PDA

View Full Version : POSITION OPEN

07-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Effective soon they will post the opening for a new Police Chief at the Hialeah Police Department. Apart from the regular 10 years in a supervisory position as a LEO, they are going to require a Master Degree in Criminal Justice. I guess the new chief will be from the outside because nobody in this department has one, well maybe one sergeant. So Overton, I guess your 11K correspondance degree from St. Thomas (life experience) will not work, and Aguilera, you are behind the power curve; at least his is not a life experience degree and actually earned it.

07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
All you a*s kissers start sending in your dysfunctional resumes. :lol:

07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Effective soon they will post the opening for a new Police Chief at the Hialeah Police Department. Apart from the regular 10 years in a supervisory position as a LEO, they are going to require a Master Degree in Criminal Justice. I guess the new chief will be from the outside because nobody in this department has one, well maybe one sergeant. So Overton, I guess your 11K correspondence degree from St. Thomas (life experience) will not work, and Aguilera, you are behind the power curve; at least his is not a life experience degree and actually earned it.

MASTER DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE REQUIRED? Your chief has a master degree; pray tell how it served him to rationally lead your police agency? Whether on the streets or from behind a command desk, nothing matches common sense and concern for those led!

Good Luck!

07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
As you fodders might know, he does have a graduate degree and used to teach at FIU. Incredible that a man with such a dedication to earn a higher education ( not online degree like some of you GEDs) has destroyed the moral within the agency.

07-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Its really not that uncommon among dictators. Check and you will find that a lot of very bright people have no common sense and can be very evil,ie,Castro etc.! This old man has got to go.

07-12-2007, 04:28 AM
they are going to require a Master Degree in Criminal Justice. I guess the new chief will be from the outside because nobody in this department has one,

What out you talking about??? Everybody who I met from Cuba has some type of Master degree of some sort even the ones who flip burgers. Don’t expect miracles in Hialeah your last mayor brought his conpinche and so will Bolaños.

07-12-2007, 06:05 PM
That is because in Cuba education is free; therefore, you have many more proffesionals. Don't you see on 49 st all those doctors that are cubans. Dont you see that at MDC, UM, FIU they have professors (PhD holders) with very strong accents. What about Indus that are doctors and mathematecians at US colleges. They do not have to cry to their administrators for pay raises, or better benefits.

Unlike the majority, if not all, of us are uneducated and not proffessionals. Without being a cop, most of you will be nothing but just another laborer in this world. Hasmi lost his job and had to work in construction. Delnodal lost his job, had to move to his parents. Notorious (chiva) oliveros lost his job and had to fix damaged cars. Castillo lost his job and had to affialate himself to someone to open a small business. Most cop retirees continue working as cops in other jurisdictions. Others become clowns wearing light blue security uniforms. And it goes on.

As an example, look at our chief. He is well educated (MA) and by the standards of eduation he is an expert in the field of criminal justice, not a PhD holder but not required for the field of criminal justice unless he gets into criminology research. Do you think he fights with the mayor about his benefits, paycheck and so on? Do yo think he cares about anything like special hurricane details, take home vehicles, use of force policy? Of course not, he is the administrator and is not subjected to. By the way, how many years has the Chief been here? In 20 years, do you think he had a difficult time with benefits or problem with them? Do not compare yourself to him, he does have something more, that is an education.

So as long we remain uneducated, knowing a few words does not make you otherwise, we are at their hands and will. Like a famous professor and philosopher used to say "Education is the salvation of the poor". As a GED or HS holder, do not expect the world, it will not happen.

If you get offended by this, then you are an underachiever. If you do not get offended, then you do comprehend the reality of the issues at hand. In conclusion, we make the decisions that affect our future; therefore, if you are not happy with it, MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS.

07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
In contrast, the chief's kids are not proffesionals. They lost their job and what are they doing? Labor.

Yet, you go to a court room full of profesionals that do not cry for benefits or higher incomes and what do you see on the wall behind the judge? "Those who LABOR here seek only the truth". They used the word LABOR, are you kidding me. It is there not to make the uneducated feel alone and apart from society. The lawyers (most SA have other jobs) are making well over 100K, the judge also makes more than that, obviously the uneducated are the staff members and they do not make anywhere near half of 100k. Get the drift?

