PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
I have been contacted over the past several weeks in regards to issues with Windows Vista. So I figured since most of the calls were from officers wanting to upgrade their systems I would give a clear-cut review and some advice to help.

When it comes to upgrading to Vista I would recommend upgrading to a new system that is tailored to fit the Vista Platform. I do not recommend trying to use an older system with Vista. Vista was developed to use the latest and greatest hardware and it really is not a good fit for older computers. I have had many people try to use a computer built last year and it still had problems. The best advice is to purchase a whole new system that comes with Vista already installed. I know that sounds a little expensive but it’s the truth.

I run Vista on a brand new Toshiba laptop with not one issue. For those who have asked this question: Yes, Vista for all intensive purposes is trying to copy OS X. The Windows Mail, Contacts, and Calendar are all bad copies of Mac’s ICal, Address Book and Mail. But I think for the most part it is okay for the everyday Email and Internet browser. If you need a good virus program download “Avast” It’s free and works really well. http://www.avast.com

Hope this helps.