PDA

View Full Version : Is it as good as I hear?

07-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I work at a local SO. I am thinking about applying at TPD. Everything I have heard about TPD has been positive; however, I know every agency has it's problems. Can anyone let me know if it's a smart move to apply. I have also heard a rumor that off duties are usually available. Is this also true? Thanks!

07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I work at a local SO. I am thinking about applying at TPD. Everything I have heard about TPD has been positive; however, I know every agency has it's problems. Can anyone let me know if it's a smart move to apply. I have also heard a rumor that off duties are usually available. Is this also true? Thanks!

EVERYTHING you've heard is positive?

I guess you haven't read the threads about white males being bypassed in hiring and promotions by blacks and females because of the Affirmative Action Consent Decree signed by the City at the insistence of the federal government.

If you can live with that and just concentrate on enjoying doing your job, the pay and benefits are good.

07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
The hiring freeze. lol

07-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Actually the training unit announced that they have hired 18 more officers that are due to be sworn in the last of this month or beginning of next month