PDA

View Full Version : FOP BASHING!!!!

07-07-2007, 09:00 PM
FOP, are you guys gonna do something to help us with these out of control supervisors who make working here hell? I can't stand watching these supervisors run all over us with their verbal policies and directives. They tell us something different everyday. Then they turn it around the next. I run around all night wondering if I should do what my sergeant told me, or should I do what my Lt told me. Are you guys (FOP) ever gonna help?

07-08-2007, 01:32 AM
NO. They can't do anything. They can't even get anyone to join. That whole thing is a joke. The group is just using the little power they do have to take out people on their own hit list.

07-08-2007, 02:46 AM
A couple of months after BW is gone we all will realize that the LT's and SGT's that were causing the most problems were only doing so to help their own political standing. They are trying to make the rank and file even more disgruntled in order to bolster support in the Union and against the Sheriff.

The public knows the majority of us make $20.00+ an hour and have good beneftis. We would like more and deserve more, but we are doing well. Not everyone with Union ties believes in the tactics being used to help dismantle this agency and discredit the Sheriff.

The Union does not care about how the Sgt's and Lt's are treating you because of these reasons. (Certain people are causing you grief to help their cause :idea: )

07-08-2007, 12:27 PM
You know, your right. I didn't think about it that way. But, I now realize it's the same people, sgt's and lt's, who are members of the union who cause most of these problems. [/i]

07-08-2007, 01:17 PM
The bottom line: Sh*t runs down hill........not the FOP nor the Union can stop that. So long as you're not told to do something obviously criminal, just go out there and do what you do best.
:wink:

07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
SOUNDS LIKE THE LAST TWO POSTS ARE BOB'S BOYS . YOU GUYS ALWAYS LOOK TO BLAME ANYONE BUT THE ADMIN. NICE TRY , THE FOP IS HERE TO HELP AND WHEN YOUR GONE IT WILL ALL BE BETTER.

07-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree with the majority here. Life was sure alot better before the union. How long ago did we vote them in?? The only thing they have done is try to tear the agency apart. It's like this "Dad can I have some money"? "No" So I then slap him in the face and then ask again! That never works!! We are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

07-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey!!!! Brand new guest how long have you been working here. I don't think very long. Your bashing the union when all the union is doing is trying to protect our rights. You’re an idiot. All they ask from our sheriff is for three simple things. The one I feel is most important from a management perspective is the gap insurance. Why would you not want to give that to your people? Deputies with a lot of time and experience probably wouldn't leave. Why give the agencies around us the experience keep it here in Pasco. It's not rocket science. Don't tell me it costs too much. Every time we loose a qualified deputy, someone has to replace that person and the agency is going to spend some chump change to train the new hire. Pasco county workers and teachers have gap insurance. Second why do you want a dictatorship to punish you? All the union is asking is for an outside arbitrator to make sure punishment to our deputies is fair and reasonable. We deal with **** bags everyday that have their rights protected why shouldn't we. I love my job and don't want to loose it because one day the sheriff doesn't like me anymore and with his absolute power fires me. This is not a Bob White bashing. Out of the three sheriffs I have worked for Bob White has been the best. He is a good man and I think his pride is getting the best over his judgment. I usually don't post in here but I'm getting fed up with some of the stupid remarks I've been reading. Pasco is a great agency to work for. Lets be professional in accomplishing our objective. I'm hoping the sheriff will have a change of heart and it's never to late to make some changes. Sometimes you have to eat your pride and I think from a management perspective will help in the long run. We all make mistakes and have to learn from them. I guess I've made my point. Be safe everyone!!!!!!

07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I have also worked here for three sheriff's and have seen it all. I have never seen anyone get fired because any of the sheriff's didn't like them. I agree, Sheriff White is the best sheriff hands down. The union is making things worse, then better. You can't slap someone in the face and then ask them to work with you. The bashing has got to stop!! It is not doing any of us any good. Read the others posts from the other agencies, someone always has something negative to say about their bosses. It seems to me, you can't make everyone happy, no matter who you are. Everytime things don't go our way for some reason, people want a change. They think the next sheriff will be better and so on. I want a little bit of agency stability. I have been here long enough to see the agency needs this. i would love to have it one day, when a sergeant is breathing down my neck for something. However I have work for some good sergeants also. In a job like this we have to take the good with the bad. The agency is a good place to work, I even thought so under the last administration and that was a stretch.

