PDA

View Full Version : suffering has started

07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 8294.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flppmoney0624swjun24,0,6088294.story)

This is just the beginning. Mark my words

07-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Hey jerk-off, can you find something a little more recent? This is old news. We lost our mounted unit, backgrounds, and might lose a few SRO's and Community Affairs people. I wouldn't exactly call that suffering. Sure we are cutting back like all the other citys, but we still have a pension that pays 96% after only 20 years.

Have fun with that FRS retirement.

07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
96%??? Try 134% of base and more for many of us! You won't find that anywhere, in any govt or private pension.

Stand firm brothers....you're day will come

07-04-2007, 02:26 AM
I have an idea. Why don't we STOP calling attention to our pension?!

07-04-2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.officer.com/online/article.j ... 1&id=36739 (http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=36739)

07-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Say bye bye to the 96%.

07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe you are right.....

we might have to settle for 95%.

:lol:

07-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

07-07-2007, 06:10 AM

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A JAB OF SOME SORT?

07-07-2007, 01:42 PM

Wow, Bso5712 sure dated himself Yeah, that was the case back in the early 80s. Hope you are enjoying your 1500 a month pension jackass!!

07-07-2007, 01:55 PM
96%??? Try 134% of base and more for many of us! You won't find that anywhere, in any govt or private pension.

Stand firm brothers....you're day will come

Are you an idiot? 4% multiplier and 20 years equals 80%. You may not find that anywhere and soon you won't either! Ask all the unions statewide, they use your pension as a basis of why not to have a 4% multiplier. Your city is going borke, and I know you don't care, so long as your getting the money now.

07-07-2007, 02:34 PM

Wow, Bso5712 sure dated himself Yeah, that was the case back in the early 80s. Hope you are enjoying your 1500 a month pension jackarse!!

Wow you pines cops are truly morons. The FRS retirement is 100% more stable than your pension that you're going to lose. Not to mention, FRS don't contribute and in the end I can still bank 100% of my salary. Further, FRS has the investment option which if you invest right you can walk away with a ton more money than you can. I don't mind working longer, I'm not lazy like Pines cops. Besides if you look at the big picture, I can take the 10% or so that you'll contribute and put it to a separate 401K. So say your pay is 70,000 and after 20 of contributing 10% you wasted 140,000. I could invest that money on top of keeping my pension and walk away doing much better than you. So pull the stick your arse and try to have some respect for other LEOs.

07-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Wow, Bso5712 sure dated himself Yeah, that was the case back in the early 80s. Hope you are enjoying your 1500 a month pension jackarse!!

Wow you pines cops are truly morons. The FRS retirement is 100% more stable than your pension that you're going to lose. Not to mention, FRS don't contribute and in the end I can still bank 100% of my salary. Further, FRS has the investment option which if you invest right you can walk away with a ton more money than you can. I don't mind working longer, I'm not lazy like Pines cops. Besides if you look at the big picture, I can take the 10% or so that you'll contribute and put it to a separate 401K. So say your pay is 70,000 and after 20 of contributing 10% you wasted 140,000. I could invest that money on top of keeping my pension and walk away doing much better than you. So pull the stick your arse and try to have some respect for other LEOs.

07-07-2007, 03:52 PM

"RESPECT FOR OTHER LEO'S ????" READ YOUR POST AND TELL ME WHERE YOU SHOWED "PINES COPS" ANY RESPECT !!!! WE ARE NOT ON OTHER DEPT. SITES TALKING ABOUT OUR RETIREMENT..... SO GET OFF OF OURS !!!! Let me see who the MORONS are here? The guy that has to work in the ghetto or the ones who work in Pines and get to retire early with a nice pension package ???? Thats what I thought !!!! With all due RESPECT .......... Go back to your own site and stay off of ours !!!!!

