PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Posts

07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Is it true that the admin is going to make us drive our own cars to hospital posts? and that we are required to be at the post by the end of the persons shift in which we are taking over for. If so I don't know how they can do this. They don't pay for my gas or insurance for my car nor do the pay for the repairs. When I signed up for this job I wasn't told that I would be required to drive my POV to off site hospital posts throughout the Tampa Bay area. This is bullshit... Who the hell dreams up this shit? The people in the command staff who have vehicles issued to them? or the people who have vehicles issued to them who do not really need them? How many times have you seen any of our command staff respond to calls where their needed? or handle calls for service when calls are backed up. NEVER... Why don't we take these vehicles away from them and keep them in the detention fleet. Then the deputy's who are forced to work hospital posts can take the vehicle home with them the night before and respond to the hospital post from their house. This would save both time and money and keep the deputy's from driving their own vehicles. We don't make much money and I don't want to spend the little money I do make on Gas.

07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I agree.. I heard this was going to be the new fix for hospital posts. This is getting out of control. I agree with the fact that the supervisors in the jail shouldn't have issued vehicles. For that matter I don't know why they need them anyway. Just a perk I assume. Well get off your perk and let the deputy's drive them to our hospital posts. or You could always go to the post yourselves in your new cars/trucks/suv's

07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Has anyone had to do this yet?

07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
whats the big deal you have to drive to the jail anyway. atleast now its not forced overtime. it sucks the way it is now. if its going to save me a few hours then who cares. for some of you the hospital might even be closer than the jail. i think your making a big deal out of nothing.

07-05-2007, 04:26 PM
are these hospital posts all over pasco or all over tampa bay area?

07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
We have always drove our POV's to the Harbor post. But I agree that noone should have to drive their personal vehicle to a hospital post. You are Armed, and should be in a sheriffs vehicle. BTW as far as issued vehicles-it is a perk to Lt. and above--but at least their are not the brand new cars either. the also ge the hand me downs from the road, detectives whatever.

07-05-2007, 08:50 PM
usually within the county or sping hill regional

07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I was told if I am going to Tampa I can sign out a car, but I don't want to go to the jail to pick it up. It was really nice to go to my post (hospital) and only work 12 hrs. My sergeant had me go 2 days in a row so I had the equipment. I didn't mind driving my own car cuz it wasn't as long as it is to drive to the jail.

07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
This whole thing is not fair. If I were given a agency vehicle to take home with me the night before, it would make it much better for me. I'm a single parent and pay all my bills alone. My car isn't the best thing out there and it doesn't get great gas mileage. When the admin. forces us to drive our own vehicles, this causes me to spend more money on gas then I would normally spend driving to the jail. I moved to lol to be closer to work... because I thought it would help.. yeah right!! What will happen if my car breaks down? Will I get paid for the time I spend on the side of the road? Will the admin send a agency wrecker for my car? I'm sure the response will be "sounds like you having personal problems" and I will not get paid. No, I'm not having personal problems.. If I didn't have to drive right past the jail to Spring Hill Regional, Bayonet Point or community hospitals, my car or my wallet wouldn't have been affected. I know some of you don't really care because you either not affected or you don't have kids and live alone.

This decision is not fair for everyone and consideration for more detention vehicles should be made. If they can give take home vehicles to the admin, transport, ror, and the maintenance sergeant,(what does he need that truck for?) I think they could get a few additional cars for those of us who are forced to go to hospital posts.

07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
First off I am opposed to any detention deputy driving a fully marked vehicle with a light package. How is the community supposed to realize that you are not a patrol deputy?

Second, I feel that if you are required to drive somewhere htat does not say Pasco Jail in the title then you should be able to check out a vehilce at the jail and drive it to your post.

07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I have worked both sides of the fence, Detention and Patrol. I am opposed to Detention driving a marked vehicle period. The only exception would be to those few who have completed FTO and know how to handle calls on the street or at least assist in an emergency when needed. As far as the Administration driving agency vehicles....well I don't agree they should be given that privalage either, however I guess RHIP. If you work the jail you know you will at some point have to go to the hospital post, thats part of the job. If you end up with a couple hours OT because of it...oh well suck it up and enjoy the extra couple bucks. As far as driving your POV...well you should be compensated for your gas if you are forced to use your own car. But the bottom line is Do What You Gotta Do and suck it up....

