PDA

View Full Version : Scapecchi to Run

07-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Former Escambia sheriff's lieutenant to run for top office

A former Escambia County Sheriff's Office lieutenant has prefiled to run for the county's top law enforcement job.

Larry Scapecchi, who retired from the department this year, filed Monday with the Escambia supervisor of elections to run for the office now held by incumbent Sheriff Ron McNesby.

Scapecchi, 44, began his 25-year law enforcement career as a corrections deputy and moved up though the ranks. He was a volunteer firefighter and assistant fire chief with the Myrtle Grove Volunteer Fire Department and is president of the Myrtle Grove Youth Association.

"I think the man that holds that office should be a man of integrity," said Scapecchi, a Democrat.

07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I was hoping to hear this.. he's got my vote.

07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Mine too!!! I have heard good things about this man.

07-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Go get em, "Spec" !!!!!

07-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Larry Scapecchi, a 25 year law enforcement veteran, has filed to run for the office of Sheriff of Escambia County. Larry Scapecchi retired in January 2007 as a Lieutenant with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office. During his 25 years of service, Larry has held the position of Officer in Charge (OIC) of Narcotics, OIC Precinct 2 Uniform Patrol Division and OIC of Property Investigations north.

A democrat, Larry Scapecchi was born and raised in Escambia County. A public servant his entire adult life, Larry began his public service as a volunteer firefighter with the Myrtle Grove Volunteer Fire Department where he attained the rank of Assistant Fire Chief. At age 19, he began his law enforcement career when he became employed as a corrections officer and continued to serve the citizens of Escambia County for 25 years as a deputy, sergeant and lieutenant.

Larry Scapecchi currently continues his public service as president of the Myrtle Grove Youth Association Foundation a position he has held for the past 6 years.

Larry Scapecchi is married (wife – Sarita) and has two sons –Larry Jr (20) and Joey (13). He is a member of the Myrtle Grove Baptist Church.

07-05-2007, 07:38 PM
You can't get better than Larry. Escambia County S.O. would be lucky to get him. All you voters out there, time to get rid of the Shurff and put somebody decent in office!

07-13-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm voting for Larry.

07-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Is that you Paula?

02-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Larry has my support!

Time to take the big mac to Larry Land!!

02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Larry Scapecchi for Sheriff!!!!!!

DDG
02-22-2008, 04:15 PM
got my vote!

02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Got my vote, my family’s vote, all of my friend’s votes, and anybody else I can get. It is time for CHANGE.

02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
http://larryscapecchiforsheriff.com/LS-chart.pdf

go visit this website, lovely information

02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
www.escambiavotes.com (http://www.escambiavotes.com)
search McNesby and see how many of the new sgt's and lt's gave money to the sheriif.... That was prior to their promotion!!!!
Just scroll to the end, that is the most prior.

02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll post it up here for eveybody's ease.

11/7/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Brian Rupert $150.00
11/9/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Richard Baily $150.00
12/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Christina Hernandez $25.00
12/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Tim Hernandez $25.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Ricky Shelby $125.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff John Tindell $250.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Rick Vinson $250.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Ted Roy $125

02-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I'll post it up here for eveybody's ease.

11/7/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Brian Rupert $150.00
11/9/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Richard Baily $150.00
12/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Christina Hernandez $25.00
12/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Tim Hernandez $25.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Ricky Shelby $125.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff John Tindell $250.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Rick Vinson $250.00
9/28/2007 MCNESBY, RON Sheriff Ted Roy $125

Eight names posted and only two of those were promoted which works out to be 25%. Each person on that list was eligible but somehow only 25% of them actually were promoted. Them ain't good odds, friend.

But if all you want to do is spread hate and discontent then yes, its sounds like the sheriff is only promoting contributors. :shock:

02-23-2008, 01:27 AM
The ones who didn’t get promoted would not had any chances even if they were eligible it they were not on the contribution list.

Show a list of everyone he’s promoted in 7 years, who DID NOT contribute to his campaign and then show a list of those who have been promoted who did contribute and it shows a clear picture. Your chances are many times better to get promoted if you contribute than it you don’t.

02-23-2008, 02:23 AM
When you make that list, please indicate who gave before they got promoted and who gave after they got promoted. I think that would clear your picture up a little.

02-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Your chances are many times better to get promoted if you contribute than it you don’t.

True, so what are you waiting for?

Such is the nature of being employed by an elected official. ECSO personnel should have realized this before they applied but apparently most didn't. It has been the same way for decades and will remain this way long after we're old and dead.

