PDA

View Full Version : deoartment police cars

07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
does ft. lauderdale have a take home car program?

07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
yes. you get one after you complete fto.

07-13-2007, 12:50 AM
What are the restrictions that come with the take home car?

07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Its the PAV program. You have to live in the tri-county area. If you live in Broward you can drive the car around. If you live in Dade of Palm Beach you can only drive the car home.

07-13-2007, 01:36 PM
The truth is that car also has a AVL device which reords location and speed and if you violate traffic speeds, you get written up.

10-21-2007, 01:02 AM
And its the first thing they treaten to take away from you if you are not meeting arrest and ticket QUOTAS.

10-21-2007, 04:01 AM
I thought there was no quotas, I checked the policy & couldn't find one....

:)

10-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I thought there was no quotas, I checked the policy & couldn't find one....

:)
You must have missed it.. It's over here.. Read the fine line my friend...Do you see it now..

Barak
10-29-2007, 01:30 AM
There are NO quotas for arrest or citations. HOWEVER, if you fail to perform in a reasonable or satisfactory fashion- let's say month after month you do nothing proactive meaning no tickets, no arrests, no FI's, etc. and only do the bare minimum- meaning all you do is show up for work, stay awake thru most of your shift, get in 3 meals and answer a few calls- then yes, you can expect your work product to be srcutinized a bit more & yes, that may mean certain restrictions being imposed such as not being allowed to work OT, details or drive your PAVE vehicle home & off-duty. Heaven knows there are plenty of "citizens" in Ft. Laud. begging to be arrested or written a ticket. It's incomprehensible how some folks can go thru day after day not meeting any of them.

As for the AVL, well the car does belong to the city, not the officer. It's the city's right to set whatever restrictions they deem reasonable for you to drive their car for free- no gas/no maintenance- thru-out the tri-county area. Nobody forces anyone to take a PAVE car home. They are free to leave it in the parking lot if they so desire and burn their own gas and wrack up miles on their own car if they wish.

10-29-2007, 02:13 AM
Is it definitely a tri county take home car? I heard from someone it is only broward county.

10-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Is it definitely a tri county take home car? I heard from someone it is only broward county.

Yes it is tri-county. If you live in Miami or Palm Beach you have to pay a certain amount of money, based on distance, from your paycheck.(55-65 dollars).

11-05-2007, 04:14 AM
There are NO quotas for arrest or citations. HOWEVER, if you fail to perform in a reasonable or satisfactory fashion- let's say month after month you do nothing proactive meaning no tickets, no arrests, no FI's, etc. and only do the bare minimum- meaning all you do is show up for work, stay awake thru most of your shift, get in 3 meals and answer a few calls- then yes, you can expect your work product to be srcutinized a bit more & yes, that may mean certain restrictions being imposed such as not being allowed to work OT, details or drive your PAVE vehicle home & off-duty. Heaven knows there are plenty of "citizens" in Ft. Laud. begging to be arrested or written a ticket. It's incomprehensible how some folks can go thru day after day not meeting any of them.

As for the AVL, well the car does belong to the city, not the officer. It's the city's right to set whatever restrictions they deem reasonable for you to drive their car for free- no gas/no maintenance- thru-out the tri-county area. Nobody forces anyone to take a PAVE car home. They are free to leave it in the parking lot if they so desire and burn their own gas and wrack up miles on their own car if they wish.

Yummy....I love strawberry flavored Kool-Aid

Barak
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
And why is that? Because I'm appreciative of some of the benefits the city gives me? Is it because I actually think I should return the favor by, you know, doing my job like I get paid to do, not sitting around hiding under a tree? Is it because the city has rights too and I choose to recognize that fact? Sheesh, grow up- it ain't always about you.

11-05-2007, 06:02 PM
barak????please let us know where you work so we can all stay away from you. i bet your the guy who goes 10-50 while they are holding the air for an in progress crime, so you don't have to go

Barak
11-05-2007, 08:28 PM
See, that's where you've got me wrong pal. I'll be the first guy there to help you out or clear a call. Tell me, aren't you sick of the slugs that work w/you? I know I'm only talking about 5% of our officers but these are the same guys who, day after day, o in service 30 minutes after everyone else because they're checking their e-mail, stocking their car, going to the bathroom, bs'ing w/someone in the station or on the phone? And they're always the first ones to ***** about handling a paper call but the first ones to 10-19 @ the end of the shift?

Well I'm fed up w/them so if you disagree, I'm betting you must be one of those malcontents. I don't work for Gretas or the chief or anybody else. I work for the folks who are the ones that really pay our salary- the citizens and business who support us. If you can't wrap your head around that idea, then you need to reconsider your line of work.
Barak

11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
"the city has rights too.."????

Thank God you're not on the Negotiating Team.
As for the "slug" comments...Way and try to divide us SCAB!!!

I know that probably hurt your feelings. I'll try to get you Bob Bates phone number so you can file a complaint, since I'm sure that's what you do best.

Barak
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Yes, pardon me for saying so but yes, the city does have rights, as do we & it's beneficial that we all remember that. As for the slug comment. if you actually read my comments, you would've read that I referred to the 5% as the slugs.

And you can take your ridiculous scab comment and put it where the moon don't shine. I'm a loyal union member & have been for more than 2 decades. Sorry I'm not radical enough for you so the next time I want to talk w/you, I'll come look for you hiding in the park reading the paper.

11-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Yes, pardon me for saying so but yes, the city does have rights, as do we & it's beneficial that we all remember that. As for the slug comment. if you actually read my comments, you would've read that I referred to the 5% as the slugs.

And you can take your ridiculous scab comment and put it where the moon don't shine. I'm a loyal union member & have been for more than 2 decades. Sorry I'm not radical enough for you so the next time I want to talk w/you, I'll come look for you hiding in the park reading the paper.

Barak you are a scab! Bet we won't see you out there tommorow with us. You are probably one of the chosen ones that has always gotten everything you have wanted and not neccessarily by desrving it but who your buddies are.

Barak
11-06-2007, 01:31 AM
See, again you fellas are wrong. I will be there protesting right alongside you folks, looking for better wages & bennies & hoping the city commission sees it that way too. I wish us all good luck tomorrow!