PDA

View Full Version : C/O'S SHOULD START BEHAVING MORE PROFESSIONAL!

07-21-2007, 12:40 AM
I'M NOT GOING TO GET TOO DEEP INTO IT BUT I'VE BROUGHT 39'S INTO TGK AND HAD CERTAIN C/O'S FORGET WHOSE SIDE THEIR ON. I HAD ONE TRY TO GET "FUNNY" WITH ME IN FRONT OF SOME 39'S AND LIKE 6 OF THEM AND A FEW 39'S THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AND STARTED LAUGHING. I JUST TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. I COULD'VE FILED A COMPLAINT BUT I'M NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I'M DEALING WITH OTHER PRISONERS NOT C/O'S. MIND YOU, I STILL CUT THEM BREAKS WHEN I STOP THEM. HMMM, MAYBE THAT SHOULD CHANGE? :roll:

09-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Lick my bunghole. Thank you.

09-11-2007, 04:32 AM
IT SHOULD CHANGE. I ALONG WITH MANY OTHER OFFICERS STOPPED GIVING C/O'S BREAKS A LONG TIME AGO. I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE. MOST OF THEM TAKE THE 39'S SIDE OVER YOURS. PROBABLY BECAUSE SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN 39'ED BEFORE.
REMEMBER THIS C/O'S...YOU CAN HAVE US OUT THERE FOREVER WAITING WITH A 39 WHILE YOU LAUGH AND JOKE AROUND INSIDE THAT RAT HOLE THAT YOU WORK IN, BUT WE CAN ALSO MAKE YOU WAIT AROUND WHILE WE WRITE YOU THAT BIG FAT TICKET(S) WHEN WE PULL YOU OVER. :lol:

09-13-2007, 02:04 AM
true, true, so true. Remember COs, stop identifying with the 39. YOU are (supposedly) the good guys, the 39 is the bad guy. Also, the PO who brings in the 39, he or she (gasp) is one of the good guys too!!!
Do me a favor, don't ask the 39 stupid questions about why they are a 39. Don't ask me about the arrest as if I am a subject.
I know that most of you's know the 39s from family relations and the 'hood, but that's still no excuse.
Remember, YOU good, 39 bad, PO good. Simple enough?
PS -- Don't **** with us. Moving violation = $$$$$$$$ :lol:

10-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Start slamming there asses with tickets maybe they will get the picture.. by the way most of them have expired Dl's. or as was mentioned most of the 39's that are brought to TGK have family members that work there.

10-19-2007, 06:10 PM
REMINDS ME OF A TIME THAT I BROUGHT A 39 IN FOR AGG BATTERY WITH A KNIFE. OF COARSE THE GUY WAS A SHIZZAT BAG AND THE FEMALE C/O THAT WAS THERE KEPT TELLING HIM "YOUR A STRONG BLACK MAN." "YOU GONNA BE ALRIGHT CUZ YOU A STRONG BLACK MAN." I WAS JUST THINKING WHAT THE F*&K! HE'S A FREAKING 40 OVER ALPHA. I DONT KNOW, JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THAT. HAVE A GOOD ONE.

10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
IT WAS PROBABLY HER COUSIN OR ANOTHER ONE OF HER FAMILY MEMBERS. :?

10-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I agree with all the posts C/O's get no brakes from me either and i now work in broward i workedin northside for about 1 year and moved to broward because of the take home car issue and me having to move to dade but i must say that any time i saw a C/O with my prisoner they where like best friends i felt like i was the person who was out of place. C/O's are the worst it seems like they all know the people we take to jail and boy do they show it when you go to TGK the C/O's need to act like they are on our side if they want a brake. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

10-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree with all the posts C/O's get no brakes from me either and i now work in broward i workedin northside for about 1 year and moved to broward because of the take home car issue and me having to move to dade but i must say that any time i saw a C/O with my prisoner they where like best friends i felt like i was the person who was out of place. C/O's are the worst it seems like they all know the people we take to jail and boy do they show it when you go to TGK the C/O's need to act like they are on our side if they want a brake. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

A "brake" or a "break?" Learn grammar, you dumbass cop.

10-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Don't hate me just because i have the job you wish you had. You just enjoy your time at TGK because you you can then spend all your time with your cousins and brothers. Also my bad that i messed up on a spelling a word i am soooooooooooooooooo sorry. But dont worry i will write you just like any other jailer you wanabe