07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
HOW CAN YOU SAY THE UNION IS MAKING THINGS WORSE? IF BOB WOULD SIT DOWN AND NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH ALL OF THE BASHING AND PICKETING COULD BE AVOIDED, THE UNION IS NEW AND TAKING BABY STEPS, BUT THE SHERIFF DOESN'T WANT THEM TO LEARN HOW TO WALK, HE WOULD RATHER THEY CRAWL. HIS ACTIONS HAVE BEEN SPITEFUL AND VINDICTIVE AND THEY SPEAK POORLY FOR THE CHARACTER OF AN ELECTED OFFICIAL. HE HAS TO GO!!!

07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
SOUNDS LIKE THE LAST TWO POSTS ARE BOB'S BOYS . YOU GUYS ALWAYS LOOK TO BLAME ANYONE BUT THE ADMIN. NICE TRY , THE FOP IS HERE TO HELP AND WHEN YOUR GONE IT WILL ALL BE BETTER.

Isn't it funny that if someone doesn't agree with a Union view they are automatically BOB'S BOYS.

How about we aren't unreasonable. We are asking for three things. He said no. I hope that he will give in, but it does not make him a bad sheriff if he doesn't.

The GAP insurance will come. (Good thing to ask for).
The email/mailboxes........ petty issue for both sides. We do have bulletin boards up.

As for the outside arbitrator.... We have the Career Service Appeal Board in place. Haven't we had sucess with the board and it is BINDING.

BW has shown he isn't unreasonable..... he has not even suggested that he will take anything away and we are still getting our 2 1/2 % raises (5% if you aren't topped out) even without a contract in place.

The problem with BW is even when he has the supervisor(s) working against him (yea were taking about you LT) and trying to tear the place apart he is still fair and reasonable with them.

Hopefully people will start to think for themselves and realize that no matter what happens we ( LEO/Detention) will still be here fighting the fight. How about that BW and President JC.

07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
We need gap insurance. But we need to quit comparing ourselves to teachers and other pasco county employees.

First we put our lives on the line every day.

Second the teachers and county employees get the gap insurance after 30 years of service. How many people would qualify for GAP insurance if they had to work 30 years?
When you answer remember the 5 years in DROP doesn't count.

Third the strees of the job causes more medical issues (say hello heart bill) than the other jobs mentioned. Plus add the stress mentioned by the original poster.

Something to think about.

07-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Well for one I would love to see an arbitrator to review discipline, having been subject to unfair punishment, I think it is needed to balance out those over eager reactions to an issue. It can and will benefit all to make sure that we are treated fairly at all times even when we have made a mistake and establish a system that will not only punish but make sure when you are punished it is done in a manner that is considered fair from both sides of the issue.

07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Read the County Ordinance on the Career Service Review Board. It is NOT binding, and the Sheriff can punish you for any cause, not just cause. The County Ordinance needs to be revamped, and the Sheriff realizes that. One main reason he will NOT negotiate in good faith.

Don't rely on the General Order, we all know that is just a guideline.

07-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Read the County Ordinance on the Career Service Review Board. It is NOT binding, and the Sheriff can punish you for any cause, not just cause. The County Ordinance needs to be revamped, and the Sheriff realizes that. One main reason he will NOT negotiate in good faith.

Don't rely on the General Order, we all know that is just a guideline.

It is binding. You are trying to argue a fact by attempting to play on words. Just talk to the detectives/deputies/corporals that were fired and or demoted under the last administration. They got their jobs back. This adminstration isn't getting rid of people for no reason (like in the past).

IT IS BINDING !!!!

