PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Migrants...Enough is enough!!

Curios George
07-14-2007, 06:15 PM
I don’t know about anyone else but I am about tired of reading another boat load of Cuban migrants that mysteriously made their way to our shores. It seems that the only people concerned about this are CCSO. We are the ones who are committing more resources than anyone else in trying to stop this problem. Because we have our crap together the players in this illegal ring are now using other counties to stage their operations. Those counties are now trying to play catch-up in stopping what we identified several years ago to be is a serious problem and security threat to our community, state and country.

It seems to me that the U.S. Government must not take this problem as serious as we do or they would start being the aggressors in stopping these people. Comfortably standing by as we utilize our money, manpower and resources is a slap in our face as well as the citizens of our state. They should be taking the lead in stopping this problem and we should be the second line of defense, not the first.

It has been said before and I will second the concern; it is only a matter of time before more than Cuban nationals are on those boats. If our government does not have the marine assets to stop these people as soon as they leave Cuban waters then maybe they should stop financing their operations at $10,000.00 a head. Every one that comes ashore turns right around and become part of the problem. They are then taught by their family members on how to beat the laws of our country and increase our crime rates.

I might be an old man but I am not a fool and the means to stop this is very simple!! Enough is enough and we need to start putting political pressure on our representatives before it starts costing our agency more than just money.

I could go no and on but I will spare you my further rant on a problem that I believe to be out of control and ridiculously simple to stop…

Paparazzi LEO
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree George. This was not the intent when the policy allowed for paying Cuban Migrants to enter our country under the Wet Foot Dry Foot law. Those migrants actually fled in fear of their life and barely made it here on rafts and anything else that could float. Times have changed and so should our policy.

A boat full of Cuban cigars would do better in my eyes and pose less of a security risk. I am sure the smugglers would make more money at it also.

(I think my avatar would look better with a Cuban Stogie hangin out of my mouth)

Paradise
07-15-2007, 02:50 AM
It is obvious that the newcomers do not need $10,000.00 cash to get them started since they never see it anyway. Instead of cash we should pay for english lessons!

Clearly if the federal government thought this was a problem then they would be committing resources to stop them. They are looking the other way. Maybe we should too or start billing them for our services.

With the tax cuts we may not have a choice.

07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Bullcrap. the ccso is just playing a political lip service game about this. Gee, something new, huh? The marine unit is getting smaller and doing stuff other than marine law enforcement or interdiction, it has no leadership or morale (sounds like the rest of the agency huh?) and once again if it does not equal lots of tickets or comstat stats it is just not important enough to pay any real attention to.

07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
What are you talking about. The Marine unit has plenty of leadership and even though they have lost a few to retirement, some still continue to perform! The only reason why they are having to ride with a road unit once a month is due to a few old guys who do nothing and do not know how to write a report on the laptop. I call it re-training or teaching an old dog a new trick. Even though they have lost a few in the unit there is only a few that does all the work anyway, we know who they are. That is not the fault of leadership except letting it go on for so long but that is now changing. Despite all the dead wood in that unit a few still continue to do a great job stopping the illegals from operating in this county.

07-15-2007, 05:42 PM
George, isnt it funny how when the CCSO is the ONLY agency that is not in step with the rest of the world, that you and gents like you, thnk that the "rest of the world" is out of step. Within five years Cuba will be open bordered and they'll come and go as they please. CCSO is run by a loose cannon who's trying his best to prove he has worth. Running a con game on the people who live in this county, as well as the State govt offices. The money wasted on this problem which is supposed to be monitored by the federal govt, could be spent here locally on things that matter, like trying to train green and white's to 'look' for burglars and the like. Wow, there's a thought, try solving or 'preventing' crimes within the community instead of trying to train himself for some federal job he'll never get. We all, I mean all LEO's, are against illegal immigration, but the Cubans are the least of our problems. Look at this agency for what it is, an overbloated, "money in the wrong place", personal playground and training field for Sheriff Donnnnny until he's tired of it all and as before, puts in for a State job. However, THEY,,(State Judicial or Executive Office) all know him. Know he's never been on the streets and has known him for what he is. Wake up. A growing majority within this agency know this and will be reacting just before and during the elections.

