PDA

View Full Version : SHERIFF HELP!

07-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I am trying really hard to understand why our male Deputies can not work in female housing units. We have spent thousands of dollars on equipment to make sure we are safe from any false accusations that could be made. This is one of the reasons we (females ) are angry. Also why you see picket sighns stating (INMATES HAVE RIGHTS HOW COME DEPUTIES DONT! ) We were all warned about the line of work we were getting into and the shift changes and such, but they sure failed to tell the female deputies that they would not be = to the males. We work in male housing units with 100 men to 1 female Dep. who's concerned about who? I understand we dont like to be sued, But if their are cameras in every corner, they wont win! So the male deputy may see a naked female in the shower. Do you know how many male inmates we have seen and seen doing .... Who cares. We are punished because of what female inmates might say or do? There are male deputies that are brand new getting day shift. WHAT THE HELL! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO, HIRE DATES, AND EARNING YOUR SPOT???
Sheriff you can fix this!! Why wont you? We want a life too, we want to be able to do our time and move up like the males. U have no idea how bad it sucks to be a female here. I love pasco and I dont want to leave it. I support our agency as a whole on the job and off, But this policy has to change. Why would a female want to come work in our jail when they can go any where else and be treated fairly. We all know and plan our first 2-3 years to be owned by shifts we dont want. I thought to myself well my kids will suffer for a few years, but eventually it will be worth it. I will be able to bid for the shift I want soon. LIES LIES LIES. I feel very deceived and like my hard work doesn't mean a thing because I'm female.
Please I am not a complainer. I am very thankful that I have a job. I don't take that for granted, But someone has to hear the voices of our females. I guess thats it! I can't help you understand any simpler.

07-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Go to Capt. B with your complaint, He will try to bed you and if you let him, youv'e got him. You can then get whatever you want.. by the way how do your kids suffer?

07-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm not going to comment on the first comment you made cause that was uncalled for. On the topic of kids.. If you are on days then they are in school not an issue. When u leave before they get home from school you go days without seeing them. Mabe its not a priority for you since you have other things on your mind. Sicko!

07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Gee, last time I checked, there was no shift differential for being a parent. You are not alone, and there are many MALE deputies who go through the same problems with their kids. Comes with the job, and that point is not valid.

07-02-2007, 02:21 AM
I never said I wanted some special treatment. If you are a male, and I'm assuming you are. You bid according to senourity. Females bid and get placed according to how many females there are on each shift. I have been here long enough to bid and get my bid choice. ( If I were male)
:cry: Whats the matter are you scared to work a female house or something? It doesn't take a brain scientist to see that females get the short end of the stick. I have male Dep. tell me the same thing! They see it. They get it. They know they are lucky.

07-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I want, I want. Just do your f-ing job. You got in this business fully knowing the way it goes. Problem is too many dam women get hired and then realize no command staff wants to hit their trim, so they cant backdoor to get what they want. But then there are those who are successful at sucking into getting what they want eh B? Then they do the whole "I have a hardship cause I got kids" and the f-ing staff accomodates them(well they accomodate the ones THEY hired after 2000). Never mind the men in this place with kids who do their job and don't ***** about it when they get screwed on assignments.

Just do your job and stfu. If that is too hard, quit and be a stay at home mom.

07-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Quit your *****ing, man or woman we are all parents and any of us that don't get time with our family suffer but on 12hour shifts we get more time off and how you spend that time is up to you, I personally don't need any more sleep time than I did on 8.5's so i now get more time with my kids and wife and when I'm at work I am the one that suffers because of the I/Ms and people like you

07-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I am not saying that I agree or disagree with the poster of this message. I choose to air my grievances through proper channels. I choose to fight for what I think is right and just. For those who know me, know this was not me. If it was me I would put my name. I am not scared, but I understand that some people are. If you feel this strongly, fight. Please- or be quiet. I am tired of being given the blame for things I don't do. Besides, I can spell :D

Remember, males benefit from our lack of equality, so why would they agree with you? If you want it bad enough- do something. Feel free to come talk to me, I will listen. By the way, we did not go into this business informed that we would be treated differently and that our seniority is different. So the male deputy that suggested that can go back to his juvenile pursuits. I don't post on LEO affairs, but when someone comes to me saying I wrote something I did not, whether or not I agree with it, I don't like it. This forum is for whiny biotches who are to afraid to put their names. Put up, or shut the hell up. THAT IS ALL!!!

07-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Those looking for who wrote this, don't look at Peabody look at Golisano or Oschenfeld

Yakuza
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Go to Capt. B with your complaint, He will try to bed you and if you let him, youv'e got him. You can then get whatever you want.. by the way how do your kids suffer?
Wow....somebody call the village and let them know we've found their idiot.
:roll:

07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
good ole eddie b still up to the same old tricks you were doing back 20 years ago the more things change the more they stay the same

07-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Another good question to ask you'r self is; Arn't we all wearing the same badge? If you were on the road Female dept. you would be bidding according to you'r seniority. There is no difference between you and the males. It should be the same in the jail too.