PDA

View Full Version : Captain Lewis gets his job back

07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
After being forced to resign in order to run for mayor Captain Lewis has been reinstated by a Circuit Court judge who has ruled that the city erred when they said he had to leave. The judge ruled he works for the Chief and not the mayor because he is protected by civil service.

07-03-2007, 08:03 PM
he hasn't been reinstated he just won that portion of the case.

Marva Crenshaw is a well known black activist and anti police "judge" if ol marion was white he'd been out of luck.

just a sista lookin out fer her own dats all. I doubt he'll be back

07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
he hasn't been reinstated he just won that portion of the case.

Marva Crenshaw is a well known black activist and anti police "judge" if ol marion was white he'd been out of luck.

just a sista lookin out fer her own dats all. I doubt he'll be back

Well that 's real funny as she ruled the same way the elections people told him how the interpeted the law as they told him it was not a conflict.

07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Welcome back, I knew he would get his job back...

07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I have never had an issue with Capt Lewis as an Officer all the way up to Captain. Considering who's left around here to "steer the ship"...Come home soon Captain.

07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
you guys don't read!! He has NOT gotten his job back. he just won a court case saying he didnt have to quit.........you idiots

07-04-2007, 02:40 AM
After all the ANTI-TPD public bashing he did??? Wow I just can't wait to work again for a leader like that. He was totally unprofessional in some of his remarks and seriously doubt he should ever wear the uniform again.

07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I heard the Narcotics Division would love to have him back. The Current Captain (Captain Guide Wire) is not well liked up there.

07-04-2007, 10:52 PM
After all the ANTI-TPD public bashing he did??? Wow I just can't wait to work again for a leader like that. He was totally unprofessional in some of his remarks and seriously doubt he should ever wear the uniform again.

The only bashing he did against the department was about the stats. If you believe the stats that this place puts out, then you have been brainwashed and will be promoted way above your abilities.

Although Captain Lewis may have had some problems in his career, at least he was a "fair" person. There have been many at TPD that have done just as bad if not worse. Eating cookies is better than counting beans. Give me the Cookie Monster anyday over Mr Bean.

07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
What you guys fail to see is what the Department did by forcing his retirement. This was also done to another Sgt, and since the precedent has been set you guys could have some real problems in the future. Kevin Durkin did absolutely nothing (shock shock) about what the Chief had done, knowing full well of the implications. Just imagine, you just say one day that youre just tired of this place and you feel you should quit, when all of a sudden you get served some retirement papers. You refuse to sign and they write refusal on them, and the Chief takes your "verbal resignation". This HAS happened boys and girls, and will happen again with they new breed of screw you to get ahead supervisors.

07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
What Sgt?

Are you talking about the one that was driving her patrol car home from a party and was drinking while driving the car and then wrecked it.

After that.......the two white officers who arrived to investigate the accident were sent away and a black probationary officer (able member), a black Sgt (able member) and black Lt (able member) all arrived to "investigate". Then..........

A black Cpt (able president) arrived. Mind you this cpt is not in this officers chain of command. (well in the able chain) but not in the TPD Chain of Command.

Is THIS the Sgt you are refering to?

07-06-2007, 05:24 AM
[quote="huh?"]What Sgt?

I believe they are referring to the D1 Sgt that had just gotten fed up with the politics and spoke his mind. He was a respected Senior Sgt and that is one of the reasons they forced the issue.

Whenever you realize you are just a position number and nothing more the better off you will be. No matter what you think your value is to the department, another a$$ will be sitting in your chair as soon as you are gone.

So just do your job safely, watch out for yourself and your partner, and go home alive. This place has become nothing more than a "job" and not the family it once was.

07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
AMEN!!!!!

07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Kevin Durkin did absolutely nothing (shock shock) about what the Chief had done, knowing full well of the implications. Just imagine, you just say one day that youre just tired of this place and you feel you should quit, when all of a sudden you get served some retirement papers. You refuse to sign and they write refusal on them, and the Chief takes your "verbal resignation".

While I'm no cheerleader of Durkin or the PBA, it's not their fault here. Captains are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement and are not entitled to PBA representation. He was given an ultimatum and he made his own decision.

07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
The other poster got it right, "this is just a job" If you live your job you will be sadly disappointed!!
I'm glad to see that He won in court regarding his job. I'm not a fan of his, but I enjoy the fact that people stand up to the city and sometimes win..
I think some people here take themselves way to serious. We are city employees, BLUE COLLAR WORKERS. Remeber when it rains we get wet, when its hot out we sweat. We create more hype about ourselves and our job than the public does. We start to believe our own entitlements and think we can not be replaced, can you easily name 10 of your coworkers that retired 5 or more years ago? You too will be one of those names so quickly and easily forgotten!

07-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Kevin Durkin did absolutely nothing (shock shock) about what the Chief had done, knowing full well of the implications. Just imagine, you just say one day that youre just tired of this place and you feel you should quit, when all of a sudden you get served some retirement papers. You refuse to sign and they write refusal on them, and the Chief takes your "verbal resignation".

While I'm no cheerleader of Durkin or the PBA, it's not their fault here. Captains are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement and are not entitled to PBA representation. He was given an ultimatum and he made his own decision.

Not talking about Lewis, talking about the Sgt that that did Not retire, but was forced out with "refused" put on the retirement papers.