PDA

View Full Version : CCSO STEP Pay Plan

Paradise
07-06-2007, 12:33 AM
This thread has been started as a continuation of the pay issues discussed under the “Possible Layoffs” thread. The following information is a response to Guest07 and Ticked-Off for their misconception or understanding of the CCSO pay plan;

The STEP plan was not implemented for SGT’s and below. If you would know anything about the subject then you would know that the Pay Plan Committee was developed to correct all of the pay problems and inequities that existed for the whole agency.

This is not a new problem in law enforcement and one that affects the majority. The Pay Plan Committee researched this and came up with a solution to solve these issues. Let me first say that there will never be a pay plan that solves everyone’s problems. The more employees you have the more opportunity there are to have pay inequities. This STEP plan resolved the majority of those issues identified by the committee.

With that said any figures that Ticked-Off or Guest07 are referring to were the figures prior to the implementation of the STEP plan (Fall 2005). Therefore, your figures and complaints are old news. When the STEP plan went into effect, it was learned a few months later that the Pay Plan Committee did not take into account the amount of responsibility that the majority of LT’s have for the pay range that they were assigned. For that reason only the LT range was adjusted by a small percentage to compensate for the oversight. If the Pay Plan Committee had made these adjustments prior to the implementation of the pay plan then we would not be having this discussion now. Due to an oversight, the plan was adjusted only for their grade and a Wrong was turned into a Right. Since that minor change there have been no other changes made to the STEP plan.

The STEP plan is designed so that any market adjustments needed are done so at the starting deputy level. That means if the starting deputy pay is raised then all other is raised, thus, the elimination of a pay compression problem.

Since the fall of 2005 everyone has been given the same percentage in raises. It only stands to reason that if your base pay is $40,000.00 and you are given a 2.7% increase then your actual dollar increase will not be as much as if your base was at $70,000.00.

In short, find another area to criticize because the pay issues for CCSO have been resolved…Next?

07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Come on Paradise, tell us the truth. Your name really is Jim Bloom, isn't it?
Your continued apologies for the sheriff and his inconsistencies (actually your inconsistencies) are really irritating. The statement had been made that all rank levels had been given the same 49% pay increases over the years. I proved you to be false in that statement, so you have decreased the time period now to just over a year since the pay adjustments took place in October 2005. Now you claim that a minor adjustment was made for lieutenants because of their "responsiblilites". WRONG. The pay adjustments were made because of the pay a couple of newly appointed lieutenants made that put them several thousands of dollars higher than some lieutenants that had been in rank for a significant period of time. Please go ahead and deny that there were lieutenants that got salary adjustments in 2006 that amounted to $15,000 or more. And yes the captains and lieutenants got even more because they now can accumulate comp time for their excess hours that they can use for additional vacation time..... or use it as their vacation time and sell back their PDO time, which amounts to a substantial pay increase to them. Do I think they should get comp time. Sure, why not, but the justification for their larger salaries had always been that they were "overtime exempt". Not so any more since comp time is the same as OT, just it is paid in days off rather than pay, and as we see, the pay takes care of itself when PDO days are sold back for cash.
I'm happy that lieutenants and captains make all that money. I just don't like it when administration hacks try to deny all the benefits that the brass is getting and then say that the line guys have it so good that they shouldn't complain.

07-06-2007, 03:50 AM
i sayed it before and i say it agian: review the pay and salry historry of the brass four the past several years at leest to 2002. their is NO conissistency or pattern and the huge purcentages will stagger you. of coarse if you ask for the info you will bee targited by the agency so so do so at your own pearil. parudise is an apologist. whilee much has been done by the sherrif to fix pay their is sooooo mucch more that needs to be done. guest07 knowws very much exacctly what heis talking about.

time for a nerw sheriff and an new adminsitration.

Paradise
07-06-2007, 03:53 AM
This is my last post on the subject; I will not debate you further. Your information is hearsay from others whereas mine is from the source. Believe what you want and try to twist the facts to meet your agenda but in any case there are no current issues remaining with pay within the CCSO.

Count 1 – I am not Chief Bloom; I am below the rank of SGT and drive a green and white for a living.

Count 2 - October 2005 was not just a little over a year ago, it was 22 months ago.