07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I asked about this very issue. You have it ALL WRONG. They, the Admin, are giving you a choice, which is what some of us have asked for!!! Some of us asked to get a weapon the night before and go stright to the hospital. This works out best for myself and others. You don't have to do this, you can go to work, check out a weapon, a vehicle, and go to the hospital. This is what is wrong with some people, you never listen, but complain alot. Recently, we have put in suggestions telling the admin the things we don't like, this was an issue and we got results!!! What more do you want from them.

07-07-2007, 12:48 AM
I only want one more thing.

Bob White to get beat in '08!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

07-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I want the FOP beat in 08'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I want the FOP beat in 08'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Bob, That won't happen!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

07-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I have worked both sides of the fence, Detention and Patrol. I am opposed to Detention driving a marked vehicle period. The only exception would be to those few who have completed FTO and know how to handle calls on the street or at least assist in an emergency when needed. As far as the Administration driving agency vehicles....well I don't agree they should be given that privalage either, however I guess RHIP. If you work the jail you know you will at some point have to go to the hospital post, thats part of the job. If you end up with a couple hours OT because of it...oh well suck it up and enjoy the extra couple bucks. As far as driving your POV...well you should be compensated for your gas if you are forced to use your own car. But the bottom line is Do What You Gotta Do and suck it up....

hmmm what about transport. they are not dual and yet they drive marked vehicles all day some with lights. really dont see it of that big a deal. just like when you guys drive off duty in your work vehicles if you come across something you call it in. i think we have all been trained in driving and radio use. get over it road deputies, not that big of a deal.

07-10-2007, 10:58 PM

hmmm what about transport. they are not dual and yet they drive marked vehicles all day some with lights. really dont see it of that big a deal. just like when you guys drive off duty in your work vehicles if you come across something you call it in. i think we have all been trained in driving and radio use. get over it road deputies, not that big of a deal.

Just to get you up to speed...Several Transport Deputy's are Dual Certified and quite offened they are utilized as Bailiff as well.

07-11-2007, 02:26 AM
just to get me up to speed eh????

there are about 12 in there. how many do you think are dual...i can think of one how bout you retard???

07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
yes! we drive our vehicles off duty however, this is with the assumption that we will respond to a priority one call if we're in the area. or that we'll respond to assist another deputy in an emergency situation. also, we just don't get on the radio and call stuff in. we have to handle the call when we're flagged down. now, when you hear us on the radio calling something in asking for another deputy, it's because the call will require a report of follow up investigation. remember we're off duty and most of the time we don't get paid for this. furthermore, we have been through field training and are qualified to handle the situation.

07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah even when my granny see's a big ole white van with the wods's S-H-E-R-I-F-F on the sides even she can figure out that it is not a patrol deputy.

What in the world would a detention deputy driving a transport van need red n blue lights for? Is it a ego issue? You sit in yer driveway and turn em on? im sure there is no way to justify them.

07-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Obviously you don't know too much about Transport or their duties.
Transport has 6 dual certified deputy's not 1. Transport Deputies also must have knowledge in four different area's (Booking, Warrants, Bailiff and Transport). The light bar or bubble dome equipped in those vans they are in case of an emergency situation while out on the road or if they feel they are in risk of a possible ambush. Try to keep in mind that there could be 11+ inmates in those vans at any given time, lets face it they all don't get along all the time. And to you road brothers/sisters Transport Has/Will always respond to any Deputy requesting assistance while out on the road. Everyone stay safe..

07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I agree with the last poster. However, I think the previous post was directed toward the detention deputies who are complaining about the road guys being able to drive their cars off duty.

I am a detention deputy and I don't want to drive a patrol car off duty. Personally, I don't like driving a marked car period. If I get flagged down in some sort of mess, yes I'm sure I could use common sense to get the situation under control. But, I would rather leave that to the road guys who handle that type of crap everyday. Thats their job not mine.

I know a lot of the new guys are in here because they couldn't get a job on the road. But, you need to remember that your not road deputies and you don't need a patrol car. You don't need all that leather gear with all your personally purchased items either.

I'm glad the road guys do what they do and I sure they appreciate us too. So, let them do their jobs and you concentrate on yours.