PDA

View Full Version : Transfers?

07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
What is up with all these transfers?

07-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Which ones? I didn't see any on the emails today.

07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Usually when there are a bunch of transfers, the ones that are getting the transfer, has fallen out of grace with the admnistration, but this is nothing new and it has been heard of many times.
NO matter who the Sheriff has been in the past, this has always happened, and some of it is just pure personality conflicts and some is there is a need to increase road patrol,or switch shifts to help out someone with children or wives conflict in work schedules, there could be alot of different reasons why this has happened again, transfers are a way of life in the S. O. just bottom line.

07-14-2007, 07:00 PM
If you guys think back, it always happens every few years. With the cutback/elimination of a couple of traffic guys, sro's, marine unit, ice unit and 90% of the FTO's, most were probly given a choice of where they wanted to go and the others got bumped. Sometimes a little supervisor rotation is good.

07-15-2007, 03:15 AM
I can tell you that most were NOT given a choice of where they went...which is what sucks.

Most people are understanding when they are told they need to be moved...but if soembody has done a good job, they deserve the courtesy of a little input in where they go, which didnt happen.

07-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Last I heard, the marine unit didnt get cut.

And thank goodness...I dont know how the county would survive without all of the work those guys do, like...uh...um... what DO those guys do? I know they havent made any drunk boater arrests, saved any sinking ships or even written any tickets. Sounds like an essential unit to me....