07-15-2007, 06:09 PM
guestamerican the cubans are committing the crimes. They are the ones stealing the boats, running up fraudulent credit cards, operating grow houses and chop shops and more. Get a clue, it has nothing to do with the sheriff, he is upheld by law to enforce the laws of the state and that is what he is doing. If he wasnt you would be using that as another excuse for your dislike for the man. Running a con game, call it what you want but you can not deny the fact that the deputies of this county do thier job under his leadership and it works!! Look at Lee county who is out of control or for that matter the rest of the state. Your agenda is to undermine this agency with your pollution. The only person looking to gain a pollitical office is you. My boss already has one!

07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
First off, with an impending termination date, I have no cause to write anything about anyone. That said, let it begin.
Some people are good administrators regardless of thier road experience of lack there of. What the hell does it matter, so long as they do not interfere with the daily operations, which it seems they do not.
As for the "illegal immigration" issue I will say it, it felt good to pull boats off the road two days in a row...and it felt even better to make the one arrest.
It came down to this for me on those two days, either sit with my thumb up my ass and complain about how slow it was and worry about how someone in an ivory tower may look upon me not getting stats or take it to interstate (also my zone that week) and look for trouble.
The cubans are not the only ones with the illegal immigration problem.. it is just that they are far more publicized when they come ashore or get caught... how many of us have pulled over vans or truck loads of Guats or mexicans that just paid $XXXXX to come here?? Not so easy, they belnd into the fabric of our local society a little more and most of us probably dismiss them as another annoying NVDL.
I love reading all this garbage and political interplay between people who afraid to use anything to help idenitify who they really are. remember this, all these stupid posts are linked to an IP address which is unique to you and only you.... P.S. they all commit crime, just the cubans have organized rather well.

veteranrookie
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
We all, I mean all LEO's, are against illegal immigration, but the Cubans are the least of our problems.

You must be out of your mind. I'm begining to think someone went out on the interstate and put up detour signs that say "New Hialeah this way" and they (the signs) all lead to eastern Collier County. I don't know where you work in this county, but come take a look sometime at the Estates and the Golden Gate area and tell me after that "the Cubans are the least of our problems."

07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
With ties to Hugo Chavez, who fosters a great hatred for America, Castro and the Cuban immigration issue is of great importance. I stopped a Cuban with papers that said he came in through Texas from Mexico. Kind of interesting.

What if terrorists make it to Cuba, then to Venezuala, then come through Mexico into Texas? Possible? Don't you think Chavez would assist in fake documents to help them get in?

You really can't mean that the Cuban immigrants are that low on the list of things we need to address.

07-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I am shocked and appalled at the racist comments by so many herein. Just as bad is the "threat" from Big "Smart" about I.P. addresses. Good grief. All these flaming rookies and soooo little time to beat some sense into them.

ReelsouthernLeo
07-18-2007, 01:39 AM
I think that Zonedrone hit the bigger problem on the head. If poor Cuban families are willing to pay $10,000 to get here, don't you think that a terrorist would be willing to pay 100,000 for the trip to Collier County.

I think that we are all getting sick of dealing with the smuggling issue but unfortunately we are sworn to do a job, and one of those jobs is to protect the borders of this county. We are quick to say that the immigration is no big deal, but I believe that it has already been said that once they are here they take up the family business and within two years they can't speak english but they are driving a brand new Caddy Escalade and they own two houses in the estates.

I don't know about you fools but that pisses me off.
Believe me when I say that I am willing to do a little extra work so that it isn't quite as easy to get that new Caddy.

07-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know how much the cuban nationals get from the US GOV when they land on our soil? I heard they receive between 5000 and 10000 dollars and tax breaks from the GOV.... Please correct me if I am wrong. :?:

veteranrookie
07-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I am shocked and appalled at the racist comments by so many herein. Just as bad is the "threat" from Big "Smart" about I.P. addresses. Good grief. All these flaming rookies and soooo little time to beat some sense into them.

I think the sheriff said it the best. It's not racial profiling if the only people commiting a certain type of crime are cubans.
That, in my book, is called "the writing on the wall."

