PDA

View Full Version : What makes the Office of Professional Standards untouchable?

07-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Why is it that the Office of Professional Standards can produce a report so full of mistakes that it causes an Officer to get fired, and no one is held responsible?
Why is it that it can employ a Police Reserve who violates the reserve police daily, and when a supervisor tries to issue him a counseling slip, he is ordered not too? It's funny that a department carged with making sure all the rules are followed, continues to violate them.

07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
If you’re a cop you should already know the answer to that?? DON’T DO AS I DO, DO AS I SAY!!!

08-16-2007, 03:33 AM
How dare the City allow the expenditures of City monies on bullls-it investigations when everyone is worried about the property tax bill and freezing hiring and raises. How much have they spent of the tax payers monies on Private Investigators and unauthorized purchases of equipment to spy on dedicated employees who they break down and ruin families lives. Then you have Mr. B who is like a modern day Hitler and his faithful rude followers. What ever happened to job security? What ever happened to an employer rewarding their employees for their hard work instead of trying to fire them for going through a drive thru window for a bite? It makes me want to not live in Ft Lauderdale. You are safer in Lliberty City cause you know on Mr. B's salary, he is near the beach living in the lap of luxury! GET OFF EVERYONE'S BACK AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS! Mr. B, I understand Castro is looking for a new dictator to run his country who is heartless. Leave the little guys and the cops alone!

08-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Why is it that the Office of Professional Standards can produce a report so full of mistakes that it causes an Officer to get fired, and no one is held responsible?
Why is it that it can employ a Police Reserve who violates the reserve police daily, and when a supervisor tries to issue him a counseling slip, he is ordered not too? It's funny that a department carged with making sure all the rules are followed, continues to violate them.

They should leave any investigation to the Police Department if they think someone is acting in a criminal manner and get rid of the Office of Professional Standards. Isn't that what Internal Affairs does in most city and county agencies?

08-16-2007, 03:41 AM

They open themselves up for trouble... I'm sure the governor of Fla agrees! Like the Mayor has not made enough trouble for the City.

08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
How dare the City allow the expenditures of City monies on bullls-it investigations when everyone is worried about the property tax bill and freezing hiring and raises. How much have they spent of the tax payers monies on Private Investigators and unauthorized purchases of equipment to spy on dedicated employees who they break down and ruin families lives. Then you have Mr. B who is like a modern day Hitler and his faithful rude followers. What ever happened to job security? What ever happened to an employer rewarding their employees for their hard work instead of trying to fire them for going through a drive thru window for a bite? It makes me want to not live in Ft Lauderdale. You are safer in Lliberty City cause you know on Mr. B's salary, he is near the beach living in the lap of luxury! GET OFF EVERYONE'S BACK AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS! Mr. B, I understand Castro is looking for a new dictator to run his country who is heartless. Leave the little guys and the cops alone!

The OPS Budget is over $500,000 it is public record!

08-16-2007, 11:12 PM

The OPS Budget is over $500,000 it is public record!

08-18-2007, 12:50 AM
It is quite plain and simple to me, The OPS Director and our Illustrious City Manager [they are friends from way back you know] should be investigated themselves for Abuse of Authority, Abuse of Public Office, Abuse of Power, Coercion, and the use of Threatning and Intimidating Tactics.

08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Another little tidbit. I hear that OPS is following city employees (non-police) around and timing their lunch breaks. Anything over the alloted time is documented and they are calculating it based on their salary to determine theft from the city. And the "investigators" were told to "stack" the times until the loss could be charged as a felony. These White Plains Mafia guys are unbelievable.

08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Another little tidbit. I hear that OPS is following city employees (non-police) around and timing their lunch breaks. Anything over the alloted time is documented and they are calculating it based on their salary to determine theft from the city. And the "investigators" were told to "stack" the times until the loss could be charged as a felony. These White Plains Mafia guys are unbelievable.

This whole disgusting chain of events needs to be made public....THAT IS.......IT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED TO SOMEONE THAT WILL INITIATE AN INVESTIGATION!!!
Will someone please send this information to the Sun- Sentinel!!!!

08-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Stacking the evidence to look worse then it is? What a conspiracy! It sounds like anyone and everyone could file a grevance on them and win. How many people have they effected and I can imagine what the work environment is like there for all departments that know what is going on. Can you say creating a hostile work environment? I think you can!
The media loves this kind of stuff and heaven knows that Mayor of yours loves the media! All you blacks, hispanics, jews and gays watch out!

08-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Stacking the evidence to look worse then it is? What a conspiracy! It sounds like anyone and everyone could file a grevance on them and win. How many people have they effected and I can imagine what the work environment is like there for all departments that know what is going on. Can you say creating a hostile work environment? I think you can!
The media loves this kind of stuff and heaven knows that Mayor of yours loves the media! All you blacks, hispanics, jews and gays watch out!
Oh! I forgot females too............... watch out!