PDA

View Full Version : Cutting SROs? Come on...what's next?

07-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I hear that we are cutting the SRO Captain, the SRO at the Phoenix Academy, the SRO at Sarasota High School and all of the Intervention Officers...Columbine here we come!!!

07-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Whats your beef, Numerous cuts are being made why is your unit any different than any other. We have a school board Police Dept, Its time for them to step up anyway. There is much more to this agency than SRO. Like 1 cop at a school could prevent a columbine. Armed security could do the same thing for much less, get off your high horse

07-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Any truth to this? When would this go into effect?

07-14-2007, 03:14 AM
I hear that we are cutting the SRO Captain...
Seriously??? :shock:

07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I hope not. Pelfrey is good peeps!!!

07-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, he's good to your face.....watch when you turn your back though!!! :shock:

07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Who cares, disband them we dont need them Private security can do the same job and School Board PD can do follow up. Wake up and take some calls like the rest of us. Need FTO heres a call clearing guide now get to work

07-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure that I like the SRO program because we have some SROs that are about as useful as a hind teat on a hog. For those of you who didn't grow up out in the country, a hind teat is dry and you can't get any milk from it. :shock:

If some of those SROs were placed in the detective bureau or into a marked car, then they'd be totally lost because they've become so out-of-touch with reality. Maybe it would be a good idea to let the school system hire their own police officers???

07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure that I like the SRO program because we have some SROs that are about as useful as a hind teat on a hog. For those of you who didn't grow up out in the country, a hind teat is dry and you can't get any milk from it. :shock:

If some of those SROs were placed in the detective bureau or into a marked car, then they'd be totally lost because they've become so out-of-touch with reality. Maybe it would be a good idea to let the school system hire their own police officers???

I agree Im sure Sarasota School Board PD Chief Leon would agree.

07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
i also agree schoool board pd, deputies dont need to be sro's waste of time and money... 8)

07-28-2007, 07:00 PM
i also agree schoool board pd, deputies dont need to be sro's waste of time and money... 8)

Dont knock the SRO's because you have no idea how much work they really do until you are in that unit! These days, kids need all the help they can get! An SRO is so much more than just a body at a school!

As far as cuts, now that we know the SRO's are gone, who else in the department is getting cut? There were supposed to be like 25 more or something??

07-29-2007, 02:23 AM
Oh welcome back to the reality of Green uniforms. No ones knocking SRO. It just should be done by the School Board Police Dept not a Sheriff's Office, We have other obligations. As far as cuts I think your question is who has not been cut,,hmmm Traffic and thats about it.

07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Oh welcome back to the reality of Green uniforms. No ones knocking SRO. It just should be done by the School Board Police Dept not a Sheriff's Office, We have other obligations. As far as cuts I think your question is who has not been cut,,hmmm Traffic and thats about it.

You have something like 55 schools or more in the county and 1 school Police Chief. Obviously you know nothing about what really happens in the school or you would shut your trap. 1 Office from the School Board Police is NOT going to help.

07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey when you get some real time on as a street cop come back and we can talk. I am well aware of how many cops SSBPD has I meant they need to hire some so this is not our job. The school board was paying for Deputies pay anyway. Thats where I was going with that.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Grow some thicker skin. Its a fact majority of Florida counties that merit any size such as us are going with their own PDs just as we(Sarasota county) have STARTED. I am not making diggs on you but if youre that hard up on being a kiddy cop feel free to apply until then go break out your call clearing guide and started humping calls like the rest of the Office.

07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey when you get some real time on as a street cop come back and we can talk. I am well aware of how many cops SSBPD has I meant they need to hire some so this is not our job. The school board was paying for Deputies pay anyway. Thats where I was going with that.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Grow some thicker skin. Its a fact majority of Florida counties that merit any size such as us are going with their own PDs just as we(Sarasota county) have STARTED. I am not making diggs on you but if youre that hard up on being a kiddy cop feel free to apply until then go break out your call clearing guide and started humping calls like the rest of the Office.

you didnt hurt my feelings or anything else you jacka$$. i hope you have a child in a school around here that has major issues that the school cant handle. then you will probably appreciate what the SRO's do. sounds to me like you didnt get in the unit and you are jealous.

07-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Lets not wish anyones child is in a school that has a major event.

07-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I think it is amusing to watch the back stabbing in the unit. Months ago, one of the new supervisors (best buds with the Captain) was stating publicly that he was going to take Lt. TE's job and kick him back to patrol (with help from the Capt). Now that his best bud is gone, he now has to work for Lt. TE with NO protection from his bud! Hmmmmm.......watch yourself, what goes around, comes around, and Karma is a *****!!! Time to go back and hide in training??? :devil:

07-31-2007, 12:10 AM
I think it is amusing to watch the back stabbing in the unit. Months ago, one of the new supervisors (best buds with the Captain) was stating publicly that he was going to take Lt. TE's job and kick him back to patrol (with help from the Capt). Now that his best bud is gone, he now has to work for Lt. TE with NO protection from his bud! Hmmmmm.......watch yourself, what goes around, comes around, and Karma is a *****!!! Time to go back and hide in training??? :devil:
For that reason, I'm nice to EVERYBODY because you never know who will be YOUR supervisor!!!! :shock: ;)

07-31-2007, 02:24 PM

yes he did say that and said that he would be LT over the SRO's and that TE would be getting the boot. time to get on your knees! i hear you are driving people out of the unit too!

07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
[quote="Guest 002":2qawb0l2]I think it is amusing to watch the back stabbing in the unit. Months ago, one of the new supervisors (best buds with the Captain) was stating publicly that he was going to take Lt. TE's job and kick him back to patrol (with help from the Capt). Now that his best bud is gone, he now has to work for Lt. TE with NO protection from his bud! Hmmmmm.......watch yourself, what goes around, comes around, and Karma is a *****!!! Time to go back and hide in training??? :devil:

yes he did say that and said that he would be LT over the SRO's and that TE would be getting the boot. time to get on your knees! i hear you are driving people out of the unit too![/quote:2qawb0l2]

Only two sergeants in the SROs has been in training: RB & TD. Was it RB??? :shock:

07-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry pal. Ill stick with real police work. Never even thought of putting in for that. I have manyt friends in that unit but its a slower pace than I want. You have totally gone off on a tangent. All I mean is we should have School Board Police hire cops not us. Deputies should be on the street. PERIOD end of story. No pun intended. As far as my kids Ill do my best and I dont forsee an SRO making the difference. Sorry but its the truth