Not to get preachy but I and many others have fought to keep the pride of this country strong and it pisses me off to know some jerkoff can walk onto our shores illegally and not have to at least let our government know who he is (nevermind paying some dues to stay). Of course if he comes here illegally he will live in the shadows and continue his criminal lifestyle. So no, I don't see it as a racism issue. I see it as they are the criminals and criminals deserve nothing America has to offer them. Especially not a new Caddy.

If you come to this country at least try to be a productive member of our society. By chance this man was offered the American dream. What does he do? Voluntarily, he fights and dies to preserve it.
Click the link to see a true American Hero who I was proud to have served with:

http://1-22infantry.org/kia/dervishipers.htm

the sermon is over, sorry.

07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
It's 10000-12000 per head that the gov pays. Going rate the smuggler gets paid is 10000 per head. If they (the illegal) can't pay for the trip to our shores they work it off until they get their 10000 from the gov and pay the smuggler. So, you guessed it we all pay to smuggle cubans to the US... What a plan...

07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
vertranroookie: no kneed to apoligizze for a surmen like that. you did agood. as Hunter would say "well done."

07-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Guest American and Guest, you are both very ignorant on the subject if you don't think the cubans are a tremendous crime problem for Naples. They are stealing everything that is not nailed down; including, boats, trucks of all types, peoples identities. They are almost soley responsible for dozens of marijuana grow houses in the estates. It's not racist to point out the truth. Someone who automatically jumps to a claim of racism to stop criticism usually suffers from naroticism. It's not all about you man. I assume you, Guest American, are a Cuban-America. God Bless you for your struggles and that of your people under the totalitarian Castro regime, but don't get upset because many of your countrymen who flee today are thieves and smuggler(drugs and people).

03-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I'M SORRY GUYS, BUT I AM CUBAN-AMERICAN AND I MYSELF GET ALITTLE OFFENDED BY WHAT IS BEING SAID BY SOME OF OUR MEMBERS. YES, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CUBANS COMMITTING CRIMES SUCH AS SMUGGLING, GROW HOUSES, CHOP SHOPS, ETC. BUT ARE THEY THE ONLY ONE'S COMMITTING CRIMES? NO !!! AND TO ADD TO THAT, NOT ALL CUBANS ARE CRIMINALS!!!!

I HAVE SEEN CUBANS (RESPECTABLE, HARDWORKING, AND DECENT INDIVIDUALS) GET TREATED LIKE CRAP BY OUR MEMBERS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE CUBAN. THAT IS BULLS#$@!!!

JUST BECAUSE 95% OF ALL SERIAL KILLERS IN U.S HISTORY ARE "WHITE", DOES THAT MEAN THAT ALL WHITE PEOPLE SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH? NO.

JUST BECAUSE MOST "BABY RAPERS" ARE GUATS/MEXICANS/WHITE, DO WE NEED TO TREAT THEM ALL LIKE THAT? HELL NO.

AT ONE POINT IN TIME, YOUR GRANDPARENTS, GREAT GRANDPARENTS, OR WHATEVER, CAME INTO THIS COUNTRY FROM IRELAND,GERMANY,ITALY,SCOTLAND,POLAND,CUBA,RUSSIA. .....
I BELIEVE ALL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE FROM A COMMUNIST COUNTRY HAVE THE GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO COME TO OUR BEAUTIFUL UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ENJOY THE LIBERTY AND FREEDOM WHICH OUR FORE FATHERS GUARANTEED US!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD, JUST SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION, IF YOU DARE COME INTO OUR COUNTRY, TO COMMITT CRIMES AND TO DISTURB OUR HOMELAND, THEN NO, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE HERE AND I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE OPEN GAME FOR US TO GET YOU THE F#@$ OUT.

I AM NOT IGNORANT OR BLIND, I CAN SEE THAT ALOT OF CUBANS IN THIS AREA COMMITT CRIMES, BUT I ALSO SEE THAT ALL CUBANS ARE BEING STEREOTYPED AS CRIMINALS AND THAT IS JUST PLAIN O' B.S. THERE ARE IGNORANT PEOPLE IN OUR DEPT THAT HOLD RANK (A.F) WHO ARE OPENLY RACIST AND WHO TREAT ALL MINORITIES LIKE GARBAGE, ESPECIALLY CUBANS, BUT THAT IS O.K I GUESS CONSIDERING THAT THIS IS THE SOUTH?