Nurses are proffesionals and do not cry for benefits.
Engineers do not cry for benefits.
Doctors do not cry for benefits.
Accountants do not cry for benefits.
Professors do not cry for benefits.
Doctors of pharmacies do not cry for benefits.
Meterologist do not cry for benefits.
Media reporters do not cry for benefits.

What do they all have in common? An education.

A list of people who do cry for benefits that do not have an education; a technology education is not certification as a proffesional. Even then, those with a technology related proffesion do better than cops.

cops
plumbers
construction workers
electricians
mechanics
medical assistants
x-ray technicians
PSAs
pizza makers
burgers flippers

and the rest of the labor community who do not make anywhere near 100k a year without overtime.

07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I am interested in that possition but I have a question, I have a heavy Inglish accent (just like your chief) I guess that wont be an obstacule to apply? right and lot of life experience.... oh I forgot to said, my children have been in jail for auto theft!

Do I qualify for the possition?

07-12-2007, 09:59 PM
My friend,u r an idiot! Not only does your grammar prove that but your arguement is even more moronic! Everybody,{cries} for benefits! Thats what unions and attys are for and as for Dr.'s,thieves with licenses, and other professions,its what the market allows!!
Cops are professionals who are willing to lay their life down for scum like u!
When it comes to college degrees,speak for yourself cause I have mine and so do most cops so the chief aint got crap on us!
I know u must not be a cop but I thought I would chime in anyway!Oy vey!

07-14-2007, 04:14 AM
My friend,u r an idiot! Not only does your grammar prove that but your arguement is even more moronic! Everybody,{cries} for benefits! Thats what unions and attys are for and as for Dr.'s,thieves with licenses, and other professions,its what the market allows!!
Cops are professionals who are willing to lay their life down for scum like u!
When it comes to college degrees,speak for yourself cause I have mine and so do most cops so the chief aint got crap on us!
I know u must not be a cop but I thought I would chime in anyway!Oy vey!

Whom are you replying?

07-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Follow Up,

I believe the word you are trying to use is "Professionals", not "Proffesionals". When in doubt, look it up.

07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Dont be so picky or let's say delicate, that's only a typo!

07-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I was replying to HPD0939! Most of us have degrees and we dont need a scolding by an A$$ Kisser.
This old man is out of control with these policies and his,straight from Cuba, management style. Enough of him already,cant we get a REAL chief,particularly one who speaks ENGLISH?

07-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I was replying to HPD0939! Most of us have degrees and we dont need a scolding by an A$$ Kisser.
This old man is out of control with these policies and his,straight from Cuba, management style. Enough of him already,cant we get a REAL chief,particularly one who speaks ENGLISH?

Welcome to the Chiefs club.Satisfying members since 1987.
I hope that he has his medication changed again real soon. :roll:

07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Like previously stated, if you get offended you are an underachiever and if you do not, then you do comprehend the main idea. For some reason, ROOK can only pick on BS typos and BS grammar as his opposing factor, not the main idea.

I have been in this department 7 times longer than rook, that means 7 years. I know in fact how many officers do have a higher education. As a matter of fact, unless the title of a high school diploma changed to a high school degree, not many officers have one (A DEGREE), not even 15% of the department. THAT IS A FACT. If they did, and were professionals, WHY WOULD THEY BE GETTING PAY 42k A YEAR? It is normal logic and human nature to improve in life and not go backwards. If you are going to respond that you have a degree and want to do this job for the LOVE of it, then DO NOT COME TO THIS SITE AND CRY ABOUT BENEFITS.

As you can see rook, I really do not have to address grammatical issues since it is self evident how ignorant you really are. Stop portraying what you are not [eduacated]; stupidity is written all over your brain. By the way, when you do correct someone, make sure that you are 100% correct:

By saying: Not only does your grammar prove that but your arguement is even more moronic!

