PDA

View Full Version : Please Support

07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I heard that the Broward PBA is possibly allowing our agency to have its own charter. I really support this and hope the rest of you guys and girls will too. Please think of some people you would like to have as an executive board. Reach out to these people and ask them to run.

07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
So it would be a BSO group.....overseen by Brickman for life?

07-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Your PBA reps voted to not go the route of a BSO chapter. Instead they agreed on 8 at large members and a mandated voted in rep from each district. Like is more really better......
The PBA members should have been given a chance to decide on what they wanted vs what a small group of PBA reps, some not even assigned to the district they represent thought was best.

07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey PBA rep get it right! There was never an option to have our own charter just the idea of more representation. Get it right before you put it out there if you are even a rep and you were there and listened that was not the issue at all. And no one voted on anything like you claimed. Come to think of it I seriously doubt you are even a rep. There was no vote!

07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Your PBA reps voted to not go the route of a BSO chapter. Instead they agreed on 8 at large members and a mandated voted in rep from each district. Like is more really better......
The PBA members should have been given a chance to decide on what they wanted vs what a small group of PBA reps, some not even assigned to the district they represent thought was best.

How Fing typical. The reps voted without even speaking to the constituants, us the deputies they actually represent. What a joke. Why not have a meeting where all the member can attend and voice our opinion and get the facts and discuss the issues without ****man and the rest of his lackies there. Once the plan is iorned out then have a vote. Just keep railroading the deputies and they will eventually have enough. I say we all cancell our memberships and get legal insurance from APGAR about $20 a month and they will represent you at IA or where ever. Maybe not on scene of a shooting, but why do I need an attorney on scene. Just respectfully advise the IA idoit that you will not speak untill you have an attorney. They cannot force you to speak. GOD I HATE THE PBA AND BSO. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETIRE!!!!

:evil:

07-23-2007, 03:18 AM

How Fing typical. The reps voted without even speaking to the constituants, us the deputies they actually represent. What a joke. Why not have a meeting where all the member can attend and voice our opinion and get the facts and discuss the issues without ****man and the rest of his lackies there. Once the plan is iorned out then have a vote. Just keep railroading the deputies and they will eventually have enough. I say we all cancell our memberships and get legal insurance from APGAR about $20 a month and they will represent you at IA or where ever. Maybe not on scene of a shooting, but why do I need an attorney on scene. Just respectfully advise the IA idoit that you will not speak untill you have an attorney. They cannot force you to speak. GOD I HATE THE PBA AND BSO. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETIRE!!!! Again there was (NO) vote by the members just ideas that were kicked around for better representation but you write what you want "PBA REP" everyone makes up their own story... Thats whats wrong with this place...nothing was voted on Mr. "I cant wait to retire!" It was an idea for the PBA to bring to you guys if in fact if it ever comes about. But go ahead, listen to morons like PBA REP "which he isn't" or he would have known"! Not defending the PBA it's your choice but christ get the original story right!"

:evil:

07-23-2007, 03:39 AM
PBA rep is close but there was no vote, there was discusssion on a BSO chapter. But again nothing got out to the membership to see what they wanted....... :oops:

