PDA

View Full Version : LAMBERTI, CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I am not a BSO employee, but have known many deputies and detectives within. I am not using this to bash anyone or Lamberti, main reason is I dont know the guy. I read these post about supporting Lamberti for the next Sheriff when KJ gets the boot, however correct me if I am wrong about what I am going to ask.

Is it true that Lamberti was a Major during the "Hey Days" of POWERTRAC. And if so, would'nt he have sat in all or most POWERTRAC sessions over the years. If so, where was Major Lamberti's leadership and experience when District Chief's at the direction of KJ and the 3 horsemen where posting ridiculouos Crime clearences and crime reduction numbers? Did he ever stand up to the people responsible for the scandal prior to it breaking in the media and prior to guys getting fired and charged, and if he did, what did he say or do? Did he ever challenge KJ and The Supremes. If my memory serves me correct, and I like to think that I have a pretty good memory, I do not recall hearing the name LAmberti come up anywhere, standing up for all the guys that were the sacrificial lambs in the scandal.

If I am I wrong about this, then please enlighten me. If Lamberti is as honorable and crediable as some of the Lamberti posters have claimed to be the next Sheriff, then is it his intention to vindicate all the deptuies and detectives that fell on the sword and lost their carrers over the Ken Jenne Crime Stat Scandal, and as a result of losing thier carrers, lost their friends, family, houses, finances, etc...

Again, this is not a bash, just looking for answers for those who claim to know Lamberti and support him.

Thanks

07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
In response to "Where was Al?" before, during and after the dark days of PowerTrac? In his and just about everyone else's defense; One can only push to correct issues in certain ways, times and will require leverage and teflon. What's that mean? Anyone on the inside pushing for apporpriateness would soon be uselessly on the outside and labeled as "disgruntled former employee" having no credibility. Alas, BSO-no-more.

07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
In response to "Where was Al?" before, during and after the dark days of PowerTrac? In his and just about everyone else's defense; One can only push to correct issues in certain ways, times and will require leverage and teflon. What's that mean? Anyone on the inside pushing for apporpriateness would soon be uselessly on the outside and labeled as "disgruntled former employee" having no credibility. Alas, BSO-no-more.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN TO THAT ! THESE GUYS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HEARD LAMBERTI DEFEND ONE OF THOSE DEPUTIES, AND HIS BUTT WOULD HAVE BEEN BACK IN POMPANO AS PATROL DEPUTY. YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THIS. THOSE ON THE TOP HATE LAMBERTI BECAUSE HE IS A REAL MAN AND A REAL GOOD COP. AMEN.

07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Under the vicious and vindictive direction of Ken Jenne and the magnificent backstabbing, hatchet trio of Carney, Brenan and Auer, Powertrack was run like a Gestapo meeting. Desenters were quickly, verbally chastized, ripped to shreds behind the scenes and many times threatened with a pink slip, although not verbally or officially at all times. The entire atmosphere at BSO among the senior staff is one of unbridaled arrogance and intimidation It is a well known fact.

Al Lamberti, for one, never played any of their "games" , and therefore never had to be involved in any of the ongoing nonsence and intimidation conducted by the 4 Powertrack masters. Why do you think he is still a Major?? HELLO!!! He did his job and continues to do it well. As for coming to the support of the troops....just ask them their feelings about Al Lamberti. The response will speak for itself. Sure there will always be a detractor or two, all with self serving motives. Take a survey among sworn and civilian personnel. You bet your spit-shined dress boots that l;amberti will be on the top of the lise for Jenne's replacement. Remember one thing: Silence can never be misquoted, only mis interpreted. A smart leader knows this. Lamberti is as smart as they come. I invite ANYONE to question his loyalty to the rank and file or his leadership abilities. He would make a great and effective Sheriff.

07-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I am not a BSO employee, but have known many deputies and detectives within. I am not using this to bash anyone or Lamberti, main reason is I dont know the guy. I read these post about supporting Lamberti for the next Sheriff when KJ gets the boot, however correct me if I am wrong about what I am going to ask.