07-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Please show me were and who got demoted and got their position back because of the county ordinance? The Sheriff can demote you and/or give you three days off and you can not challenge it in any way because it is not considered discipline under the ordinance and or our General Orders.

Oh and if this Agency is not trying to get rid of people like the last go back and look at the number of people fired under Page's command and how many got their jobs back after they hired an attorney. those who were fired and got their jobs back would not have faced this issue with an arbitrator that would looked at the issue from a non biased position.

07-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I can't believe what I read on this board most of the time. You guys are crazy if you think getting rid of the union is the best thing to do. Sometimes I forget how short sighted people are, but then you guys come on here and remind me.

The Sheriff has not carried out on his word to "work with the union" as he said when it was elected. He has stood by and played the hand he is still playing - DO NOTHING. Do you guys forget, he was a big wig in his union back in the day? Do you not think he knows what it takes to bust a union? He does and he is doing his best to see that happen. When the union was left with no choice, it had to resort to picketing. Now they are getting slammed for doing it. Just what the Sheriff thought would happen and look now....

Guess what's next? The union will continue to get slammed until the Sheriff comes out and says, " See guys, I always told you I would take care of you. What has the union done for you?" We'll vote to disband the union and then we will really be in trouble.

You guys forget that "pre-union" the Sheriff was going to give us GAP insurance. How quickly that gets erased from our memories. Now that we are union, all of the sudden he can't get us GAP insurance. Huh...

Pull your heads out of your anuses fellas. It isn't going to get better around here. It's gonna get worse. As long as it can appear to be the union's fault, WHICH IT IS NOT, then anything will be fair game. I hope you like that 5% yearly you get now. I suspect it is next. Of course, it'll get blamed on the county or the State's new tax cuts. But have no doubt, it's really another way to chip away at the union foundation.

Sad. Really sad. I vote that we declare a state of emergency around here. We're in for some bad weather.

07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
A vote of "no confidence" is almost in order. He really has no choice but to blow off the corrections labor union like he did the other two. Once they reach impasse, the unions really need to formally give him a vote of "No Confidence" for the entire state to see. This will open the eyes of his connections in Tallahassee and the FSA. I can't remember the last time a Sheriff got one of those.

07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
To the anonymous poster who said the County Ordinance is binding, show me where it is binding if you are demoted a rank or get two days off.

Oh yeah, it does not apply. I guess it only matters if you get demoted TWO ranks or get THREE or more days off (for the same infraction, because now they add them up for all your violations and give you a total number of days off greater than three).

Thanks for your input.

07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
As the saying goes, It's going to get worse before it gets better.
If you look at the gap insurance, How many retired deputies is he going to have to foot the bill? Maybe a dozen or two dozen retired deputies who put thier life on the line for this agency.

07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Look at all who have left recently that he did not feel deserved it......Deso, Ferguson, Lord just to name a few. It is a shame that these COP's gave the majority of their lives to the agency and community, and this two term squatter does not feel they are worthy of this benefit.

White is not worthy of the persperation off of these law enforcement officers private parts. (Sorry Louie, I had to clean it up just a tad)

07-10-2007, 03:17 AM
The union is a JOKE! I can't wait until we do get to vote it out. You guys do nothing but make our agency look worse. It's embarrassing watching you picket like little *****es and publicly bashing the sheriff on billboards. Why don't we start looking into your personnel files (public records) and see what we can dig up on you and post on a billboard.

07-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Yeah, like what Lt **** face likes to do with his camera. I heard he takes nice photos of half naked girls.

07-10-2007, 03:52 AM
id like to see that on a billboard. right across the street from west opps :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

07-10-2007, 10:59 AM
The union is a JOKE! I can't wait until we do get to vote it out. You guys do nothing but make our agency look worse. It's embarrassing watching you picket like little *****es and publicly bashing the sheriff on billboards. Why don't we start looking into your personnel files (public records) and see what we can dig up on you and post on a billboard.