Every sheriff candidate says the same stuff and like fools we deputies believe them. Once elected; little is different.
Sheriffs who tried to change too much too fast and had preconceived notions of what the ECSO is quickly became despised by the same deputies who helped them get elected. (see Charlie Johnson)
Even McNesby learned that change just for change sake created unnecessary problems, i. e. the 10 hour vs 12 hour fiasco. It is a mistake he may be about to repeat. Only fools fail to learn from history.

Give money and support to whoever you want but don't cry if your man doesn't win. Someone who isn't prepared to lose shouldn't be gambling to begin with. There is no shame in staying away from the table altogether.

Regardless of the results, hating fellow deputies for supporting someone different than you is as ridiculous as loudmouth rednecks fist fighting over whether Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhardt Jr is the better driver even though both race for the same team!
Avoid the loudmouth rednecks in our ranks just as you would those at a nascar race. You know who they are and you are visualizing their faces right now, aren't you? :wink:

On election day just go into your booth and vote what your heart and conscience tell you because all that really matters is that you are true to yourself. The rest is silly bullsh*t.

02-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Dont know who you are but that was well said......

02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
There is a reason we have no 3 term Sheriffs. By the time they do 2 terms, they have issues because it is very difficult to please all the people all the time. However, more is at stake here my friends. We have good vs. evil going on here.

However, these are the facts and those of us who go "way back" know this:

VINCE TO CHARLIE: We wanted change from Vince, we got Charlie. He was terrible. Lesson: Change is good but the man you but in office may not be. Good guy, but just did not know how to do the job and was paranoid.

CHARLIE TO JIM: We wanted change from Charlie, we got Jim Lowman. He was very good at growing the department and a very good man. However, he had BAD people running things. He did 2 terms and really did not want any more but his "boys" did. They did not get it. Lesson: Change is good and the man you put in office may be good -- but make sure he has friends that are good too.

JIM TO HARRY: We wanted change from Lowman. We got DIRTY HARRY. I knew him when he was a deputy. Harry was called THE WORM. I felt distrust for him and felt he was "dirty" from day one. He NEVER worked. He always had a scam going (kind of like Rex behaves today). He did not care who got hurt. There is no surprise that all he has done as Sheriff is bring shame to the department. He cares naught of the public, the deputies and personnel that work for him. What’s new? We are dysfunctional and provide worse service now than 7 years ago. Thanks Harry. The only people that will disagree are the little suck asses who want to play Harry's politics because they can’t get it if they have to compete fairly. DIRTY HARRY IS NOT A GOOD MAN and neither is anyone on his staff (with the exception of Dean Anderson)!

Let's do it right this time! Let's go from HARRY TO LARRY: I have known Larry S since he was a deputy too. Larry S. busted ass on the road and in Narcotics. He was always fair and honest in any dealings I had with him. He was a good cop. For his outside business, he was good at that and ran it well. However, most importantly, Larry cared about people. LARRY IS A GOOD MAN and knows that he has to do GOOD things and have GOOD people around him that do good things. Larry is self made and is coming in to help change the department where he spent his career. He will bring unbiased promotions based on fair competition, fiscal accountability, partnering with the PBA to take care of your deputies, not hurt them, and thus set the precedence for years to come by setting the bar high for the expectations of a Sheriff. Only then will we be able to function as a LEA and do a good job.

MY SLOGAN IS "VOTE FOR LARRY, NOT HARRY"

So, I would rather have CHANGE with a GOOD person like LARRY S rather than let the WORM do FOUR more years as the last 8 have been progressively worse.

Don't make the mistakes of the past. Larry is the best man mentioned on this page!!!

I don't know Morgan and am not really interested in an OUTSIDER coming to run things. But given a choice between Morgan or Dirty Harry, I would choose Morgan.

What should you do?

CONSIDER THE DAMAGE FOUR MORE YEARS OF HARRY WILL BRING. DO THE RIGHT THING!

VOTE NO ON HARRY!

02-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Right on Pedro!

02-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Wont vote for Harry! Cant do four more years with this man.

Change is needed. I will be voting for Larry.

02-24-2008, 09:54 AM
add another vote for Larry Scapecchi!

02-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Vote for Larry against Lucas in August. Vote for Morgan against McNesby in August. Then in November no matter what happens we are finished with Harry in January.

Veteran Deputy
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Who ever did a search on the Supervisors of Elections website needs to search back a little further. Of the 15 or 16 promoted this time around, 8 were on the list for contributing. I wish I could find the piece of paper I wrote it on but it gave me a sick feeling seeing that we now have (2) Civil Sergeants and (2) SRO Lietuenants. What a bunch of A** kissing rednecks!