07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
[quote="BSO-5712":3o3wiud9]Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

"RESPECT FOR OTHER LEO'S ????" READ YOUR POST AND TELL ME WHERE YOU SHOWED "PINES COPS" ANY RESPECT !!!! WE ARE NOT ON OTHER DEPT. SITES TALKING ABOUT OUR RETIREMENT..... SO GET OFF OF OURS !!!! Let me see who the MORONS are here? The guy that has to work in the ghetto or the ones who work in Pines and get to retire early with a nice pension package ???? Thats what I thought !!!! With all due RESPECT .......... Go back to your own site and stay off of ours !!!!![/quote:3o3wiud9]

How can I give respect when it's now given? You're proud to be a pines cop and that's fine. This isn't about the retirement as much as it is the areshole who posted on the green machine post and the person who posted "enjoy your 1,500 month pension". I'm not sure, but did you guys pay the TABE test? I'm at 27 years with the FRS at a city agency and I'm making 78,000 a year. When you do the math that's over 80% and about 5200 a month. Yea you guys have a good pension, and that's great. If you don't lose it, it will make suit for other agencies to follow in order to compete. Even the FRS will have to do something. Sorry I have respect for the man who has to work in the ghetto. I worked in Atlanta for 8 years prior to coming down here, and it made anything Miami had look like Parkland. I have respect for all cops, but not the ones who bash other cops like yourself. I honestly feel all cops should have to work a ghetto prior to getting a cushy job. Let's face it, give Wackenhut police powers and they could patrol Pines, it's not a dangerous city. Sorry about that jab, but it's apparent you don't respect hard working cops. If you want to make me leave this board, feel free. Just don't disrespect other agencies and you won't here from me again. We have enough people who hate us and it's worse when we hate one another. When one of us is killed or hurt we all swarm the area looking for the suspect. If we worked that way all the time, we wouldn't have any issues.

07-07-2007, 06:48 PM
When was the last time you heard of a BSO Road deputy leaving to join the Mean streets of Pembroke Pines. How many PP Officers have left for other agencies. Remember Cities that have no crime micro-manage because there's nothing else to do.

07-07-2007, 06:58 PM
[quote="BSO-5712":t3nlwi36]Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

"RESPECT FOR OTHER LEO'S ????" READ YOUR POST AND TELL ME WHERE YOU SHOWED "PINES COPS" ANY RESPECT !!!! WE ARE NOT ON OTHER DEPT. SITES TALKING ABOUT OUR RETIREMENT..... SO GET OFF OF OURS !!!! Let me see who the MORONS are here? The guy that has to work in the ghetto or the ones who work in Pines and get to retire early with a nice pension package ???? Thats what I thought !!!! With all due RESPECT .......... Go back to your own site and stay off of ours !!!!![/quote:t3nlwi36]

Some over here was talking about Tampa PD being a cesspool. I'm proud to work here, we are busy and have great benefits. I can't believe how nasty Pines officers are to other agencies. Yes we in Tampa have our difference with HCSO however we work very well together. Some of you should seek employment in a different profession, you give Law Enforcement a bad name!

07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
[quote="BSO-5712":roxqes90]Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

"RESPECT FOR OTHER LEO'S ????" READ YOUR POST AND TELL ME WHERE YOU SHOWED "PINES COPS" ANY RESPECT !!!! WE ARE NOT ON OTHER DEPT. SITES TALKING ABOUT OUR RETIREMENT..... SO GET OFF OF OURS !!!! Let me see who the MORONS are here? The guy that has to work in the ghetto or the ones who work in Pines and get to retire early with a nice pension package ???? Thats what I thought !!!! With all due RESPECT .......... Go back to your own site and stay off of ours !!!!!

Some over here was talking about Tampa PD being a cesspool. I'm proud to work here, we are busy and have great benefits. I can't believe how nasty Pines officers are to other agencies. Yes we in Tampa have our difference with HCSO however we work very well together. Some of you should seek employment in a different profession, you give Law Enforcement a bad name![/quote:roxqes90]

Dont let a few disgruntled Pines cops ruin the reputation of the 225 + others..... Like Tampa, i'm sure there are a few that embarrass you as well. Like U said earlier.... have some RESPECT for the rest of us and stop coming to OUR site !!!!

07-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey it seems like Mr. Mayor Ortis is getting a little worried

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/cu ... rvice.html (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/custom/propertytax/blog/2007/04/lower_taxes_less_service.html)

Like I said before. I'll keep you updated when Hialeah lifts the hiring freeze.