11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
FIRST OFF, I DON'T WORK IN MIAMI.
WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A BROTHERHOOD,YES I AM A C/O AND I DID THE POLICE THING TOO,SO I SEEN BOTH SIDES.
C/O SIDE,IS NOT THAT THEY ARE YOUR COUSIN,NEIGHBOR,GIRLFRIEND,ETC THE PROBLEM IS THAT 39'S KEEP COMING BACK AND YOU KNOW THEM AFTER 5-10 OR 15 TIMES IN JAIL, I DO AGREE SOME C/O'S ARE UNPROFESSIONAL,THEY ALSO ACT LIKE THEY ARE STILL AT HOME,BUT THEY HAVE A NEW CHIEF THAT IS BEEN CHANGING THINGS SLOWLY,LOOK AT THE C/O NEXT TIME YOU BRING A 39,THEY DON'T HAVE GOLD IN DA MOUTH,jaja,OR THEIR AFRO,WIGS OR THEIR UNIFORM IS BEING REGULATED.GIVE IT TIME AND CHIEF RYAN WILL GET IT RIGHT. TRUST ME I WORKED UNDER HIM!!!
COP-WELL,WE ONLY DEAL WITH THE 39 FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME,WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT IF THE 39 IS KICKING AND BANGING ON THE BACK SEAT WE CALL THE JAIL AND TELL THEM THEY HAVE A COMBATIVE COMING AND THEY TAKE THEM OF OUR HANDS, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE COPS WE SUPPOSE TO BE A FAMILY, WHEN YOU HAVE A 39 THAT THROWS UP IN THE BACK SEAT,WE DON'T CLEAN IT.
S.FLO IS GETTING BAD FOR US BUT WE CAN'T HAVE BEEF WITH THE PEOPLE THAT SOMETIMES WE RELY ON!!!

12-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Hey confused police officer , I would like to comment on your post. When you walk into the jail and you see what they hire, what can you possibly expect. Most of the c/o's look like they belong behind bars. STRONG BLACK MAN. give me a fu****g break. Rise to the occasion and interact with society like a normal human being and take responsibilities for your actions, you idiot.

If those but holes come thru my city in the north east, believe me, there getting a ticket. Boy, and if there DUI or their license is suspended.......
09-39......enroute to dcj with one employee.

05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
it seems like you guys dont think you may ever be incarcerated

although most police officers that come to jail
are due to sex crimes here at dcj we treat them with dignity and respect untill they are found guilty. lets not forget the domestic violence and bribery that we also overlook. until you step into the shoes of a c.o you have no clue. when you are forced to deal with violent inmates your whole shift five days a week lets see how you adapt.

05-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Boy, and they say racism does not exist anymore! Wow! For the record, most Police Officers will never understand what it takes to work behind closed walls or fences. They will never understand that to work in this kind of enviorment you have to respect the 40 over piece of crap and be able to relate to their issues as a human being no matter what their crime. They will never understand the responsibility of having to kick the s@it out of someone one minute and then sitting down and talking with them the next, like a human being, because their mother or father or child just died. For the record, most CO's know the piece of s@it your bringing in better than you. Sure, you may of arrested them 100 times in your career, but they have seen that person 1000 times in theirs. Everyone knows that criminals move from city to city, but they all come to the same jail. I don't write CO no more than I write PO's. Matter of fact, PO's are the ones who are Alpha Hotels when you pull them for doing 100 in a 30. As a CO for 10 years and a PO for 8 now, I can honestly tell you that most CO's are able to do our jobs, most PO's can't do theirs. It takes big balls to walk unarmed in a rec yard full of Signal 400's and 31 offenders, some who you have kicked the shit out of and not blink a eye. We as a law-enforcement community in SoFlo need to have respect and humility for each other and the type of jobs we do. It amazes me when I travel to other states and they find out I'm a PO and they treat me like a movie star, just out of respect for the shared occupation.

05-15-2008, 02:57 AM
I guess the only thing that has been saving my ALPHA in South FLorida is being able to show 2 badges (CO and PO). I never knew it was so much animosity down here in the south. As for Miami-Dade, I wonder what would it be like if they assumed their maiden title... "(Miami) Dade County Sheriff's Office" where the POs were once COs. I just wonder!

MDCR
05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
are you guys serious? this thread must be a joke! instead of making senseless points and b itching like lil kids you guys seem to forget that we still work hand to hand with each other. NO department is perfect and there is NOTHING wrong with having compassion for people who come to jail. to be honest, we tend to take this position of power to a whole new level and we forget these people who commit crimes are bad people, yet still HUMANS. now being a correctional officer, i have alot of respect for police officers, but u guys making comments like you really know what goes on inside the jail house.... CO1s do not have the authority to rush the lockdown period. that shiit is the call of our supervisors. yeah it may seem long but where else do u gotta go? u that much in a rush to go arrest someone else?? chill it and lets be professional

MDCR

06-27-2008, 04:09 AM
I worked at SFRC for 6 years before I became a PO 14 years ago, and I remember MDPD cops would shi t when they had to leave thier guns in the control room before they entered the compound to handle a 45 or a 33. Im a narc detective now but I was on motors for 8 years and I stopped a lot CO's, I did stroke one fed co for 110 in a 30!. Due to the number of 52 subjects I deal with now, I have a few that have flipped and one thing they tell me is how there are CO's in both state and county bringing in cell phones and drugs, Its a matter of time before that inmate is testifying against you in exchange for reduced sentence! Those few idiots are putting all of us in danger and need to be weeded out and locked up, today its phones and drugs tommorow its a gun