I am expecting a following example since you are using Not only, implaying something else but I do not see the key contrast word BUT.

it is not arguement but argument.
it is not Everbody, {cries} for benefits, because what you are really saying is: everbody, for benefits. These symbols [ ] "not { }" are use to further explain a word, for example:

Mr Smith [the lawyer] parked his vehicle correctly.

It is not:
Thats what unions and attys are for and as for Dr.'s,thieves with licenses, and other professions,its what the market allows!!

It is:
Unions and attorneys exist to protect legal binding contract addressing benefit issues. As for medical doctors, they are licensed thieves. The market allows other professions. (even then, what you are saying is incoherent).

Rook, in reality, most educated people read your posting, and they understand it; however, they do laugh at it.

Remember basic grammar, Its is possessive, and it's means it is

So when you wrote:
its what the market allows!!

I know that your uneducated a$$ meant to write:
It is or It's what the market allows!! whatever it suppose to mean since we all know that society needs it and not the market.

At first, I thought of it as a typo, but then I observed that you actually write as if you were correct, implying and further assuring your incompotence and ignorancy.

Rook, do not fool yourself, well actually do. But please do us a favor in HPD, print this posting and cut the grammar class section, place it in your clipboard so when you write reports it can be a tool. Do not want the prosecutors, defenders and judges to laught at you since you are a part of Hialeah [police department] and that would make us look terrible.

07-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey 0906,u take yourself too seriously and I still think that if u back this chief,"u r an idiot and A$$ KISSER"! How do u like that for grammar?haha
Your response had numerous errors,too many to document but it is not about grammar,but LIBERTY AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION,SAPINGO!!
The chief is a loser and ABUSER of OUR RIGHTS!!!
Now bo back to boot licking and leave those of us who are trying to change things to our task. Oy vey!! Yea I am a rook but not a boot licker!

07-18-2007, 03:18 AM
In contrast, the chief's kids are not proffesionals. They lost their job and what are they doing? Labor.

Yet, you go to a court room full of profesionals that do not cry for benefits or higher incomes and what do you see on the wall behind the judge? "Those who LABOR here seek only the truth". They used the word LABOR, are you kidding me. It is there not to make the uneducated feel alone and apart from society. The lawyers (most SA have other jobs) are making well over 100K, the judge also makes more than that, obviously the uneducated are the staff members and they do not make anywhere near half of 100k. Get the drift?

Nurses are proffesionals and do not cry for benefits.
Engineers do not cry for benefits.
Doctors do not cry for benefits.
Accountants do not cry for benefits.
Professors do not cry for benefits.
Doctors of pharmacies do not cry for benefits.
Meterologist do not cry for benefits.
Media reporters do not cry for benefits.

What do they all have in common? An education.

A list of people who do cry for benefits that do not have an education; a technology education is not certification as a proffesional. Even then, those with a technology related proffesion do better than cops.

cops
plumbers
construction workers
electricians
mechanics
medical assistants
x-ray technicians
PSAs
pizza makers
burgers flippers

and the rest of the labor community who do not make anywhere near 100k a year without overtime.

obviously you didn't go to college either! what in the world is a burgers flippers?

07-18-2007, 05:31 AM
HPD0939, do you even know what a professional is?? It is defined as one who is compensated to perform a certain job or particular task. As far as I am concerned, police officers fall within that spectrum.

07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al
Pronunciation: pr&-'fesh-n&l, -'fe-sh&-n&l
Function: adjective
1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace
2 a : participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs <a professional golfer> b : having a particular profession as a permanent career <a professional soldier> c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return <professional football>
3 : following a line of conduct as though it were a profession <a professional patriot>
- pro·fes·sion·al·ly adverb

Main Entry: pro·fes·sion
Pronunciation: pr&-'fe-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English professioun, from Anglo-French profession, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin profession-, professio, from Latin, public declaration, from profitEri
1 : the act of taking the vows of a religious community
2 : an act of openly declaring or publicly claiming a belief, faith, or opinion : PROTESTATION
3 : an avowed religious faith
4 a : a calling requiring specialized knowledge and often long and intensive academic preparation b : a principal calling, vocation, or employment c : the whole body of persons engaged in a calling

Obviously, by saying that we are not professionals I am implying that we do not meet all of the standards of a profession since often long and intensive academic preparation is a standard that also must be met. Since we do not meet it, therefore we are not.

