PDA

View Full Version : 10-50's

07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Is anyone else a little concerned about the rookies making so many 10-50's? They should be handling their zones not stopping everything that moves.

07-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Is anyone else a little concerned about the rookies making so many 10-50's? They should be handling their zones not stopping everything that moves.

Get to know your new officers. Get their phone numbers. If something happens to go out in their zone while they are being a proactive officer give them a call and tell them. They will write their citations and handle the call in their zone so you won't have to leave the Texashell.

Complaining will not change behavior. Communication and decency will take care of this tiny problem. Try and remember what you were like when you started. You might have stopped everything that moved back then too.

07-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Get to know your new officers. Get their phone numbers. If something happens to go out in their zone while they are being a proactive officer give them a call and tell them. They will write their citations and handle the call in their zone so you won't have to leave the Texashell.

Complaining will not change behavior. Communication and decency will take care of this tiny problem. Try and remember what you were like when you started. You might have stopped everything that moved back then too.

Call takers and Pro-active, think about it.

07-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Zone partner screwer-overs and radio traffic jammers. Think about it.

07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
call takersh? if theyre busy talking to occupantsh of the vehicle or on echos schannel, jusht exactly how many callsh are they gonna take!? beshides at this shtage they probably need a few minutesh to figure out if a call ish even in their zshone, by then the previoushly porked unit ish already 97. :?

07-14-2007, 06:54 PM

I think just about everyone fresh out of the academy wants to go out and stop cars.... Everyone did that, and we all learned that there's a time and a place for it.

However, someone needs to have a chat with the "Courtesy Officer" at Palm Trace Landings. Rumor is that he was "handling" loud parties in the complex (alone) while still on FTO and less than 12 hours after being off FTO, he's stopping "signal 13v's" in the complex while off duty. It's embarassing when he gets on the radio ("IT'S A KIDNAPPING") in the first place, much less when he's off-duty and should be keeping out of sight.

This whole "new generation" is scary. Between the one who goes out in the city and then misses the academy the next day, and this FNG, our future is friggin' bleak....

07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
so you won't have to leave the Texashell.
Complaining will not change behavior.[/quote]
Isnt that what your doing by stating the above?? Your right we were them but its the mobil that we hang out at ,you jumped to your conclusion prematurely like your post

07-15-2007, 12:22 AM

great advise, thanks sarge

07-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Nobody who's not a do nothing loser is concerned. Afraid they're gonna make you look bad by not avoiding police work?

07-15-2007, 01:36 AM
We need to stop all this BS. The public is watching and we are in a contract year. This site makes us sound like a bunch of 2 year olds. Try putting positive things on this site. If things are so bad, go. This is a good place to work. try a positive attitude and you may just like it here. Do not worry about others, they will get what is coming to them. (They only make up 1% of our PD) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

07-15-2007, 05:54 AM
The problem is that some of these rookies never get out of the 10-50 mode and continue to do it throughout their career. They are totally oblivious to calls going out in their zones. One only needs to look at a certain female on day shift. Not only does she go 50 all day, she bones others with calls in her zone by pulling over a car while enroute to a call. Another thing she is famous for is staying "10-6" on traffic enforcement to avoid calls. To top it off, she is the newest FTO. I'm sorry, but I don't want one of her trainees next to me. She is a pathetic excuse for a cop and should have never been passed on FTO.

07-15-2007, 12:11 PM
i agree with both opinions in the last few posts....question is is this a proper place to address these issues or not?? what other place can you blow off steam without getting in trouble

07-15-2007, 06:06 PM
If any of you can name one call that you had to take in a rookies zone while they were on a 10-50 then post it on here to back up your complaining. Other wise why dont you stop being a slug and realize you are onlu complaining because they are making you look like the do nothing that you are.

07-15-2007, 07:24 PM
must be a bravo problem, we had no problems on charlie shift....then again were busy handling calls and have good ftos

07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
or mids

07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
seems to me like some people have too much time on their hands and not enough common sense. to touch on the topic of a rookie's 10-50 screwing their zone partners. everyone has been screwed by the slug zone partners both senior and rookie. so it seems to me like its not just the rookie officers who dont get on the radio and say "thats in my zone hold that for me." maybe some senior slugs should learn to incorporate that phrase into their daily diet of complaining on how horrible it is to work here. anyway how many rookies do u have on bravo, maybe 2. so instead of calling the kettle black, maybe you complaining, worthless slugs should try some of your own advise and handle your zone... just my 2 cents.....

