they could ever get anywhere is to whine to their connections. And their lousy work output shows it. And we all know who they are........

08-02-2007, 12:08 AM
i think all that hair gel they use has warped their good sense !

Generation X
08-02-2007, 01:12 AM
You all sit here and complain about Deputy’s having tattoos and being portrayed as thugs cause of it, when I bet you are that over weight fat slob with ketchup and mustard stains on his uniform that is caught sitting at the coffee shop or under a tree. You want to talk about pride a professionalism take your fat ass back to the gym so when I stop a real thug on the street I know I can count on you being more then a waste of space.

The real problem in this agency is the old generation that let themselves go, and they get out of breathe just from traveling from there couches to the refrigerator to grab another turkey leg to naw on. So the bottom line I guess is my tattoos will not prevent me from chasing down some thug that hurt another Deputy but you being fat will. So what is more important! :evil:

08-02-2007, 01:58 AM
You all sit here and complain about Deputy’s having tattoos and being portrayed as thugs cause of it, when I bet you are that over weight fat slob with ketchup and mustard stains on his uniform that is caught sitting at the coffee shop or under a tree. You want to talk about pride a professionalism take your fat arse back to the gym so when I stop a real thug on the street I know I can count on you being more then a waste of space.

The real problem in this agency is the old generation that let themselves go, and they get out of breathe just from traveling from there couches to the refrigerator to grab another turkey leg to naw on. So the bottom line I guess is my tattoos will not prevent me from chasing down some thug that hurt another Deputy but you being fat will. So what is more important! :evil:

I semi-agree with you Mr. X....Most Older Deputies are out of shape... but there has to be a "cap" on body art. The "305" "Thug Life" tattoo's are just that...too thug. The gold teeth and "Grilz" are not showing a great example to children. I too am in good shape and also have tattoos but mine are hidden during work. I'd rather be with you while chasing down dangerous criminals.....but not so much explaining my case to a jury that goes alot by how we portray ourselves.

08-02-2007, 02:43 AM
First of all, u guys talking about other cops are a bunch of rats!!!!!! Lets start worrying about eliminating the rats in the agency. I seem to have a bigger problem with rats talk crap then some guy that has a tattoo on his neck. It sux when you are trying to be a real cop and you have to watch your back all the time. Rats run this agency, I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk behind fellow Deps. backs.

And all you guys that disagree with me are RATS!!!

P.S We got you Chico, WE RIDE TOGETHER WE DIE TOGETHER BAD BOYS FOR LIFE!

From a Thug arse Cop You already Know!

08-02-2007, 06:04 AM
I DEFINETLY AGREE WITH MR. X.....and with all the FAT OVERWEIGHT Deputies that I have seen in this agency, I WOULD BE EMBARASSED ABOUT THIS AGENCY'S IMAGE TOO!!!!!!!

08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
And by the way the "Generation X" Crowd are those the grew up from the late 70's to early 90's. Generation X is more likely to sport a mullet with purple hair hair dye and hair spray than a tatoo. Most are around 40 years old now. The Generation you are refering to is often called Generation Y or Generation ME. Because that is all they look out for. Now excuse my while I go listen to my WhiteSnake Greatest Hits album. (Long Live the LP!)

08-02-2007, 01:05 PM
[quote=Bori]Just to let all of you know a tattoo on the neck or arms, doesn't make a person. I think a lot of people get tattoos for many reasons and just because they have tattoos where people can see them, it does not make them GANG BANGERS or THUGS!!!!! You guys are just being judgemental and as far as the public goes, I am sure that they don't care what you look like when they are in NEED or our assistance......and the agency does not care about tattoos, WHY SHOULD YOU!!!!!