07-07-2007, 11:45 PM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="BSO-5712":3kf32zi2]Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

Some over here was talking about Tampa PD being a cesspool. I'm proud to work here, we are busy and have great benefits. I can't believe how nasty Pines officers are to other agencies. Yes we in Tampa have our difference with HCSO however we work very well together. Some of you should seek employment in a different profession, you give Law Enforcement a bad name![/quote:3kf32zi2]

Dont let a few disgruntled Pines cops ruin the reputation of the 225 + others..... Like Tampa, i'm sure there are a few that embarrass you as well. Like U said earlier.... have some RESPECT for the rest of us and stop coming to OUR site !!!![/quote:3kf32zi2]

I have plenty of respect for all LEO's who don't get their fancy disrespecting other cops and agencies. With that being said, don't disrespect me by telling me not to come to YOUR site. The last time I checked I was afforded the same 1st Amendment right as you were and I will come one here to see how other LEO's are doing. I just get a bad taste in my mouth reading BS that makes Pines cops look unprofessional and as if they walk on water. I'll stop coming you YOUR site, but at least I know now how disrespectful, and unprofessional Pines cops really are.

07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="BSO-5712":wlr9k27m]Do Pines Cops still have to ask permission to make an arrest???

Some over here was talking about Tampa PD being a cesspool. I'm proud to work here, we are busy and have great benefits. I can't believe how nasty Pines officers are to other agencies. Yes we in Tampa have our difference with HCSO however we work very well together. Some of you should seek employment in a different profession, you give Law Enforcement a bad name!

Dont let a few disgruntled Pines cops ruin the reputation of the 225 + others..... Like Tampa, i'm sure there are a few that embarrass you as well. Like U said earlier.... have some RESPECT for the rest of us and stop coming to OUR site !!!![/quote:wlr9k27m]

I have plenty of respect for all LEO's who don't get their fancy disrespecting other cops and agencies. With that being said, don't disrespect me by telling me not to come to YOUR site. The last time I checked I was afforded the same 1st Amendment right as you were and I will come one here to see how other LEO's are doing. I just get a bad taste in my mouth reading BS that makes Pines cops look unprofessional and as if they walk on water. I'll stop coming you YOUR site, but at least I know now how disrespectful, and unprofessional Pines cops really are.[/quote:wlr9k27m]

OKAY ..... Since it is quite apparent that YOU have some MAJOR issues with US, then thanks so much for coming on OUR site to see how we are doing. What a freakin JOKE that is. Just so you know, WE are just fine without YOU and your 1st amendment butting into our business. Stop worrying so much about a city that is 250 miles away and start worrying about your own LEO'S in Tampa.
See yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

07-08-2007, 01:50 AM
I have an idea, lets all try to get along. Pines brothers and sisters, stop bashing other agencies. We all pin a badge and gun on regardless of our what city our patch says. Lets all be honest as well, we all didn't get hired with a 4% multiplier. It was 3 when I started and to be honest the pension didn't mean that much to me, I knew I had one but didn't know that other agencies had different ones. I was a stupid kid, now I am a stupid old man. I think we all need to treat each other with respect and courtesy. We all do the job no matter if you work in Indian Creek Village or Belle Glade. We are all cops! Lets try to unite instead of slam one another. If you work in Tampa in the getto that is a tough beat, we don't have a getto but we do have issues with crime, as do all cities. Pines isn't a walk in the park but it ain't L.A. As far as the every other cop in Florida I respect you as do 99% of my coworkers. Please don't let the comments of 1% of our agency give you the impresion we are primadonnas who hate anyone outside of our own. I thank all of you for keeping me safe when I leave Pines. And for the record I have had nothing but positive experiences with FHP!

07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I have an idea, lets all try to get along. Pines brothers and sisters, stop bashing other agencies. We all pin a badge and gun on regardless of our what city our patch says. Lets all be honest as well, we all didn't get hired with a 4% multiplier. It was 3 when I started and to be honest the pension didn't mean that much to me, I knew I had one but didn't know that other agencies had different ones. I was a stupid kid, now I am a stupid old man. I think we all need to treat each other with respect and courtesy. We all do the job no matter if you work in Indian Creek Village or Belle Glade. We are all cops! Lets try to unite instead of slam one another. If you work in Tampa in the getto that is a tough beat, we don't have a getto but we do have issues with crime, as do all cities. Pines isn't a walk in the park but it ain't L.A. As far as the every other cop in Florida I respect you as do 99% of my coworkers. Please don't let the comments of 1% of our agency give you the impresion we are primadonnas who hate anyone outside of our own. I thank all of you for keeping me safe when I leave Pines. And for the record I have had nothing but positive experiences with FHP!

Amen to you Brother. I'm work for PBSO and if any of you in Pines or Broward need help, we'll be there. Stay safe and livestrong!

07-09-2007, 12:30 AM
When was the last time you heard of a BSO Road deputy leaving to join the Mean streets of Pembroke Pines. How many PP Officers have left for other agencies. Remember Cities that have no crime micro-manage because there's nothing else to do.