Is it true that Lamberti was a Major during the "Hey Days" of POWERTRAC. And if so, would'nt he have sat in all or most POWERTRAC sessions over the years. If so, where was Major Lamberti's leadership and experience when District Chief's at the direction of KJ and the 3 horsemen where posting ridiculouos Crime clearences and crime reduction numbers? Did he ever stand up to the people responsible for the scandal prior to it breaking in the media and prior to guys getting fired and charged, and if he did, what did he say or do? Did he ever challenge KJ and The Supremes. If my memory serves me correct, and I like to think that I have a pretty good memory, I do not recall hearing the name LAmberti come up anywhere, standing up for all the guys that were the sacrificial lambs in the scandal.

If I am I wrong about this, then please enlighten me. If Lamberti is as honorable and crediable as some of the Lamberti posters have claimed to be the next Sheriff, then is it his intention to vindicate all the deptuies and detectives that fell on the sword and lost their carrers over the Ken Jenne Crime Stat Scandal, and as a result of losing thier carrers, lost their friends, family, houses, finances, etc...

Again, this is not a bash, just looking for answers for those who claim to know Lamberti and support him.

Thanks Your admiited reference to not being a BSO employee is noted; however, let the record be clear that situations involving individuals of rank not challenging or attacking their superiors or their policies have been long established in both the law enforcement profession and in the business world. Be honest with yourself and realize what would happen to you if you challenged your superiors on programs and policies that they believed or were told to believe would be effective for the organization, especially, when you are outnumbered 3 to 1 or maybe even 10 to 1. Lamberti's silence was in his best interest to protect himself from reprisals that would have emanated from a very cunning and vindicative group of jealous zealots. Yes, jealous zealots who permeate the very fabric of this profession where back stabbing is an art carried out by a vicious few bent on protecting their own turf. This describes, in detail, the likes of Tom Carney, Tom Brennan, John Auer and, of course, the king himself, Ken Jenne. If Broward County is fortunate enough to get Lamberti as Sheriff, the entire culture of that organization will change over night and, hopefully, competent people will rise to positions of authority that will enhance the effective of the organization as a whole rather than the individual himself and the citizens of Broward County will be the recipients of this good fortune. I sincerely hope you understand Lambert's reticence and, hopefully you will realize he is the best man to replace Jenne should we be fortuante enough to see him removed. Law Enforcement should be thankful to have a person of such high moral caliber, integrity, character and professionalism as Al Lamberti and, if there were more people like Lamberti in this profession, there will certainly be less for anyone, including the media, to criticize or take shots at. Semper Fi!

07-17-2007, 04:03 AM

Thanks Your admiited reference to not being a BSO employee is noted; however, let the record be clear that situations involving individuals of rank not challenging or attacking their superiors or their policies have been long established in both the law enforcement profession and in the business world. Be honest with yourself and realize what would happen to you if you challenged your superiors on programs and policies that they believed or were told to believe would be effective for the organization, especially, when you are outnumbered 3 to 1 or maybe even 10 to 1. Lamberti's silence was in his best interest to protect himself from reprisals that would have emanated from a very cunning and vindicative group of jealous zealots. Yes, jealous zealots who permeate the very fabric of this profession where back stabbing is an art carried out by a vicious few bent on protecting their own turf. This describes, in detail, the likes of Tom Carney, Tom Brennan, John Auer and, of course, the king himself, Ken Jenne. If Broward County is fortunate enough to get Lamberti as Sheriff, the entire culture of that organization will change over night and, hopefully, competent people will rise to positions of authority that will enhance the effective of the organization as a whole rather than the individual himself and the citizens of Broward County will be the recipients of this good fortune. I sincerely hope you understand Lambert's reticence and, hopefully you will realize he is the best man to replace Jenne should we be fortuante enough to see him removed. Law Enforcement should be thankful to have a person of such high moral caliber, integrity, character and professionalism as Al Lamberti and, if there were more people like Lamberti in this profession, there will certainly be less for anyone, including the media, to criticize or take shots at. Semper Fi!

I understand what your saying, but if silence is golden, then one can assume, like you qouted, he remained silent to protect his own rear end. That is not what is needed in a leader though. a leader is one that will confront the problem and stick up for the "grunts" when the time for defending is needed. All I have really heard anyone say, in regards to my first inquiry, is that he did not speak up because basically he did not want to get Blackballed by KJ and the henchmen. Is that the sign of a leader? Is that is what to be expected again in time of controversy? Someone who will not speak up because they did not want to ruffle feathers, get demoted, etc...