I was kind of on the fence on the whole union/no union issue. I objectively watched and recently realized there were some things done within the administration that were not entirely honest. I was present when I heard a Captain say the people who were eligible for promotion for corporal were going to be chosen from the sergeant's list. I HEARD it with my own ears and couldn't believe when they didn't follow their own rules. They even passed over a couple people who work hard and are on the sergeant's list. (after I asked about it, I was given several names of people made corporals over the last couple years and none of them are on the sergeant's list either. The one common thing they have is they are not union members though.

Please point out one thing any of the union board members have stated that equates to a lie so my faith can be restored. If not, I will have to become a union member as well.

07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm on the fence also. I just wish we could find a common goal and all work towards it. I love my job with PSO and id like to work here for years to come. I think if we continue on this pace we're in for a long hard road.

I feel that the union should present a contract with the few things that the sheriff does approve of and start with that. at least we would be making progress.

I feel that the sheriff should sit down with the union president and tell him what he approves of. this would avoid the delays with the contract.

I know the sheriff is a good guy and he has great intentions however, i know he doesn't like to be pushed around also. the union may have already ruined it's chances with the sheriff and if so, too bad. but, ill tell you this, i always get more with honey than i do with vinegar.

we're all on the same side here and don't forget that. we should all stick together no matter which side you agree more with. Be safe out there!

07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
YOUR GAY RIGHT. I THINK YOU SHOULD GET OFF YOUR KNEES AND OUT FROM UNDER MINI ME'S DESK.
THE UNION IS ASKING FOR VERY LITTLE. IN FACT , IT IS LESS THAN WHAT ALL THE SURROUNDING COUNTIES GOT. THEY ARE STARTING SMALL AND HOPEING THAT THE SHERIFF ACTS IN GOOD FAITH. WELL , WE SEE WHERE THAT IS GETTING US. THE ONLY PEOPLE TEARING THIS AGENCY APART , ARE THE SHERIFF AND HIS ADMIN. ELECTION TIME IS GETTING CLOER EVERYDAY. SO DONT LOOK NOW , BUT AFTER THE ELECTION , YOU WILL HAVE A WHOLE DIFFERENT TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
weather we have a new sheriff in 08' or not. we will still have most of the same sergeants and lieutenants. i hope they change their ways and become more reasonable to work for.

07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Guys, come on. Stop with the "your gay right?" comments, they are stupid and do nothing to advance the cause of the union. Keep in mind, that most people make decisions based on what they see with their own eyes. Most people do not hunt for answers in order to make informed decisions. Bottom line is that most people are simple or just don't care enough to participate.

On a regular basis, I sit in a read off and listen to these very people, deputies and supervisors alike, discussing union practices and recent movements. They are so ill informed that it's not funny. I would venture to say that it is a little scary. I've even heard some of my fellow deputies say they'd like to see the union go away. When you listen to them talk, they say things about the pickets and union members wearing their FOP shirts to trainings. They don't know the whole deal. Heck, I don't know the whole deal either, but I do know enough to realize that we're better off with the union than without it.

For those of you who are pro-union, you need to refocus your energy. Don't come on here and bash the people who are posting bad things about the union. Use the time and space to promote the union. Put as much good stuff out there as possible. And, for the union guys who are on here posting how the Sheriff isn't cooperating, rethink that position also. I do not hear the Sheriff bashing our Union. He's being smarter than that - He is letting us self-destruct by DOING NOTHING. That includes being confrontational in the media. (FYI, this website is MEDIA)

We can still be successful here. It is my opinion that we need to take a fresh outlook on how we're dealing with an uncooperative and sly Sheriff. I think we should focus on educating our own people about what we are tying to do for us. In a nicer way. Sheriff White is almost invisible during this whole process. I wonder why?

For my fellow deputies who share an anti-union sentiment: PLEASE educate yourself on what the union is striving for. See for yourself what the Sheriff is and isn't doing to work with us. Why won't he give us some of the things we asked for? Do you know that his contract proposal was essentially what we ALREADY have? What's the benefit in that? There is more to this than what meets the eye. I really can't figure out why some of you would rather not support something that will benefit you in the long run.

Good luck! We need it.