Count 3 – If you will recall it was stated after the STEP plan took affect that there would be individual inequities. Everyone was told if your case fell in to that category to advise Chief Smith and your case would be reviewed. Not only were there a few LT’s that fit in that category, there were other ranks and individuals that met the criteria for an adjustment in pay. It took time to review the individual requests and they were approved in 2006. Remember 2006 was only 3 months after October 2005.

Count 4 – The admin does have it good, that is the perks of being promoted. If you want what they have then get promoted. You need to compare deputies to deputies and not deputies to staff. Compared to other deputies throughout the state, we do have it good and if you still feel the need to complain then feel free to find better elsewhere.

Count 5 – At the end of the day the Sheriff is still the man in charge. If he feels it necessary to adjust someone’s pay outside of the STEP plan scale then that is his right to do so. Be glad that we have a Sheriff that looks at each of us individually instead as being just an I.D. number.

It will not matter to me how you will devalue the information I have given. The members of our agency are not stupid and in fact are experts when having to determine who is blowing smoke versus who is being honest.

Good luck with the rest of your agenda.

07-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Your blowing smoke paradise.

07-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Paradise or JB or whoever you choose to be known as........
YOU started this thread and now you don't wish to discuss it further? You say what I said is "hearsay" because it is from others and what you say is "from the source". Doesn't that make what you say to be hearsay as well? And who are you to know whether or not I was in the room at the PDC when the discussion on lieutenants pay took place?
By the way, October 2005 was 21 months ago, not 22.
If anyone has an agenda here, it is you, not me. Your agenda is to act as the apologist for this administration that is severely lacking in leadership. Any debate to the contrary you do not wish to hear. You deride any comments made on this forum where people call into question decisions made by the administration. Woe to the person who suggests that maybe it is time to reconsider a union for that person will incur the wrath of Paradise. Sorry, but I happen to agree that it is time to reconsider it. The PBA was voted down after the administration lobbied heavily against it. Now it seems that the administration feels free to handle employee issues with a heavy handed mentality. Employees who got into trouble used to be salvaged with discipline, now they are dismissed on a regular basis without concern for the employee or their families. An atmosphere of fear has enveloped the agency as a result with employees now fearing for their jobs whenever they must take any actions that could be called into question. Integrity checks by PRB at the behest of the administration reek of KGB tactics. It's one thing to be investigating a complaint of wrong doing, but a totally different thing to be setting up situations to see how a deputy may respond. It is the administration that has caused the morale issues that are pervasive in this agency. The sheriff seems to think that throwing additional money at the deputies will make this all go away. You, Paradise, seem to think the same thing. But the cancer that is eating at this agency will not be cured with additional money. The cancer is coming from the top with poor leadership and a cronyism in the administration that shouts "do as I say, not as I do".

07-06-2007, 04:12 PM
AMEN

veteranrookie
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Personal Foul on the kicking team!

Paradise--0

Everyone else arguing W/Paradise--14

Paradise, when you start your argument with a blanketed condensending statement (i.e. "If you would know anything about the subject...") you have already lost the argument. Once more you then proceeded to make your point using the "Holier than Thou" tactic.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct! 15 yard penalty...

07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Paradise is JW in disguise as JB but trying to sound like DH and posting under the disquise of Paradise,,,,,,,,keep it up you wont know who YOU are.

07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Paradise is JW in disguise as JB but trying to sound like DH and posting under the disquise of Paradise

I think you may be right on this. Paradise does show a level of articulateness that I believe would probably escape JB. I have no doubt, however, that Paradise does not drive a green and white or is below the rank of sergeant as he describes himself. Monitoring of this forum just as was the case in the ethics board on the intranet is in the interest of PRB and it was JW who was responsible for the replies made on the ethics board. They were written by an admin. sgt and then sent to JW for approval before posting. It's too bad that the administration couldn't take the criticisms on that board and that it was taken down.

veteranrookie
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Paradise is JW in disguise as JB but trying to sound like DH and posting under the disquise of Paradise

I think you may be right on this. Paradise does show a level of articulateness that I believe would probably escape JB. I have no doubt, however, that Paradise does not drive a green and white or is below the rank of sergeant as he describes himself. Monitoring of this forum just as was the case in the ethics board on the intranet is in the interest of PRB and it was JW who was responsible for the replies made on the ethics board. They were written by an admin. sgt and then sent to JW for approval before posting. It's too bad that the administration couldn't take the criticisms on that board and that it was taken down.