UHHHHH!!!! HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!! WE HAVE THREE I CAN NAME OFF THE BAT RIGHT NOW. CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR THE OPPOSITE THOUGH. AT LEAST YOU GAVE US SOME GOOD GUYS.

07-09-2007, 01:18 AM
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF COP VS. COP BULL$#!T.
I'M TIRED OF $#!TTY DISPATCHERS.
I'M TIRED OF "WE GET PAID BETTER THAN YOU" BANTER.
I'M TIRED OF NEW GUYS THAT ACT AND GET THINGS VETERANS DO.
I'M TIRED OF ADMINISTRATORS GETTING AWAY WITH THEIR $HITTY IDEAS.
AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF OFFICERS THAT SKATE AROUND CALLS.

WHAT I'M REALLY SICK AND TIRED OF IS THE SCUM BAG THAT CALLS ME A RACIST...
TELLS ME I HAVE NO COMPASSION....
SAYS I'M A YOUNG PUNK...
AND THAT I COULDN'T FIGHT WITHOUT A BADGE.
CALLS MY FAMILY NAMES....
MAKES FUN OF ME WHILE MY BACK IS TURNED....
SPITS IN MY FACE WHEN I ARREST THEIR SPOUSE....
AND YELLS PROFANITIES AS THEY'RE PASSING BY MY TRAFFIC STOP AT FORTY MILES AN HOUR...

ALTHOUGH WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL (TO GET THE BAD GUY) WE ALL KNOW AND HAVE DEALT WITH THE PETTY B.S. THAT ACCOMPANIES OUR PROFESSION. ANY JOB, AT ANY CITY, IN ANY STATE IS GONNA HAVE YOUR ARSEHOLES. THERE JUST SEEMS TO BE AN OVER ABUNDANCE IN THIS PROFESSION.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS, IF IT COMES TO PICKING BETWEEN THE STREET SCUMBAG AND YOU GUYS, I WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACKS AS A PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS OFFICER.

THANK YOU.

THIS HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY A PINES OFFICER THAT FREQUENTLY COMES INTO CONTACT WITH OFFICERS FROM ALL AGENCIES, AND THE WANNA BE THUGS AND STREET SCUMBAGS.

08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 6733.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbpinesbudbox0803sbaug03,0,3396733.story)

09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
But Pembroke Pines and Hollywood both face multimillion dollar cuts. Tax collections rose steeply there in recent years, so the Legislature's formula requires deep cuts. In addition, both cities entered budget season with large deficits from rising healthcare, pension and insurance costs.

PINES' OPTION

As a result, elected officials in Pembroke Pines might override the state-mandated reduction with a super-majority vote and opt for a smaller tax cut.

City commissioners say it's the only way to provide the long list of services Pembroke Pines residents expect.

''They're fiercely proud of Pembroke Pines,'' Commissioner Angelo Castillo said. ``They don't want to lower our standards for anybody.''

Elected leaders caution that if voters approve an expanded homestead exemption early next year, the next round of cuts could get more difficult. And the list of budget ''must haves'' will need to get a lot shorter.

''It's going to change the way we do business,'' Castillo said.

``We're not going to have the revenue to do all the things that we do . . . It's going to change the quality of life in our community.''

....Guys let's all hope the super exemption doesn't go through because we will be doomed!!!!!!!!!!

09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
In Pembroke Pines alot of wasted money could be saved. The first step would be to demote Captain Rakofsky and Diaco and make them Police Service Aides that they are. That would save some money right there. They are definately a tax burden on the City. The second would be to rid the City Manager of his non City employment status. All of the politicians need to pay back the city the monies they have made as most have first jobs and don't need to be paid for their elected position. Don't let City employees work from their home as Ms. Shelia Paruch did for a very long time. That was a total joke and a rip off. These are a few of the ways to save tax dollars. I am voting for the tax cut, its the best thing that could happen.

09-10-2007, 03:59 PM
just think of all the money the taxpayers saved on not having to fix broken mirrors at city hall. if we can get the smell of do-do out of the commission chambers we could all get a raise.

MOD 1
09-16-2007, 05:28 AM
I made no deletions or edits on this thread.

Mod 1

10-14-2007, 06:31 AM
He is the best Mayor in the State!!!!

10-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Calm down Neal V!!!!

10-15-2007, 05:06 AM
so let's build a new city hall????????