Topdog77
10-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Ok, Im a CO with the county and these POs are soooooo right, the lack of professionalism inside our jails has gone from bad to worse, but dont blame everyone for others mistakes. These COs in the rear lobby do act like an inmate, talk like an inmate and behave like one. They are lazy, RACIST, and when they get pulled over by a PO they demand a break and whip out their badges like they deserve it. NO!!! they dont deserve it, and is not really our supervisors who make you wait when we on lockdown, is the rear lobby team, they can make it happen, but they are soo lazy that they take even longer to open up during shift change. Most of our new officers have been 39'd before, the majority of them do have most of their friiends in jail and they talk to these inmates like a friend or something, shake their hands, come on now!!! The HUman resources department is doing such a BAD JOB recruiting new officers and all they do is give an opportunity to their own, you see our academy classes with 90 % black officers mainly females and a couple of hispanics or white officers. 100 hidden files were found of hispanics applicants about 2 months ago, good candidates, and instead they gave jobs to these new guys with gang tattoos, gold teeth, who wear their uniforms with the pants down their ass. They talk like they from the GHETTO, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BLACK POLICE OFFICER BEHAVE OR ACT OR WEAR HIS UNIFORM like most of our black officers do at the jail, its a shame!!!!

POs all i ask is dont judge a book by its cover, not all of us are like the ones described above, some of us like me do respect what you do and respect you as a police officer.

12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Let me take a wild guess...your either white or hispanic? It's sad that the county jails have gotten to that point. Maybe what this county needs is a Sheriff to take over, unite the road patrol and corrections system, and clean house. That's the way most counties have it and it works. I worked for another county for a few years and let me tell you, the teamwork between road patrol and corrections was awesome. Some of the corrections officers were duel certified, so they would work the road sometimes too.

When I first stepped into the Miami-Dade county jails, I was in shock by the way most of the c/o's acted. They were very unprofessional and looked sloppy. I definitely felt the tension that they had with the police officers & I do believe what you previously mentioned about them being racist! It's sad. We should all remember that we're on the same side and part of the thin blue line. I guess for some of those guys it's still more important to "keep it real" and save their street cred.

Now, what if most of the c/o's were white? Would this be considered a racial issue and probably make some kind of mainstream media? Just food for thought.

Stay safe everyone!!

12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh by the way, there are some c/o's that I have met that have been super QRU. Not all are the same, just those rear lobby ones that make y'all look bad.

01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
I know most of you COs are not like that. Most of you do your job well. Yeah, I have had a few times where I have had a CO stopped with an attitide so bad that if an inmate had given you an attitude that bad, you would be making "special arrangements" for them but for the most part y'all have been pretty good. You are ALWAYS good when I bring in a prisoner that has that same bad attitude we discussed earlier, and I know they are going to be "shown the path" when I turn them over to you. I hope, however, Ms. "T----s" at TGK has an early retirement! Haven't seen her on the front desk for a while so maybe she has.

06-10-2010, 02:53 AM
i've worked in the rear lobby at the dade county jail for 6 years. and honestly police officer's feel that they should not have to wait to bring in a 39. you guys would not have to wait if you guys did your jobs correctly. prior to an 39 enter the jail they should have been frisk search. so why do 39 come in with knives,drugs,and even a gun. we have to protect ourselves because it is obvious that you guys only care for yourselves. police officers can a correction officer come to your precinct and tell you when to arrest and how many 39's to arrest. then please stop coming to the jail telling us how fast to intake them. thank you for your time.

10-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Could the fat lazy COs be any SLOWER? I dont want to wait around for 3 hours doing your job, checking in property, while you are in slow motion. I have things to do. And mandatory: retire at age 100 or 450 lbs, whichever comes first, thanks.

10-15-2010, 02:37 AM
I hear another CO got 39'd last night.....lol...just goes to show you..... :evil:

07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Well I have been employed with MDCR for approximately 23 years and currently serve as a lieutenant. Yes, I understand that some of our staff members have been at times unprofessional and this issue is something that we must overcome and should not be tolerated. But please, do not lump us all into the same pile. Many of us take great pride in what we do and consider our MDPD officers as brothers and sisters. I'm sure every agencies has a few knuckleheads that from time to time behave in a manner that is not consistant with the expectations of the agencies.

For those of you who have been mistreated by a CO's, all I can say is please let's forgive us and let's move on. There is no excuse for anyone to be mistreated when they bring in their 39s. In fact you guys are our guest when you enter the MDCR jails and we must treat with the utmost respect and kindness. In closing, all of us must remember, we are all in this togther.

STRENGHT & HONOR