1,2, and 3 does not apply since it involves religion and faith. Stop the ignorance and learn, is the only way to get ahead. Stop crying for benefits and better yourselves.

07-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Shifting back to the original topic about the “100” position.

Hialeah has a “strong mayor” political structure, meaning those appointed to office serve at 5000’s convenience.

Option #1. Best-case scenario, Overton will take command and as a good leader try his best but may ultimately be 07’d by 5000 using a variety of scenarios.

Option #2. HPD is all too familiar with the OTHER “in house” choice and his record/capabilities. 5000 would not have a hard time running the police department with “A” steering the ship.

Option #3. An outside appointee… Unless this outsider is favorably famous he will still be at the mayor’s mercy.

The point: ANY candidate for 100 will EITHER succumb or be 07’d by 5000 because Hialeah’s “strong mayor” political structure.

Besides typing it on this forum, I have yet to see as little as 20 officers stick together. Most officers will remain in their comfort zones until they get an AI investigation. Those of you that don’t have a million Uses of Force yet, LEAVE!

HPD0939… Based on sacrifices, I understand your need to value higher education but that has nothing to do with the grip placed on the neck of this department. Increasing the number of officers with higher education will ultimately lead to highly educated officers still at the mercy of Hialeah’s city hall.

Courage and unity are vital ingredients. Wisdom without understanding is useless, and understanding without wisdom is useless. [/b]

07-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Next elections, I am going to resign and run for mayor. Like that I can provide the best for you guys. HAHAHAHA right. Do you really think that with or without a strong mayor things will be different. Most local governments have strong mayor system. The hiring of a city manager serves only for administrative tasks, thus enabling the mayor to hire or throw out whoever he wants. The mayor does not need the commision's approval to remove a department head in a non-strong mayor government.

Only the state and federal governments have the checks and balance system, and even then the president and governors have the ultimate power. Remember, the framers of the constitution designed our country in a strong monarchic executive type of government. If you are not sure, go back and read the federalists and anti-federalists. You probably do not even know what they are.

It would be chaotic if the mayor cannot do that, departments will run however they want. Is just like Bill Gates not being able to control Microsoft. Removal of the Mayor is not the option, nor removing the Chief. The only option is to have a chain of command that really cares about this department, its employees, and the future of it.

There was an officer in this department that he took a month of his own time away from school and did a research to implement the new laptops (researched MDPD, MPD and BSO). This took place early 2005. He provided the IT department head with all of the details pertaining to what street cops needed as tools. For example: Access to DAVID and RMS, clearance checks, silent dispatch, e-mail access from the laptop (enabling of forwarding of reports), access to county terminals to check everything, from marriage license to tax records (by the way, it is available from the station).

The investment was a lot less than the current air cards, but his suggestion was declined because the department head, who is not a cop, could not deal with an officer actually telling him what was needed. The officer from that day stop caring about this place after telling the department head in his face that HPD will remain like this because people at the top did not care.

Two years later, the department head's implementation failed and was a piece of sh**. The Mayor said that he is going to fix that. Did he know that an officer already provided a detailed researched in regards to the system before it was implemented? Probably not. By the way, the officer's reseached was parallel to the newest county system (without the GPS) and better than Miami's. Somewhere closer to BSO.

Now, who really cares then? They don't. Us? We take no steps to show that we do. Like I said earlier, if you want things done, go and get them. On the next election I want to see everyone wearing PBA t-shirts and put a Mayor in office that cares. As to the chief, he probably does not care either and there is nothing you can do about it.

Actually, there is. You can go and get an education, help the new mayor get elected, and tell him that you would be the best police chief in the history of Hialeah. Since he or she can remove whoever he wants (every mayor can), the chief will be remove and you will be in place. However, you need to be educated and with solid educational credentials (not HSD or GED's).

Sounds like a plan, and that is why it is critically important to advance in life.