FOR EVERY RACE,COLOR,CREED, RELIGION, ETC... THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD, AND WITH THAT THERE ARE ALSO MANY NAMES WHICH ARE GIVEN TO THOSE "BAD" APPLES WHICH WERE CREATED TO OFFEND, INSULT, OR BELITTLE EACH CLASS, BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALL PEOPLE OF CERTAIN CULTURES ARE PORTRAYED AS "CRIMINALS" BECAUSE OF THE ACTS OF A FEW BAD APPLES??? IS THAT RIGHT? I DONT BELIEVE IT IS AND I THINK WE AS OFFICERS NEED TO BE ALITTLE MORE SENSITIVE TO THE REALITY OF LIFE. ATLEAST 85 PERCENT OF THE CUBANS THAT COME HERE ARE NOT CRIMINALS AND ARE ONLY TRYING TO RE-GROUP WITH THEIR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES HERE IN THE U.S AND ARE NOT HAPPY STRUGGLING TO LIVE IN A COMMUNIST LED COUNTRY (KIND OF SIMILAR TO HOW OR WHY YOUR ANCESTORS CAME HERE HUH?)

I, AS A PATRIOTIC AND PROUD AMERICAN, DO GET OFFENDED WHEN PEOPLE FROM ANY CULTURE OR COLOR COMMIT CRIMES. BUT I AM ALSO AWARE OF THE FACT THAT NOT ALL CUBANS,HAITIANS,BLACKS,WHITES,ASIANS,INDIANS, WHATEVER, SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED OR TREATED LIKE CRIMINALS BECAUSE OF ACTIONS OF A FEW BAD APPLES.

GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY!!!

03-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Dump truck.

03-03-2008, 03:51 AM
credit card counterfeiting, boat thefts, smuggling, chop shop, grow houses, card board theft, wooden pallet theft, etc...

What do they all have in common?

veteranrookie
03-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I DONT BELIEVE IT IS AND I THINK WE AS OFFICERS NEED TO BE ALITTLE MORE SENSITIVE TO THE REALITY OF LIFE. ATLEAST 85 PERCENT OF THE CUBANS THAT COME HERE ARE NOT CRIMINALS AND ARE ONLY TRYING TO RE-GROUP WITH THEIR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES HERE IN THE U.S AND ARE NOT HAPPY STRUGGLING TO LIVE IN A COMMUNIST LED COUNTRY (KIND OF SIMILAR TO HOW OR WHY YOUR ANCESTORS CAME HERE HUH?[/b]

Man, I've been running into that other 15% of the cuban criminal element much more often than that 85% that you speak of.

I guess I need to stay away from buying lottery tickets or any other game that involves luck until the stars realign back into this fantasy world that you describe.

You want me to appreciate the fact that you came here from oppression? Well pick up a rifle and go fight for what we as Americans believe in. Those fellas in Iraq could use the help. Then you will get respect from me.
Until then I will continue to be pissed about how much of my hard earned money goes into the hands of people who don't even have the decency to tell our government who they are and why they are here. They (illegals) continue to get something for nothing and there is something fundamentally wrong with that, anyway you slice it.

It's high time we pulled the welcome mat out from under the feet of illegals.

03-09-2008, 06:20 AM
"It's high time we pulled the welcome mat out from under the feet of illegals."

For once I actually agree with you!!! However, that will never happen because ALL politicians Democrats, Republicans, Green Party etc are all liars and thieves!!! They will tell us what we want to hear so that we vote for them and then.....BAMMMM they do the total opposite!!! Let's face it...if September 11th didn't tighten up our borders and policies on illegals, what the hell will?

03-10-2008, 09:09 PM
VR. I agree, it is sad to say, but Fidel has bred criminals over there, however, if you know anything about the crimes that are being committed and by whom. It is safe to say that these cubans that are committing these crimes have less than ten to fifteen years in this country, which is a long time, but still a product of their environment, Communism. Conversely, not the conservative and traditional cubans that came during the early 1960's. That hold good and moral values. Nevertheless, it appears that a lot of them have left the county over the obvious job cuts, maybe that will help our crime rate a little. Remember there is good and bad character in every sub culture group. I prefer the good.

03-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Great topic )))))))))))))
WBR,
Alex