PDA

View Full Version : Who's Next

07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I continue to read here of all the people we don't want to run for Sheriff. Without bashing anyone let see who might be a good choice. We have some knowledgable people within the agency, some of them good supervisors and have moral standards. Who form inside would you support.

07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
LT SLAPP good honest guy I believe he has a masters too

07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
i want fred atkins sarasota mayor to run for sheriff he would be excellant :D

07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Mans laughter must be using drugs. Ed Hale? Pleeeeezze!

This would be my lineup...

Sheriff Skip Rossi
Chief Deputy Tim Carney
Major Stinger
Major Kost
Major Enos

07-01-2007, 11:31 PM
LT JS. Now that's a laugh. He could have Mr. Susan Stanton be his campaign manager. I'm sure he would get the alternate lifestyle and dentally challenged vote. And to think he could "run" for anything other than lunch is just silly.
Why??? Why do you have to be that way??? I really wish I knew who you were.

07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd say Capt. JB has the connections, but I also worked for him and not sure I'd want him for the Sheriff. What about Capt MP / SB / or ?

07-02-2007, 12:45 AM

Sheriff Skip Rossi
Chief Deputy Tim Carney
Major Stinger
Major Kost
Major Enos
Stinger & Enos? WTF? :roll:

07-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Because of what Bustle is doing to FHP, I'm hearing rumor's that Chris Knight might be throwing his hat in the race, with Crist & Jeb backing him.

07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I'd say Capt. JB has the connections, but I also worked for him and not sure I'd want him for the Sheriff. What about Capt MP / SB / or ?
Regarding Cpt JB -- I have no idea, but I'd guess that he doesn't want to run for sheriff because he's seen how nasty it can get. Does he really want to get politically harpooned??? Does he want his wife and family to get harpooned??? Because that's exactly what happens in these crazy elections. :(

Regarding Cpt MP -- I've wondered if Chief LD and his inner circle have thought about having MP run instead of LD because MP doesn't have any dirt on him -- which means he has a shot at winning the office, assuming Balkwill doesn't run again. I guess.

Regarding Cpt SB -- haaaaaaaa are you crazy???? He's a super nice guy, but he'd want to be sheriff like he wants another hole in his head. He's not crazy!!!!

07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Because of what Bustle is doing to FHP, I'm hearing rumor's that Chris Knight might be throwing his hat in the race, with Crist & Jeb backing him.

Chris Knight would do well here. As far as Skip Rossi and Tiny Tim Carney being top dog, if you think you have it bad now, you will be real sorry to see those guys in charge!

07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
As far as Skip Rossi and Tiny Tim Carney being top dog, if you think you have it bad now, you will be real sorry to see those guys in charge!
Skip Rossi has NO DESIRE to run for office. We don't have to worry about Rossi or Carney being here after the next election. They have their rich retirement and they're set for life.

[quote="Deputy Dog":5i9tuzh1]Because of what Bustle is doing to FHP, I'm hearing rumor's that Chris Knight might be throwing his hat in the race, with Crist & Jeb backing him.
Chris Knight would do well here. [/quote:5i9tuzh1]
Does Chris Knight (http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/PhotoGallery/images/PG112403a.jpg) have residency in Sarasota County??? FHP has a history page (http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/html/story6.html) on him.

07-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't know if I believe that Col. Chris Knight from FHP is really interested in running for the office of sheriff in Sarasota County... but if he is really considering it... then it indicates that some high-power political players in the State of Florida see a vacuum in Sarasota... and maybe that's why they're sniffing at it???

If we were to bring in an outsider like Chris Knight, then it would certainly blow a hole in all the in-house politics that have been happening!!!!!!!! :snicker: It might even force reform on our agency!!!! :shock:

I've also noticed that from a historical perspective, FHP has a lot of former troopers who are elected as sheriffs' in our state. Could it also happen in Sarasota County??? Mannnnnnnn that would totally change the flavor of our department.

Would I vote for Chris Knight? Nope. But that's not the point!!! It's still interesting to consider all the possibilities. Somebody like Chris Knight could actually win an election because:
1. He's the head of a major agency (FHP).
2. He has a lot of command staff experience (budgeting, etc).
3. He has a law enforcement degree from FSU.
4. He wears FHP's uniform (that means something to the public, like it or not).
5. He might have connections. If Governor Crist and former Governor Jeb Bush endorse him, then he might be unstoppable because Sarasota County is a Republican county!!!!

Remember: deputies don't win, lose or swing elections ---- only the citizens do. There just aren't enough of us to do that.

07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
He could use it in his campaign.

07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
He could use it in his campaign.

Lay off Slapp. He is a good egg and one smart guy! He has no desire to run for Sheriff of this place although he would do well if he did. Remember, he takes care of us that are going through the school to get a degree! No one else has done that yet!

and Chris Knight wont run for Sheriff here.

07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Lay off Slapp. He is a good egg and one smart guy! He has no desire to run for Sheriff of this place although he would do well if he did. Remember, he takes care of us that are going through the school to get a degree! No one else has done that yet!
Amen. I was deeply hurt to see someone trashing Lt. JS. I'm not a friend of Jeff and I don't hang out with him or go to his house for dinner, but the guy is down-to-earth and is genuinely friendly and he always has a smile on his face and he's certainly never done me wrong. Why would anyone attack him? It was unbelievable. It was a rat!!!!! A dirty stinking rat!!!

07-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Sheriff Skip Rossi
Chief Deputy Tim Carney
Major Stinger
Major Kost
Major Enos
Stinger & Enos? WTF? :roll:

..............Major "Little Enos" :oops:???