07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Next elections, I am going to resign and run for mayor. Like that I can provide the best for you guys. HAHAHAHA right. Do you really think that with or without a strong mayor things will be different. Most local governments have strong mayor system. The hiring of a city manager serves only for administrative tasks, thus enabling the mayor to hire or throw out whoever he wants. The mayor does not need the commision's approval to remove a department head in a non-strong mayor government.

Only the state and federal governments have the checks and balance system, and even then the president and governors have the ultimate power. Remember, the framers of the constitution designed our country in a strong monarchic executive type of government. If you are not sure, go back and read the federalists and anti-federalists. You probably do not even know what they are.

It would be chaotic if the mayor cannot do that, departments will run however they want. Is just like Bill Gates not being able to control Microsoft. Removal of the Mayor is not the option, nor removing the Chief. The only option is to have a chain of command that really cares about this department, its employees, and the future of it.

There was an officer in this department that he took a month of his own time away from school and did a research to implement the new laptops (researched MDPD, MPD and BSO). This took place early 2005. He provided the IT department head with all of the details pertaining to what street cops needed as tools. For example: Access to DAVID and RMS, clearance checks, silent dispatch, e-mail access from the laptop (enabling of forwarding of reports), access to county terminals to check everything, from marriage license to tax records (by the way, it is available from the station).

The investment was a lot less than the current air cards, but his suggestion was declined because the department head, who is not a cop, could not deal with an officer actually telling him what was needed. The officer from that day stop caring about this place after telling the department head in his face that HPD will remain like this because people at the top did not care.

Two years later, the department head's implementation failed and was a piece of sh**. The Mayor said that he is going to fix that. Did he know that an officer already provided a detailed researched in regards to the system before it was implemented? Probably not. By the way, the officer's reseached was parallel to the newest county system (without the GPS) and better than Miami's. Somewhere closer to BSO.

Now, who really cares then? They don't. Us? We take no steps to show that we do. Like I said earlier, if you want things done, go and get them. On the next election I want to see everyone wearing PBA t-shirts and put a Mayor in office that cares. As to the chief, he probably does not care either and there is nothing you can do about it.

Actually, there is. You can go and get an education, help the new mayor get elected, and tell him that you would be the best police chief in the history of Hialeah. Since he or she can remove whoever he wants (every mayor can), the chief will be remove and you will be in place. However, you need to be educated and with solid educational credentials (not HSD or GED's).

Sounds like a plan, and that is why it is critically important to advance in life.

Zero niner tree niner is a dik. Maybe you should have joined the military like the rest of us REAL men!!! Get a life scumbag.

07-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Like previously stated, if you get offended you are an underachiever and if you do not, then you do comprehend the main idea. For some reason, ROOK can only pick on BS typos and BS grammar as his opposing factor, not the main idea.

I have been in this department 7 times longer than rook, that means 7 years. I know in fact how many officers do have a higher education. As a matter of fact, unless the title of a high school diploma changed to a high school degree, not many officers have one (A DEGREE), not even 15% of the department. THAT IS A FACT. If they did, and were professionals, WHY WOULD THEY BE GETTING PAY 42k A YEAR? It is normal logic and human nature to improve in life and not go backwards. If you are going to respond that you have a degree and want to do this job for the LOVE of it, then DO NOT COME TO THIS SITE AND CRY ABOUT BENEFITS.

As you can see rook, I really do not have to address grammatical issues since it is self evident how ignorant you really are. Stop portraying what you are not [eduacated]; stupidity is written all over your brain. By the way, when you do correct someone, make sure that you are 100% correct:

By saying: Not only does your grammar prove that but your arguement is even more moronic!

I am expecting a following example since you are using Not only, implaying something else but I do not see the key contrast word BUT.

it is not arguement but argument.
it is not Everbody, {cries} for benefits, because what you are really saying is: everbody, for benefits. These symbols [ ] "not { }" are use to further explain a word, for example:

Mr Smith [the lawyer] parked his vehicle correctly.

It is not:
Thats what unions and attys are for and as for Dr.'s,thieves with licenses, and other professions,its what the market allows!!

It is:
Unions and attorneys exist to protect legal binding contract addressing benefit issues. As for medical doctors, they are licensed thieves. The market allows other professions. (even then, what you are saying is incoherent).