07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
seems to me that the 7-15 year group of people are threatened of the new people and that makes me laugh

you bunch of crying sissy hide behind this web site piece of s--t.

i have never seen so many cry babies before in my life.

i have friends in surrounding agencies and they think we are a joke because of of the BS these people are crying about. i know who u are, actually we all know who u are.

i have been here for awhile(7-12 year group) in this department and i must say there has more crying latley then ever.

can it be because the younger guys like to work and be proactive?
can it be because the younger guys make the guys who just want to collect a paycheck look bad?

coming next time to a crying department, u might find out. same time, same web site , same bunch of *****es...

07-16-2007, 02:36 AM
seems to me that the 7-15 year group of people are threatened of the new people and that makes me laugh

i have friends in surrounding agencies and they think we are a joke because of of the BS these people are crying about. i know who u are, actually we all know who u are.

i have been here for awhile(7-12 year group) in this department and i must say there has more crying latley then ever.

can it be because the younger guys make the guys who just want to collect a paycheck look bad?

coming next time to a crying department, u might find out. same time, same web site , same bunch of *****es...

Will you marry me? I think I love you.

07-16-2007, 04:50 AM

Will you marry me? I think I love you.

We'll have to fight for him/her. I still haven't seen anyone post anything in response to the challange put forth to name a time and case that they handles in a rookies zone. Must just be the 7-12 group complaining because now their true colors are showing through.

07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
wow, a guy makes a stupid statement and you guys manage to turn it into several different complaints.....which spawn several more. A)why post it in the first place on a public forum b) why then ask for an example like they write them down c)then you blame several age groups without knowing who the author is? d)then you rip us for responding to responses??? if you want to complain about us, we are no worse then other surrounding agencies go and read their posts they are equal if not worse....ps stop buying into the age group thing it could just be anyone on the job from the top down with numerous posters or one really bored cop on a detail, or in the db or a supervisor or a retiree, etc... get the picture have a good one and respect

07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
in reference to the last part, I was referring to this entire forum not just a particular subject (i realize a retiree wouldnt be the original complainant of 10-50s)

07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY. I WAS JUST TELLING PEOPLE THAT I THINK THE LAST 6 PEOPLE OFF OF FTO ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. THANK GOD WE HAVE THIS SITE HERE TO LET ME KNOW THEY AREN'T....
I HONESTLY THINK THEY ARE A GOOD GROUP AND ARE GOING TO FIT IN GOOD WITH US. EVERY NEW POLICE OFFICER DOES ALOT OF TRAFFC STOPS, IT'S A FACT. I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 14 YEARS AND WORKED THE ROAD WITH 90% OF THE COPS HERE.... WE ALL DID OUR SHARE OF STOPS. IT'S CALLED FISHING...TRYING TO CATCH SOMETHING.
TO THE NEW PEOPLE..... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. LIKE I SAID, I WORKED THE ROAD WITH ALMOST EVERYONE HERE. I PROMISE YOU THEY ALL WANT YOU GUYS TO DO GOOD AND BE SUCCESSFUL.
TO THE VETERANS..... IT'S OUR JOB, WHETHER YOUR AN FTO OR NOT TO TEACH AND SHOW THEM HOW THE JOB GETS DONE RIGHT.
I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I WAS MAKING ABOUT THREE ARRESTS A NIGHT.... ACTUALLY WE WERE ALL DOING THAT. PEOPLE HAD TO COVER FOR EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME..... NOBODY *****ED AT ALL. TAKE CARE

07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
WHY DONT YOU JUST FOCUS ON YOUR ALPHAS AND THE RADIO AND LET THE TANGO UNITS AND COP HANDLE THE 10 50S

07-28-2007, 02:07 AM
WHY DONT YOU JUST FOCUS ON YOUR ALPHAS AND THE RADIO AND LET THE TANGO UNITS AND COP HANDLE THE 10 50S

Spoken like a true slug.

07-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I may be wrong but I think they were giving advice. They also could have been trying to stir it up again. Either way, handling your calls doesnt make you a slug and going 50 alot doesnt make you a good or a bad cop.As for slugs, they are what they are if we change schedules they will just have one more excuse to be lazy.