Agree! You want a certain type of job then you conform to standards. You dont like it then go elsewhere....dont make us all look bad because you want to be a wanna be thug. And yes, the breed theyve been hiring is low class and the promotions for the past year are a joke. Total incompetents getting rank. People who have never worked the road because they KNOW someone are now road Sgts and pieces of garbage. The Sgts are a joke around here. And I dont mean all......just the ones with their hooks....thats the only way they could ever get anywhere is to whine to their connections. And their lousy work output shows it. And we all know who they are........[/quote:1g89xvak]

Anything else you would like to complain and whine about. Seems to me like your the joke. Youll never go anywhere. :wink:

08-02-2007, 06:48 PM
[quote="What's Next?":26swg44q][quote=Bori]Just to let all of you know a tattoo on the neck or arms, doesn't make a person. I think a lot of people get tattoos for many reasons and just because they have tattoos where people can see them, it does not make them GANG BANGERS or THUGS!!!!! You guys are just being judgemental and as far as the public goes, I am sure that they don't care what you look like when they are in NEED or our assistance......and the agency does not care about tattoos, WHY SHOULD YOU!!!!!

Agree! You want a certain type of job then you conform to standards. You dont like it then go elsewhere....dont make us all look bad because you want to be a wanna be thug. And yes, the breed theyve been hiring is low class and the promotions for the past year are a joke. Total incompetents getting rank. People who have never worked the road because they KNOW someone are now road Sgts and pieces of garbage. The Sgts are a joke around here. And I dont mean all......just the ones with their hooks....thats the only way they could ever get anywhere is to whine to their connections. And their lousy work output shows it. And we all know who they are........[/quote:26swg44q]

Anything else you would like to complain and whine about. Seems to me like your the joke. Youll never go anywhere. :wink:[/quote:26swg44q]

I have met many good and honorable people with Tatts, piercing and such. Some of the best art work I have seen is in professional Tatts. Most are hard working individuals, such as mechanics, landscapers and the such. And yes some cops. However, most are in professions where public perception does not have so much weight.
YOU have CHOOSEN to enter a field where we fight to earn reputations as professionals. Fight for fair contracts and pay, portaying ourselves as professionals. Then we should look the part. Stay fit, dress clean in a professional looking uniform and keep your Tatts and piercing in a manner that will maintain a professional appearance while in uniform. That responsibilty belongs to us all. Not just the fat, old, young or the ones with Tatts.

08-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Professionalism, Professionalism, Professionalism!

If you want to be treated as a professional you must look like one and present yourself as one. That means staying in good physical shape, keeping a clean uniform & patrol car, hiding the tatoos & piercings, watching the language and treating all people with respect. If you maintain all of these things the County Commission and the public will be more likely to treat you as professionals, which hopefully will reflect in the contracts.

Everyone should keep this in mind, because trust me, I know I have a difficult time giving respect to the overweight, sloppy looking pig with his shirt half untucked, pulling up in a dirty & dented up patrol car. The same goes for the guy that gets out all buffed up with tats all over thinking he's big SH_T. Present yourself in either of these ways and more than likely your going to get attitude from whomever you are approaching. Self-confidence is good, ****iness and laziness are bad.

Just something to keep in mind.

08-02-2007, 08:45 PM
First of all, u guys talking about other cops are a bunch of rats!!!!!! Lets start worrying about eliminating the rats in the agency. I seem to have a bigger problem with rats talk crap then some guy that has a tattoo on his neck. It sux when you are trying to be a real cop and you have to watch your back all the time. Rats run this agency, I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk behind fellow Deps. backs.

You my friend, are a joke.

08-03-2007, 03:49 AM
[quote="Monkey Dog 123":36n22zeu]First of all, u guys talking about other cops are a bunch of rats!!!!!! Lets start worrying about eliminating the rats in the agency. I seem to have a bigger problem with rats talk crap then some guy that has a tattoo on his neck. It sux when you are trying to be a real cop and you have to watch your back all the time. Rats run this agency, I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk behind fellow Deps. backs.

You my friend, are a joke.[/quote:36n22zeu]

HEY YOUR WIFE didn't seem to think I was a joke last night. Why is your name Prime Example.... oh let me guess cuz your a prime example of CRAP that this agency has!! Have fun making Lt. soon you RAT!

08-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Yo monkey Dog 123 is right, there are alot of rats eating their way into this department. Who cares about Tattoos, Lets just get money. All im about is getting these Frogs to higher the Detail rate and give a bigger pay increase.