I personally think that is why BSO today is no where close to where BSO was years ago. Few people have the moral turpitude to stand up for what is right, or admit when there wrong. Again, if he is a good moral man, then let him prove it by, if he gets appointed or elected by vindicating all the good men that were screwed over by KJ and the crime stat scandal. These guys fired, charged, convicted lost it all by a system that KJ created and Lamberti, one can logically assume, witnessed first hand. But by not making waves, yeah he was able to keep his Major status, but by not sounding off, of the blatant corruption good guys lost there carrers.

Think about it. If theres any compassion within, think about all the guys that lost it all.

In closing, one of the best qoutes I have ever heard was from Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Brave Heart. He says to Robert the 3rd Earl of Bruce. "You have to lead, and if you lead, they will follow, and so shall I."

07-17-2007, 01:23 PM

I understand what your saying, but if silence is golden, then one can assume, like you qouted, he remained silent to protect his own rear end. That is not what is needed in a leader though. a leader is one that will confront the problem and stick up for the "grunts" when the time for defending is needed. All I have really heard anyone say, in regards to my first inquiry, is that he did not speak up because basically he did not want to get Blackballed by KJ and the henchmen. Is that the sign of a leader? Is that is what to be expected again in time of controversy? Someone who will not speak up because they did not want to ruffle feathers, get demoted, etc...

I personally think that is why BSO today is no where close to where BSO was years ago. Few people have the moral turpitude to stand up for what is right, or admit when there wrong. Again, if he is a good moral man, then let him prove it by, if he gets appointed or elected by vindicating all the good men that were screwed over by KJ and the crime stat scandal. These guys fired, charged, convicted lost it all by a system that KJ created and Lamberti, one can logically assume, witnessed first hand. But by not making waves, yeah he was able to keep his Major status, but by not sounding off, of the blatant corruption good guys lost there carrers.

Think about it. If theres any compassion within, think about all the guys that lost it all.

In closing, one of the best qoutes I have ever heard was from Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Brave Heart. He says to Robert the 3rd Earl of Bruce. "You have to lead, and if you lead, they will follow, and so shall I." Look, if Lamberti voiced opposition or consternation about what was going on, his opposition would not have had any positive effect whatsover. It would have fell on deaf ears causing a very small ripple in the water. Believe me when I tell you that if Lamberti is either appointed Sheriff or given a higher place of authority under the next administration, he will try to right all the wrongs, or at least, some of the more egregious wrongs, that have occured under Jenne's reign. Just give it some time, my friend, and have patience. I know where you are coming from and agree in part, but it's extremely difficult to buck a totalatarian system without suffering the consequences.

08-14-2009, 02:35 AM

In closing, one of the best qoutes I have ever heard was from Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Brave Heart. He says to Robert the 3rd Earl of Bruce. "You have to lead, and if you lead, they will follow, and so shall I." Look, if Lamberti voiced opposition or consternation about what was going on, his opposition would not have had any positive effect whatsover. It would have fell on deaf ears causing a very small ripple in the water. Believe me when I tell you that Just give it some time, my friend, and have patience. I know where you are coming from and agree in part, but it's extremely difficult to buck a totalatarian system without suffering the consequences.

"if Lamberti is either appointed Sheriff or given a higher place of authority under the next administration, he will try to right all the wrongs, or at least, some of the more egregious wrongs, that have occured under Jenne's reign".

yeah he made all the right moves he promoted benji

08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Don't forget he fired JP for openly supporting the other sheriff candidate. Yeah that's a "real man" a "real cops cop"

What ever, there is nothing good of Lamberti and reading the comments from the last two years it looks like the posters were right. They predicted no change will come, they predicted that Lamberti is just like Jenne, they predicted BSO was going to be run into the ground.... and so on! And here it is

08-14-2009, 11:01 PM
HE LEARNED WHAT EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO GET AHEAD LEARNED. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, SAY NOTHING BAD ABOUT ANYONE, SUCK UP TO THOSE THAT CAN PROMOTE YOU. AS A SUPERVISOR HE DIDN'T HAVE TO WALK THE FINE LINE BETWEEN DOING THE JOB LAWFULLY AND PLEASING SUPERIORS. TRUE A REAL LEADER WOULD HAVE STUCK HIS NECK OUT TO DO WHATS RIGHT. I DON'T THINK HE'S ANY WORSE THAN ANY LEADERS TODAY AND A GOOD DEAL BETTER THAN MOST.