Face Mask!! that'll be an additional 15 yards and an automatic rejection from the thread!!

First Down...

07-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I am lost. Whom ever if writing the initials of the peoples they are speaking of need to help me out a little here. I am assuming JW=PRB Chief but I am not sure of the other. In order for some of us to comment on your recent postings I think you need to let us know who you are talking about.
Thanks

07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I am lost. Whom ever if writing the initials of the peoples they are speaking of need to help me out a little here. I am assuming JW=PRB Chief but I am not sure of the other. In order for some of us to comment on your recent postings I think you need to let us know who you are talking about.

Read back about 10 posts and you see who the other is

07-08-2007, 11:25 AM
The point has been lost. I don't think it's the amount of money these people are making. It's the amount of people making that amount of money.

Too much brass spoils the soup.

A Capt. and Lt. sitting down town and having no responsiblity is the issue. They supervise no one. Road patrol Sgt.'s are supervising between 7-9 people. Can't swing a dead cat around without hitting brass.
Does every division need a Capt., a couple of Cmndr's and a couple of Lt.'s.

07-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes, and soon I will fill the position of "Captain of Morale and Troop Welfare". I will start by monitoring this website, and isolating those with poor attitudes - those attitudes contrary to solid Republican morale. I will then initiate covert electroshock therapy upon said subjects until they goose step to the tune of "Hail to the Chief" when they catch a glimpse of the Sheriff. I will provide the obstinate troops a steady diet of vanilla soy milk and soilent gray wafers. As a means decidings promotions, we will have a contest amongst those who are "chosen" to be considered for the new position - he/she who provides the Sheriff with the largest quantity of ingredients for fresh soilent gray wafers will be awarde the position, and an immediate lobotomy. Should their be a tie, their will be three event tie breaker - to be judged by Chief JW. The tie breaking events are as follows: goose stepping, knob polishing and the ability to display hypocrisy that knows no bounds. The winners shall report to the puzzle palace for indoctrination, and the loser will immediately salt themselves and report to the soilent gray plant. I hope these items, along with my refusal to use paragraphs, will boost morale - should they not I will begin further isolation and indoctrination procedures. Now if you excuse me I have to go initiate some "pre-employment integrity checks" at local elementary schools and maternity wards....enjoy the wafers and I hope to see you real soon. Have a great Republican day....or else!

Paparazzi LEO
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I know everyone is dying to know who this Capt Morale is. Well, they do not call me “Paparazzi Leo” for nothing. Enjoy a photo of our new hero in action. (Notice how happy the police officer is. Now that is morale)

http://therapysessions.blogspot.com/cap ... yet109.jpg (http://therapysessions.blogspot.com/capt.nyet10903251507.people_richard_simmons_nyet10 9.jpg)

It is a dangerous job but someone has to do it.

07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
capitain morale is funnny. pertty accruate to. thats why lots of good people dont aget promoted because they cant passs the tests moreale outlined. funny sttuff.

time for a new sheriff and an new administration.

07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Dearest Deputy retnuH,

I like the way you think, coupled with your ability to spot talent. As part of my new "thousand points of lard" morale program I believe I have a new position for you...now now don't get too excited, as there is no more money in it - but there will be a title...Lord retnuH...Commandant of Soilent Gray Quality Control. As part of your duties, you must pre-test, for taste, the hind quarters of all those who oppose the Exalted One. For those who oppose his Goodness shall soon serve, or be served, as soilent gray wafers to nourish those who wash the feet his Worthiness. When pre-taste testing, please start at the posterior and work your way forward between the lower appendages, as that is the area the Lordship's Dungeon Master prefers. Please remove, forthwith, all dingleberrys and unidentified odiferous clumps as those produce lumpy wafers - and bad media. If any testing subject resists please castrate them according to El Libre Verde de Dios. If any subject seems to enjoy the testing, please promote them as they have potential to serve in the palace as "practical" virgins - to guard the coffers of the Communitcations office. I apologize for the lack of financial incentive, but His Misery has invested the budget in tribal tattoo ink, Alan Fundt cameras and requisite GOP Holy Water. If you'll excuse teh good Capt, he is off to secure a new supply of Foster's Lager to grease the literary wheels for later - and he has to find another IP address to keep morale climbing. Good fortune Lord retnuH!