07-24-2007, 06:37 PM
4000 CCN wrote:
PBA rep, First let me applaud your effort to have some real dialogue on this site. I believe that the members feel slighted; first we work for an administration that may find themselves on the other side of the Law. Second most feel that the Broward PBA throws it’s members to the wolves, sure they may hire an attorney for the big cases, but they disregard the concerns of the grunts, you know the minor little things (the broken windows) where they tell you “oh it’s just one day off” or “overtime is a privilege not a right” or “take the transfer, change is good”. Sometimes these little things mean a lot to that person. We do need our own lodge, we are too big to be run by people outside of our ranks, who’s going to care more. But most important, we need reps who can’t be intimidated by the Administration. It’s really going to be hard for one of us to sit at the negotiation table across from the bosses and say no that’s unacceptable, without thinking in the back of their mind “what are they going to do to me for that”.
I don’t have all of the answers, but I know we need change. Morale is in the gutter; they are promoting rookies when people with twenty years on are overlooked. New cars are given to the flavor of the day instead of the most mileage. Why aren’t we able to bid on the district we want. Why do Deputies just out of the academy go to the cushy districts, while vets work year after year in the S@#$ hole districts. Why is there no job protection for specialized units, Oh yeah Brickman said that “because there is no test to get in” that’s cleaver. I guess a person who learns there new job, puts an enormous effort into the position, gets excellent evals over several years, doesn’t deserve to be protected. The point is we have serious problems and we need serious people to handle them. Thanks for your time, and I hope this intelligent dialogue will continue.

Yes, I also believe we need our own chapter. I've always thought that there was no way Brickman would push for anybody under the PBA to get a better contract than his Hollywood. But there lies the problem. When Navarro was here, we were our own FOP lodge. And exactly that. If the lodge president pushed too far for us, they'd find themselves transferred to a unpleasent assignment. Maybe we could find a decent executive board from our retired friends. I find it strange that most of the articles of the contract are agreed upon with little or no argument. Most of them have been fine for the past several contracts. Let's put fairness into being selected for units / promotion. Lets give veteran Deputies extra points towards promotion, etc.. Make senority shift assignment and days off selection the policy in all districts. New cars based on milage. (I had an '88 Diplomat with over 130,000 once). Once little things like these and others are addressed, I know morale would jump. :D

07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
4000 CCN wrote:
PBA rep, First let me applaud your effort to have some real dialogue on this site. I believe that the members feel slighted; first we work for an administration that may find themselves on the other side of the Law. Second most feel that the Broward PBA throws it’s members to the wolves, sure they may hire an attorney for the big cases, but they disregard the concerns of the grunts, you know the minor little things (the broken windows) where they tell you “oh it’s just one day off” or “overtime is a privilege not a right” or “take the transfer, change is good”. Sometimes these little things mean a lot to that person. We do need our own lodge, we are too big to be run by people outside of our ranks, who’s going to care more. But most important, we need reps who can’t be intimidated by the Administration. It’s really going to be hard for one of us to sit at the negotiation table across from the bosses and say no that’s unacceptable, without thinking in the back of their mind “what are they going to do to me for that”.
I don’t have all of the answers, but I know we need change. Morale is in the gutter; they are promoting rookies when people with twenty years on are overlooked. New cars are given to the flavor of the day instead of the most mileage. Why aren’t we able to bid on the district we want. Why do Deputies just out of the academy go to the cushy districts, while vets work year after year in the S@#$ hole districts. Why is there no job protection for specialized units, Oh yeah Brickman said that “because there is no test to get in” that’s cleaver. I guess a person who learns there new job, puts an enormous effort into the position, gets excellent evals over several years, doesn’t deserve to be protected. The point is we have serious problems and we need serious people to handle them. Thanks for your time, and I hope this intelligent dialogue will continue.

Yes, I also believe we need our own chapter. I've always thought that there was no way Brickman would push for anybody under the PBA to get a better contract than his Hollywood. But there lies the problem. When Navarro was here, we were our own FOP lodge. And exactly that. If the lodge president pushed too far for us, they'd find themselves transferred to a unpleasent assignment. Maybe we could find a decent executive board from our retired friends. I find it strange that most of the articles of the contract are agreed upon with little or no argument. Most of them have been fine for the past several contracts. Let's put fairness into being selected for units / promotion. Lets give veteran Deputies extra points towards promotion, etc.. Make senority shift assignment and days off selection the policy in all districts. New cars based on milage. (I had an '88 Diplomat with over 130,000 once). Once little things like these and others are addressed, I know morale would jump. :D

Unregistered
02-04-2017, 05:08 AM
Memories ?????