Rook, in reality, most educated people read your posting, and they understand it; however, they do laugh at it.

Remember basic grammar, Its is possessive, and it's means it is

So when you wrote:
its what the market allows!!

I know that your uneducated a$$ meant to write:
It is or It's what the market allows!! whatever it suppose to mean since we all know that society needs it and not the market.

At first, I thought of it as a typo, but then I observed that you actually write as if you were correct, implying and further assuring your incompotence and ignorancy.

Rook, do not fool yourself, well actually do. But please do us a favor in HPD, print this posting and cut the grammar class section, place it in your clipboard so when you write reports it can be a tool. Do not want the prosecutors, defenders and judges to laught at you since you are a part of Hialeah [police department] and that would make us look terrible.

ZERO IS THE PERFECT START FOR YOUR MONIKER.....

07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Thank God for C-sections. Mama's canal wouldn't be able to handle his fat head.

07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
He's the quintessential administrator (or aspiring administrator) of any agency. His posts are filled with nothing more than pointless erudite commentary. He's a failure ****tail that lacks common sense and sensibility, with a delusions of grandeur chaser. I see him as nothing more than an air freshener at the bottom of the urinal. He's a "flick of the week" at best. Don't let him fool ya boys. Under pressure, he probably hides behind his bullet proof college degree and sucks his thumb while crying for mama.

07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
bring back Ed Beyer!

07-20-2007, 03:49 AM
0939, I’ve read your posts and I tend to agree with the majority of your statements with the exception of education. Education leading to promotion alone will not alleviate the problems that HPD is facing.

A highly educated upper echelon administrator without wisdom, understanding, and courage will be just as content as the current administration in shoving the slop down to the fragmented department.

Now, whether you choose to look at it from an infantry or Fortune 500 Company, real change has to come from the top. You use an excellent example with the officer researching the notebook computer situation. That department head that you mentioned did what was perfectly routine. Any type of aforementioned company that continually disregards SITREPS/ audits will have a clear fate. Successful presidents/ CO’s will routinely evaluate their company, which automatically evaluates their administrators’ capabilities then leading to adjustments. Education creates expectation but wisdom, understanding, courage, combined with unity transcends.

Now reiterating my previous statement:

The point: ANY candidate for 100 will EITHER succumb or be 07’d by 5000 because Hialeah’s “strong mayor” political structure.

Monarchic executive type governments pale in comparison to the (1) political machine built here, correct me if I’m wrong but city hall is still mostly composed of Raul’s old flunkies. Don’t underestimate the greed, self-grandeur, backbiting, and competition that will normally dwell between city managers, councilmen, and mayors that allow departments to play sides. Assuming a viable political party alternative existed, they can at least loom around waiting to exploit the other faction’s failures, like the federalist/ anti-federalist. Allow me to clarify; we have a superman strong mayor system.

You bring the PBA shirts and I’ll bring the domino table. Hopefully we’ll find another officer to fill the fourth chair. In the remote chance San Lazaro wins the next election he may have a chance in giving city hall an enema and replace them with team V. Hialeah’s future is bleak at best. At least we’ll get some attention with our sacrifices in next natural disaster.

07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Incompetence is an understatement. Administration is as proficient as a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench. Leave now or forever hold your peace.

07-20-2007, 02:01 PM
The key statement and final conclusion of my previous argument was that when someone at the top does not care, nothing will get done. Hence the reasoning that an educated person with the willpower to make changes can surpass the pulls from factions' routine. Ignorants, in general, will not know the required steps in dealing with diffult analytical issues that might face someone in charge of such a large department.

However, lacking of the common denominator (education), an ignorant will not be able to comprehend and facilitate the changes needed. Trust me, at the top level, the Mayor will benefit from a posititive outcome within his departments, including the police. A key element is knowing how to deal with them and care simultaneously.

You might be right, education leading to promotion alone will not alliviate the problems at HPD; however, do not think for a second that the lack of it would help. It does alliviate the income of the person getting promoted and if he or she cares for HPD then changes could happen. That person could be you.