Who cares about Generation X, I'm about Generation $$$$

These PBA people better do the right thing this year!

08-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I am tattooed and also a fat ass. Which category do I fit in: a deputy that calls everyone a rat or the one who despises body art? Do we need to continue to be a-holes to each other or respect each other and work together? What is important is that your bubby (either being fat or tattooed) will be there when you need him the most when your finger presses the 10-24 button.

08-03-2007, 06:52 PM
[quote="Prime Example":27n51vxy][quote="Monkey Dog 123":27n51vxy]First of all, u guys talking about other cops are a bunch of rats!!!!!! Lets start worrying about eliminating the rats in the agency. I seem to have a bigger problem with rats talk crap then some guy that has a tattoo on his neck. It sux when you are trying to be a real cop and you have to watch your back all the time. Rats run this agency, I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk behind fellow Deps. backs.

You my friend, are a joke.[/quote:27n51vxy]

HEY YOUR WIFE didn't seem to think I was a joke last night. Why is your name Prime Example.... oh let me guess cuz your a prime example of CRAP that this agency has!! Have fun making Lt. soon you RAT![/quote:27n51vxy]

You are too funny....is "cuz" supposed to be because or cousin??If you hate this agency so much.....quit. That simple. Peace out! LMAO

08-03-2007, 08:22 PM
take away their ankle socks and hair dippity doo

08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
take away their ankle socks and hair dippity doo

YEAH, WHAT'S UP WITH THE ANKLE SOCKS? THEY CROSS THEIR LEGS AND THEIR ANKLES ARE SO SKINNY, THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THE LONG SOCKS TO COVER THEM UP. TOO FUNNY. :shock: :?

08-23-2007, 06:36 AM
X9439, what happened to you is a shame. BSO needs more deps like you and less Lou Perry's. You were a hard worker and a dependable 94. Glad you kept your cert. On another note, I would suggest you run for Sheriff, but I fear our units may get outfitted with blue hood lights, printers, wi-fi antennas, satellite receivers, transponders, neon license plates, and our individual names printed on the doors to amuse neighborhood school children (just kidding....had to raz you on that one). Good luck!

08-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Yo Dawg wrote:I have met many good and honorable people with Tatts, piercing and such. Some of the best art work I have seen is in professional Tatts. Most are hard working individuals, such as mechanics, landscapers and the such. And yes some cops. However, most are in professions where public perception does not have so much weight.
YOU have CHOOSEN to enter a field where we fight to earn reputations as professionals. Fight for fair contracts and pay, portaying ourselves as professionals. Then we should look the part. Stay fit, dress clean in a professional looking uniform and keep your Tatts and piercing in a manner that will maintain a professional appearance while in uniform. That responsibilty belongs to us all. Not just the fat, old, young or the ones with Tatts.

Longtimer Dep. wrote:I remember being a rookie here many years ago, the seasoned vets would not talk to you until they thought you could be trusted. The shift Sgt. almost never even said a word to you until you proved yourself on the shift. Things were definetely more simplified back then, no OC spray, no tasers, you weren't afraid about who your backup was, everyone could be counted on back then. Now fast forward to around 1996 and I have seen a trend , a new breed of deputy that is being hired here. Mama's boys, flakes, do nothings, for the most part. Generation "X" employees, you know, the kind that barely does enough to get by. We have some of them on my shift and no matter how much you try and tell them about being just a little more proactive they take it either too personal or think you are out of touch with reality. Well, I am not senile and do not take Geritol, but I know that with this new breed it only spells trouble down the road. I am so happy to be leaving here very soon, it is not the BSO that I was so excited to work for many moons ago.

I agree with both posts. I also agree about the unfair way promotions are handled. I mean this is why this agency is in the shape it's in. Five years road experience in a real dist. should be required for the Sgt. test. We are in dire need of change! I hope it comes soon. Get rid of those cronies responsible for the powertrack fiasco. The mafia must die!

04-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Good post

04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Good post

Why are you pulling up posts from 4 yrs ago.. Get a life

04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
This place will NEVER change. In ten years it will be the same complaints.