07-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll tell you why! I think this is the first intelligent pro union post I have ever seen on this site. I am not for the sheriff or against the union, I just don't really know whats going on. The only information I get is on this site, through the media, and from my fellow deputy's.

The only thing I've seen on this site is people who are pro union or pro sheriff who bash one another. and to be quite frank, the pro sheriff people are USUALLY more polite and respectful.

In person and in the media I see the FOP publicly bashing the sheriff and those who are not pro union in the same manner. The sheriff seems to me to be the more respectful of the two because of how he handles his responses.

I know this agency has its problems but, its the agency we all have chosen to work for. We should encourage everyone to work towards the same goal and do so in a repectful manner.

I absolutely agree with the last poster as the say that the stuipd immature posts are doing nothing to help the cause. I acctually have to admit that after reading the last post I have a little more respect for the union. If union members could have the same reasonable and respectful attitude as the last poster's, you may find more people joining.

07-14-2007, 12:16 AM
To the last poster "Grow Up". Nobody wins with a "I know you are, but what am I" attitude. I sure hope others outside this agency like you, because nobody here likes you or your negative posts.

07-14-2007, 12:09 PM
SHUT UP BOB'S BOY. WHEN HE IS JUST CIVILIAN BOB, WE'LL SEE WHO LIKES YOU.

07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Whether he is the Sheriff or not, nobody cares for a poster like you. Which includes Bob's boys, US- The Union Boys, and the ones in the middle of the road. If you are so unhappy, leave!! The way you post, I am certain it wouldn't matter who was sheriff, you would have something negative to say.

Yakuza.
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Whether he is the Sheriff or not, nobody cares for a poster like you. Which includes Bob's boys, US- The Union Boys, and the ones in the middle of the road. If you are so unhappy, leave!! The way you post, I am certain it wouldn't matter who was sheriff, you would have something negative to say.

Even though there's alot of *****ing from people who stay here and can't work up the nerve to leave.......you have to admit......"Bob's Boy" was funny as hell.

09-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I am a first time reader and wife of a long time survivor. I sure wish each of you "guest" had a number. That way I could skip over some of your comments. What I am finding is that you are hiding behind the word guest and love to use caps to spout off. Don't get me wrong who in their right mind would leave there name on this site, like I said I am a veteran wife. But most of these comments listed hardly ever say anything positive and are seldom informative for either "side". They are childish and make this wife want to vomit. I know, I know I must be a Bob Boy or Union Supporter, NEWS FLASH, not everyone is here to bash one side or the other. Some of us are lookiing for true information. One thing I do know is that this site could be informative and useful for both sides if each side stopped bashing long enough to realize it. Both sides should have better things to do and think about. This is a Job! Do any of you have family or friends to vent to!!
I wonder if any other wives ever read any of this. As a first time reader it makes me very sad. I believe that we have a bad apple or two and they like to speak for the many. If I am willing to bet the same bad apples are on this site every day. Perhaps it is time for you bad apples to find a different barrel, what ever side you are choosing to "be on".
Bad apples can rot the whole barrel! Any barrel!

09-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Sniffle, Sniffle I think I am just sit and cry right here. To bad you don't like it, it is what it is, and I don't think I ever read anything that said you were entitled to any enjoyment or informative material either. If this place is not your cup of tea then hit that little red X in the far upper right corner.

09-02-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm an outsider who works for a state agencey here in Pasco. We are PBA. I have ner seen a union try to work so hard for the depuites. I can only wish that PBA had the guts to picket like your union has. You truely have a union that cares about you. It's obvious that your brass does not. (not in our department either.) I sat in your recent budget hearing. Your Sheriff could answer nothing. If this guy was in front of the Florida Legislature there would be formal investigation as to how he spens YOUR money. When you have this kind of leadership your union is needed.

09-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks for your honst opinion JD. As you can see by the post and your observations, we desperately need a new Sheriff. I only hope that you will join with your brothers and sisters in LE and help us to this end.

09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
YES WE DO NEED A NEW SHERIFF... AND WE NEED A STRONGER FOP AS WELL......