Education is an essential requirement for such promotion that not having it would make it impossible to get promoted to begin with, right. If not, it would not be a requirement. All ignorants could be a police chief, imagine that. To those offended, ignorant just means not knowing, which is acceptable. For that matter, if education was not important, why is it needed to even become a cop? Why not allow non-educated persons become law enforcement officers. Just allow all agencies hire people without HSD or GED's.

By the way, factions have never failed as listed in the federalists essays. Factions (self-seeking groups) are an important integral elements of any poitical governments, unless you have a kingdom which is illegal in the USA, they keep the machine working. Without them, democracy will not work. The problem arises when causes caused by factions are not under check. That is why we have three branches of government, to keep all negative outcomes of factions to a minimum.

Most cities in the United States have a strong Mayor government. The fact that some rely on a City Manager does not change the fact that the Mayor is the strong executive figure. Just like in police line rank, the sergeant has total executive control of the officers, and the liutenants of the sergeants and so on. The fact that sergeants and liutenants have a secretary (city manager) does not change the operation or its continuance.

If you fail to succumb to your supervisor, what happens?

It does not matter how many political party members parallel to Rauls' are present at City Hall. Hialeah cannot make laws, or execute them. Has no power to become a tyranny since legislative and executive powers are essential for such initiative.

Is funny that you mentioned the military, but there is no comparison to a civilian company. The military is an authorized monarchy, essential and vitally required to its functions. The king is the commander in chief, that is the president. The military does not have a board of directors like companies do, permission to execute missions is not requested, not even to the congress. Constitutionally speaking, annually, the congress must provide money for the military, which is also a key to financing long term conflicts but not regular missions. The only way that the congress can overrule the presidential order is with a 2/3 of the congress' approval, which is not likely as you saw last tuesday.

Just a suggestion. Ignorants are not wanted to be leaders. The congress holds oversight and confirmation hearings on presidential appointees to reassure that idiots are not running key government departments. What makes you think that it (education) is not essential?

Obviously, department heads that fail are seen as such, just like the IT guy. A great engineer tries not create something will fail. A great surgeon tries not to practice maliciously. A great driver tries not to crash daily. A great cop tries never to break the law (right). Therefore, a great IT will implement a system that will do the job for its users, not like the current expensive non-working system.

The key issue here is knowing and caring. Knowing obviously resulting from an education and caring a direct results of feelings for a better outcome or operation. I hope that the right educated and caring person takes over this department.

07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Oh I forgot, you mentioned bringing the domino table and us playing a game while wearing our PBA shirts. Do not forget to get a third person to fill the third chair before getting the fourth one. Is better to play it with four players than with three.

07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh I forgot, you mentioned bringing the domino table and us playing a game while wearing our PBA shirts. Do not forget to get a third person to fill the third chair before getting the fourth one. Is better to play it with four players than with three. Huh?

11-25-2007, 03:49 PM
:P

11-26-2007, 03:03 AM
You folks amaze me.
You attempt to dazzle each other with your perceived intellectual abilities and in doing so you have missed the point. You have also alienated a lot of your colleagues with your snobbery.
You may have a degree in Police Science (useless) or even a MBA or MPA. In a perfect world, or in a vacuum, you may be able to apply what you have learned and expect some degree of success. That is providing that you have remained erudite in that field and are up to date with the latest and greatest pyridines.
The fly in the ointment here is POLITICS as they control the budget $$$$.
There is no reasonable expectation that a department that should be over 600 and is merely 300 will be able to safely perform the full spectrum of police functions in this city.(Based on the 2 officers per 1000 population minimum set by the National Chief of Police Association)
The present execution of this mission with the existing personnel puts every officer at risk and poses some serious officer safety issues that will only degrade with time.
The problem is getting the politicos to prioritize your safety over the building of some new park and to stop hiding money in the budget by allocating it to projects that they have no intention of doing.
I am NOT defending anyone, but think about this for a minute.
You are a famous chef and you have been hired to a new job.
You are now asked to make your famous chicken soup, but the only ingredient you are given is chicken crap.
Get the point?

11-26-2007, 05:55 PM
why dont we just become county lol :D

11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Okay, so who's the front runner for RB's seat?