PDA

View Full Version : Quality of life

07-11-2007, 10:23 PM
LEO working in the Pinellas area and I'm trying to find out more about Collier county. How is the quality of life down there? Anyone who's familiar with Pinellas County who can compare the two I'd greatly appreciate it. Is it one strip mall after the other like in PC. How does a one bedroom apartment price out in a decent area?

How's the camaraderie amongst the road deputies? It looks like a current hiring freeze with the property tax legislature scare. Anyone see that hiring freeze lifting anytime soon?

Thanks

07-11-2007, 11:22 PM
It's pretty but expensive. A one bedroom apartment in a decent area will run you about $850 - $900 and a decent house. though in the middle of nowhere, will cost in the mid 300,000's. Anything near the beach will be considerably more expensive, obviously. The schools are supposedly some of the best in the State but that is not saying much.

Most of the road deputies are great, there are of course the few who will stab whoever in the back to further themselves, but that is the case anywhere I am sure.

It's a fun place to work, but very political. Be prepared for that.