Soilent Gray Wafers - bet you can't eat just one.

Capt. Morale

07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
hthank you but i have a job and dispite youre endorseement i doubt i will go any fuurther. i dont want to and the powerrs that be dont want me to iether.

itme for a new sherif and new adiministraton.

i have to go now as it is is the ****tainl houre. i maybe bak monday.

:twisted:

ReelsouthernLeo
07-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Capt. Morale makes me chuckle...

Dear retnuh....What do you think we should be making at Cpl. or Dep. level?

It is a fact that we will never make enough money for the job that we do, but for some reason we still do that job because deep down somewhere we love it a little.
I would be very surprised if in my career here that I will ever have a base salary of a 100,000 dollars or more. If it ever did reach that level I am sure that someone would complain that it wasn't enough.

I think that your fight should be to convince the taxpayers who should then convince the county commission that we deserve more money so that the Sheriff could run the agency instead of having to appoint others while he is off to fight for more money.

retnuh...I will be waiting for your payplan for Cpl's and below on your next posting so that everyone can see what Magnum P.I. and the rich and worthless PBA are going to bring us at election time.

Curios George
07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
P - Please
B - Beg
A - Again

Not many people realize that the initials PBA came from the chant made by the members after the contract was proposed and accepted by the union representatives.

And now you know the rest of the story.

07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
it seems that i have struckk a cord wthi realsoutthenr leo. horray for me. where in my comments havei *****ed about the money made by deps and copls like myself? i have *****ed about hte number of brass and confirmeed that that brass makes big monney and was given more ang bigger riases over the yearrs thatn the deps and cplls. as i just said read and listten to my comments and dont spin them around to sewt youre wown ends. despitee the pay i say it is time for a new sheriff in this town ans his or her new adimin. :shock:

ReelsouthernLeo
07-10-2007, 04:56 AM
All rhetoric aside..

What do you think that the pay should be retnuh?

Why should we cry about the pay that someone of a higher rank is receiving. And in some respects I do mean "RANK"

How does belly aching serve you? If you are just looking to stir the pot for fun than just tell me and save me the time of responses. If not than throw out your ideas on the table and make this subject a somewhat intelligent and positive exchange of thoughts for once.

07-11-2007, 02:49 AM
deeriest reelsouuthernleo....... no belly acheing hear. i have said andw ill say again that mr hunter has done mjdch good. but i say again it is time for a new sherifff in town.

hunter and ahis admin are a tragic illlustraton in inconsistency and lack of character. do as they say an not as they do. crowneeism (sp?) and favoritism runs rampant. the good old boy system that hunter caimpainged aganst is back in spades. how can any of us try to advancae when thee rules change from day to day or hour to our. mr hunter has lost otouch with his agecny and has i think run out of ideass and enthusiasim. he has paceked the agency with idiots weareiwn more gold than a mr t starter kit.

despite his goood he has run out of himself an d it is time for anew sherisff. i find it dizharteningg that so many wimpas have come to these pagges aned expressed such fear of chhange. they dont remember how bad it was before don annd i am hear to tell yoo it has bgooten just as bad. it is time afor a new shesriff and a new admin.

i neesd a drink

veteranrookie
07-11-2007, 04:41 AM
crowneeism (sp?) and favoritism runs rampant.

retnuh, you crack me up sometimes. Not to be trivial, but why did you "(sp?)" in this sentence when you never seem to care about the (sp) anyways? Man, you are a strange cat.

and to help out (cause I like you). I think it would be something like "cronyism." Not sure of the spelling of the addition of the "ism" part along with that word (or even if you can "ism" that word) but "crony" is sp'd properly.

Here all week...

07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
i donnt understand. are you telling me my postss are froght with missppellings?

07-12-2007, 07:36 PM
retnuh,

pleez stop raining on donald's parade, or he will not remember you fondly when he finally gets that promotion to tallahassee he has been gurgling...i mean struggling for.

drink more - spell bettur

08-04-2007, 06:17 AM
WE are so top heavy with over paid comanders who don't do any thing but drive around in there unmarked cars and second guess every Road Patrol Sgt. in this Dept.